+ Reply to Thread
Page 224 of 562 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226234274324 ... LastLast
Results 2,231 to 2,240 of 5613

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]I'm confused about a few players, mainly a couple actually.. What is the deal with Brandon Thompson DT Clemson and Billy Winn DT Boise st? I constantly see them mocked in RD 1, with Thompson sometimes in the TOP 10, and yet they barley make any impact plays at all, and i realize that they could be plugging holes, but it don't seem like there really tearing up the tackle numbers either.. I admit, to not paying much mind to these paticular players, so i could be in LF on this, but maybe someone can enlighten me to the hype on these 2?
    [/quote]

Winn is a guy I think people like more because of potiental and versatility. He plays all over the line and has good length to his frame.Im personally not a big fan but I admit im not as versed on him as some of the other guys.

Brandon Thompson I am more familiar with. He looked real good down the stretch of 2010 and I thought he was in for a huge year but it hasnt really worked out that way.I think what bothers U is the lack of penetration and play making and i cant really argue with U there.Thompson probably is a 1 Tech in the NFL. He does a good job of couping blockers and freeing other players to make plays. He has talent but it often doesn't translate to him finishing the play himself. He does do a good job of pushing the pocket but I could see why that might be enough to warrant a very high draft grade

[/quote] ya, i figured Thompson was a free up defender DT, by his lack of big plays.. Its not a great yr for DT's as far as early on... So i guess people will reach a bit for any upside... Winn is versatile, but hes gotta start making plays or he might lose some luster to some nfl teams... I wonder if Thompson will go before Worthy?
    [/quote]Not a great year for defenders either.Lack of Pass Rushers in this draft as well. The LB prospects have played very poorly. Burfict has been awful Im not sure he will even declare. Teo has not impressed me either, Very Poor Technique. Kuechly has made a lot of tackles but his team is horrible.So many tackles are made after the guy gains 7 yards.

[quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

Ray Ray Armstrong "Miami"will most likely be found ineligible and has been suspendedafter tweeting that he went out to dinner with a PR Firm.

Face to Palm "Shakes Head" How canU be this stupid

[/quote]
    omfg what a dumb ***. he just cost himself millions
    [/quote] WOW!

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]I'm confused about a few players, mainly a couple actually.. What is the deal with Brandon Thompson DT Clemson and Billy Winn DT Boise st? I constantly see them mocked in RD 1, with Thompson sometimes in the TOP 10, and yet they barley make any impact plays at all, and i realize that they could be plugging holes, but it don't seem like there really tearing up the tackle numbers either.. I admit, to not paying much mind to these paticular players, so i could be in LF on this, but maybe someone can enlighten me to the hype on these 2?
    [/quote]

Winn is a guy I think people like more because of potiental and versatility. He plays all over the line and has good length to his frame.Im personally not a big fan but I admit im not as versed on him as some of the other guys.

Brandon Thompson I am more familiar with. He looked real good down the stretch of 2010 and I thought he was in for a huge year but it hasnt really worked out that way.I think what bothers U is the lack of penetration and play making and i cant really argue with U there.Thompson probably is a 1 Tech in the NFL. He does a good job of couping blockers and freeing other players to make plays. He has talent but it often doesn't translate to him finishing the play himself. He does do a good job of pushing the pocket but I could see why that might be enough to warrant a very high draft grade

[/quote] ya, i figured Thompson was a free up defender DT, by his lack of big plays.. Its not a great yr for DT's as far as early on... So i guess people will reach a bit for any upside... Winn is versatile, but hes gotta start making plays or he might lose some luster to some nfl teams... I wonder if Thompson will go before Worthy?
    [/quote]Not a great year for defenders either.Lack of Pass Rushers in this draft as well. The LB prospects have played very poorly. Burfict has been awful Im not sure he will even declare. Teo has not impressed me either, Very Poor Technique. Kuechly has made a lot of tackles but his team is horrible.So many tackles are made after the guy gains 7 yards.[/quote] I love Kuechly.. U can't fault a guy for being on a horrible team, and still putting up numbers, regardless of where hes making some of his tackles, at least hes stopping dudes before they score.. It reminds me of when Goff first got playing time for us, and it was on that Dreadful Giant Defense, and people were all over him, like he was supposed to be playing well when the entire defense was playing putrid..lol Of course i could see the signs, as he made some plays and what not, but i wasen't expecting a MLB to be this massive playmaker when the entire secondary stunk, the dline wasent doing squat, nor the other lb's.. Its impressive that kuechly is even doing what hes done to be honest on such a crumby team.. I would love to get him on our team...

