+ Reply to Thread
Page 304 of 562 FirstFirst ... 204254294302303304305306314354404 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,040 of 5613

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]Heres some ridiculously good info "LIVE" from the sr bowl from the boys over at walter football.. They have great insight and are alot closer to the players then some around here give credit for as they go to the sr bowl and combine .. They even let us know what teams are talking to who albeit in the very early stages.. my guy Doug martin was said to be super ripped and i really think that kids gonna be special! Also Gerrell Robinson WR Arz St tore it up yesterday beating a handful of soon to be NFL CB's.. His stock has to be on the rise.. Casey Hayward also was said to be ripped and as a guy i've raved about u add in a good physique with awesome on field play both against the run and pass in the tough SEC and i just don't see how its possible he dosen't get into the 2nd rd and possibly the 1st by Draft time.. I wonder if Janoris Jenkins HT is gonna hurt him? Also i was bummed to see Bobby Wagners HT only at 6ft.. I really like him a ton! Anyhow take alook at all this info its some great reading!
    A list of teams and prospects that met with each other after Monday's Senior Bowl practice.

2012 Senior Bowl Rumor Mill - 1/23

2012 Senior Bowl Rumor Mill. Find out which quarterback the Redskins spent a lot of time with.

2012 Senior Bowl Weigh-In Analysis - 1/23

We have the measurements, but how did each prospect look at the weigh-in? Who needs to hit the gym?

2012 Senior Bowl Practice Report - 1/23

My 2012 Senior Bowl Practice Report from Monday with outside analysis.e
    [/quote] I forgot to post these

Charlie's detailed 2012 Senior Bowl Practice Report from Monday with one-on-one winners.

2012 Senior Bowl Prospect Meetings Report - 1/23

A list of teams and prospects that met with each other after Mo

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]Heres some ridiculously good info "LIVE" from the sr bowl from the boys over at walter football.. They have great insight and are alot closer to the players then some around here give credit for as they go to the sr bowl and combine .. They even let us know what teams are talking to who albeit in the very early stages.. my guy Doug martin was said to be super ripped and i really think that kids gonna be special! Also Gerrell Robinson WR Arz St tore it up yesterday beating a handful of soon to be NFL CB's.. His stock has to be on the rise.. Casey Hayward also was said to be ripped and as a guy i've raved about u add in a good physique with awesome on field play both against the run and pass in the tough SEC and i just don't see how its possible he dosen't get into the 2nd rd and possibly the 1st by Draft time.. I wonder if Janoris Jenkins HT is gonna hurt him? Also i was bummed to see Bobby Wagners HT only at 6ft.. I really like him a ton! Anyhow take alook at all this info its some great reading!
    A list of teams and prospects that met with each other after Monday's Senior Bowl practice.

2012 Senior Bowl Rumor Mill. Find out which quarterback the Redskins spent a lot of time with.

We have the measurements, but how did each prospect look at the weigh-in? Who needs to hit the gym?

[/quote] I forgot to post these

Charlie's detailed 2012 Senior Bowl Practice Report from Monday with one-on-one winners.

2012 Senior Bowl Prospect Meetings Report - 1/23

A list of teams and prospects that met with each other after Mo

senior bowl notes that caught my eye from various sites.

1) I knew Russel Wilson wasnt a big guy. But 5'10 ...? Thats pretty short for this league. That will really hurt him. I was kinda hoping he would be over 5'11 because he has a decent arm and has looked good. Aparently the skins interviewed him for a very long time today. 1 thing he has working for him is abnormally large hands for a 5'10 guy.

2) Virtually every source I can find has Michael Engew lighting it up on the 1st day of practice. Scouts love his fluidity and ease at which he catches the ball. With the emergence of the TE/WR hybrid being the new "it" position in the NFL, expect this kids stock to keep going up if he keep practicing like this. Litterally, every scout praised him today.

3) Boise State RB Doug Martin came in wieghing more than I expected. 5'9 and 219 lbs. Reports say he didnt have an ounce of fat on him. Its crazy to me that he is that big. I watch him play and I think he is about 200lbs. I watch Chris Polk play and I think he is 240. Turns out, they wiegh about the same. That Blew my mind.

