+ Reply to Thread
Page 253 of 562 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253254255263303353 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,530 of 5613

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

Rumor on Twitter is that Cliff Harris has been kicked off the Oregon Football team

I watching Baylor Texas and Kendall Wright is really explosive.Ive seen this alot this year.The 2nd play of the game he draws bracket coverage.He makes Blake Gideon think he is going to run a deep post ,Gideon cheats inside for just a millisecond but Wright going to run a 9 route . Gideon reacts quickly but its to late Wrights already blown by him.Just like that 6 points. K Wright has electric speed but he isnt a great route runner and his hands are a little suspect but his big play ability is undeniable

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]I watching Baylor Texas and Kendall Wright is really explosive.Ive seen this alot this year.The 2nd play of the game he draws bracket coverage.He makes Blake Gideon think he is going to run a deep post ,Gideon cheats inside for just a millisecond but Wright going to run a 9 route . Gideon reacts quickly but its to late Wrights already blown by him.Just like that 6 points. K Wright has electric speed but he isnt a great route runner and his hands are a little suspect but his big play ability is undeniable[/quote] Wright would be perfect in Tampa I just keep seeing him teamed up with mike williams and Kellen Winslow going forward He is super explosive and when you run deep routes often of course your gonna drop a few as its not as easy as running little 6yrd stop and turn and catch lol Your gonna drop some deep ones But overall his hands are plenty good enough and hes gonna be electric in the NFL It'd be something if a team like the Deadskins drafts Robert Griffin and then snatches up Kendall Wright in Round 2 I hope not because Washington is slowely starting to build a good offense with Helu Hankerson fred davis trent williams and u add robert griffin and kendall wright to the mix watch out!!! Hopefully we'll be able to counter with Jerrnigan if they do get those guys I can't wait for the draft to get here!

Defense, Defense, Defense!!!! and maybe a lil Oline!

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]I watching Baylor Texas and Kendall Wright is really explosive.Ive seen this alot this year.The 2nd play of the game he draws bracket coverage.He makes Blake Gideon think he is going to run a deep post ,Gideon cheats inside for just a millisecond but Wright going to run a 9 route . Gideon reacts quickly but its to late Wrights already blown by him.Just like that 6 points. K Wright has electric speed but he isnt a great route runner and his hands are a little suspect but his big play ability is undeniable[/quote]* Wright would be perfect in Tampa** I just keep seeing him teamed up with mike williams and Kellen Winslow* going forward******* He is super explosive and when you run deep routes often** of course your gonna drop a few as its not as easy as running little 6yrd stop and turn and catch lol Your gonna drop some deep ones**** But overall his hands are plenty good enough and hes gonna be electric in the NFL**** It'd be something if a team like the Deadskins drafts Robert Griffin and then snatches up Kendall Wright in Round 2** I hope not because Washington is slowely starting to build a good offense with Helu Hankerson** fred davis trent williams* and u add robert griffin and kendall wright to the mix** watch out!!!**** Hopefully we'll be able to counter with Jerrnigan if they do get those guys** I can't wait for the draft to get here!
    [/quote]
    He is actually a lot like Desean Jackson.Not quite as fast but has some of the same positives and negatives on the football field

Veteran

So, reading through Walter Football's mock draft (12/1), the G-Men are selecting:
    RD 1) Luke Kuechly (LB Boston College)
    RD 2) Brandon Thomson (DT Clemson)
    RD 3) Kevin Zeitler (G, Wisconsin)

...HOLY CARP that's a kickass draft. REESE, GET IT DONE!

In other news, they don't have Montee Ball going at all in the first 3 rounds. I'm extending the draft to 4 rounds and giving him to the Giants then. That could be a dynastic draft.

In other news, Charlie Cambell REALLY likes the LB's this year:
    10) Upshaw (Chargers)
    11) Kuechly (Bucks)
    13) Burfict ('skins)
    14) Zach Brown (eagles)
    15) Te'o (Bills)

22) Brandon Jenkins -DE/LB- (Browns)
    27) Ronnell Lewis -OLB/DE- (Steelers)
    28) Vinny Curry -DE/LB- (Patriots)

Really? 8 linebackers going in the first round?

Also he has the Giants taking DeCastro at 17, passing on Dre Kirkpatrick, Micheal Floyd, Janoris Jenkins,

[quote user="Raptor22"]So, reading through Walter Football's mock draft (12/1), the G-Men are selecting:

In other news, they don't have Montee Ball going at all in the first 3 rounds. I'm extending the draft to 4 rounds and giving him to the Giants then. That could be a dynastic draft.

10) Upshaw (Chargers)
    11) Kuechly (Bucks)
    13) Burfict ('skins)
    14) Zach Brown (eagles)
    15) Te'o (Bills)

Also he has the Giants taking DeCastro at 17, passing on Dre Kirkpatrick, Micheal Floyd, Janoris Jenkins,
    [/quote]

well, every year there are guys who rise and fall after the season is over, the scouts hit the tape, and the combine occurs and people reevaluate.

But, Im only talking my opinion here I think there is a real chance Kuechly, when all is said and done, is a top 10 pick. I think this for a couple reasons:1) The more tape the scouts see the more they will like him, I know I did and 2) I watch his tape and I see speed and quickness. Most seem to consider him a moderate athlete and I think there is a real chance he does way better than expected at the combine only adding to his late riser category.

