+ Reply to Thread
Page 234 of 562 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236244284334 ... LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 5613

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

Ok her goes---my 1st mock(early for me) not including FA or potential trades in the offseason---feel free to critique, my rounds certain players are drafted may be off.

Rd 1-- Peter Konz--C--Wisconsin--move Baas to LG? Alt pick--Luke Kuechly-ILB

Rd 2---Coby Fleener--TE-Stanford--enough of the Beckum experiment! Alt pick--Kevin Zeitler G/Chris Polk--RB

Rd 3---Brandon Boykin--CB--Thomas coming off 2nd ACL surgery on the same knee and he is a FA. Alternate pick---Emmanuel Acho--ILB/Monte Ball--RB

Rd 4--Nigel Bradham--OLB--move Kiwi back to a F/T DE. Alternate pick--Bernard Pierce--RB/Casey Hayward--CB

Rd 5--Nick Foles--QB--some young talent to groom behind Eli. Alternate Pick---Greg Childs--WR

Rd 6---Tyrone Crawford--DE Boise St---Alternate pick---Kellen Moore QB

Rd 7--Blake DeChristopher-OT Virginia Tech.

Edit: this also does not include comp picks. Maybe an extra 4th rder for Cofield and a 6th/7th for Boss and Smith?

One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

Arkansas can win this game but they have to stop Mingo and Montgeomery. Mingo my top rated 3-4 OLB in 2013

Wow Jarius Wright is a really good slot receiver. Burns Ron Brooks who falls down on an option route for 13 yards and a Touchdown

I have nothing against LSU, actually kind of like them, but I would love to see Arkansas win, even with their quitter coach Petrino. I just wanna see a BCS mess come Sunday. Imagine Auburn wins over Bama and Oklahoma beats Oklahoma St? Throw in a possible Georgia win over Arkansas(hypothetically) in the SEC championship? Wow what a mess! Can you hear more and more people calling for a playoff?
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]i don't see how u touch Ryan Tannehill before RD 3-4 in the draft Hes just regressed 2 much this season maybe he gets it going 2nd half but to this point hes been pretty dredful all though there up 16-7 at the half Should be about 24-7 at worst I thought he was gonna be real good this yr but i'm just not impressed[/quote]Hes decision making is woeful at times and thats alarming. Still has the best combination of physical attributes for a QB in the draft.Probably will go in the 2nd round but he really needs to sit for a year or 2.Still makes more NFL throws on tape then any QB in this draft.[/quote] He stares down his Wr's more then any QB in this class as well lol Its why he gets so many balls batted in his face which is also alarming I think Foles is better then Tannehill as far as making NFL throws I coulden't take Tannehill in the 2nd round seeing what i've seen this yr He was just flat out dreadful again yesterday I've completely soured on him

[quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Time for my WEEKLY mock DRAFT! And as i figured Were getting back down the draft some after a embaressing loss at home yet again(seahawks other one) Who didn't see this coming? I mean when u need 4th qter comebacks to beat ARZ BUFF and DOLPHINS then u kinda get a idea we may have some issues this yr and our record may not indicate how good we are lol Anyways I got us down to about pick 22 after last weeks debacle So here we go!

GIANTS PICKING 22nd OVERALL

1 Barrett Jones T/G Ba
    ma- Stater at G in 09 and 10 before going to LT this yr Jones has played exceptionally well this yr If he comes out i fully expect a 1st round selection for him Good size at 6ft 5in 311lbs His versatility is fantastic! Outside of LT hes even played C and LG and RT this season

2 Kevin Zeitler G Wisconsin- Seasoned vet on that Wisconsin Oline whos been a beast for that wisconsin running ga
    me and is exactly what the DR ordered for our poorus run blocking! If Jones and Zeitler are both there in the low 20's of the 1st and 2nd round I think u pull the trigger!

3 Kawaan Short DT Purdue- I just love this kid and he
    makes plays! With Austin not of played for 2yrs by the time he gets going for us and Canty another yr older and Bernard doing nothing as usual It may be good idea to get another DT in here to pair with Joseph and Austin going forward Short is a stout player who has been the heartbeat of his teams defense and its sure fun to watch him play when hes in a zone!

