+ Reply to Thread
Page 299 of 562 FirstFirst ... 199249289297298299300301309349399 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 2,990 of 5613

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]WesBunting Wesley Bunting
    Biggest winners from the #shrinegame so far this week are...#USC DT DaJohn Harris, explosive, powerful when plays low tough block

Watched this guy in September and knew he was going to be loved by Scouts. Guys that big 6'4 310 and collapse the pocket are in high demand. His numbers arent mind blowing but he is disruptive in ways that dont always show up on the stat sheet. When U pressure QB's up the middle force bad throws and cause sacks for his teammates[/quote]* Ya i don't know much about em* but certainly have noticed him on some prospect rankings around the web..**
    [/quote]Im starting to think we should take a Dlineman no matter what. Im starting to get a feeling Austin is going to bust.

Veteran

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]WesBunting Wesley Bunting
    Biggest winners from the #shrinegame so far this week are...#USC DT DaJohn Harris, explosive, powerful when plays low tough block

Watched this guy in September and knew he was going to be loved by Scouts. Guys that big 6'4 310 and collapse the pocket are in high demand. His numbers arent mind blowing but he is disruptive in ways that dont always show up on the stat sheet. When U pressure QB's up the middle force bad throws and cause sacks for his teammates[/quote] Ya i don't know much about em but certainly have noticed him on some prospect rankings around the web..
    [/quote]Im starting to think we should take a Dlineman no matter what. Im starting to get a feeling Austin is going to bust.[/quote]

He hasn't even played a snap yet.. I mean he just very well might. lets at least see the kid in action before though

Veteran

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]WesBunting Wesley Bunting

Watched this guy in September and knew he was going to be loved by Scouts. Guys that big 6'4 310 and collapse the pocket are in high demand. His numbers arent mind blowing but he is disruptive in ways that dont always show up on the stat sheet. When U pressure QB's up the middle force bad throws and cause sacks for his teammates[/quote] Ya i don't know much about em but certainly have noticed him on some prospect rankings around the web..
    [/quote]Im starting to think we should take a Dlineman no matter what. Im starting to get a feeling Austin is going to bust.[/quote]

I don't get that vibe from him. Given how he worked on his own getting ready for the draft, you KNOW he's got work ethic, and he's in the perfect situation to nurture his talents. He's got veteran leaders to give him guidance in Tuck and Canty, and an existing friend on the team in Nicks. (read his tweets from the GB game, he was freakin' excited).

He's also got a huge chip on his shoulder after the mess at UNC.

I think people are going to be surprised by Austin next preseason, especially since he's become a bit of an afterthought.

He won't be as good as if it was his sophomore season, but I want to see him play before being anything other than cautiously optimistic.

Also, it was a pec, not his legs. He's going to have all of his explosiveness and fluidity

[quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]WesBunting Wesley Bunting

He hasn't even played a snap yet.. I mean he just very well might. lets at least see the kid in action before though
    [/quote] Redeye's thinking is the guys gonna constantly have something going on and standing in his way ala injury or suspension etc.. Then u add in the fact hes missing seasons where hes supposed to get seasoned and hes not..

I can see where Redeye would worry albeit its just a hunch he has not a gurantee or anything..

Veteran

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]WesBunting Wesley Bunting

Watched this guy in September and knew he was going to be loved by Scouts. Guys that big 6'4 310 and collapse the pocket are in high demand. His numbers arent mind blowing but he is disruptive in ways that dont always show up on the stat sheet. When U pressure QB's up the middle force bad throws and cause sacks for his teammates[/quote]* Ya i don't know much about em* but certainly have noticed him on some prospect rankings around the web..**

[/quote]* Redeye's thinking is the guys gonna constantly have something going on** and standing in his way* ala** injury or suspension* etc..** Then u add in the fact hes missing seasons where hes supposed to get seasoned and hes not..*

I can see where Redeye would worry* albeit its just a hunch he has** not a gurantee or anything..
    [/quote]

I said it at the start of the season when we first started getting hammered by injuries: Adversity is the forge of greatness. The best never had it easy. If Austin can overcome this he can be a good one.

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]WesBunting Wesley Bunting

[/quote]* Redeye's thinking is the guys gonna constantly have something going on** and standing in his way* ala** injury or suspension* etc..** Then u add in the fact hes missing seasons where hes supposed to get seasoned and hes not..*

I can see where Redeye would worry* albeit its just a hunch he has** not a gurantee or anything..
    [/quote] Thanks yeah thats part of it I liked Austin pre draft. Im not saying for sure or anything but im just getting a bad vibe

Im worried because im not sure he has the work ethic to overcome 2 seasons of rust

Bunch of guys pulling out of the Senior Bowl just saw on Twitter
    Kendall Wright
    Devon Still
    Levy Ad****
    Brandon Mosley
    Mychael Kendricks

Veteran

Okay, this is slightly off-topic, but Jaquain Williams means JR > than Mel Kiper is, was, or ever will be.

I know Sportzfan and I (and Redeye too, I believe) were saying it shortly after he was drafted, but J-WILL = FUTURE STUD, and the future is closer than you think.

[quote user="Raptor22"]Okay, this is slightly off-topic, but Jaquain Williams means JR > than Mel Kiper is, was, or ever will be.

I know Sportzfan and I (and Redeye too, I believe) were saying it shortly after he was drafted, but J-WILL = FUTURE STUD, and the future is closer than you think.
    [/quote]Once I started watching game tape of him got a little upset that i missed him. May be the lack of Big East Football i watch.Same thing this year. Cinci,WV,Rutgers Ive watched a good amount besides that not much. Actually read that Nebraska really wanted Jacquain Williams but he wanted to go with JPP

Veteran

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Raptor22"]Okay, this is slightly off-topic, but Jaquain Williams means JR > than Mel Kiper is, was, or ever will be.

[/quote]Once I started watching game tape of him got a little upset that i missed him. May be the lack of Big East Football i watch.Same thing this year. Cinci,WV,Rutgers Ive watched a good amount besides that not much. Actually read that Nebraska really wanted Jacquain Williams but he wanted to go with JPP[/quote]

...and Damn good thing he did. Now he's going with JPP to the Superbowl!