+ Reply to Thread
Page 308 of 562 FirstFirst ... 208258298306307308309310318358408 ... LastLast
Results 3,071 to 3,080 of 5613

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

[quote user="BlueSanta"]What I have for today, some are carry overs from day 1...

1) Kirk Cousins has been the best performing QB. Scouts are liking his arm. Kellen Moore's continues to struggle at any throw downfield or sideline. I think at this point his chances of being drafted are slim and narrowed down only to west coast teams. He has looked very intelligent and accurate on short throws but it was noted that today he was trying extra hard to put umph on downfield throws and it was negatively effecting his mechanics. Wilson, a guy who's measurables had scouts worried yesterday, seems to be doing pretty well. He has had some flashes of briliance. I have read more than once that scouts love his high release point, a necessity for a short guy.

2) Prolly the biggest day 2 loser was Chris Polk(RB Washington.) This was dissapointing to see. Aparently ,they spent a lot of time in pass protection among RBs and Polk consistently lost battles and showed poor technique. More than 1 scout refered to him as slow. It was noted that it took him too long to acclerate and that at max speed he ran very upright.

3) Isaiah Pead, a guy who had scouts worried at the weigh in yesterday, has done well for himself. A couple ppl have said he is the best all around performing back so far. He even showed some fight in picking up blocks.

4) Doug martin and Dan Herron have also shown well for themselves running the ball. Speaking of backs, the bengals have spent a large bulk of their time interviewing backs. They spent a lot of time with Martin and Pead.

5) Jeff Allen(T Illinois) struggled today in many of the matchups he faced. His stock has dropped.

6) Aparently Dwight Jones (Wr NC) has really struggled getting off the LoS in press coverage. Thats not good for a big WR.

7) 1 scout noted that Marquis Maze, even though he hasnt been on the field that much, has hurt himelf. He has come across immature in conversations. He also appeared overwieght....

8) It wasnt a good day for the TEs. Igwenagu dropped 2 easy completions and has struggled. Egnew isnt a blocker(we kinda knew that) although he did ok vs speed rushers. It was the bulls who trounced em.

9) Qinton Coples and Courtney Upshaw have had their way with whoever lines up against them. Coples is reportedly showing more technique than expected to go with his raw athleticism and Upshaw is aparently unstoppably powerful. Upshaw was the best as far as setting the edge and keeping contain as well. 1 guy said he is James Harrison jr. Its been said though, that these 2 really outclass anyone lined up against them and therefor its hard to evaluate both sides.

10) Lastly, it would be a mistake to forget to mention the CBs. Most feel the defensive talent on the field this week overshadows the offensive talent. At no position is this more evident than in the defensive backfield. 3 guys names came up repeatedly. Casey Heyward, Jamell Flemming, and George Iioka. George has been a hot topic aparently. The conversation revolving around what position he will play in the NFL. Coming into this week everyone said "No a 6' 4 guy cant be a corner." But, he is showing cover skills. I still think he may end up as a safety in the NFL but someone is going to reach for this kid because he is so versatile. This is a kid who can cover those hybrid TE/WRwe see popping up around the league. He may be a mold breaker too. He aparently had a highlight interception today that was the play of the day. Flemming and Heyward have been blanketting WRs in 1v1 and in scrimmage since getting to mobile.The major exception is still Alphonzo Dennard, who struggles covering when he has to turn and run. He had 1 nice play today, and plays well as long as the ball is in front of him and he doesnt have to turn his hips.

shuld be more info on south guys tomorrow...
    [/quote] THere ya go with Casey Hayward!!lol I can't say enough about that kid! Iloka also is a guy everyone including myself(put em in last mock i believe) have been really taking aliking to.. As for the RB's its not that hard to see Doug martin and Isaiah Pead are sensational backs and probably right there if not better then lamar miller and David Wilson.. Doug martin and Casey Hayward were both on my most Underrated list i made last week and there quickly becoming what looks like fast risers in this yrs draft.. I still like Polk alot but these reports are dropping him a tad on my personal rankings..

Veteran

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="DragonSoul"]so who might be there for us as BAP @ pick 31/32?[/quote] Alot of players at this point that could be there.. As of now this is probably the top 5or so guys i think have at least a possiblity of being there when we pick.