4) Isaiah Pead small hand size(8' 5/8) may be an issue and 1 scout worried about his small legs and frame. He needs to show good ball security or risk scaring some teams away. However, he did run well today. I read his cutback was very appealing. Pead, Polk and Martin all looked good today in various reports.

5) Unfortunately, a guy I was really rooting for , Kellen Moore has shown a complete lack of armstrength to play in the NFL. I read how he really struggled with the rt hash to left sideline out throw showing no velocity whatsoever. Unless he magically gains armstrength this week his chances at the next level may be all but over after just 1 day of practice. Multiple sources cited this issue. His throws hung in the air, were behind wrs, and lacked velocity. 1 scout noted that in order to make a sideline throw he had to throw it unrealisticly early in the WRs break in order for the ball to be there in time b4 the WRs went OB at the sideline. That is how long his ball was in the air.

6)According to SI, Brian Linthicum(TE michigan st.) looked very good today as well in both drills and scrimmage

7) More than 1 site mentioned Marvin Jones(wr cal.) as todays top performing WR. And a guy I think is very underrated TJ Graham(wr NCST) also looking very good.

8) 1 guy noted that Sean Spence(LB UofM) was underwelming at weigh in( i think he was refering to his hieght). Another guy noted that if he didnt know better he would think Sean is a cornerback. But, aparently Sean looked good in scrimmage. As did Nigel Bradham. I like both of these players very much.

9) It will be interesting to see what position Melvin Ingram ends up playing. Aparently he was difficult to block today. But his size is tweener LB or DE size. His short height and arms will have him falling dramatically on 43 team's boards and the likelyhood of him being a 34 olb is rising. Overall, his stock may have been hurt because of his odd build.

10) Aparently Quinton Couples impressed with his intelligence and demeanor as well as his build. He is another guy that may be a DE or may be a 34 OLB. 1 guy noted that quinton could easily add wieght to that frame and be a 43 DE, or he could stay as he is an be a 34 olb. This can only help his stock.

11) Aside from Kellen Moore, the next guy I see comming up on the negative side a lot of places was Alphonzo Dennard(cb Nebraska.) His compact build combined with stiff hips, 2 phrases you dont ever want to hear together when talking about a CB, were used more than a couple times in different places.

12) I was really looking for info on Markelle Martin(S, OSU) because he is a player I like very much. But, aside from the fact that he came into the senior bowl in eye poppingly good shape. I didnt see much info on his performance in practice.

I tried to stick with info on players that I found from multiple sources and ones that werent contradicted by another report. Ill come back when I have more.

Dennard looked pretty bad at practice, particularly in off man. Never thought he was a first rounder to begin with.

[quote user="BlueSanta"]senior bowl notes that caught my eye from various sites.

1) I knew Russel Wilson wasnt a big guy. But 5'10 ...? Thats pretty short for this league. That will really hurt him. I was kinda hoping he would be over 5'11 because he has a decent arm and has looked good. Aparently the skins interviewed him for a very long time today. 1 thing he has working for him is abnormally large hands for a 5'10 guy.

2) Virtually every source I can find has Michael Engew lighting it up on the 1st day of practice. Scouts love his fluidity and ease at which he catches the ball. With the emergence of the TE/WR hybrid being the new "it" position in the NFL, expect this kids stock to keep going up if he keep practicing like this. Litterally, every scout praised him today.

3) Boise State RB Doug Martin came in wieghing more than I expected. 5'9 and 219 lbs. Reports say he didnt have an ounce of fat on him. Its crazy to me that he is that big. I watch him play and I think he is about 200lbs. I watch Chris Polk play and I think he is 240. Turns out, they wiegh about the same. That Blew my mind.

4) Isaiah Pead small hand size(8' 5/8) may be an issue and 1 scout worried about his small legs and frame. He needs to show good ball security or risk scaring some teams away. However, he did run well today. I read his cutback was very appealing. Pead, Polk and Martin all looked good today in various reports.

5) Unfortunately, a guy I was really rooting for , Kellen Moore has shown a complete lack of armstrength to play in the NFL. I read how he really struggled with the rt hash to left sideline out throw showing no velocity whatsoever. Unless he magically gains armstrength this week his chances at the next level may be all but over after just 1 day of practice. Multiple sources cited this issue. His throws hung in the air, were behind wrs, and lacked velocity. 1 scout noted that in order to make a sideline throw he had to throw it unrealisticly early in the WRs break in order for the ball to be there in time b4 the WRs went OB at the sideline. That is how long his ball was in the air.

