+ Reply to Thread
Page 302 of 562 FirstFirst ... 202252292300301302303304312352402 ... LastLast
Results 3,011 to 3,020 of 5613

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

[quote user="slipknottin"]Im telling you, if Fleener has the frame to add another 20-30 pounds. He is going to be a beast in the nfl.[/quote] I coulden't agree more.. I think Fleener is gonna be a stud but Allen has that all around TE frame all ready and can beat u deep and short as well as block.. I love both TE's but Allen has a more complete TE skill set in my opinion.. I think Allen could end up being a Antonio Gates type talent..

If Doug martin runs well at the combine with that 5ft 9in 219lb frame and ability to return kicks hes gonna see his stock fly high as well.. I all ready think hes sensational and u add in a solid 40 time to that bowling ball frame and ability to catch the ball outta the backfield and u gotta start thinking Ray Rice and mjd!

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]** I think Allen could end up being a Antonio Gates type talent..
    [/quote]

Allen and Fleener are different types of TEs in the NFL, IMO.

Allen is closer to a Hernandez type TE. Dont think he has the strength or speed of a Vernon Davis. I think he will end up being more of a move TE. Not an inline guy.

Fleener if he has the frame (he should at 6'6 with what seems like a big wingspan) could definately grow into a 270+ pound inline type TE.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="nycsportzfan"] I think Allen could end up being a Antonio Gates type talent..
    [/quote]

Allen is closer to a Hernandez type TE. Dont think he has the strength or speed of a Vernon Davis. I think he will end up being more of a move TE. Not an inline guy.

Fleener if he has the frame (he should at 6'6 with what seems like a big wingspan) could definately grow into a 270+ pound inline type TE.[/quote] i also don't think he has Vernon Davis type speed but vernon davis is the most physically imposing ahtletic freak TE in the NFL. Hence why he was the 5th overall pick and none of the other bigtime TE's came close to top 5 picks.. Allen has alot of similarities to Gates as far as being just about the exact same size and there good enough to get deep middle as well as having the hands to catch anything in the intermediate range and even though there not blocker extrodinaires can certainly get the job done.. There both pretty athletic as well.. Fleener is a fine player in his own right and as u said with that frame if he can gain weight and keep that ability to gain yards after the catch and make big plays he'd be one of the best TE's around.. There pretty close in my opinion but i think Allen's potential is alittle higher all though your right and i woulden't be surprised if Fleener has a better career

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]** I think Allen could end up being a Antonio Gates type talent..
    [/quote]

Fleener if he has the frame (he should at 6'6 with what seems like a big wingspan) could definately grow into a 270+ pound inline type TE.[/quote]He has that potential but Stanford didnt really use him much as a Blocker at all really.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]He has that potential but Stanford didnt really use him much as a Blocker at all really.[/quote]

Yea, but why would they when he was clearly their best receiving option.

But looking at the giants history, they dont often draft TEs who are capable blockers, they draft guys with the size/growth potential, and the willingness to block.

Then they just have Mike Pope teach them how to block, and they generally become pretty damn good at it.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="nycsportzfan"] I think Allen could end up being a Antonio Gates type talent..
    [/quote]

Fleener if he has the frame (he should at 6'6 with what seems like a big wingspan) could definately grow into a 270+ pound inline type TE.[/quote]He has that potential but Stanford didnt really use him much as a Blocker at all really.[/quote] Thats the only thing i worry about with fleener is the fact that he didn't block that much and is so slender for the TE positon and really what he does well is make bigger longer plays then TE's usually do(oustide of the best) and u wonder if gaining 20lbs would hurt that ability and take away from him abit.. The guy Avg'd all most 20yrd per catch for godsake! As far as Allen he blocks well enough and more often and still gives u everything offensively and probably has only scratched the surface of his overall talent.. U give em a QB like Eli to throw it to him and its all most scary

wow were in the SB yet again and i get to do 2 more mocks instead of 1.. Yippee!!lol We got a bunch of FA's this yr and guys who are gonna be coming off big injuries as well.. Also u add in guys like Osi whos all ready talked trade a bunch and Jacobs and Diehl who are guys who probably won't be back and all that makes this one of the more important drafts and off seasons in recent memory as there could be alot of change around here.. Ross/ Jacobs/ Osi/ TT/ Goff/ Blackburn/ Bernard/ Ballard/D Thomas/ Carr/ Weahorford/ mario/ Tollefson/ Coe/mckenzie / pascoe(restricted)/ are all guys who could either be let go because of how much they make or traded(in osi's case) or are FA's in some capacity wheather its restricted or exculsive rights or a regular old FA.. That is alot of guys we gotta make decisons on going forward.. With that said Here is this weeks mock

1. Dwayne Allen TE Cle
    mson- Sticking with the guy who is the best at his positon offering us alot of bang for our buck picking this late in RD 1.. We could lose mario so adding another weapon for ELI isn't a bad idea.. Also Ballard has fell off due to injury and and theres just not a ton of depth at the positon for us..

2. Doug
    martin RB Boise St- I don't think the bowling ball 5ft 9inch 219lb who can return kicks will make it to us in RD 3.. This guy catches it outta the backfield and has much exp bass blocking for Boises big passing offense and has solid speed. Hes got alot of similar attributes to Ray Rice and mjd..

3. Nate Potter G/T Boise St-
    A Tackle for the broncos some see Potter going to G in the pros.. the giants covet olineman that can man multiple positons and Potter has the possiblity to be a guy who can play every line positon outside of C in a pinch.. I see potter as a guy who isn't a stud in any one area but does many things relatively well.. Hes got quick feet and long arms and is a effective combo blocker.. I think hes got great value late RD 3..

4. Donnie Fletcher CB Boston College- Now that the positon is so deep with talent i could see Fletcher possibly there in RD 4 and hes got the size we covet at the positon and the value is there this late in RD 4 as well.. Also u add in the BC ties we've had over the yrs and with Coughlin fletcher could be a guy we'd look at in RD 4 if the draft plays out like i got it here..

5. Sean Cattouse SS California- A big and Stong SS who could fill the Deon Grant roll on this tea
    m very well.. Cattouse is one of my sleepers in this draft and i think the value is there for a RD 5 pick

6. De
    mario Davis OLB Arkansas St- This dude can ball! Bigtime hitter who can make plays against the pass and rush the passer when asked as well as a sure tackler that wraps up well and trys to punish ball carriers.. Davis could be a beast on ST's as he works his way into playing time as a
    LB..

7. Garth Gerhart C Arizona St- Underrated C in a pretty solid C class.. Hes got the size and expierence and could be a later round steal..

Veteran

Very solidsolid

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]NEPD_Loyko Mike Loyko
    George Iloka might have been the most impressive looking DB there.. 6'3 5/8 222 and jacked up

Intriguing guy right there.[/quote]

if he runs well, hes a 2nd rounder, IMO.[/quote] Almost a 7' Wingspan as well. NEPatriotsdraft claims he has verified 4.4 speed Im not sure about that.If he does have that straight line speed it doesnt show up, looks like a 4.6 guy. Still a DB at 6'3 5/8 225 81" Wingspan is eye opening