+ Reply to Thread
Page 221 of 562 FirstFirst ... 121171211219220221222223231271321 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 5613

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

hey redeye, what do u think of Ramses? I know it was only 2catches, but 2big catches in his first game back, and he saved a INT on ELI with one of those catches.. As u know , i've always been high on him, and his talent is undeniable in my opinion, all though, people need to remember, reese has built a juggernaut of a offense, and there will be weeks, that guys like Barden and Mario and Cruz will be super silent, and other weeks, where they'll take there turn being huge part of the offense.. I would say i was dead on about John Goff and Victor Cruz, and i'm on my way to being dead on about Ramses barden.. I recall u and Slip being down on both Goff and Barden..lol U know what they got in common? Besides the fact there very smart(ramses could of went to Penn in the ivy league and obviously goff is a vandy kid), they were extremely productive players in college, and good people as well...

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]U know whos been playing well the last 4-5wk's or so? Micheal Egnew TE mizzo.. After a slow start, hes finally picking it back up, and that is mainly because Franklin is becoming better and better as a QB.. Egnew had a 100yrd game a few weeks ago, and had 12receptions for 69yrds today against baylor.. That would be a solid Video for Egnew redeye..
    [/quote]
    he is 1 of those split out pretend TEs. Dont get me wrong tho, he is a great reciever. He just never lines up tight to the line. He would only fit certain systems because of that. I watch him play and its easy to forget his size. He plays so much like a WR.
    [/quote]They should just call him a WR he doesnt block ever. I keep thinking Chase Coffman with him[/quote] what about Rob Housler?
    [/quote]I saw Housler block more but yeah U have a point. There arent many true Tight Ends left in CFB. Dwayne Allen and Tyler Eifert are the best 2 prospects I think. Coby Fleener blocks a little. He is like there 3rd option as a blocker at TE[/quote] Eifert is really impressive, but i'm 10000pct sold on Ballard.. I'm sorry, reese is a freaking genius with his Drafting and udf signings.. How many times after the draft do i plead with so many people on here who question our drafts(how they can is beyond me!), and whine about it, when they should be utterly estatic? I always seem to be amazed at what reese comes away with at the UDF signing period and u can add ballard to the list.. I mean, it seems every yr, theres like 5-7 UDF's that reese gets us, that i'm like, "hey this guys got a chance!!lol" I mean, u know how hard it is for a UDF to make it, and every yr, theres a handful that either make it or bring it right to the limit for us, and thats after a remarkable regular draft.. I can't tell u how much i love Jerry Reese as a GM.. Seriously, there is no one who freaking just raves about our drafts and UDF's like i do, and i don't want to, but jeez, u can't help it!!! When u see guys like Greg Jones in RD 6 and James Brewer in RD 4, and Darel Scott in RD 7, and he knows enough to snatch up Linval(loved em as a prospect!) in RD 2, and he finds Barden and Jerrnigan and Mario in RD 3, and Nicks almost at the end of RD 1, and our starting LT at the end of RD 2, and a sick run stuffing, getting better every snap before his Injury MLB in RD 5, and a super athletic S in RD 3, who hopefully will play someday, and i could do this all day!!lol

My point is, i'm not as intrigued anymore with the TE's, because we got one! I'm 100pct sold on Jake Ballard! U certainly can't say the old, "no one covers him" trick anymore..lol Boy is a baller! I could see us taking a guy in the mid to late rds, because we could use a backup, but i think Ballards are guy for awhile...

Its that time again, the Weekly Mock Draft from everybodys favorite Sportzfan!!!lol WHat a WIN against NE! Just remarkable! The talent on this giants team , is litteraly from Top to bottom.. I mean, if they could ever stay healthy, they could have the most Talent from Top to bottom, hands down in the whole league.. Anyhow, i got us picking 28th this week, up from i think 26th last wk... And obviously, every round, i'm doing my mock with us picking 28th in that Round... I'm also giving us as i did last week, a 4th round COMP pick for barry cofield, as i think thats what we'll get for him... Lets do it!!

1. Micahel Brewster C Ohio St- Its clear, we still haven't solved our longterm C problem, as Baas has been good but not great, and injury prone, and i'd like him to move over to his natural G positon next yr and take over for soon to be ex giant(thanks for memories davie!), David Diehl.. Diehl is due to much money and will certainly be let go after this season.. I don't need to rant about Brewster because hes in a few of my prior mocks.. Hes a great C prospect, and i think will really help that Up the Gut running for us.. Hes a complete C with great size, technique and nastiness..Reminds me of Alex Mack...

