+ Reply to Thread
Page 228 of 562 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230238278328 ... LastLast
Results 2,271 to 2,280 of 5613
    Veteran

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

Okay, I was going to post this over in the LB thread, but it got a little off topic, so its going here:

I honestly believe that Kuechly will fall into the 2nd round. "Solid
    Athletes" do not get drafted in the first round. It really doesn't
    matter how good a football player they are, if somebody doesn't blow up
    the combine, they're not going in the 1st.

IMO, Courtney Upshaw, Dont'a Hightower (if he comes out), and Zach Brown
    will vie for first LB off the board (Upshaw is my pick to go first, and
    to some 34 team in need of a passrusher, I'm thinking maybe Chargers or
    Pats). Also, I'm thinking the Ravens will grab Burfict, particularly if
    they miss the playoffs. Indy probably wants another Peyton, so I can
    see Baltimore wanting another Ray Lewis.

As for the Giants, I think Kuechly in the 2nd is a classic Reese pick. Insane value at a position of need.

In the 1st I'm thinking either Dwayne Allen, Mike Martin, or some
    road-grader C/G that fell due to not being secksy enough (Snee-II). Both
    fit the Giants' mold, and both could/should be there in the late 1st.
    If they don't get Martin in the 1st, I could see Jarrod Crick falling to
    the 3rd, (undersized and injured, not a good combination) and would be an absurd value there.

[quote user="Raptor22"]Okay, I was going to post this over in the LB thread, but it got a little off topic, so its going here:

I honestly believe that Kuechly will fall into the 2nd round. "Solid
    Athletes" do not get drafted in the first round. It really doesn't
    matter how good a football player they are, if somebody doesn't blow up
    the combine, they're not going in the 1st.

IMO, Courtney Upshaw, Dont'a Hightower (if he comes out), and Zach Brown
    will vie for first LB off the board (Upshaw is my pick to go first, and
    to some 34 team in need of a passrusher, I'm thinking maybe Chargers or
    Pats). Also, I'm thinking the Ravens will grab Burfict, particularly if
    they miss the playoffs. Indy probably wants another Peyton, so I can
    see Baltimore wanting another Ray Lewis.

As for the Giants, I think Kuechly in the 2nd is a classic Reese pick. Insane value at a position of need.

In the 1st I'm thinking either Dwayne Allen, Mike Martin, or some
    road-grader C/G that fell due to not being secksy enough (Snee-II). Both
    fit the Giants' mold, and both could/should be there in the late 1st.
    If they don't get Martin in the 1st, I could see Jarrod Crick falling to
    the 3rd, (undersized and injured, not a good combination) and would be an absurd value there.
    [/quote] U think Mike Martin DT Michigan is going in Round 1? I was thinking he might go about Round 4ish, probably toward end of RD 4.. I don't think Kuechly makes it outta Round 1, and if he does, hes going extremely early Round 2.. I doubt he makes it out though, and if were picking late 20's and hes there, i would hope we snag him..

Obviously i like your thought of a C/G like Decastro or Webster possibly being the pick in the 1st, because we simply gotta start running up the middle better then we are, to open things up for our talented WR core on the outside and over the middle...

Was wondering about some players u guys thought were gonna be good a few yrs back, that u look at now, and wonder "what was i thinking?"..lol I was going through NFL Draft history, and some guys i remember being extremely high on, and there pretty much bums at this point are.. Also, no 2010-2011 guys , becuase to early in there careers, and even 2009, is kinda pushing it, but i do have a couple 2009 guys, so use them if u want..

Quentin Groves - Here was a guy i was really high on, and all though Kenny Phillips was my number 1 guy i wanted, id of not minded at all if we drafted Groves with the last pick of rd 1, despite having Osi, Tuck, and Kiwi... I thought Groves was gonna be a tenacious pass rusher as a pro, who plays with a edge, and a nasty attitude, and flat out dominates the game by himself at times...LOL Boy was i wrong!!!!lol

Brady Quinn- Totally sold on him.. And not because i'm a diehard ND fan, either..lol I truly thought he was gonna be the real deal as a pro.. He just looked fabulous at ND, and in the back of my head, i still wonder if hes ever given one more shot, could he show what i really believed was gonna show at this level?

Ron Brace- I wonder if he'd be better for a 4/3 based team? I really believed in this guy! Its his 3rd season right now, and still nothing...

