+ Reply to Thread
Page 261 of 562 FirstFirst ... 161211251259260261262263271311361 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,610 of 5613

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

[quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="Kase-1"]I finally started to get a little interested in the draft (I usually wait until we're out of the playoffs, but its a slow week)

What do you guys think about Vontaze Burfict MLB from ASU?? The guy looks like he has an ever-running motor and there were a few plays where he straight up blew up the OL. And the guy seems to be the MIKE in a 4-3 D so that would be a nice and seamless transition for us
    [/quote]The guy is a beast, an animal, top 10 talent for sure but has got some serious on-field character issues. Would have been playing for USC if not for academics. I can see him drafted as high as in the top 10 or as low as the 2nd round. All it takes is one team to fall in love w/ him.
    [/quote]So he's like Jimmy Smith from last year, cept Smith had the 'off-field' issues and Burfict has 'on-field' issues???

What kind of issues are we talking?? Complaining to the ref, unnecessary flags, mis-communication, stomping on people while theyre on the ground??
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Veteran

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="Kase-1"]I finally started to get a little interested in the draft (I usually wait until we're out of the playoffs, but its a slow week)

What do you guys think about Vontaze Burfict MLB from ASU?? The guy looks like he has an ever-running motor and there were a few plays where he straight up blew up the OL. And the guy seems to be the MIKE in a 4-3 D so that would be a nice and seamless transition for us
    [/quote]The guy is a beast, an animal, top 10 talent for sure but has got some serious on-field character issues. Would have been playing for USC if not for academics. I can see him drafted as high as in the top 10 or as low as the 2nd round. All it takes is one team to fall in love w/ him.
    [/quote]So he's like Jimmy Smith from last year, cept Smith had the 'off-field' issues and Burfict has 'on-field' issues???

What kind of issues are we talking?? Complaining to the ref, unnecessary flags, mis-communication, stomping on people while theyre on the ground??
    [/quote]

...He's head butted a ref when he didn't like the call. Go watch some of Redeye's tape of him in the Film Room topic. Like I said before. He has potential, but he has zero discipline, and not nearly as much football IQ as one would expect from such a highly touted prospect. He can't seem to figure out how to play hard within the rules.

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]Heres this weeks mock after another dispicable letdown game by a team that clearly needs to think about a new coaching staff and letting some of these Vets go or trade that have been here for along time and just are not getting it done I'm going heavy on the Defensive End in this mock!

1 Whitney mercilus DE Illinois- This guys gonna probably rise bigtime by Draftday but if were picking 18th and hes there We gotta get him! We need a legit pass rusher who can consistently get to the QB opposite JPP Whitney and JPP would be a dynamic pass rush DUO!

2 Travis Lewis OLB Oklahoma- Obviously a young talented LB needs to be added and i remember just last yr Lewis being a 1st round talked about LB and i'm not letting a injury plaqued yr get in the way of my thought process This guys very good and has a nice all around skill set and is great value midway through the 2nd

3 Cliff Harris CB Oregon- Obviously we need speed in the secondary and a guy who can make plays on teh ball and as much upside as possible Harris is a unique talent who also can be involved in Returns and the upside is to high to pass up in the 3rd round I'd take harris and hope hes learned from his offfield mistakes If he has u may get yourself one heck of a corner!

4 Aaron Henry S Wisconsin- I really like Aaron Henry and could see him as a starter in the NFL He comes from a Winning Program and has produced! Solid size and speed and is not a weakness against the pass or run Henry at worst adds depth to a Secondary that needs to play better

5 mike ryan OT Uconn- A big strong tackle that would be solid value in RD 5 and can really help the Run game Hes the kinda prospect that could end up being a starter in a few yrs or a pinch

6 Bobby Rainey RB W Kentucky- A nice late Round RB prospect whos been a workhorser the small school hilltoppers He ranked 2nd nationally in per game rushing yards and is solidly fast Hes worth a shot this late in the Draft and all the top RB's off the board

