+ Reply to Thread
Page 254 of 562 FirstFirst ... 154204244252253254255256264304354 ... LastLast
Results 2,531 to 2,540 of 5613
    Veteran

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]

Ayers is playing really well for TEnnesee right now and seems to have a bright future with them Just goes to show the combine can really screw ya if u take to much from it
    [/quote]
    He has been decent, they also got Colin McCarthy in the 4th who took over for Rudd in early November and he has been even better. But Ayers combine was such a shocker. Ive never seen a guy who was expected to light up the combine, like virtually everyone said he would, perform so horribly.

He hurt himself a ton, he went from a top 10 prospect to a 2nd round pick. I can only assume he didnt train for the combine and that choice cost him a lot of money.

Lets not kid ourselves though, obviously the combine isnt everything. But it matters. I guarantee if Ayers hat to do over again he would have taken the offseason more seriously cause we all know that combine performance wasnt what he is capable of had he trained for it. He was just too athletic on tape for that combine performance.
    [/quote] Well there was actually a few people on here who thought he was perdicted to go higher then where he was ranked I never saw him as high as TOP 10 anywhere but i was thinking somewhere from late teens to end of RD 1 The combine is way overrated in my opinion and if anything its just so popular beccause of when it occurs People are craving football and the combine gives us a taste Its become a spectacle all most U see guys like Victor Cruz Arian Foster Ahmad Bradshaw and all these other guys who either weren't invited or didn't perform all that well and look at them? I could make just as big a list of players who succeeded after not having eye popping combine numbers or weren't even invited as i could of players who did excel at the combine The diffrence being the guys who either weren't there or didnt do well more often then not are being past over rd after rd while teams pick busts early on If a guys good Chances are "hes good!" The diffrence in times at the combine are so minescule anyways and the events are nothing like being on a football field with 11players movements and actions all playing a part I believe in the combine to a degree but not nearly that much I still ike it though
    [/quote]

The combine IS fun to watch. Especially when Rich races the O linemen and gets smoked :-D

And you know I agree that it weighs unfairly on too many prospects. That being said, I can see it from the GM's side: Okay, he can rack up 200 tackles in college, but can he get 2 against an NFL offense? No clue, but at least we KNOW he can turn a 4.5sec 40. With so much money (and their jobs) riding on it, I can understand wanting to be SURE on as much as you can...

It ain't right, but it is what it is. I'd rather guys get drafted on what they do on the field (and character), but if it forces great football players down to us, I'll take it (b^.^)b

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]

Ayers is playing really well for TEnnesee right now and seems to have a bright future with them Just goes to show the combine can really screw ya if u take to much from it
    [/quote]
    He has been decent, they also got Colin McCarthy in the 4th who took over for Rudd in early November and he has been even better. But Ayers combine was such a shocker. Ive never seen a guy who was expected to light up the combine, like virtually everyone said he would, perform so horribly.

He hurt himself a ton, he went from a top 10 prospect to a 2nd round pick. I can only assume he didnt train for the combine and that choice cost him a lot of money.

Lets not kid ourselves though, obviously the combine isnt everything. But it matters. I guarantee if Ayers hat to do over again he would have taken the offseason more seriously cause we all know that combine performance wasnt what he is capable of had he trained for it. He was just too athletic on tape for that combine performance.
    [/quote] Well there was actually a few people on here who thought he was perdicted to go higher then where he was ranked I never saw him as high as TOP 10 anywhere but i was thinking somewhere from late teens to end of RD 1
    [/quote]

You had him going to detriot at 13 prior to the combine with an outside chance of him falling to us.

Quite a few had him going in the top 10 prior to the combine.

His stock fell almost an entire round, which is what I predicted would happen after seeing his combine results which were the poorest of any LB at the combine. Everyone knows he could play b/c of his film. But you cannot say it doesnt matter to these guys if they eat a few big macs and it costs them a mil a year because they fell an entire round.

Veteran

NFL.com is coming out with top 10 lists for various positions:

O-Linemen

D-Linemen

Running Backs

Linebackers

(Note: Kuechly is listed as his No. 1 LB)

dkaplanSBJ daniel kaplan
    NFL says it will 4 the 1st time host regional combines in 2012, eight of them, for pro prospects, and pros that have been out of the game
    Intended for people not invited to the Scouting combine

Veteran

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]dkaplanSBJ daniel kaplan
    NFL says it will 4 the 1st time host regional combines in 2012, eight of them, for pro prospects, and pros that have been out of the game
    Intended for people not invited to the Scouting combine[/quote]

Nice. That might shake the draft up some.

