+ Reply to Thread
Page 241 of 562 FirstFirst ... 141191231239240241242243251291341 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 5613

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

Never did my weekly mock So here it is I got us picking 20th overall this week i figure its around about there So lets do it!

1 Whitney mercilus DE Illinois- This guys JPP type upside and athletic ability and its time to form our future bookends Our pass rush is pathetic and Jpp can't do it alone I was all for Trading Osi for even a 2nd rounder this past offseason as most dissagreed but its clear it would of been a good move and Tuck is to invisible these days and its time to light a fire under his rear while planning for the future Whitney is a freak who has a great first step and has done well against good comp(ohio st and wisconsin) I love this kid! A great Value when u look back in a couple yrs!

2 markelle martin s oklahoma st- I think this is the type of S the giants need He thumps WR's over the
    middle but more importantly hes got the speed and can play that CF positon and get to the recievers on time when getting over to help a DB on a deep pass Hes got a good combonation of Size and Speed and has defended 9passes while also getting 4 tackles for loss and 2 forced fumbles I like his future as a pro and what he'd bring is what were lacking at Safety Deon Grant and KP and Rolle are just not getting it done

3 Sean Spence lb the U- I love the Value of Spence in Rd 3! Hes a very instinctive LB who is always around the ball and could really help Hes undersized but makes up for that with his hard hitting instinctive athletic ability Basically hes a playmaker and these first 3picks would really upgrade our defense bigtime going forward He had 14 TFL and 3sacks to go along with 106 tackles this yr while being suspended for a game

4 Lonnie Edwards G Texas Tech- powerful run blocker whos pretty athletic for such a powerful big man(6ft 4in 320lb) Edwards will give us much needed youth on a very up and down offensive line Good 4th round value

5 Vick Ballard RB miss st- Good size at 5ft 11in 220lbs and has had a nice career as a bulldog Enough here to warrent the pick and hope u strike gold I've seen some comment that he could be a better pro then college player and in RD 5 I think its def worth the shot

6 Greg Childs WR Arkansas- Production has dropped considerbly this yr with guys like Jarius Wright having such a big campaign which will certainly get the thought to be possible 2nd-3rd pick last yr to drop considerbly in this yrs draft In the 6th round u can take gambles Childs has big reward possibilities if your to get him this far in the draft and if he is more of what hes been this yr it only cost u a 6th rounder to find out

7 moe petrus c uconn- has blocked for some good backs like Todman and the uconn freshman this yr(forget the name?) and has had a quality career and we could use the depth and youth on the entire of the oline

There ya have it! Obviously did't go interior oline untill RD 4 which could be risky but we got FA'cy and also our Defense simply needs to get better!

[quote user="tonyt830"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]Top 5 4-3 WLB

1. Jarvis Jones Georgia

2. Zach Brown UNC

3. Travis Lewis Oklahoma

4. Lavonte David Nebraska

5. Keenan Robinson Texas[/quote]Hey Redeye and nyc, out of the mike backers in college right now that will most likely come out this year, do you think they could transition to a Sam backer in the NFL?

I think that Teo or Kuechly could transition to Sam ok, maybe even Acho from Texas?

If not and the Giants have a chance to nab Kuechly with their first pick, maybe Goff could slide over to Sam?[/quote]
    All those guys would work there. Teo might even be better fit as a SOLB. I think the Giants really only need one more body at LB. Goff should come back cheap because of the injury, Boley has been one of the teams best players, and Jacquain Wiliams is for real.

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]*Hey Redeye**** It looks like Akeem Ayers is starting to put it together down there in Tennesee*** Hes had 6plus Tackles* in 3of the last 4 games and a 1sack to go along with 3 TFL and 2 Pass defended !*** And Earl Thomas is turning into one heck of a safety in Seattle as well!****** I think Kenny Britt is smoking crack somewhere but hes really good when healthy!!!lol**** Sportzfan for Gm! Endorse it! Love it! Breath it!!lol
    [/quote]So has 2 of my sleepers Colin mcarthy in tenn and helu in wash. Greatone for head scout! Endorse it! Love it! Etc.

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]*Never did my weekly mock**** So here it is*** I got us picking 20th overall this week**** i figure its around about there***** So lets do it!

1* Whitney mercilus DE Illinois-* This guys JPP type upside and athletic ability* and its time to form our future bookends***** Our pass rush is pathetic and Jpp can't do it alone** I was all for Trading Osi for even a 2nd rounder this past offseason as most dissagreed** but its clear it would of been a good move and Tuck is to invisible these days and its time to light a fire under his rear while planning for the future** Whitney is a freak who has a great first step and has done well against good comp(ohio st and wisconsin) I love this kid!* A great Value when u look back in a couple yrs!

