+ Reply to Thread
Page 235 of 562 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236237245285335 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,350 of 5613

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]who on these boards was talking about not liking Luke Kuechly and hes not Athletic??? LOL The dude is a flat out animal and a flat out Wild Beast! Dude is just dominating miami and stopped Lamar miller in one on one situation with Lamar getting a bit of steam first and hes also had a sweet Pick 6 and made other incredible stops as well! Hes really freaking phenomanol![/quote]

I agree 100%. Thats the point I was trying to make in the other thread. I watched him chase own Davonte Freeman of FSU, a freshman RB who is fast as lightning and sure to be a guy people are talking about on these boards a couple years down the line.

That is why I said that Kuechly may really surprise at the combine. He is not a "marginal athlete" that many here seem to think.

[quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Raptor22"]Okay, I was going to post this over in the LB thread, but it got a little off topic, so its going here:

I honestly believe that Kuechly will fall into the 2nd round. "Solid Athletes" do not get drafted in the first round. It really doesn't matter how good a football player they are, if somebody doesn't blow up the combine, they're not going in the 1st.

IMO, Courtney Upshaw, Dont'a Hightower (if he comes out), and Zach Brown will vie for first LB off the board (Upshaw is my pick to go first, and to some 34 team in need of a passrusher, I'm thinking maybe Chargers or Pats). Also, I'm thinking the Ravens will grab Burfict, particularly if they miss the playoffs. Indy probably wants another Peyton, so I can see Baltimore wanting another Ray Lewis.

As for the Giants, I think Kuechly in the 2nd is a classic Reese pick. Insane value at a position of need.

In the 1st I'm thinking either Dwayne Allen, Mike Martin, or some road-grader C/G that fell due to not being secksy enough (Snee-II). Both fit the Giants' mold, and both could/should be there in the late 1st. If they don't get Martin in the 1st, I could see Jarrod Crick falling to the 3rd, (undersized and injured, not a good combination) and would be an absurd value there.
    [/quote]Kuchley is going round 1 no questions asked! Dude is super athletic and a super playmaker whos just dominted the U in the finale of the reg season! What a season and career to this point hes had The announers were just sold hes going ROUND 1 and has to come out Hes fantastic!
    [/quote] I like the looks of this kid, hopefully we get a chance at drafting him. Whatever happened to Travis Lewis? Haven't heard a lot of people talking about his this year, last year he was essentially a first round lock.[/quote]If I'm not mistaken, I think I remember Travis Lewis got hurt right before the season started. But I think he is back now, just not putting up eye popping numbers?
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]who on these boards was talking about not liking Luke Kuechly and hes not Athletic??? LOL The dude is a flat out animal and a flat out Wild Beast! Dude is just dominating miami and stopped Lamar miller in one on one situation with Lamar getting a bit of steam first and hes also had a sweet Pick 6 and made other incredible stops as well! Hes really freaking phenomanol![/quote]

I agree 100%. Thats the point I was trying to make in the other thread. I watched him chase own Davonte Freeman of FSU, a freshman RB who is fast as lightning and sure to be a guy people are talking about on these boards a couple years down the line.

That is why I said that Kuechly may really surprise at the combine. He is not a "marginal athlete" that many here seem to think.
    [/quote] I swear that its a race thing(hate to say it) and its because hes a white boy that people say that I agree with what u said totally! Hes just outstanding!

[quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Raptor22"]Okay, I was going to post this over in the LB thread, but it got a little off topic, so its going here:

I honestly believe that Kuechly will fall into the 2nd round. "Solid
    Athletes" do not get drafted in the first round. It really doesn't
    matter how good a football player they are, if somebody doesn't blow up
    the combine, they're not going in the 1st.

IMO, Courtney Upshaw, Dont'a Hightower (if he comes out), and Zach Brown
    will vie for first LB off the board (Upshaw is my pick to go first, and
    to some 34 team in need of a passrusher, I'm thinking maybe Chargers or
    Pats). Also, I'm thinking the Ravens will grab Burfict, particularly if
    they miss the playoffs. Indy probably wants another Peyton, so I can
    see Baltimore wanting another Ray Lewis.

As for the Giants, I think Kuechly in the 2nd is a classic Reese pick. Insane value at a position of need.

In the 1st I'm thinking either Dwayne Allen, Mike Martin, or some
    road-grader C/G that fell due to not being secksy enough (Snee-II). Both
    fit the Giants' mold, and both could/should be there in the late 1st.
    If they don't get Martin in the 1st, I could see Jarrod Crick falling to
    the 3rd, (undersized and injured, not a good combination) and would be an absurd value there.
    [/quote]Kuchley is going round 1 no questions asked! Dude is super athletic and a super playmaker whos just dominted the U in the finale of the reg season! What a season and career to this point hes had The announers were just sold hes going ROUND 1 and has to come out Hes fantastic!
    [/quote]

I like the looks of this kid, hopefully we get a chance at drafting him.

