+ Reply to Thread
Page 259 of 562 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259260261269309359 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,590 of 5613

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

3 Bowl games today with small school guys.

San Diego State

QB-Ryan Lindley- + Arm Developmental QB prospect with accuracy issues

LB-Miles Burris A player I like who has an eye popping 37 TFL over the last 2 seasons

RB-Ronnie Hillman-One of the top RB's in Div1 I believe he will be declaring

Wyoming

Tashaun Gipson- Big corner/FS 6'0 200lbs who played very well against Boise State

Temple

Bernard Pierce-One of the better RB prospects in College Football

Utah State

Robert Turbin-Another underclassman RB who I believe is declaring

Bobby Wagner-Maybe my favorite player playing today. 6'0 232 with long arms that can stack and shed. SOLB prospect that can blitz ,play sideline to sideline and can tackle well

Ohio

WR/KR- Lavon Brazil good KR YAC guy

LA Lafyette-

Ladarius Green TE-Heard alot of good things about his receiving skills but was left unimpressed in the one game against Troy i saw

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

San Diego State

LB-Miles Burris A player I like who has an eye popping 37 TFL over the last 2 seasons

Wyoming

Tashaun Gipson- Big corner/FS 6'0 200lbs who played very well against Boise State

Temple

Utah State

Bobby Wagner-Maybe my favorite player playing today. 6'0 232 with long arms that can stack and shed. SOLB prospect that can blitz ,play sideline to sideline and can tackle well

Ohio

LA Lafyette-

Ladarius Green TE-Heard alot of good things about his receiving skills but was left unimpressed in the one game against Troy i saw

[/quote] U got most of the main players but left a few out that could get Draft Consideration or at least UDF status

Lavon Brazill WR Ohio U- Has 64recept 1042yrd 10td and 5rush 73yrd 1td on the season and is the bigtime threat in the recieving game for Ohio Pretty Speedy and has above avg hands

Adrian Robinson DE Temple- First Team all mac and mac player of the yr in 2009 Team Captain Voted mac 1st team by mac news media assosiation for 2011 Leads owls in sacks with 6 this yr after getting 13 in 2009 and 3 and a half in 2010 Dude is a bit undersized for NFL DE but could be a late round pick for a 3/4 team or UDF for someone

Josh Biezuns DE Wyoming- 2011 ALL-MOUNTAIN WEST FOOTBALL SECOND TEAM (COACHES): DL Josh Biezuns,
    Sr., Wyoming, has been selected All-Mountain West Conference Second Team
    for the 2011 college football season as voted on by the eight head
    coaches and select media panel. Josh Biezuns earned Second Team
    All-Conference honors for the second consecutive season. He led Wyoming
    in tackles for loss, with 9.5, and in forced fumbles, with five. He
    ranked No. 3 in the MW in tackles among defensive linemen this season,
    with 60. Biezuns ranked No. 2 in the league and No. 8 in the nation in
    forced fumbles. He ranked No. 7 in the conference in tackles for loss,
    and ranked No. 9 in sacks, with 5.0.

[quote user="tonyt830"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

Im thinking Bobby Wagner may be my number 1 SOLB target for the Giants. Here is a piece from Alo on Draftbreakdown.

http://draftbreakdown.com/getting-to-know-bobby-wagner

[/quote]

Redeye,

What corners do you like coming out? And who do you think would be a good fit for us?

[/quote] I'll give Redeye a hand on this one because i'm sure hes got a similar list The obvious top guys are Claiborne Kirkpatrick Dennard and Jenkins all though there are 2 guys after that i think are gonna be sensational players and i would not be surprised to see both either in RD 1 or very early RD 2 and if they go later someones getting a steal! Casey Hayward CB Vandy and Chase minnifield CB Virginia Those 2 are the complete package!

heres some guys outside of the TOP 4 and the 2 i mentioned(claiborne kirkpatrick dennard jenkins hayward minnifield)

Stephon Gilmore CB S Carolina
    Jayron Hosley CB Va Tech
    Trumaine Johnson CB/S montana(solid sleeper)
    Brandon Boykin CB Georgia
    Donnie Fletcher CB B College
    Shaun Prater CB Iowa(his teammate micah hyde is a beast but could return)
    Leonard Johnson CB Iowa St( one of my TOP CB SLEEPERS)

