+ Reply to Thread
Page 284 of 562 FirstFirst ... 184234274282283284285286294334384 ... LastLast
Results 2,831 to 2,840 of 5613
    All-Pro

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

Wow! Austin is playing on another level.

[quote user="BlueSanta"]Clemson should fire their DC. last year and this year they had guys who were going into the draft hghly rated and yet still, they are routinely terrible on defense.

I have always thought Branch is a bit overrated. I dont think he is bad, I just think his numbers were inflated by the fact that Clemson scores so many points he got a lot of opportunity to passrush. I also see him as being a bit too right arm dependant which hurts his versatility as a pro. He has good qualities too, I just think he is a bit overrated.

NYC, I know your a fan of his. But I am not so convinced.
    [/quote] I like Branch alot and at least hes got the big plays under his belt His bum teammate Brandon Thompson is the guy who is just utterly useless They always say "oh his talent dosen't show up in box scores" LOL Ya well watching guys run up the gut at will against him does show up in the boxscore!!lol Branch is solid in my opinion with a bigtime motor(unless there being shalacked by 40 LOL) and he makes plays Its not easy being the only play maker on a crappy defense Its like the Giants under bill sheridan when everyone was saying "oh goff hasen't done much since pierces injury" and i would reply "what do u guys think hes gonna have great games when the rest of the defense is just crap?" Its just not easy to be awesome on a horrible defense because u can pick apart so many other parts of that defense at will At least Branch makes plays on his crappy defense( 73tackles 16TFL 10.5sacks)

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]Brandon Thompson is the most overrated prospect in the country!* Seriously how u could touch this guy before rd 4 is beyond me!* I'd rather have Jaye Howard of Florida**** Thompson never does anything good
    [/quote]Yeah and just think, there was a mock or 2 that had the Giants taking Thompson in the 1st rd a couple weeks back.

Now Branch, I would be ok with in the 3rd or 4th rd. But like other posters on here, I've grown to like that Vinny Curry from Marshall.

I'm glad I did not watch that entire game last night, I'm not a big W Virginia fan and it sounds like it was a laugher from halftime on.
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

[quote user="poppa smurph"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]Andrew Luck having a masterful game tonight.Same with Justin Blackmon.All day today the big time players showed up.
    U know Stepfan taylor will be interesting to watch next year he has always been super productive but he gets dismissed because of Luck and the line.The guy gets a 100 yards every game[/quote]Taylor was impressive last night, also stanfords TE's, how do they stack up with the rest of the nation's? Be nice to find a diamond in the rough.[/quote]There arent a lot of good Receiver blocker Te's in this class. There are more joker TE's. Orson Charles Georgia is the best Joker TE in the class.Guy is an outstanding receiver. He is like a WR but he is built like one as well.He isnt an in line blocker at all.Could be the guy everyone fawns over because he will put up receiving numbers in the NFL.
    Coby Fleener is a joker TE but he has the frame and size to be an in line blocker.The problem is he didnt block much in a run first offense so maybe the will to be that player isnt there. Ladarius Green of Louisana Lafayette is in the mold of Orson Charles.Great receiver with athletic ability to expose the seam.Great frame on him at 6'6" and long arms.Only weighs 236 though needs a lot of weight on him if your going to put him next to a Tackle.Lots of potential there though. Dave Paulson of Oregon is a guy i like that doesnt get much pub.Smaller guy he is quite effective as a blocker.Doesnt have the receiving numbers because of Oregon's offense.Solid number 2 TE though.Dwayne Allen the best TE in the class.Better receiver then blocker but still miles ahead of the primarily joker TE's in this class. True number 1 TE. Tyler Eifert would be the 2nd best TE in the class if he comes out. Has everything u look for in a TE.Good be the best overall TE in the class in a year or 2.

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="BlueSanta"]Clemson should fire their DC. last year and this year they had guys who were going into the draft hghly rated and yet still, they are routinely terrible on defense.

I have always thought Branch is a bit overrated. I dont think he is bad, I just think his numbers were inflated by the fact that Clemson scores so many points he got a lot of opportunity to passrush. I also see him as being a bit too right arm dependant which hurts his versatility as a pro. He has good qualities too, I just think he is a bit overrated.

NYC, I know your a fan of his. But I am not so convinced.
    [/quote] I like Branch alot and at least hes got the big plays under his belt His bum teammate Brandon Thompson is the guy who is just utterly useless They always say "oh his talent dosen't show up in box scores" LOL Ya well watching guys run up the gut at will against him does show up in the boxscore!!lol Branch is solid in my opinion with a bigtime motor(unless there being shalacked by 40 LOL) and he makes plays Its not easy being the only play maker on a crappy defense Its like the Giants under bill sheridan when everyone was saying "oh goff hasen't done much since pierces injury" and i would reply "what do u guys think hes gonna have great games when the rest of the defense is just crap?" Its just not easy to be awesome on a horrible defense because u can pick apart so many other parts of that defense at will At least Branch makes plays on his crappy defense( 73tackles 16TFL 10.5sacks)
    [/quote]

Ya, im not saying he is complete garbage, he does do some things well. He deserves to be drafted for sure. I just think he is a bit overrated as a NFL prospect.

I cant get over his right hand dominance. Its SO prevalent in my eye. Its not a bad thing as a right DE cause it helps him keep outside gap control. But, it will hurt his ability to develope good technique on next level passrush moves.

Im still in shock from how disgraceful of a game Clemson played last night

So I just heard Florida State defensive end Brandon Jenkins is returning for his senior year. Great news for FSU fans.

[quote user="heavyhitter"]So I just heard Florida State defensive end Brandon Jenkins is returning for his senior year. Great news for FSU fans!
    [/quote]FSU Defensive End Brandon Jenkins Decides Not To Enter NFL Draft

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]* Andre Ellington just destroyed* Clemson with that fumble at the 1!* Just killed em![/quote]Soon as he fumbled that they quit

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"] Andre Ellington just destroyed Clemson with that fumble at the 1! Just killed em![/quote]Soon as he fumbled that they quit[/quote]Is anyone else hearing that TE Dwayne Allen talked about how he was getting paid at Clemson in the post game interview? He may be the best TE in this class, but what a dumb *** for publicly saying this if true.