Larry English- I haven't heard much outta this guy since the chargers drafted him.. I thought he'd be a 10sack a season guy, all though still a tad early to tell..

That is just a few guys i am looking to be dead wrong about so far.. Obviously, i've been right quite a bit, but sometimes its just fun to swith it up and talk about something diffrent, like our failures...lol

Veteran

Well, like I've said: I have been able tO watch very little football lately. Last I saw, Martin was very impressive. He demanded triple teams and manhandled double teams. Has he regressed? Last I saw he was playing like a white Suh.

Obviously Keuchly is a superb football player with unreal production... I would be thrilled to get him in the 1st, but great football players and production < athleticism especially in the 1st. Maybe I've got a bit too much cynicism, but how often have we seen great athletes jump great football players at the combine?

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Raptor22"]Okay, I was going to post this over in the LB thread, but it got a little off topic, so its going here:

I honestly believe that Kuechly will fall into the 2nd round. "Solid Athletes" do not get drafted in the first round. It really doesn't matter how good a football player they are, if somebody doesn't blow up the combine, they're not going in the 1st.

IMO, Courtney Upshaw, Dont'a Hightower (if he comes out), and Zach Brown will vie for first LB off the board (Upshaw is my pick to go first, and to some 34 team in need of a passrusher, I'm thinking maybe Chargers or Pats). Also, I'm thinking the Ravens will grab Burfict, particularly if they miss the playoffs. Indy probably wants another Peyton, so I can see Baltimore wanting another Ray Lewis.

In the 1st I'm thinking either Dwayne Allen, Mike Martin, or some road-grader C/G that fell due to not being secksy enough (Snee-II). Both fit the Giants' mold, and both could/should be there in the late 1st. If they don't get Martin in the 1st, I could see Jarrod Crick falling to the 3rd, (undersized and injured, not a good combination) and would be an absurd value there.
    [/quote] U think Mike Martin DT Michigan is going in Round 1? I was thinking he might go about Round 4ish, probably toward end of RD 4.. I don't think Kuechly makes it outta Round 1, and if he does, hes going extremely early Round 2.. I doubt he makes it out though, and if were picking late 20's and hes there, i would hope we snag him..

Obviously i like your thought of a C/G like Decastro or Webster possibly being the pick in the 1st, because we simply gotta start running up the middle better then we are, to open things up for our talented WR core on the outside and over the middle...

[/quote]

I think the Giants almost have to take an Olineman in the first 2 rounds. Im not sure if this is a good thing" it is in a drafting sense" but u can make a case that U just take the best Olineman regardless of spot and let the chips fall as they may.Giants are a hard team to read. At least FA is before the draft this year so maybe a hole gets filled before draft day. Some of the best guards in the NFL are FA's

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]Was wondering about some players u guys thought were gonna be good a few yrs back, that u look at now, and wonder "what was i thinking?"..lol I was going through NFL Draft history, and some guys i remember being extremely high on, and there pretty much bums at this point are.. Also, no 2010-2011 guys , becuase to early in there careers, and even 2009, is kinda pushing it, but i do have a couple 2009 guys, so use them if u want..

Quentin Groves - Here was a guy i was really high on, and all though Kenny Phillips was my number 1 guy i wanted, id of not minded at all if we drafted Groves with the last pick of rd 1, despite having Osi, Tuck, and Kiwi... I thought Groves was gonna be a tenacious pass rusher as a pro, who plays with a edge, and a nasty attitude, and flat out dominates the game by himself at times...LOL Boy was i wrong!!!!lol

Brady Quinn- Totally sold on him.. And not because i'm a diehard ND fan, either..lol I truly thought he was gonna be the real deal as a pro.. He just looked fabulous at ND, and in the back of my head, i still wonder if hes ever given one more shot, could he show what i really believed was gonna show at this level?

Ron Brace- I wonder if he'd be better for a 4/3 based team? I really believed in this guy! Its his 3rd season right now, and still nothing...

Larry English- I haven't heard much outta this guy since the chargers drafted him.. I thought he'd be a 10sack a season guy, all though still a tad early to tell..

That is just a few guys i am looking to be dead wrong about so far.. Obviously, i've been right quite a bit, but sometimes its just fun to swith it up and talk about something diffrent, like our failures...lol

[/quote]

U watch a lot of Big East. What do u think of Dexter Heyman? Everytime I watch him he is always around tje ball. He has greatmeasurables for a LB 6-3 238 4.5 40. He is productive big plays as well. Most Draft sites have him in the 20's of OLB's. I see a much better player

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Raptor22"]Okay, I was going to post this over in the LB thread, but it got a little off topic, so its going here:

I honestly believe that Kuechly will fall into the 2nd round. "Solid Athletes" do not get drafted in the first round. It really doesn't matter how good a football player they are, if somebody doesn't blow up the combine, they're not going in the 1st.

