+ Reply to Thread
Page 273 of 562 FirstFirst ... 173223263271272273274275283323373 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,730 of 5613

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Anyone see that amazing TD run by RG3? WOW! That dude is gonna be good! I can't wait to watch Cam Newton VS RG3 in the pros!

Waiting for Chris Polk to get going in this one So far hes been quiet I wonder what rd Terrrance Ganaway is gonna go in? Noticed some got him moving up to RD 3-4 ish Hes a big bruiser! Probably be a nice replacement for Brandon Jacobs assuming BJ is gone after this season
    [/quote]

I dunno if there is an offensive player in college football over the last few years that I would rather watch than RG3.
    [/quote]unfortunately i feel like your gonna get to see him twice a year when he becomes a redskin. unless the browns pull the plug on colt every other team took a QB early last year. sucks, but unless a team moves up he is gonna be a redskin

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Anyone see that amazing TD run by RG3? WOW! That dude is gonna be good! I can't wait to watch Cam Newton VS RG3 in the pros!

Waiting for Chris Polk to get going in this one So far hes been quiet I wonder what rd Terrrance Ganaway is gonna go in? Noticed some got him moving up to RD 3-4 ish Hes a big bruiser! Probably be a nice replacement for Brandon Jacobs assuming BJ is gone after this season
    [/quote]

I dunno if there is an offensive player in college football over the last few years that I would rather watch than RG3.
    [/quote] very true Dudes explosive Chris Polk and Ganaway both put there imprints on the game I've been talking about Polk since Sept but Ganaway has slowley climbed my personal rankings as well Polks number 2 in my rankings and will stay there after last night Hes the complete package Strength Catching Ability Enough Speed Size Somewhat Shifty etc etc Hes really good!
    [/quote]Gannaway is a middle round back but this game his stats are completely inflated. He was running through 7 feet holes and no one could tackle.Most pathetic display of defense Ive seen from a DIv 1 Football game this year[/quote] Ya I've seen Ganaway as high as RD 3 in a few mocks and i'm thinkin more of a RD 4 Back myself Your right the Defense was bad last night but it is what it is and Polk and Ganaway have been doing it all yr so you gotta give them some credit

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Anyone see that amazing TD run by RG3? WOW! That dude is gonna be good! I can't wait to watch Cam Newton VS RG3 in the pros!

[/quote]

[/quote] very true Dudes explosive Chris Polk and Ganaway both put there imprints on the game I've been talking about Polk since Sept but Ganaway has slowley climbed my personal rankings as well Polks number 2 in my rankings and will stay there after last night Hes the complete package Strength Catching Ability Enough Speed Size Somewhat Shifty etc etc Hes really good!
    [/quote]Gannaway is a middle round back but this game his stats are completely inflated. He was running through 7 feet holes and no one could tackle.Most pathetic display of defense Ive seen from a DIv 1 Football game this year[/quote] Ya I've seen Ganaway as high as RD 3 in a few mocks and i'm thinkin more of a RD 4 Back myself Your right the Defense was bad last night but it is what it is and Polk and Ganaway have been doing it all yr so you gotta give them some credit
    [/quote]

I had fun watching those fun offensive weapons.

But to be honest, I got much more enjoyment from the FSU v ND game where the defense was the highlights.

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Anyone see that amazing TD run by RG3? WOW! That dude is gonna be good! I can't wait to watch Cam Newton VS RG3 in the pros!

[/quote]

[/quote]

But to be honest, I got much more enjoyment from the FSU v ND game where the defense was the highlights.
    [/quote] Ya I actually usually get peeved about games that bad Defensively But when u consider that Baylor has been doing that offensively all yr and Washington has had spurts where they've looked good offensively I have trouble taking anything away from there offenses If that was Rutgers VS Penn St then i might have a problem with it lol

I
    mean u got Kendall Wright and Robert Griffin and Jermaine Kearse and Chris Polk and senio kelemete and Ganaway and Phillip Blake who will all be playing on sundays and thats just off the top of my head! Not to mention WASH has a outstanding fresh TE(i forget his name)

Another WR to look for Next yr if he comes out is BYU's Cody Hoffman Dude is nasty!