Dwayne Allen TE Clemson
    - Explosive TE that is a complete TE and would give us a great 1/2 punch with Jake Ballard at the positon

Fletcher Cox DT miss st
    - I'd be surprised if he were there but he could be and i'd think with Rock Bernard being a FA and Canty getting alittle long in the tooth and Austin missing 2straight yrs of development he'd be on there list of possibles...

mike adams OT Ohio St- Hes gonna rise well into the mid 1st rd stages becuase of his long arms/big hands and perfect body type(6ft 7in 323lb) solid competiton and potential of sticking at LT in the pro's but if he is somehow there when we pick its hard to imagine the GIANTS not pouncing on him as we only have Beatty and Brewer for the Tackle positon once we let Diehl go after the season as a cap casualty.. Adams would be a bigtime asset in the Run Game..

Vontaze Burfict LB Arz St- Obviously the potential is there for this kid to be a total dominating force in the NFL but he came up short this past yr and really didn't look good.. Hes tabbed as a head case and its gonna take a good coaching job to get this kid right in the head.. COughlin and Crew could be the right coaches for the job and picking at the end of RD 1 a guy with Burficts potential at a positon of need is tough to pass up..

Chase minnifield CB Virginia
    - Kinda a long shot at going CB again this yr but Ross and TT are both FA's and we seen how quick your depth can be depleted through injury.. I could see a guy like chase/ Janoris Jenkins or a sleeper Casey Hayward possibly going to us at the end of RD 1 if we feel its out best value

Hon mention- Jerel Worthy DT mich St/ Lamar miller RB the U/ Cordy Glenn G Georgia / Peter Konz C Wisconsin /

Those are the guys i have a feeling will be in the mix with us with a few of em perdicted to go a bit before us but u never know when u start talking picks 15-end of 1st rd in the Draft because all it takes is a few curveballs and guys start dropping that weren't expected.. my guess as of today is that one of those names above will end up in BLUE next season
    [/quote]

After reading how Iloka is blowing up practices, I think he could be working his way into the 1st. A safety with WILL size and CB cover ability!? That just doesn't happen. That's JPP level freakishness right there. The only thing that could kick him down is playing for Boise (level of comp)

[quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="DragonSoul"]so who might be there for us as BAP @ pick 31/32?[/quote]* Alot of players at this point that could be there..* As of now* this is probably the top 5or so guys i think have at least a possiblity of being there when we pick.

Dwayne Allen TE Clemson
    - Explosive TE that is a complete TE and would give us a great 1/2 punch with Jake Ballard at the positon

Fletcher Cox DT miss st
    -* I'd be surprised if he were there* but he could be and i'd think with Rock Bernard being a FA and* Canty getting alittle long in the tooth and Austin missing 2straight yrs of development*** he'd be on there list of possibles...

mike adams OT Ohio St- Hes gonna rise well into the mid 1st rd stages becuase of his long arms/big hands and perfect body type(6ft 7in 323lb) ** solid competiton and potential of sticking at LT in the pro's ** but if he is somehow there** when we pick*** its hard to imagine the GIANTS not pouncing on him*** as* we only have Beatty and Brewer for the Tackle positon* once we let Diehl go after the season as a cap casualty.. Adams would be a bigtime asset in the Run Game..

Vontaze Burfict LB Arz St-* Obviously the potential is there for this kid to be a total dominating* force in the NFL** but he came up short this past yr*** and really didn't look good..* Hes tabbed as a head case and its gonna take a good coaching job to get this kid right in the head.. COughlin and Crew could be the right coaches for the job* and picking at the end of RD 1**** a guy with Burficts potential** at a positon of need* is tough to pass up..