IMO, Courtney Upshaw, Dont'a Hightower (if he comes out), and Zach Brown will vie for first LB off the board (Upshaw is my pick to go first, and to some 34 team in need of a passrusher, I'm thinking maybe Chargers or Pats). Also, I'm thinking the Ravens will grab Burfict, particularly if they miss the playoffs. Indy probably wants another Peyton, so I can see Baltimore wanting another Ray Lewis.

In the 1st I'm thinking either Dwayne Allen, Mike Martin, or some road-grader C/G that fell due to not being secksy enough (Snee-II). Both fit the Giants' mold, and both could/should be there in the late 1st. If they don't get Martin in the 1st, I could see Jarrod Crick falling to the 3rd, (undersized and injured, not a good combination) and would be an absurd value there.

[/quote]

I think the Giants almost have to take an Olineman in the first 2 rounds. Im not sure if this is a good thing" it is in a drafting sense" but u can make a case that U just take the best Olineman regardless of spot and let the chips fall as they may.Giants are a hard team to read. At least FA is before the draft this year so maybe a hole gets filled before draft day. Some of the best guards in the NFL are FA's

[/quote] Ya, i seen a good 3round mock for the Giants on Walt Football, by Charlie Campbell today... He agrees about our Oline, and how there getting alittle long in the tooth, with Mckenzie going to be 32, and Snee going to be 30, and Diehl(whos gone), going to be 31... Matt Reynolds would be a great RT prospect for us, all though u know i'm pretty high on James Brewer, but regardless, its still good to have some competition, and depth.. I woulden't be against going Oline 2of the first 4picks we have, to be honest.. I'm also excited about FA'cy this yr, being before the draft again..
    1. Luke Kuelechy lb BC
    2. Matt Reynolds ot BYU
    3. Derek Wolfe dt CINCY

[/quote]

[/quote] Ya, i seen a good 3round mock for the Giants on Walt Football, by Charlie Campbell today... He agrees about our Oline, and how there getting alittle long in the tooth, with Mckenzie going to be 32, and Snee going to be 30, and Diehl(whos gone), going to be 31... Matt Reynolds would be a great RT prospect for us, all though u know i'm pretty high on James Brewer, but regardless, its still good to have some competition, and depth.. I woulden't be against going Oline 2of the first 4picks we have, to be honest.. I'm also excited about FA'cy this yr, being before the draft again..
    1. Luke Kuelechy lb BC
    2. Matt Reynolds ot BYU
    3. Derek Wolfe dt CINCY

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]Was wondering about some players u guys thought were gonna be good a few yrs back, that u look at now, and wonder "what was i thinking?"..lol I was going through NFL Draft history, and some guys i remember being extremely high on, and there pretty much bums at this point are.. Also, no 2010-2011 guys , becuase to early in there careers, and even 2009, is kinda pushing it, but i do have a couple 2009 guys, so use them if u want..

[/quote]

U watch a lot of Big East. What do u think of Dexter Heyman? Everytime I watch him he is always around tje ball. He has greatmeasurables for a LB 6-3 238 4.5 40. He is productive big plays as well. Most Draft sites have him in the 20's of OLB's. I see a much better player

[/quote] Ya, Heyman is a beast, and one of the biggest reasons Louisvilles defense is having a banner season...

[quote user="Raptor22"]Well, like I've said: I have been able tO watch very little football lately. Last I saw, Martin was very impressive. He demanded triple teams and manhandled double teams. Has he regressed? Last I saw he was playing like a white Suh.

Obviously Keuchly is a superb football player with unreal production... I would be thrilled to get him in the 1st, but great football players and production < athleticism especially in the 1st. Maybe I've got a bit too much cynicism, but how often have we seen great athletes jump great football players at the combine?[/quote] No, Martin hasen't regressed.. Hes a Hustle player, who has solid, albeit not great measurables, and will get drafted on his hustle and heart more then anything else... I like him as well, but hes not gonna be round 1 guy.. Shoot, i have yet to see him in anyones 3rd mocks, all though it dosent mean he can't surprise, 1st round might be alittle much...