Theres about 13 Corners right there with solid potential and i left out a handful of guys who i like as sleepers And i left out Jr's as well
    Donnie Fletcher
    [/quote]Hey nycsportzfan, living in SEC country I have seen a lot of Hayward and Boykin as well. I know Vandy is sometimes the forgotten in the SEC but every once in a while, they have a player or 2 that turns some heads. I like what I have seen from Hayward. I'm only an amateur when it comes to viewing talent. But Hayward was 3rd in the SEC in INTs this year and 2nd in passes defensed. I think I read somewhere that he is 2nd all-time for career INTs at Vandy. He is also pretty good in run support and was voted All-SEC 2nd team. Not bad playing in the same conference as Claiborne and Kirkpatrick. You think he would be a possible 3rd or 4th rd draft pick? If so and he is there, I would love to see the Giants grab him.

But Boykin is another CB that I would not mind seeing in a Giants uni next season. He can return kicks as well as being a solid corner. Maybe a 3rd rounder?

Either way, with Ross and Thomas being FAs and Thomas coming off a 2nd acl surgery on the same knee, I think the Gmen should look at some young talent at CB in the draft. I like Claiborne and Kirkpatrick, but like you said they may be gone by the time the Giants pick in the 1st rd. But who knows, right? There are other needs that should be addressed as well. I would be good with a O-line/LB/RB or CB, with the first 3 picks in the 2012 draft for the Giants.

[/quote] I don't think hayward makes it outta RD 2/ very early 3rd round at latest Hes a exceptional CB who is underrated because he plays at vandy I would have no problem if the Giants took him in RD 2 as we need playmakers and hes one of the best playmakers in the country at the CB positon

I also like Boykin alot and have said that in the past Hes a guy i could see in the late 3rd 4th round and would certainly not mind Giants getting to fill Aaron Ross's spot on the team assuming he leaves in FA'cy

Leonard Johnson is a guy i love as a Sleeper for the CB positon and would not mind us getting him if hes still there in RD 4 and we haven't gone CB yet

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

San Diego State

Wyoming

Temple

Utah State

Ohio

LA Lafyette-

[/quote] U got most of the main players but left a few out that could get Draft Consideration or at least UDF status

Lavon Brazill WR Ohio U- Has 64recept 1042yrd 10td and 5rush 73yrd 1td on the season and is the bigtime threat in the recieving game for Ohio Pretty Speedy and has above avg hands

Adrian Robinson DE Temple- First Team all mac and mac player of the yr in 2009 Team Captain Voted mac 1st team by mac news media assosiation for 2011 Leads owls in sacks with 6 this yr after getting 13 in 2009 and 3 and a half in 2010 Dude is a bit undersized for NFL DE but could be a late round pick for a 3/4 team or UDF for someone

Josh Biezuns DE Wyoming- 2011 ALL-MOUNTAIN WEST FOOTBALL SECOND TEAM (COACHES): DL Josh Biezuns,
    and ranked No. 9 in sacks, with 5.0.[/quote] Adrian Robinson looked great against WY!

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

San Diego State

Wyoming

Tashaun Gipson- Big corner/FS *6'0 200lbs who played very well against Boise State

Temple

Utah State

Ohio

LA Lafyette-

[/quote] U got most of the main players but left a few out that could get Draft Consideration or at least* UDF status

Lavon Brazill WR Ohio U- Has 64recept 1042yrd 10td and 5rush 73yrd 1td on the season*** and is the bigtime threat in the recieving game for Ohio****** Pretty Speedy and has above avg hands****

Adrian Robinson DE Temple- First Team all mac and mac player of the yr in 2009***** Team Captain** Voted* mac 1st team* by mac news media* assosiation for 2011**** Leads owls in sacks with 6 this yr** after getting** 13 in 2009* and 3 and* a half in 2010**** Dude is a bit undersized for NFL DE but could be a late round pick for a 3/4 team or UDF for someone

and ranked No. 9 in sacks, with 5.0.[/quote]* Adrian Robinson looked great against WY!*
    [/quote]That guy is so inconsistent.Sometimes he looks like a Top of the draft player and some times he looks like an UDFA

I did mention Brazil

Also I think the Temple guards both looked good

u[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

San Diego State

Wyoming

Temple

Utah State

Ohio

LA Lafyette-

and ranked No. 9 in sacks, with 5.0.[/quote] Adrian Robinson looked great against WY!
    [/quote]That guy is so inconsistent.Sometimes he looks like a Top of the draft player and some times he looks like an UDFA

I did mention Brazil

Also I think the Temple guards both looked good[/quote] He may be inconsistent but hes certainly worthy of a late round Draft pick with upside I totally could see a team like the Ravens taking him in RD 6 or so He was sensational today!