2. Tj Mcdonald S U.S.C- I really like McDonald, and i don't know how much Doe KP will ask for when his FA'cy comes up, and we could simply use another S that can get after it against the Pass, but yet has the size to defend the run as well.. McDonald is right at the top of the Safety Class, but its not a great top heavy class, so i got him falling to end of RD 2 for us.. He Reminds me of KP kinda, but the KP before the Knee issues.. McDonald could have the career we thought KP was gonna have..(not that KPs been dreadful or anything, but u know what i mean)

3. Devin Taylor DE South Carolina- A athletic Freak! U put him on the field with JPP, and Kiwi, and Marvin Austin, and Linval, and Prince, and TT, and Rolle, and Jaquain WIlliams, and yada yada yada, and jesus!!lol Hes very Long obviously, and has gotten a pick in back to back yrs because of that length, and i could see him being a batted ball machine, and really help keep the stable of pass rushers filled for us, with OSI's future in question and Tuck another yr older..

4 Doug Martin RB Boise St- I see a bit of Ray Rice in Martin, and with Bradshaws feet issues and Jacobs probably out of here after the season, a RB could be usefull, and Martin runs hard, has pretty solid enough speed, nice low center of gravity, and can keep going after contact... Martin/Bradshaw/Scott as are future 3rb's... They could really be a beastly 3some..

4. Jerry Franklin LB Arkansas- As redeye does, i also just really like Franklins game.. With Goffs injury, we could bring in another MLB to challenge Greg Jones going forward, or possibly move Franklin to SLB, and Kiwi back to End.. Either way, Franklin is good value in the COMP picks of RD 4, and worth a shot...

5. Cameron Chism CB Maryland- Not sure if he makes it here, but its possible with a good class of CB's coming out, and i'm sure a heap of Jr's as well.. Chism is very underrated and has the Giant CB size, and very good speed and expierence.. His ball skills are above averege and to be honest, i'm surprised he dosen't get more attention, all though Maryland is having a horrific season..

6. Chandler Harnish QB No. Illinois- Spoken about him before, and hes back in this mock.. I like Chandler becasue of his versatility, with the ability to Run and throw, and he seems to have a bit of that "it" factor, and is worth taking a chance on, in my opinion..

7. Josh Chichester TE Louisville- A nice Sleeper pick, whos more WR then Blocking TE, but when u used to be a WR, that is usually how it works..lol hes got a ton of the physical tools, and room to add weight, and just on upside and potential, is worth a shot.. A intriguing guy....

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]Its that time again, the Weekly Mock Draft from everybodys favorite Sportzfan!!!lol WHat a WIN against NE! Just remarkable! The talent on this giants team , is litteraly from Top to bottom.. I mean, if they could ever stay healthy, they could have the most Talent from Top to bottom, hands down in the whole league.. Anyhow, i got us picking 28th this week, up from i think 26th last wk... And obviously, every round, i'm doing my mock with us picking 28th in that Round... I'm also giving us as i did last week, a 4th round COMP pick for barry cofield, as i think thats what we'll get for him... Lets do it!!

1. Micahel Brewster C Ohio St- Its clear, we still haven't solved our longterm C problem, as Baas has been good but not great, and injury prone, and i'd like him to move over to his natural G positon next yr and take over for soon to be ex giant(thanks for memories davie!), David Diehl.. Diehl is due to much money and will certainly be let go after this season.. I don't need to rant about Brewster because hes in a few of my prior mocks.. Hes a great C prospect, and i think will really help that Up the Gut running for us.. Hes a complete C with great size, technique and nastiness..Reminds me of Alex Mack...

2. Tj Mcdonald S U.S.C- I really like McDonald, and i don't know how much Doe KP will ask for when his FA'cy comes up, and we could simply use another S that can get after it against the Pass, but yet has the size to defend the run as well.. McDonald is right at the top of the Safety Class, but its not a great top heavy class, so i got him falling to end of RD 2 for us.. He Reminds me of KP kinda, but the KP before the Knee issues.. McDonald could have the career we thought KP was gonna have..(not that KPs been dreadful or anything, but u know what i mean)

3. Devin Taylor DE South Carolina- A athletic Freak! U put him on the field with JPP, and Kiwi, and Marvin Austin, and Linval, and Prince, and TT, and Rolle, and Jaquain WIlliams, and yada yada yada, and jesus!!lol Hes very Long obviously, and has gotten a pick in back to back yrs because of that length, and i could see him being a batted ball machine, and really help keep the stable of pass rushers filled for us, with OSI's future in question and Tuck another yr older..