I never did my weekly mock after the JET WIN Here we go! Picking 23rd is what i got us

1 Devon Still DT Penn St- Dudes a beast with a non stop
    motor and great size With Canty getting older and Austin being outta football for 2yrs by the time next season rolls around i think its a good idea taking Still here for his Upside and for the fact we need one more reliable big upside DT for the rotation going forward Still has 17TFL and 4 and a Half Sacks so far

2 Travis Lewis LB Oklaho
    ma- I love Lewis! I think hes gonna be a huge steal if he goes this late in the 2nd round Hes a ALL AROUND LB who makes plays against the run and in the pass game I see a pro bowl in his future

3 Julian
    miller DE W Virginia- Another player i love! Julian reminds me of a young Justin Tuck for his size and Versatility as he lines up inside at DT for the WV club as well JPP and Julian would be a fearsome DUO at End going forward Julian has 11 TFL and 6sacks to go along with 2 FF so far this yr

4 Willia
    m Vlachos C Alabama- A nasty mauling C whos been blocking for 2 rugged smash mouth runners in his time at Bama(ingram and richardson) and we could use a upgrade at C and possible long term answer

5 Tashaun Gipson CB Wyo
    ming- A nice Depth CB who really helps in Run support and has solid size/speed combonation

6 Bobby Rainey RB W Kentucky- This kid flat out was W Kent's offense and a bruising workhorse ! A nice kid to take a chance on in RD 6 At worst could be a nice change of pace back and at best u strike lighting in a bottle again(bradshaw being other)

7 Evan Rodriguez TE Te
    mple- Good hands and Solid size Blocked for a great RB DUO at temple while also being one of there bigger threats through the Air albeit they don't air it out at temple Evan has a chance

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]*I never did my weekly mock after the JET WIN*** Here we go!* Picking 23rd is what i got us

1** Devon Still DT Penn St-** Dudes a beast with a non stop
    motor and great size***** With Canty getting older and Austin being outta football for 2yrs by the time next season rolls around** i think its a good idea taking Still here for his Upside and for the fact we need one more reliable big upside DT for the rotation going forward*** Still has 17TFL and 4 and a Half Sacks so far

2 Travis Lewis LB Oklaho
    ma-* I love Lewis! I think hes gonna be a huge steal if he goes this late in the 2nd round*** Hes a ALL AROUND LB who makes plays against the run and in the pass game* I see a pro bowl in his future

3 Julian
    miller DE W Virginia-* Another player i love!* Julian reminds me of a young Justin Tuck for his size and Versatility as he lines up inside at DT for the WV club as well*** JPP and Julian would be a fearsome DUO at End going forward** Julian has* 11 TFL and 6sacks to go along with 2 FF so far this yr

4 Willia
    m Vlachos C Alabama-** A nasty mauling C whos been blocking for 2 rugged smash mouth runners in his time at Bama(ingram and richardson)** and we could use a upgrade at C and possible long term answer

5 Tashaun Gipson CB Wyo
    ming-* A nice Depth CB who really helps in Run support and has solid size/speed combonation

6 Bobby Rainey RB W Kentucky-* This kid flat out was W Kent's offense and a bruising workhorse !* A nice kid to take a chance on in RD 6* At worst could be a nice change of pace back and at best u strike lighting in a bottle again(bradshaw being other)

7 Evan Rodriguez TE Te
    mple-* Good hands and Solid size**** Blocked for a great RB DUO at temple while also being one of there bigger threats through the Air*** albeit they don't air it out at temple**** Evan has a chance
    [/quote]Evan Rodriugez is a good player been meaning to do the Maryland game its still on my hard drive