2 markelle martin s oklahoma st-* I think this is the type of S the giants need** He thumps WR's over the
    middle but more importantly* hes got the speed and can play that CF positon and get to the recievers on time when getting over to help a DB on a deep pass*** Hes got a good combonation of Size and Speed and has defended 9passes while also* getting 4 tackles for loss and 2 forced fumbles* I like his future as a pro and what he'd bring is what were lacking at Safety * Deon Grant and KP and Rolle are just not getting it done

3 Sean Spence lb* the U-* I love the Value of Spence in Rd 3!* Hes a very instinctive LB who is always around the ball and could really help**** Hes undersized but makes up for that with his hard hitting instinctive athletic ability**** Basically hes a playmaker** and these first 3picks would really upgrade our defense bigtime going forward**** He had 14 TFL* and 3sacks to go along with 106 tackles this yr** while being suspended for a game****

4 Lonnie Edwards G Texas Tech- powerful run blocker whos pretty athletic for such a powerful big man(6ft 4in 320lb)** Edwards will give us much needed youth on* a very up and down offensive line* Good 4th round value

5* Vick Ballard RB miss st-* Good size at 5ft 11in 220lbs and has had* a nice career as a bulldog** Enough here to warrent the pick and hope u strike gold** I've seen some comment that he could be a better pro then college player and in RD 5*** I think its def worth the shot

6* Greg Childs WR Arkansas-* Production has dropped considerbly this yr with guys like Jarius Wright having such a big campaign which will certainly get the thought to be possible 2nd-3rd pick last yr to drop considerbly in this yrs draft**** In the 6th round u can take gambles****** Childs has big reward possibilities if your to get him this far in the draft and if he is more of what hes been this yr*** it only cost u a 6th rounder to find out

7* moe petrus c uconn-*** has blocked for some good backs like Todman and the uconn freshman this yr(forget the name?)** and has had a quality career and we could use the depth and youth on the entire of the oline

There ya have it! Obviously did't go interior oline untill RD 4 which could be risky but we got FA'cy and also our Defense simply needs to get better!
    [/quote]interesting. Agree that another jpp like defender would do wonders but I think a better DC would be better than any player but I can't argue with the pick. 2 should be an olineman I still like zeitler there as we have both mocked him in the 2nd and with Chad jones possible return I'm not sure 2nd will be a safety unless it's great value. Spence I LOVE and really thought he was gonna catapult his stock but hasn't happened so I love the value.the rest I like no arguements

Conner Shaw of South Carolina is a terrible QB and really put a hurt on Jefferys stats this season. Im watching Clemson SC to do an Andre Branch video. its early first there on the 25 yard line Jeffery gets single coverage beats Sensabaugh down the field on a post pattern and Shaw makes a late poor throw. Stephen Garcia maybe a train wreck but thats a TD if he throws that ball. If I was Jeffery Id want to kill that kid because he is literally pulling millions of dollars out of his pocket.

Veteran

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Conner Shaw of South Carolina is a terrible QB and really put a hurt on Jefferys stats this season. Im watching Clemson SC to do an Andre Branch video*. its early first there on the 25 yard line Jeffery gets single coverage beats Sensabaugh down the field on a post pattern and Shaw makes a late poor throw. Stephen Garcia maybe a train wreck but thats a TD if he throws that ball.* If I was Jeffery Id want to kill that kid because he is literally pulling millions of dollars out of his pocket.[/quote]

I said it last year, if SC had a qb like Mallet or Luck, they'd be unstoppable.

(of course Lattimore was healthy at the time... but then if SC had q legit qb, he probably wouldn't be SO overworked and might not have gotten hurt.)

Jonathan banks And Fletcher Cox Miss st have both submitted papers to the draft advisory board

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Conner Shaw of South Carolina is a terrible QB and really put a hurt on Jefferys stats this season. Im watching Clemson SC to do an Andre Branch video*. its early first there on the 25 yard line Jeffery gets single coverage beats Sensabaugh down the field on a post pattern and Shaw makes a late poor throw. Stephen Garcia maybe a train wreck but thats a TD if he throws that ball.* If I was Jeffery Id want to kill that kid because he is literally pulling millions of dollars out of his pocket.[/quote]Luckily he had Garcia for as long as he did. I seriously doubt his qb play of late will have any effect on his draft status. Scouts know what this kid is

Wow Anthony Davis gotta be wretched as ever! This is on another sites mock draft lol I remember

mad people wanted this guy the yr we got Jpp! THe dude was a lazy bum in college and i knew he was gonna suck! The niners drafted this bum and taylor mays!!!lol Another easy call!

93. San Francisco 49ers- OT Brandon Mosley (Auburn)

Anthony
    Davis sucks. After allowing 11 sacks last season, heís allowed 6 more
    this season and heís doing this at right tackle, not even against the
    opponentís best pass rusher. Davis is a Mike Singletary guy and Jim
    Harbaugh proved by trading Taylor Mays for 5 cents that he doesnít have
    any loyalty to high draft picks from the Mike Singletary era. Iím not
    saying the 49ers cut Davis, but they will at least bring in someone to
    challenge him at right tackle through the draft. If Mosley works out,
    Davis could shift to guard, another need position of theirs.

Veteran

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]*Wow* Anthony Davis gotta be wretched as ever!* This is on another sites** mock draft lol**** I remember

mad people wanted this guy the yr we got Jpp!* THe dude was a lazy bum in college and i knew he was gonna suck!** The niners drafted this bum and taylor mays!!!lol Another easy call!

93. San Francisco 49ers- OT Brandon Mosley (Auburn)

Anthony
    Davis sucks. After allowing 11 sacks last season, heís allowed 6 more
    this season and heís doing this at right tackle, not even against the
    opponentís best pass rusher. Davis is a Mike Singletary guy and Jim
    Harbaugh proved by trading Taylor Mays for 5 cents that he doesnít have
    any loyalty to high draft picks from the Mike Singletary era. Iím not
    saying the 49ers cut Davis, but they will at least bring in someone to
    challenge him at right tackle through the draft. If Mosley works out,
    Davis could shift to guard, another need position of theirs.

[/quote]

In other words, expect a bajillion "Sign/Trade to Anthony Davis! Get it done Reese!"

*sigh*