7 Derek moye WR Penn St- One of the better WR's in the country who was plaqued by horrible QB play which will certainly drop him down to the last rounds or undrafted weather its his fault or not This is a guy who could easily find a niche in the NFL because of great hands size and smarts Hes really probably better then alot of more talked about WR's to be honest
    [/quote]
    speed, dirty, nasty speed
    1. Chase Minnefield CB Virginia while i would love whitney i think we have to get faster at the DB position. Not sure how spags got them to playh man so well but ever since he left it hasnt worked as well. Throw in coe,ross,TT, and bruce are all FA's and all but ross are coming off injury and imo DB makes a ton of sense. (ALT. Cordy Glenn OG Ala)

2.Tyler Eifert TE ND-we havent had a true playmaking TE since shockey. I think its time for another. While i love jake he is a little inconsistent at times and it could never hurt to have ler waiting in the wings. (ALT. Kelechi Osemele OG Iowa state)

3.Kevin Zeitler OG Wisc- gotta get this oline in order, its a joke. I trully think petrus future is at center (hopefully). (ALT. sean spence OLB U)

4.Andre Branch DE Clem- not sure why cbs sports has him rated this low but if we could get him here WOW what a steal. since i know there is no way he'll be here we'll go with my alt as the more "realistic: pick. (alt. TY Hilton WR FIU)

5.Tank Carder OLB TCU- we have a lot of potential at lb'r but idk if herz will ever return to form (although we are ALL pulling for him) and even though jones lost his job doesnt mean he is done. having said that i dont think it would hurt to add this guy to our corps

6.Asa Jackson CB Cal Poly- i love the rainey pick but id rather have more speed at the DB position. Of course depending on how our dbs recover and how many resign can change this pick but this much speed this late in the draft...take a shot.

7.Corey Moseley FS Virginia- little undersized height wise but has speed and lets face it a DB that is harder to see is a plus not a minus. oh and he is fast

Veteran

Matt Barkley decided to return to USC next year...

[quote user="Raptor22"]Matt Barkley decided to return to USC next year...[/quote]Smart move if you ask me. He'll be the talk of CFB next year. Probably win Heisman, take USC to a major bowl game, break every USC passing record, and most importantly have a great shot a being the #1 overall pick.

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="Kase-1"]I finally started to get a little interested in the draft (I usually wait until we're out of the playoffs, but its a slow week)

[/quote]Something like that. Look what happened w/ Jimmy Smith. He was a top 10 talent and fell to the back end of round 1. If Burfict is there for the Giants in round 2, you gotta take him, but I wouldn't take him in the 1st round.

[quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="Kase-1"]I finally started to get a little interested in the draft (I usually wait until we're out of the playoffs, but its a slow week)

What do you guys think about Vontaze Burfict MLB from ASU?? The guy looks like he has an ever-running motor and there were a few plays where he straight up blew up the OL.* And the guy seems to be the MIKE in a 4-3 D so that would be a nice and seamless transition for us

[/quote]Something like that. Look what happened w/ Jimmy Smith. He was a top 10 talent and fell to the back end of round 1. If Burfict is there for the Giants in round 2, you gotta take him, but I wouldn't take him in the 1st round.
    [/quote]Im more worried about how bad his instincts are.He freelances leaving his responsibility allowing teams to gauge them for big plays.

[quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Heres this weeks mock after another dispicable letdown game by a team that clearly needs to think about a new coaching staff and letting some of these Vets go or trade that have been here for along time and just are not getting it done**** I'm going heavy on the Defensive End in this mock!

1* Whitney mercilus DE Illinois- This guys gonna probably rise bigtime by Draftday but if were picking 18th and hes there** We gotta get him!* We need a legit pass rusher who can consistently get to the QB opposite JPP*** Whitney and JPP would be a dynamic pass rush DUO!

2 Travis Lewis OLB Oklahoma-* Obviously a young talented LB needs to be added and i remember just last yr** Lewis being a 1st round talked about LB and i'm not letting a injury plaqued yr get in the way of my thought process*** This guys very good and has a nice all around skill set and is great value midway through the 2nd

3 Cliff Harris CB Oregon-* Obviously we need speed in the secondary and a guy who can make plays on teh ball and as much upside as possible**** Harris is a unique talent who also can be involved in Returns and the upside is to high to pass up in the 3rd round*** I'd take harris and hope hes learned from his offfield mistakes*** If he has* u may get yourself one heck of a corner!