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]u[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

San Diego State

Wyoming

Temple

Utah State

Ohio

LA Lafyette-

Josh Biezuns DE Wyoming- 2011 ALL-MOUNTAIN WEST FOOTBALL SECOND TEAM (COACHES): DL Josh Biezuns, Sr., Wyoming, has been selected All-Mountain West Conference Second Team for the 2011 college football season as voted on by the eight head coaches and select media panel. Josh Biezuns earned Second Team All-Conference honors for the second consecutive season. He led Wyoming in tackles for loss, with 9.5, and in forced fumbles, with five. He ranked No. 3 in the MW in tackles among defensive linemen this season, with 60. Biezuns ranked No. 2 in the league and No. 8 in the nation in forced fumbles. He ranked No. 7 in the conference in tackles for loss, and ranked No. 9 in sacks, with 5.0.[/quote] Adrian Robinson looked great against WY!
    [/quote]That guy is so inconsistent.Sometimes he looks like a Top of the draft player and some times he looks like an UDFA I did mention Brazil Also I think the Temple guards both looked good[/quote] He may be inconsistent but hes certainly worthy of a late round Draft pick with upside I totally could see a team like the Ravens taking him in RD 6 or so He was sensational today!
    [/quote]

nyc what about TEorson charles from Georgia , what do you think of him n what rd?

wow San Diego St is embaressing ! They make the dumbest mistakes i've seen!!!

[quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]u[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

San Diego State

Wyoming

Temple

Utah State

Ohio

LA Lafyette-

Josh Biezuns DE Wyoming- 2011 ALL-MOUNTAIN WEST FOOTBALL SECOND TEAM (COACHES): DL Josh Biezuns, Sr., Wyoming, has been selected All-Mountain West Conference Second Team for the 2011 college football season as voted on by the eight head coaches and select media panel. Josh Biezuns earned Second Team All-Conference honors for the second consecutive season. He led Wyoming in tackles for loss, with 9.5, and in forced fumbles, with five. He ranked No. 3 in the MW in tackles among defensive linemen this season, with 60. Biezuns ranked No. 2 in the league and No. 8 in the nation in forced fumbles. He ranked No. 7 in the conference in tackles for loss, and ranked No. 9 in sacks, with 5.0.[/quote] Adrian Robinson looked great against WY!
    [/quote]That guy is so inconsistent.Sometimes he looks like a Top of the draft player and some times he looks like an UDFA I did mention Brazil Also I think the Temple guards both looked good[/quote] He may be inconsistent but hes certainly worthy of a late round Draft pick with upside I totally could see a team like the Ravens taking him in RD 6 or so He was sensational today!
    [/quote]

nyc what about TEorson charles from Georgia , what do you think of him n what rd?

[/quote]Charles is an outstanding receiver.He is the best pure receiver in the draft at the TE spot.Part of the reason he is such a good receiver is because he is basically a WR. 6'3" 230 is real small for a TE. i just dont see the giants drafting a guy like him.He has 2nd round talent though

not sure if u saw this but i put this up not 2 long ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TqsdLRzk2g

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]u[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

San Diego State

Wyoming

Temple

Utah State

Ohio

LA Lafyette-

[/quote]

[/quote]Charles is an outstanding receiver.He is the best pure receiver in the draft at the TE spot.Part of the reason he is such a good receiver is because he is basically a WR. 6'3" 230 is real small for a TE. i just dont see the giants drafting a guy like him.He has 2nd round talent though

not sure if u saw this but i put this up not 2 long ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TqsdLRzk2g

[/quote]

Yeah I agree needs about 2-3 more inches and about 20 more lbs for a prototypical TE in the NFL...would u take him in the 3rd if he was still there??