4 Doug Martin RB Boise St- I see a bit of Ray Rice in Martin, and with Bradshaws feet issues and Jacobs probably out of here after the season, a RB could be usefull, and Martin runs hard, has pretty solid enough speed, nice low center of gravity, and can keep going after contact... Martin/Bradshaw/Scott as are future 3rb's... They could really be a beastly 3some..

4. Jerry Franklin LB Arkansas- As redeye does, i also just really like Franklins game.. With Goffs injury, we could bring in another MLB to challenge Greg Jones going forward, or possibly move Franklin to SLB, and Kiwi back to End.. Either way, Franklin is good value in the COMP picks of RD 4, and worth a shot...

5. Cameron Chism CB Maryland- Not sure if he makes it here, but its possible with a good class of CB's coming out, and i'm sure a heap of Jr's as well.. Chism is very underrated and has the Giant CB size, and very good speed and expierence.. His ball skills are above averege and to be honest, i'm surprised he dosen't get more attention, all though Maryland is having a horrific season..

6. Chandler Harnish QB No. Illinois- Spoken about him before, and hes back in this mock.. I like Chandler becasue of his versatility, with the ability to Run and throw, and he seems to have a bit of that "it" factor, and is worth taking a chance on, in my opinion..

7. Josh Chichester TE Louisville- A nice Sleeper pick, whos more WR then Blocking TE, but when u used to be a WR, that is usually how it works..lol hes got a ton of the physical tools, and room to add weight, and just on upside and potential, is worth a shot.. A intriguing guy....
    [/quote]

Well thought out as usual. As I said last time you mentioned him I do like Brewster for us as well. TJ McDonald is a Giants type defensive player. In todays NFL I do worry a little a penalties he wracks up for hits up high and on defenseless players. He wrecks people. But, he is a good tackler and a long player who gets way up to intercept/ deflect passes. He would be handy vs all the tall WRs in this division/league, the guy gets way up there.

Chism is a good smart player who puts himself in good spots. But, I want to see him run at the combine. I worry about his speed, moreso than quickness. Its also hard to judge him because Maryland plays so much zone.

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]Its that time again, the Weekly Mock Draft from everybodys favorite Sportzfan!!!lol WHat a WIN against NE! Just remarkable! The talent on this giants team , is litteraly from Top to bottom.. I mean, if they could ever stay healthy, they could have the most Talent from Top to bottom, hands down in the whole league.. Anyhow, i got us picking 28th this week, up from i think 26th last wk... And obviously, every round, i'm doing my mock with us picking 28th in that Round... I'm also giving us as i did last week, a 4th round COMP pick for barry cofield, as i think thats what we'll get for him... Lets do it!!

[/quote]Yeah its good not sure if Taylor will come out if he is projected as a 3rd rounder i like the players

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]hey redeye, what do u think of Ramses? I know it was only 2catches, but 2big catches in his first game back, and he saved a INT on ELI with one of those catches.. As u know , i've always been high on him, and his talent is undeniable in my opinion, all though, people need to remember, reese has built a juggernaut of a offense, and there will be weeks, that guys like Barden and Mario and Cruz will be super silent, and other weeks, where they'll take there turn being huge part of the offense.. I would say i was dead on about John Goff and Victor Cruz, and i'm on my way to being dead on about Ramses barden.. I recall u and Slip being down on both Goff and Barden..lol U know what they got in common? Besides the fact there very smart(ramses could of went to Penn in the ivy league and obviously goff is a vandy kid), they were extremely productive players in college, and good people as well...
    [/quote]I never thought Goff was a starter. Thought he was more of a back up not like he shouldnt be in the NFL or anything. Barden is still an enigma. I still just havent seen much of him. I still have seen far more snaps fromunderclassmen WR's in the SEC then I have of Barden in his 3rd year. I didnt like what I saw from his college tapes. I really didnt like his route running and his hands were suspect. Id still take it easywith Barden I still dont think he will pan out as a Top 3 receiver on a team. I still maintain College productivity has really little effect on how good of an NFL Player u will be.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]hey redeye, what do u think of Ramses? I know it was only 2catches, but 2big catches in his first game back, and he saved a INT on ELI with one of those catches.. As u know , i've always been high on him, and his talent is undeniable in my opinion, all though, people need to remember, reese has built a juggernaut of a offense, and there will be weeks, that guys like Barden and Mario and Cruz will be super silent, and other weeks, where they'll take there turn being huge part of the offense.. I would say i was dead on about John Goff and Victor Cruz, and i'm on my way to being dead on about Ramses barden.. I recall u and Slip being down on both Goff and Barden..lol U know what they got in common? Besides the fact there very smart(ramses could of went to Penn in the ivy league and obviously goff is a vandy kid), they were extremely productive players in college, and good people as well...
    [/quote]I never thought Goff was a starter. Thought he was more of a back up not like he shouldnt be in the NFL or anything. Barden is still an enigma. I still just havent seen much of him. I still have seen far more snaps fromunderclassmen WR's in the SEC then I have of Barden in his 3rd year. I didnt like what I saw from his college tapes. I really didnt like his route running and his hands were suspect. Id still take it easywith Barden I still dont think he will pan out as a Top 3 receiver on a team. I still maintain College productivity has really little effect on how good of an NFL Player u will be.[/quote] I don't know about that.. I've seen Barden make tons of sensational catches with DB's drapped all over him on those Fades in the endzone, where he also has to show great concentration just to get his feet in bounds.... Bardens definetly gonna contribute, regardless if anyone believes it or not, he just is... Hes just to good not to.. As for Goff, he was poised to have a yr that rivaled Antonio Pierces best season with us, in my opinion... In my opinion, he was turning into more then just a run stuffer, who can get behind the line, but also a solid pass defender, at least as solid as a sensational run defender can be..lol As far as college production, i don't think its 100pct nessecary, but it certainly helps, if the dudes dominate a lower level of competition...