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Not a great year for defenders either.Lack of Pass Rushers in this draft as well. The LB prospects have played very poorly. Burfict has been awful Im not sure he will even declare. Teo has not impressed me either, Very Poor Technique. Kuechly has made a lot of tackles but his team is horrible.So many tackles are made after the guy gains 7 yards.[/quote] I love Kuechly.. U can't fault a guy for being on a horrible team, and still putting up numbers, regardless of where hes making some of his tackles, at least hes stopping dudes before they score.. It reminds me of when Goff first got playing time for us, and it was on that Dreadful Giant Defense, and people were all over him, like he was supposed to be playing well when the entire defense was playing putrid..lol Of course i could see the signs, as he made some plays and what not, but i wasen't expecting a MLB to be this massive playmaker when the entire secondary stunk, the dline wasent doing squat, nor the other lb's.. Its impressive that kuechly is even doing what hes done to be honest on such a crumby team.. I would love to get him on our team...
    [/quote]

Based on film and having seen him pay a few times, he is 1 of my favorite players coming out this year.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

Ray Ray Armstrong "Miami"will most likely be found ineligible and has been suspendedafter tweeting that he went out to dinner with a PR Firm.

Face to Palm "Shakes Head" How canU be this stupid

[/quote]

If this causes him to drop to say, the third round, I wouldnt mind drafting him at all.

Right now the more I watch Andre Ellington of Clemson the more I want to see him Blue. 5'10 190 with excellent speed and big play potential...

2012 is a deep RB class and with the concerns over Jacobs remaining in NY and Bradshaw injuries....I could see the Giants making this move. I actually like him better than Lamar Miller and he could be had later too.

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Based on film and having seen him pay a few times, he is 1 of my favorite players coming out this year.
    [/quote] Ya, i think hes my number 1target for the 1st round as well.. He just has a GIANT feel to him, all though if we keep playing well(i hope so!), then i think we get no shot at kuechly.. I wonder if Te'o would be better suited as a 4/3 SLB? If so, we could possilby trade OSI while his stock is soaring, and move Kiwi back to end, and have a rotation of JPP/KIWI/TUCK, and Te'o could slide into SLB with hopefully GOFF or GREG JONES taking over the middle with BOLEY holding down the WLB for another yr untill J.WILLIAMS is fully ready.. Its just a thought, as i heard somewhere about Te'o and possibly being a SLB as a pro.. Can't remember where i read it though?

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Why I do like Kuechly tackles are an overrated stat. Matt Miller put this stat on Bleacher report this morning.

Tim McGarigle[/b], Northwestern (2002-05): 545
    Rod Davis, Southern Miss (2000-03): 526
    Justin Beriault, Ball State (2001-04): 508
    Ryan Fowler, Duke: (2000-03): 495
    Grant Wiley, West Virginia (2000-03): 492
    Matt Pusateri, Miami (Ohio) (2001-04): 485
    Dexter Reid, North Carolina (2000-03): 466
    Derrick Johnson, Texas (2001-04): 458
    Abdul Hodge, Iowa (2002-05): 453
    John Leake, Clemson (2000-03): 443

Those are the Top 10 NCAA Tacklers of all time. The only guy up there I recognize is Derrick Johnson.Johnson is a guy I love as a Football player but Johnson also comes with a better all around game then Kuechly.Im not saying Kuec isnt a great player but I dont think he is in the elite category

All-Pro

Ray ray's so dumb but is such a freak.

Won state title playing QB. Threw the gw pass to Andre dubose with like 30s left.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Why I do like Kuechly tackles are an overrated stat. Matt Miller put this stat on Bleacher report this morning.

Tim McGarigle[/b], Northwestern (2002-05): 545
    Rod Davis, Southern Miss (2000-03): 526
    Justin Beriault, Ball State (2001-04): 508
    Ryan Fowler, Duke: (2000-03): 495
    Grant Wiley, West Virginia (2000-03): 492
    Matt Pusateri, Miami (Ohio) (2001-04): 485
    Dexter Reid, North Carolina (2000-03): 466
    Derrick Johnson, Texas (2001-04): 458
    Abdul Hodge, Iowa (2002-05): 453
    John Leake, Clemson (2000-03): 443

Those are the Top 10 NCAA Tacklers of all time. The only guy up there I recognize is Derrick Johnson.Johnson is a guy I love as a Football player but Johnson also comes with a better all around game then Kuechly.Im not saying Kuec isnt a great player but I dont think he is in the elite category

[/quote] Ya, i could find stats like that on Receptions, sacks, rushing yards, td passes, and pretty much any stat you could think of, with players that did nothing... Kuechly is a top nothch motor on a horrible team, who still gets it done... Hes gotta be one of the best LB prospects i've seen in quite a long time...