+ Reply to Thread
Page 255 of 562 FirstFirst ... 155205245253254255256257265305355 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,550 of 5613

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

The SEC flagged some of Draftbreakdowns videos.Had to make them Unlisted before they find mine.Only Alabama videos were flagged for some odd reason

[quote user="juice33s"][quote user="Spizi"][quote user="juice33s"][quote user="Raptor22"]NFL.com is coming out with top 10 lists for various positions:

O-Linemen

D-Linemen

Running Backs

Linebackers

(Note: Kuechly is listed as his No. 1 LB)
    [/quote]
    1. Luke Kuechly*, Boston College, ILB (6-2, 237):[/b]
    Kuechly is not as athletic as some of the others on the list
    , but it is
    hard to find a more productive player at the position. His combination
    of instincts, awareness and anticipation is unrivaled in the college
    game, and his impressive tackling production is the result of his superb
    play diagnosis. Though his athleticism and coverage rate as concerns,
    his ability to thrive as a "two-down" linebacker is too much to ignore.

IMO thats a big time misconception of Kuechly (Probably because he's white). The guys got better speed and quickness then both Burfict and Teo and his astronomical tackle numbers clearly back that up. He's also got 7 career INT's which is 6 more then Burfict and Teo have combined.

The guys going to blow both of them out of the water come combine time
    [/quote]

Wait what? Are we watching the same player? Te'o is much faster than Kuechly.[/quote]
    Teo isn't considered an elite athlete either, but thats besides the point. Kuechly just broke his own ACC single season tackle record, his sideline to sideline speed can not be questioned at this point. Also just look at the guys body type, he's ripped up, looks much more the part of an explosive athlete then Teo does
    [/quote]
    Teo and Burfict are faster straight line speed wise but they arent the most fluid guys .They look more like 3-4 backers

Im very high on Shayne Skov but he has missed pretty much all of 2011

Redeye, do you have any footage of Houston running back Charles sims. The guy averaged 7.5 yards a carry this season and has 116 catches in the past two years.

Not sure if he's a RS soph, or just a soph, but he is 21 so I'm thinking he's draft eligible

Any Chance brandon Jenkins can be a 4/3 SLB? I was curious about that Or is he strickly a 3/4 OLB or 4/3 DE?

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]Any Chance brandon Jenkins can be a 4/3 SLB? I was curious about that Or is he strickly a 3/4 OLB or 4/3 DE?
    [/quote]Weird u ask about him just did this

Brandon Jenkins vs Maryland 2011

I dont think he is really a 4-3 LB guy but who knows Mathias Kiwanuka is the Giants SOLB

man Robert Griffin is just one cool dude! He just seems so genuine and thats coming from a guy(me) whos just totally skeptical of athletes and that true persona He really struck me as down to earth and very humble and even keeled He must of mentioned BAYLOR U about 15 times in his speech and his coach Art Briles another handful of times Hes got a Sgt mother and a Sgt father and talks with grace and dignity and i gotta admit I'm just that much more a fan of RG3 then i was yesterday! I really hope he dosen't end up in our nation's capitol LOL I would like to see him end up in Kansas City or Jacksonville(new ownership and possibly HC and cheaper Draft picks means u don't take as big a loss if u cut ties with a top pick quicker now a days) Anyhow I think RG3 is gonna be extremely good player at the next level How funny was it when Chris Fowler was running through his nicknames and said "baby jesus" and Robert got totally embaressed and i believe it was because of his family being in the audience Just a great dude!

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]Any Chance brandon Jenkins can be a 4/3 SLB? I was curious about that Or is he strickly a 3/4 OLB or 4/3 DE?
    [/quote]Weird u ask about him just did this

Brandon Jenkins vs Maryland 2011

I dont think he is really a 4-3 LB guy but who knows Mathias Kiwanuka is the Giants SOLB

[/quote] true

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]

Ayers is playing really well for TEnnesee right now and seems to have a bright future with them Just goes to show the combine can really screw ya if u take to much from it
    [/quote]
    He has been decent, they also got Colin McCarthy in the 4th who took over for Rudd in early November and he has been even better. But Ayers combine was such a shocker. Ive never seen a guy who was expected to light up the combine, like virtually everyone said he would, perform so horribly.

He hurt himself a ton, he went from a top 10 prospect to a 2nd round pick. I can only assume he didnt train for the combine and that choice cost him a lot of money.

Lets not kid ourselves though, obviously the combine isnt everything. But it matters. I guarantee if Ayers hat to do over again he would have taken the offseason more seriously cause we all know that combine performance wasnt what he is capable of had he trained for it. He was just too athletic on tape for that combine performance.
    [/quote] Well there was actually a few people on here who thought he was perdicted to go higher then where he was ranked I never saw him as high as TOP 10 anywhere but i was thinking somewhere from late teens to end of RD 1
    [/quote]

You had him going to detriot at 13 prior to the combine with an outside chance of him falling to us.

Quite a few had him going in the top 10 prior to the combine.

His stock fell almost an entire round, which is what I predicted would happen after seeing his combine results which were the poorest of any LB at the combine. Everyone knows he could play b/c of his film. But you cannot say it doesnt matter to these guys if they eat a few big macs and it costs them a mil a year because they fell an entire round.

[/quote] I had em going at 13 as my surprise pick to Detroit though Kinda my going out on a limb pick if u will I knew it was a longshot i just thought i'd go out on that limb and i was wrong I certainly knew it very possible he drops down the line if i was wrong on DETROIT It wasen't something i'd of bet on Thats for sure I was in the minority on how early i had him going But as i expected Hes playing pretty darn good football and is looking like hes gonna be a key contributor to that TENN D for yrs to come maybe DET should of listened???lol

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]man Robert Griffin is just one cool dude! He just seems so genuine and thats coming from a guy(me) whos just totally skeptical of athletes and that true persona He really struck me as down to earth and very humble and even keeled He must of mentioned BAYLOR U about 15 times in his speech and his coach Art Briles another handful of times Hes got a Sgt mother and a Sgt father and talks with grace and dignity and i gotta admit I'm just that much more a fan of RG3 then i was yesterday! I really hope he dosen't end up in our nation's capitol LOL I would like to see him end up in Kansas City or Jacksonville(new ownership and possibly HC and cheaper Draft picks means u don't take as big a loss if u cut ties with a top pick quicker now a days) Anyhow I think RG3 is gonna be extremely good player at the next level How funny was it when Chris Fowler was running through his nicknames and said "baby jesus" and Robert got totally embaressed and i believe it was because of his family being in the audience Just a great dude!

[/quote]

Everything Ive read and heard about Griffin is about how great of a guy he is. I havent heard one bad thing about him.That wasnt the case with Cam Newton last year. Luck lost the Heisman against Oregon and Griffin took it with the win against Oklahoma