4 Aaron Henry S Wisconsin- I really like Aaron Henry and could see him as a starter in the NFL** He comes from a Winning Program and has produced!** Solid size and speed and is not a weakness against the pass or run** Henry at worst adds depth to a Secondary that needs to play better

5 mike ryan OT Uconn-* A* big strong tackle that would be solid value in RD 5 and can really help the Run game*** Hes the kinda prospect that could end up being a starter in a few yrs or a pinch

6 Bobby Rainey RB W Kentucky-* A nice late Round RB prospect whos been a workhorser the small school hilltoppers*** He ranked 2nd nationally in per game rushing yards and is solidly fast*** Hes worth a shot this late in the Draft and all the top RB's off the board

7* Derek moye WR Penn St- One of the better WR's in the country who was plaqued by horrible QB play which will certainly drop him down to the last rounds or undrafted weather its his fault or not*** This is a guy who could easily find a niche in the NFL because of great hands** size and smarts* Hes really probably better then alot of more talked about WR's to be honest
    [/quote]
    speed, dirty, nasty speed
    1. Chase Minnefield CB Virginia while i would love whitney i think we have to get faster at the DB position. Not sure how spags got them to playh man so well but ever since he left it hasnt worked as well. Throw in coe,ross,TT, and bruce are all FA's and all but ross are coming off injury and imo DB makes a ton of sense. (ALT. Cordy Glenn OG Ala)

2.Tyler Eifert TE ND-we havent had a true playmaking TE since shockey. I think its time for another. While i love jake he is a little inconsistent at times and it could never hurt to have ler waiting in the wings. (ALT. Kelechi Osemele OG Iowa state)

3.Kevin Zeitler OG* Wisc- gotta get this oline in order, its a joke. I trully think petrus future is at center (hopefully). (ALT. sean spence OLB U)

4.Andre Branch DE Clem- not sure why cbs sports has him rated this low but if we could get him here WOW what a steal. since i know there is no way he'll be here we'll go with my alt as the more "realistic: pick. (alt. TY Hilton WR FIU)

5.Tank Carder OLB TCU- we have a lot of potential at lb'r but idk if herz will ever return to form (although we are ALL pulling for him) and even though jones lost his job doesnt mean he is done. having said that i dont think it would hurt to add this guy to our corps

6.Asa Jackson CB Cal Poly- i love the rainey pick but id rather have more speed at the DB position. Of course depending on how our dbs recover and how many resign can change this pick but this much speed this late in the draft...take a shot.

7.Corey Moseley FS Virginia- little undersized height wise but has speed and lets face it a DB that is harder to see is a plus not a minus. oh and he is fast
    [/quote]1. Quinton Coples DE N.C. For some reason I see him falling an if he does he is a no brainer for Reese. Osi will most likely be gone, Tuck is to injury prone, and Tollefson is...well...Tollefson. Coples brings many of the some things that Tuck bring to the table like ability to play the run, and slide and be dominant from the inside as a DT.

2Peter Konz C WisconsinBaas isn't cutting it and I like what Petrus has shown in the couple games he has played and I think he will be the starter next season. Konz is a road grader at Center and has the athletic ability to snap and pull from the center spot and become a lead blocker. he has great size and comes from a school that provides premium O-lineman.

3. Xavier Rhodes CB FSU Has exceptional size for a CB at 6"2, is a sound tackler and provides good run support. also possesses exceptional agility and flexibility for a guy his size. been shutting down the opposing teams best WR all year.

4.A.J. Jenkins WR Illinois shifty wide out that would excel in the slot. runs good routes ad has enough wiggle to make defenders miss.

5. Nick Provo TE SyracuseBig Tight end with great hands and has the ability to improve as a blocker.

6. Tauren Poole RB Tennessee Has nice mixture of wiggle and power. also a nice receiver out of the backfield.

7. Toss up.

Had to Boise lose to TCU?They are just dominating a Pac12 Team like there nothing

Theres a Sack for Shea Mcclenin , thats 2 TFL already