6)According to SI, Brian Linthicum(TE michigan st.) looked very good today as well in both drills and scrimmage

7) More than 1 site mentioned Marvin Jones(wr cal.) as todays top performing WR. And a guy I think is very underrated TJ Graham(wr NCST) also looking very good.

8) 1 guy noted that Sean Spence(LB UofM) was underwelming at weigh in( i think he was refering to his hieght). Another guy noted that if he didnt know better he would think Sean is a cornerback. But, aparently Sean looked good in scrimmage. As did Nigel Bradham. I like both of these players very much.

9) It will be interesting to see what position Melvin Ingram ends up playing. Aparently he was difficult to block today. But his size is tweener LB or DE size. His short height and arms will have him falling dramatically on 43 team's boards and the likelyhood of him being a 34 olb is rising. Overall, his stock may have been hurt because of his odd build.

10) Aparently Quinton Couples impressed with his intelligence and demeanor as well as his build. He is another guy that may be a DE or may be a 34 OLB. 1 guy noted that quinton could easily add wieght to that frame and be a 43 DE, or he could stay as he is an be a 34 olb. This can only help his stock.

11) Aside from Kellen Moore, the next guy I see comming up on the negative side a lot of places was Alphonzo Dennard(cb Nebraska.) His compact build combined with stiff hips, 2 phrases you dont ever want to hear together when talking about a CB, were used more than a couple times in different places.

12) I was really looking for info on Markelle Martin(S, OSU) because he is a player I like very much. But, aside from the fact that he came into the senior bowl in eye poppingly good shape. I didnt see much info on his performance in practice.

I tried to stick with info on players that I found from multiple sources and ones that werent contradicted by another report. Ill come back when I have more.

[/quote] As i said yesterday I think Brian Linthicum is one of the most underrated TE's in this class.. I could see em going as early as RD 4.. All the RB's that looked good yesterday are all guys i really like in this incredibly deep RB class..

Tj Graham is a guy REDEYE and I both like as a sleeper WR.. He has mario manninghm type size and serious speed and could be a nice fit with us if were to lose mario this offseason...

Dennard is a guy i haven't really been impressed with from the jump.. It amazes me Casey Hayward has been perdicted to go way after him all this time.. I don't know what people need to see with Hayward to be sold on him but hes clearly one of the most underrated players in the country..

melvin ingram's size is very odd to say the least... I think matt mccants size will greatly help his stock as i do with Egnew and i think Janoris Jenkins Alphonso Dennard and melvin ingrams will hurt a bit..

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]wow were in the SB yet again and i get to do 2 more mocks instead of 1.. Yippee!!lol We got a bunch of FA's this yr and guys who are gonna be coming off big injuries as well.. Also u add in guys like Osi whos all ready talked trade a bunch and Jacobs and Diehl who are guys who probably won't be back and all that makes this one of the more important drafts and off seasons in recent memory as there could be alot of change around here.. Ross/ Jacobs/ Osi/ TT/ Goff/ Blackburn/ Bernard/ Ballard/D Thomas/ Carr/ Weahorford/ mario/ Tollefson/ Coe/mckenzie / pascoe(restricted)/ are all guys who could either be let go because of how much they make or traded(in osi's case) or are FA's in some capacity wheather its restricted or exculsive rights or a regular old FA.. That is alot of guys we gotta make decisons on going forward.. With that said Here is this weeks mock

1. Dwayne Allen TE Cle
    mson- Sticking with the guy who is the best at his positon offering us alot of bang for our buck picking this late in RD 1.. We could lose mario so adding another weapon for ELI isn't a bad idea.. Also Ballard has fell off due to injury and and theres just not a ton of depth at the positon for us..

2. Doug
    martin RB Boise St- I don't think the bowling ball 5ft 9inch 219lb who can return kicks will make it to us in RD 3.. This guy catches it outta the backfield and has much exp bass blocking for Boises big passing offense and has solid speed. Hes got alot of similar attributes to Ray Rice and mjd..