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]I never did my weekly mock after the JET WIN Here we go! Picking 23rd is what i got us

motor and great size With Canty getting older and Austin being outta football for 2yrs by the time next season rolls around i think its a good idea taking Still here for his Upside and for the fact we need one more reliable big upside DT for the rotation going forward Still has 17TFL and 4 and a Half Sacks so far

2 Travis Lewis LB Oklaho
    ma- I love Lewis! I think hes gonna be a huge steal if he goes this late in the 2nd round Hes a ALL AROUND LB who makes plays against the run and in the pass game I see a pro bowl in his future

3 Julian
    miller DE W Virginia- Another player i love! Julian reminds me of a young Justin Tuck for his size and Versatility as he lines up inside at DT for the WV club as well JPP and Julian would be a fearsome DUO at End going forward Julian has 11 TFL and 6sacks to go along with 2 FF so far this yr

4 Willia
    m Vlachos C Alabama- A nasty mauling C whos been blocking for 2 rugged smash mouth runners in his time at Bama(ingram and richardson) and we could use a upgrade at C and possible long term answer

5 Tashaun Gipson CB Wyo
    ming- A nice Depth CB who really helps in Run support and has solid size/speed combonation

6 Bobby Rainey RB W Kentucky- This kid flat out was W Kent's offense and a bruising workhorse ! A nice kid to take a chance on in RD 6 At worst could be a nice change of pace back and at best u strike lighting in a bottle again(bradshaw being other)

7 Evan Rodriguez TE Te
    mple- Good hands and Solid size Blocked for a great RB DUO at temple while also being one of there bigger threats through the Air albeit they don't air it out at temple Evan has a chance
    [/quote]Evan Rodriugez is a good player been meaning to do the Maryland game its still on my hard drive[/quote] ya he really is decent Definetly a guy i could see carving out a niche in the NFL We could use a TE to go with Ballard next yr If it worked out I'd love to get Dwayne Allen but if it don't shake out like that I certainly would have no prob adding a Rodriguez or Nick Provo late

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Anyone see that amazing TD run by RG3? WOW! That dude is gonna be good! I can't wait to watch Cam Newton VS RG3 in the pros!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote] Ya I actually usually get peeved about games that bad Defensively But when u consider that Baylor has been doing that offensively all yr and Washington has had spurts where they've looked good offensively I have trouble taking anything away from there offenses If that was Rutgers VS Penn St then i might have a problem with it lol

I
    mean u got Kendall Wright and Robert Griffin and Jermaine Kearse and Chris Polk and senio kelemete and Ganaway and Phillip Blake who will all be playing on sundays and thats just off the top of my head! Not to mention WASH has a outstanding fresh TE(i forget his name)[/quote]

Yep yep

I am not saying anything negative about those guys. I hope it doesnt come across like that.

But, I would like to have seen SOMEONE make a defensive play. Conversely, FSU v ND game was all defense, but some guys on both sides made occasional offensive plays. Tyler Eifert looked very good in a game where defense won the day. A couple FSU recievers made some nice plays as well.

Maybe its just me, but I have a hard time watching a game where defense doesnt matter even if it is because the offensive weapons are that incredible.

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]I never did my weekly mock after the JET WIN Here we go! Picking 23rd is what i got us

2 Travis Lewis LB Oklaho

3 Julian

4 Willia

5 Tashaun Gipson CB Wyo

7 Evan Rodriguez TE Te
    [/quote]

Heh I love Still, but he seems to me to be gone before we pick? He would be a perfect fit for us because I dont know if anyone gets more up-the-middle push than he does. I would feel bad for poor QBs who had to step up into the pocket because of Tuck, JPP, Osi only to find Still in your face. The big difference between the now Giants and the 2007 Giants is we dont have that Fred Robbins pocket crumbler. Still will blow up any pocket.

I know we have talked about Lewis. I would love him here. Giants like versatility in LBs. OKlahoma demands the same from its LBs. He is a good player.

All the other picks are good, though I am not in love with some of them as you are. But I wouldnt mind em either. I still think we need to take the TE position more seriously than a 7th rounder. At the very least, we need depth.