I could be wrong, I thought Akeem Ayers would do well at the combine last year and was dead wrong there. But, as I have said in other threads I watched Kuechly run down a freshamn back from FSU who is very fast. I also saw him get deep and to the sideline very quickly several times as well. I do not see a guy who is hampered by so-so athletic ability at all.

So, I guess what I am saying is I think there is a real chance Kuechly is off the board when we select.

As to Montee Ball. I do like him, I just am not as high on him as many. I think it is a strong RB class. I know he is a popular guy right now, and my opinion of him has improved in recent weeks, but his Oline is incredible and I see plays where he does nothing special but run to a hole and isnt touched until he gets to the secondary because the blocking is just that good. This isnt a negative at all for him. I just dont know, nor can anyone know, how good he is if there wasnt an imediate interstate of a hole for him to run through because he hasnt had much experience behind a mediocre oline. There is a lot to like, he is durable and runs north south. But, in the NFL nobody gets holes like the ones he is running through now.

ake[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="Raptor22"]So, reading through Walter Football's mock draft (12/1), the G-Men are selecting:

10) Upshaw (Chargers)
    11) Kuechly (Bucks)
    13) Burfict ('skins)
    14) Zach Brown (eagles)
    15) Te'o (Bills)

[/quote]

well, every year there are guys who rise and fall after the season is over, the scouts hit the tape, and the combine occurs and people reevaluate.

But, Im only talking my opinion here I think there is a real chance Kuechly, when all is said and done, is a top 10 pick. I think this for a couple reasons:1) The more tape the scouts see the more they will like him, I know I did and 2) I watch his tape and I see speed and quickness. Most seem to consider him a moderate athlete and I think there is a real chance he does way better than expected at the combine only adding to his late riser category.

I could be wrong, I thought Akeem Ayers would do well at the combine last year and was dead wrong there. But, as I have said in other threads I watched Kuechly run down a freshamn back from FSU who is very fast. I also saw him get deep and to the sideline very quickly several times as well. I do not see a guy who is hampered by so-so athletic ability at all.

So, I guess what I am saying is I think there is a real chance Kuechly is off the board when we select.

As to Montee Ball. I do like him, I just am not as high on him as many. I think it is a strong RB class. I know he is a popular guy right now, and my opinion of him has improved in recent weeks, but his Oline is incredible and I see plays where he does nothing special but run to a hole and isnt touched until he gets to the secondary because the blocking is just that good. This isnt a negative at all for him. I just dont know, nor can anyone know, how good he is if there wasnt an imediate interstate of a hole for him to run through because he hasnt had much experience behind a mediocre oline. There is a lot to like, he is durable and runs north south. But, in the NFL nobody gets holes like the ones he is running through now.
    [/quote] Ya Kuechly could definetly be a AJ HAWK type top 10 pick lb His instincts are just incredible and as u said I see nothing wrong with his speed I actually saw him Catch Lamar miller in Space when Lamar had gotten a nice little 3yrd head of steam and Kuechly came and got him or it would of been like a 50yrd gain at least! It was incredible! Dude is outstanding!

Ayers is playing really well for TEnnesee right now and seems to have a bright future with them Just goes to show the combine can really screw ya if u take to much from it

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]

Ayers is playing really well for TEnnesee right now and seems to have a bright future with them Just goes to show the combine can really screw ya if u take to much from it
    [/quote]
    He has been decent, they also got Colin McCarthy in the 4th who took over for Rudd in early November and he has been even better. But Ayers combine was such a shocker. Ive never seen a guy who was expected to light up the combine, like virtually everyone said he would, perform so horribly.

He hurt himself a ton, he went from a top 10 prospect to a 2nd round pick. I can only assume he didnt train for the combine and that choice cost him a lot of money.

Lets not kid ourselves though, obviously the combine isnt everything. But it matters. I guarantee if Ayers hat to do over again he would have taken the offseason more seriously cause we all know that combine performance wasnt what he is capable of had he trained for it. He was just too athletic on tape for that combine performance.

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]

[/quote]
    He has been decent, they also got Colin McCarthy in the 4th who took over for Rudd in early November and he has been even better. But Ayers combine was such a shocker. Ive never seen a guy who was expected to light up the combine, like virtually everyone said he would, perform so horribly.

He hurt himself a ton, he went from a top 10 prospect to a 2nd round pick. I can only assume he didnt train for the combine and that choice cost him a lot of money.

Lets not kid ourselves though, obviously the combine isnt everything. But it matters. I guarantee if Ayers hat to do over again he would have taken the offseason more seriously cause we all know that combine performance wasnt what he is capable of had he trained for it. He was just too athletic on tape for that combine performance.
    [/quote] Well there was actually a few people on here who thought he was perdicted to go higher then where he was ranked I never saw him as high as TOP 10 anywhere but i was thinking somewhere from late teens to end of RD 1 The combine is way overrated in my opinion and if anything its just so popular beccause of when it occurs People are craving football and the combine gives us a taste Its become a spectacle all most U see guys like Victor Cruz Arian Foster Ahmad Bradshaw and all these other guys who either weren't invited or didn't perform all that well and look at them? I could make just as big a list of players who succeeded after not having eye popping combine numbers or weren't even invited as i could of players who did excel at the combine The diffrence being the guys who either weren't there or didnt do well more often then not are being past over rd after rd while teams pick busts early on If a guys good Chances are "hes good!" The diffrence in times at the combine are so minescule anyways and the events are nothing like being on a football field with 11players movements and actions all playing a part I believe in the combine to a degree but not nearly that much I still ike it though