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]hey redeye, what do u think of Ramses? I know it was only 2catches, but 2big catches in his first game back, and he saved a INT on ELI with one of those catches.. As u know , i've always been high on him, and his talent is undeniable in my opinion, all though, people need to remember, reese has built a juggernaut of a offense, and there will be weeks, that guys like Barden and Mario and Cruz will be super silent, and other weeks, where they'll take there turn being huge part of the offense.. I would say i was dead on about John Goff and Victor Cruz, and i'm on my way to being dead on about Ramses barden.. I recall u and Slip being down on both Goff and Barden..lol U know what they got in common? Besides the fact there very smart(ramses could of went to Penn in the ivy league and obviously goff is a vandy kid), they were extremely productive players in college, and good people as well...
    [/quote]I never thought Goff was a starter. Thought he was more of a back up not like he shouldnt be in the NFL or anything. Barden is still an enigma. I still just havent seen much of him. I still have seen far more snaps fromunderclassmen WR's in the SEC then I have of Barden in his 3rd year. I didnt like what I saw from his college tapes. I really didnt like his route running and his hands were suspect. Id still take it easywith Barden I still dont think he will pan out as a Top 3 receiver on a team. I still maintain College productivity has really little effect on how good of an NFL Player u will be.[/quote] I don't know about that.. I've seen Barden make tons of sensational catches with DB's drapped all over him on those Fades in the endzone, where he also has to show great concentration just to get his feet in bounds.... Bardens definetly gonna contribute, regardless if anyone believes it or not, he just is... Hes just to good not to.. As for Goff, he was poised to have a yr that rivaled Antonio Pierces best season with us, in my opinion... In my opinion, he was turning into more then just a run stuffer, who can get behind the line, but also a solid pass defender, at least as solid as a sensational run defender can be..lol As far as college production, i don't think its 100pct nessecary, but it certainly helps, if the dudes dominate a lower level of competition...
    [/quote]

I agree with U about Goff. He looked fantastic this pre season. His pass defense looked much better.That injury really sucked it hurt the Giants run defense a lot.

Dude this is awesome the NFLPA game which has replaced the Texas Nation game will now allow All draft eligible players to play. Meaning we finally get a post season game that will allow Juniors to play. This has pissed me off to no end that we never get a look at these guys in these games and we finally do. Before the Texas Nation game was filled with late rounders but now this will turn into a much better game with top tier guys as well. The only thing that sux is that the game is within the same week as the Senior Bowl so the Senior Bowl players wont play in the game but thats okay. We will get underclassman and late round guys.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nfl/s...me-los-angeles

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

Dude this is awesome the NFLPA game which has replaced the Texas Nation game will now allow All draft eligible players to play. Meaning we finally get a post season game that will allow Juniors to play. This has pissed me off to no end that we never get a look at these guys in these games and we finally do. Before the Texas Nation game was filled with late rounders but now this will turn into a much better game with top tier guys as well. The only thing that sux is that the game is within the same week as the Senior Bowl so the Senior Bowl players wont play in the game but thats okay. We will get underclassman and late round guys.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nfl/s...me-los-angeles

[/quote] Great News...