3. Nate Potter G/T Boise St-
    A Tackle for the broncos some see Potter going to G in the pros.. the giants covet olineman that can man multiple positons and Potter has the possiblity to be a guy who can play every line positon outside of C in a pinch.. I see potter as a guy who isn't a stud in any one area but does many things relatively well.. Hes got quick feet and long arms and is a effective combo blocker.. I think hes got great value late RD 3..

4. Donnie Fletcher CB Boston College- Now that the positon is so deep with talent i could see Fletcher possibly there in RD 4 and hes got the size we covet at the positon and the value is there this late in RD 4 as well.. Also u add in the BC ties we've had over the yrs and with Coughlin fletcher could be a guy we'd look at in RD 4 if the draft plays out like i got it here..

5. Sean Cattouse SS California- A big and Stong SS who could fill the Deon Grant roll on this tea
    m very well.. Cattouse is one of my sleepers in this draft and i think the value is there for a RD 5 pick

6. De
    mario Davis OLB Arkansas St- This dude can ball! Bigtime hitter who can make plays against the pass and rush the passer when asked as well as a sure tackler that wraps up well and trys to punish ball carriers.. Davis could be a beast on ST's as he works his way into playing time as a
    LB..

7. Garth Gerhart C Arizona St- Underrated C in a pretty solid C class.. Hes got the size and expierence and could be a later round steal..
    [/quote] Demario Davis added to Sr Bowl roster! Sweet!

[/quote]

Nyc, you mention a guy I absolutely want in Blue next year, Gerell Robinson. WR will only be a need if we lose Mario but Robinson has it all. He gets a little lazy at times which may be his only issue. He is big, has good speed and good hands. I can see us grabbing him in the 3rd or 4th round and that will be a steal IMO. Also, is it me or is Matt McCants a Will Beatty clone in terms of physique and ability. Before the draft, Beatty was listed at about 295 and then showed up to the combine at about 310. His stock rose to the point that we took him in Rd 2. I can see McCants going around the same time. Just a thought.

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="BlueSanta"]senior bowl notes that caught my eye from various sites.

2) Virtually every source I can find has Michael Engew lighting it up on the 1st day of practice. Scouts love his fluidity and ease at which he catches the ball. With the emergence of the TE/WR hybrid being the new "it" position in the NFL, expect this kids stock to keep going up if he keep practicing like this. Litterally, every scout praised him today.*

4) Isaiah Pead small hand size(8' 5/8) may be an issue and 1 scout worried about his small legs and frame. He needs to show good ball security or risk scaring some teams away. However,* he did run well today. I read his cutback was very appealing. Pead, Polk and Martin all looked good today in various reports.

6)According to SI,* Brian Linthicum(TE michigan st.) looked very good today as well in both drills and scrimmage

9) It will be interesting to see what position Melvin Ingram ends up playing. Aparently he was difficult to block today. But his size is tweener LB or DE size. His short height and arms will have him falling dramatically on 43 team's boards and the likelyhood of him being a 34 olb is rising.* Overall, his stock may have been hurt because of his odd build.

12) I was really looking for info on Markelle Martin(S, OSU) because he is a player I like very much. But, aside from the fact that he came into the senior bowl in eye poppingly good shape. I* didnt see much info on his performance in practice.

I tried to stick with info on players that I found from multiple sources and ones that werent contradicted by another report.* Ill come back when I have more.

[/quote] As i said yesterday** I think Brian Linthicum is one of the most underrated TE's in this class.. I could see em going as early as* RD 4..** All the RB's that looked good yesterday are all guys i really like* in this incredibly deep RB class..*

*Tj Graham is a guy REDEYE and I both like as a sleeper* WR..* He has mario manninghm type size and serious speed and could be a nice fit with us if were to lose mario this offseason...