I wonder if that will supplant pro days? Also, I wonder if Eisen will run 8 more 40's?

[quote user="Raptor22"]NFL.com is coming out with top 10 lists for various positions:

O-Linemen

D-Linemen

Running Backs

Linebackers

[/quote]
    1. Luke Kuechly*, Boston College, ILB (6-2, 237):[/b]
    Kuechly is not as athletic as some of the others on the list
    , but it is
    hard to find a more productive player at the position. His combination
    of instincts, awareness and anticipation is unrivaled in the college
    game, and his impressive tackling production is the result of his superb
    play diagnosis. Though his athleticism and coverage rate as concerns,
    his ability to thrive as a "two-down" linebacker is too much to ignore.

IMO thats a big time misconception of Kuechly (Probably because he's white). The guys got better speed and quickness then both Burfict and Teo and his astronomical tackle numbers clearly back that up. He's also got 7 career INT's which is 6 more then Burfict and Teo have combined.

The guys going to blow both of them out of the water come combine time

Veteran

[quote user="Raptor22"]NFL.com is coming out with top 10 lists for various positions:

O-Linemen

D-Linemen

Running Backs

Linebackers

[/quote]

Wide Receivers

Defensive Backs

...Okay, who expects (at some point over the draft weekend) to hear "The New York Giants Select: Mark Barron S, Alabama"

Veteran

[quote user="juice33s"][quote user="Raptor22"]NFL.com is coming out with top 10 lists for various positions:

O-Linemen

D-Linemen

Running Backs

Linebackers

[/quote]
    , but it is

IMO thats a big time misconception of Kuechly (Probably because he's white). The guys got better speed and quickness then both Burfict and Teo and his astronomical tackle numbers clearly back that up. He's also got 7 career INT's which is 6 more then Burfict and Teo have combined.

[/quote]

Wait what? Are we watching the same player? Te'o is much faster than Kuechly.

Veteran

[quote user="Raptor22"]So, reading through Walter Football's mock draft (12/1), the G-Men are selecting:
    RD 1) Luke Kuechly (LB Boston College)
    RD 2) Brandon Thomson (DT Clemson)
    RD 3) Kevin Zeitler (G, Wisconsin)

...HOLY CARP that's a kickass draft. REESE, GET IT DONE!

In other news, they don't have Montee Ball going at all in the first 3 rounds. I'm extending the draft to 4 rounds and giving him to the Giants then. That could be a dynastic draft.

In other news, Charlie Cambell REALLY likes the LB's this year:
    10) Upshaw (Chargers)
    11) Kuechly (Bucks)
    13) Burfict ('skins)
    14) Zach Brown (eagles)
    15) Te'o (Bills)

22) Brandon Jenkins -DE/LB- (Browns)
    27) Ronnell Lewis -OLB/DE- (Steelers)
    28) Vinny Curry -DE/LB- (Patriots)

Really? 8 linebackers going in the first round?

Also he has the Giants taking DeCastro at 17, passing on Dre Kirkpatrick, Micheal Floyd, Janoris Jenkins,
    [/quote]

This week's 3 round mock:
    Rd 1) David DeCastro (G, Stanford)
    Rd 2) Nick Perry (DE, USC)
    Rd 3) Audie Cole (ILB, NC State)

and Cambell has the G-Men taking: Vontaze Burfict (LB, Arizona State)

(he also has the eagles taking Kuechly at 8th overall, and Taj Boyd in 2013)

Also, for the fun of it: Sideline Scouting has the Giants taking Te'o in the 1st and Polk in the 2nd.

[quote user="Spizi"][quote user="juice33s"][quote user="Raptor22"]NFL.com is coming out with top 10 lists for various positions:

O-Linemen

D-Linemen

Running Backs

Linebackers

[/quote]
    , but it is

[/quote]

Wait what? Are we watching the same player? Te'o is much faster than Kuechly.[/quote]
    Teo isn't considered an elite athlete either, but thats besides the point. Kuechly just broke his own ACC single season tackle record, his sideline to sideline speed can not be questioned at this point. Also just look at the guys body type, he's ripped up, looks much more the part of an explosive athlete then Teo does