4 Doug
    martin RB Boise St- I've liked Doug martin for sometime and think he could be the next in the Ray Rice/ mjd line of short stout do everything RB's in this league

4 comp- Dealano Howell S Stanford- We need depth and howell is a solid safety who can mix it up in the run game and is not a liability in coverege I think Howell is gonna be a very solid pro

5 Tank Carder LB TCU- Kinda having a bit of a down season as far as what was anticipated outta hi
    m but i still like the way he plays the game and there Defense dosen't have much talent this yr so i think it has something to do with his overall numbers and if he slides to Rd 5 It'd be great Value for a guy like Carder

6 Danton Lynn CB Penn St- Nice depth CB this late

7 Chandler Harnish QB No Ill- Develop
    mental QB who i like
    [/quote]love this mock. Specially zeitlee, Martin, and tank[/quote] thanks my freind

man Eric Page Wr Toledo has 16recept 145yrds with a ton of time left in the 4th qter still Hes gonna get drafted as a slot reciever by someone Hes got poor mans Steve Smith written all over him

who on these boards was talking about not liking Luke Kuechly and hes not Athletic??? LOL The dude is a flat out animal and a flat out Wild Beast! Dude is just dominating miami and stopped Lamar miller in one on one situation with Lamar getting a bit of steam first and hes also had a sweet Pick 6 and made other incredible stops as well! Hes really freaking phenomanol!

[quote user="Raptor22"]Okay, I was going to post this over in the LB thread, but it got a little off topic, so its going here:

I honestly believe that Kuechly will fall into the 2nd round. "Solid
    Athletes" do not get drafted in the first round. It really doesn't
    matter how good a football player they are, if somebody doesn't blow up
    the combine, they're not going in the 1st.

IMO, Courtney Upshaw, Dont'a Hightower (if he comes out), and Zach Brown
    will vie for first LB off the board (Upshaw is my pick to go first, and
    to some 34 team in need of a passrusher, I'm thinking maybe Chargers or
    Pats). Also, I'm thinking the Ravens will grab Burfict, particularly if
    they miss the playoffs. Indy probably wants another Peyton, so I can
    see Baltimore wanting another Ray Lewis.

As for the Giants, I think Kuechly in the 2nd is a classic Reese pick. Insane value at a position of need.

In the 1st I'm thinking either Dwayne Allen, Mike Martin, or some
    road-grader C/G that fell due to not being secksy enough (Snee-II). Both
    fit the Giants' mold, and both could/should be there in the late 1st.
    If they don't get Martin in the 1st, I could see Jarrod Crick falling to
    the 3rd, (undersized and injured, not a good combination) and would be an absurd value there.
    [/quote]Kuchley is going round 1 no questions asked! Dude is super athletic and a super playmaker whos just dominted the U in the finale of the reg season! What a season and career to this point hes had The announers were just sold hes going ROUND 1 and has to come out Hes fantastic!

Veteran

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Raptor22"]Okay, I was going to post this over in the LB thread, but it got a little off topic, so its going here:

I honestly believe that Kuechly will fall into the 2nd round. "Solid
    Athletes" do not get drafted in the first round. It really doesn't
    matter how good a football player they are, if somebody doesn't blow up
    the combine, they're not going in the 1st.

IMO, Courtney Upshaw, Dont'a Hightower (if he comes out), and Zach Brown
    will vie for first LB off the board (Upshaw is my pick to go first, and
    to some 34 team in need of a passrusher, I'm thinking maybe Chargers or
    Pats). Also, I'm thinking the Ravens will grab Burfict, particularly if
    they miss the playoffs. Indy probably wants another Peyton, so I can
    see Baltimore wanting another Ray Lewis.

As for the Giants, I think Kuechly in the 2nd is a classic Reese pick. Insane value at a position of need.

In the 1st I'm thinking either Dwayne Allen, Mike Martin, or some
    road-grader C/G that fell due to not being secksy enough (Snee-II). Both
    fit the Giants' mold, and both could/should be there in the late 1st.
    If they don't get Martin in the 1st, I could see Jarrod Crick falling to
    the 3rd, (undersized and injured, not a good combination) and would be an absurd value there.
    [/quote]Kuchley is going round 1 no questions asked! Dude is super athletic and a super playmaker whos just dominted the U in the finale of the reg season!* What a season and career to this point hes had*** The announers were just sold hes going ROUND 1 and has to come out** Hes fantastic!
    [/quote]

I like the looks of this kid, hopefully we get a chance at drafting him.

Whatever happened to Travis Lewis? Haven't heard a lot of people talking about his this year, last year he was essentially a first round lock.