Whatever happened to Travis Lewis? Haven't heard a lot of people talking about his this year, last year he was essentially a first round lock.[/quote]To be honest i hope he does have a slightly bad combine if were picking in the 20's, just so we can pick him lol Hes gonna be a impact player for sure! I have a solid eye for seeing players that u just can tell are gonna be good, and i think Kuechly falls right into that group I would be so excited to see Kuechly become a giant!

i was looking at some bowl perdictions from a couple sites and one thing that stuck out to me is that there is gonna be some non ELITE teams in some major bowls this yr There just isn't a ton of elite teams I seen a michigan/houston Sugar Bowl perdiction which would be a really fun game but i'm just not sure either is desrving I'm all about small schools getting a shot and Boise has proven to us that they can make noise but Houston has not beat anyone at all really! Outside of UCLA At least Boise had 1or2 signature WINS along there way to there games And michigan just isn't as good as there record indicates I woulden't be shocked if Ohio St beat them(all though i woulden't bet on it) The BIG EAST is gonna have a Team in a major bowl and i don't think any is desrving and i also don't think any ACC team outside of Va Tech is desrving I wish they'd just use whoever had the most desrving credentials for all bowls I do love the funky matchups in the bowls though I'd like to see Houston get Oklahoma St if there gonna get anyone Either way there is gonna be some weaker teams this yr getting in because this yr just dosen't have a ton of "elite" teams around Outside of i'd say LSU/ BAmA/ OREGON Those are the only 3teams i'd give "ELITE" status 2

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]who on these boards was talking about not liking Luke Kuechly and hes not Athletic??? LOL The dude is a flat out animal and a flat out Wild Beast! Dude is just dominating miami and stopped Lamar miller in one on one situation with Lamar getting a bit of steam first and hes also had a sweet Pick 6 and made other incredible stops as well! Hes really freaking phenomanol![/quote]

[/quote] I swear that its a race thing(hate to say it) and its because hes a white boy that people say that I agree with what u said totally! Hes just outstanding!
    [/quote]

Yep, I dont really care who thinks it as long as its not Reese

LOL did U guys see Todd MCshay's write up of Whitney Mercilus

Whitney Mercilus DT 6-3 363 pounds

Mercilus has a massive frame and moves well for his size.He's Tough to move in the middle and could fit well as a Two gap run stopper in a 3-4 Scheme

LOL what an ***

Burfict got benched last night in ASU's loss for personal fouls. Probably will enter the draft with mountains of awful tape from this season.

Burfict got benched last night in ASU's loss for personal fouls. Probably will enter the draft with mountains of awful tape from this season.

Veteran

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Raptor22"]Okay, I was going to post this over in the LB thread, but it got a little off topic, so its going here:

I honestly believe that Kuechly will fall into the 2nd round. "Solid
    Athletes" do not get drafted in the first round. It really doesn't
    matter how good a football player they are, if somebody doesn't blow up
    the combine, they're not going in the 1st.

IMO, Courtney Upshaw, Dont'a Hightower (if he comes out), and Zach Brown
    will vie for first LB off the board (Upshaw is my pick to go first, and
    to some 34 team in need of a passrusher, I'm thinking maybe Chargers or
    Pats). Also, I'm thinking the Ravens will grab Burfict, particularly if
    they miss the playoffs. Indy probably wants another Peyton, so I can
    see Baltimore wanting another Ray Lewis.

In the 1st I'm thinking either Dwayne Allen, Mike Martin, or some
    road-grader C/G that fell due to not being secksy enough (Snee-II). Both
    fit the Giants' mold, and both could/should be there in the late 1st.
    If they don't get Martin in the 1st, I could see Jarrod Crick falling to
    the 3rd, (undersized and injured, not a good combination) and would be an absurd value there.
    [/quote]

I've never said he isn't a first round talent. He's been my favorite linebacker since last offseason (and people were calling me all sorts of names for liking him over Burfict). I just haven't seen the kind of freakish athleticism that a LB needs to go in the first. I'm not saying he can't, maybe his spider-sense like instincts overshadow his athleticism.

I just think that he's one of those players, at a position that has taken a value hit as of late, who's stock is going to be unfairly weighted by the combine. And, IMO, being white doesn't help matters any. If he has a merely 'good' combine, I can see GM's talking themselves out of the pick rather than trusting their eyes and the game tape. I just can't remember game tape vaulting a player up over a combine performance, but we've all seen combine numbers trump game tape (Julio Jones anyone?).

What SHOULD happen, and what DOES happen ain't always the same...