Dennard is a guy i haven't really been impressed with from the jump.. It amazes me* Casey Hayward has been perdicted to go way after him all this time..* I don't know what people need to see with Hayward to be sold on him* but hes clearly one of the most underrated players in the country..

melvin ingram's size is very odd to say the least...* I think matt mccants size will greatly help his stock as i do with Egnew** and* i think Janoris Jenkins* Alphonso Dennard and melvin ingrams will hurt a bit..
    [/quote] MSU has so many good TE's on there roster kind of gets lost in the shuffle

[quote user="tdawg1413"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Heres some ridiculously good info "LIVE" from the sr bowl from the boys over at walter football.. They have great insight and are alot closer to the players then some around here give credit for as they go to the sr bowl and combine .. They even let us know what teams are talking to who albeit in the very early stages.. my guy Doug martin was said to be super ripped and i really think that kids gonna be special! Also Gerrell Robinson WR Arz St tore it up yesterday beating a handful of soon to be NFL CB's.. His stock has to be on the rise.. Casey Hayward also was said to be ripped and as a guy i've raved about u add in a good physique with awesome on field play both against the run and pass in the tough SEC and i just don't see how its possible he dosen't get into the 2nd rd and possibly the 1st by Draft time.. I wonder if Janoris Jenkins HT is gonna hurt him? Also i was bummed to see Bobby Wagners HT only at 6ft.. I really like him a ton! Anyhow take alook at all this info its some great reading!

[/quote]

Nyc, you mention a guy I absolutely want in Blue next year, Gerell Robinson. WR will only be a need if we lose Mario but Robinson has it all. He gets a little lazy at times which may be his only issue. He is big, has good speed and good hands. I can see us grabbing him in the 3rd or 4th round and that will be a steal IMO. Also, is it me or is Matt McCants a Will Beatty clone in terms of physique and ability. Before the draft, Beatty was listed at about 295 and then showed up to the combine at about 310. His stock rose to the point that we took him in Rd 2. I can see McCants going around the same time. Just a thought.
    [/quote] Good comparison with Beatty and mccants.. But Beatty actually was thought to be a possible late 1st rd pick by some well before the draft and kinda fell to the end of the 2nd round.. But he definetly got there with the same attributes that mccants seems to have and its not surprising to see mccants now get in that 2nd round conversation with a very outside shot at very late 1st depending on his combine.. When u have Tackles with mcants upside and athletic ability its just a matter of time before they start rising and rising and the only way it gets hurt is if they screw themselves in these postseason all star games and combine.. I don't think Beatty really lit the world on fire at the combine if i remember correctly? Hence why i think he fell to us all the way at the end of RD 2.. Fair? Probably not but in todays NFL that combine holds a bit to much weight

I also agree about Gerrell Robinson.. Its kinda funny because when u watch him play and see his size and ability u kinda just wait to here what were hering now and that is that hes pretty good...lol I swear every yr i see a TON of these guys during the season perdicted to go in these crazy high rounds of the draft or not get talked about as any kinda serious prospect and i just sit back and wait for the RISE to take place...lol I said quite awhile ago that Whitney mercilus was gonna Rise in this yrs draft to being picked in the top 20 and now i look at mocks and see him gone by a Ton of people before pick 20 or at pick 20..lol Doug martin Casey Hayward Leonard Johnson and Bobby Wagner are guys that i felt similarly about and now u see em all in the RD 2 area

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="BlueSanta"]senior bowl notes that caught my eye from various sites.

[/quote] As i said yesterday I think Brian Linthicum is one of the most underrated TE's in this class.. I could see em going as early as RD 4.. All the RB's that looked good yesterday are all guys i really like in this incredibly deep RB class..

Tj Graham is a guy REDEYE and I both like as a sleeper WR.. He has mario manninghm type size and serious speed and could be a nice fit with us if were to lose mario this offseason...

Dennard is a guy i haven't really been impressed with from the jump.. It amazes me Casey Hayward has been perdicted to go way after him all this time.. I don't know what people need to see with Hayward to be sold on him but hes clearly one of the most underrated players in the country..

melvin ingram's size is very odd to say the least... I think matt mccants size will greatly help his stock as i do with Egnew and i think Janoris Jenkins Alphonso Dennard and melvin ingrams will hurt a bit..
    [/quote] MSU has so many good TE's on there roster kind of gets lost in the shuffle[/quote] Well to be fair Linthicum didn't have a great yr(didn't even score) but he certainly flashed at times and in the right system i could see him being very valuable.. Hes gonna be one of those guys that has a better pro career then college career once he puts it all together..