- Kinda a long shot at going CB again this yr* but* Ross and TT are both FA's and we seen how quick your depth can be depleted through injury..** I could see* a guy like chase/ Janoris Jenkins* or* a sleeper Casey Hayward* possibly going to us at the end of RD 1 if** we feel its out best value

Hon mention-* Jerel Worthy DT mich St/* Lamar miller RB the U/* Cordy Glenn G Georgia /* Peter Konz C Wisconsin /

Those are the guys i have a feeling will be in the mix with us*** with a few of em perdicted to go a bit before* us*** but u never know when u start talking* picks 15-end of 1st rd** in the Draft** because all it takes is a few curveballs and guys start dropping that weren't expected..* my guess as of today** is that one of those names above** will end up in BLUE next season
    [/quote]

After reading how Iloka is blowing up practices, I think he could be working his way into the 1st. A safety with WILL size and CB cover ability!? That just doesn't happen. That's JPP level freakishness right there. The only thing that could kick him down is playing for Boise (level of comp)
    [/quote] He can play man coverage well.He is a safety that struggles in zone coverage. It would be nice to have a player that could match up with TE's but there is a level of risk there taking him that high.Im not sure he is an every down safety and he isnt an every down CB. I just wonder if the Giants drafted this player last year in Jacquain Williams .Although having multiple athletic pass defenders isnt a bad thing to have. I wouldnt put it past the Giants taking him where there picking now the Best player value will probably be at safety,interior line,RB,or TE.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]] He can play man coverage well.He is a safety that struggles in zone coverage..[/quote]

Cant say I agree with that. He can play the ball in the air, takes good angles. He played deep safety almost every snap in college.

3 of my later round guys getting good reviews: Ballard, Menzie and Adams.

I WISH we could be in play for a guy like Upshaw. Unless he gets injured, he's guaranteed to be a star in the NFL. His speed is INSANE and he's strong as hell. Every year at Alabama he was voted among players as the hardest hitter on the team as well.

[quote user="critters"]I WISH we could be in play for a guy like Upshaw.[/quote]

IMO, he does not have the length the giants look for in their pass rushers.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="critters"]I WISH we could be in play for a guy like Upshaw.[/quote]

IMO, he does not have the length the giants look for in their pass rushers.[/quote]

Won't matter anyway.. he'll be a top 10-15 pick.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]] He can play man coverage well.He is a safety that struggles in zone coverage..[/quote]

Cant say I agree with that. He can play the ball in the air, takes good angles. He played deep safety almost every snap in college.[/quote] Usually guys that play the ball well get there hand on a pass once and awhile

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Usually guys that play the ball well get there hand on a pass once and awhile[/quote]

he has for his career 7 interceptions and 24 pass breakups.

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="DragonSoul"]so who might be there for us as BAP @ pick 31/32?[/quote]* Alot of players at this point that could be there..* As of now* this is probably the top 5or so guys i think have at least a possiblity of being there when we pick.

Dwayne Allen TE Clemson

Fletcher Cox DT miss st
    -* I'd be surprised if he were there* but he could be and i'd think with Rock Bernard being a FA and* Canty getting alittle long in the tooth and Austin missing 2straight yrs of development*** he'd be on there list of possibles...

mike adams OT Ohio St- Hes gonna rise well into the mid 1st rd stages becuase of his long arms/big hands and perfect body type(6ft 7in 323lb) ** solid competiton and potential of sticking at LT in the pro's ** but if he is somehow there** when we pick*** its hard to imagine the GIANTS not pouncing on him*** as* we only have Beatty and Brewer for the Tackle positon* once we let Diehl go after the season as a cap casualty.. Adams would be a bigtime asset in the Run Game..

Vontaze Burfict LB Arz St-* Obviously the potential is there for this kid to be a total dominating* force in the NFL** but he came up short this past yr*** and really didn't look good..* Hes tabbed as a head case and its gonna take a good coaching job to get this kid right in the head.. COughlin and Crew could be the right coaches for the job* and picking at the end of RD 1**** a guy with Burficts potential** at a positon of need* is tough to pass up..

- Kinda a long shot at going CB again this yr* but* Ross and TT are both FA's and we seen how quick your depth can be depleted through injury..** I could see* a guy like chase/ Janoris Jenkins* or* a sleeper Casey Hayward* possibly going to us at the end of RD 1 if** we feel its out best value

Hon mention-* Jerel Worthy DT mich St/* Lamar miller RB the U/* Cordy Glenn G Georgia /* Peter Konz C Wisconsin /

Those are the guys i have a feeling will be in the mix with us*** with a few of em perdicted to go a bit before* us*** but u never know when u start talking* picks 15-end of 1st rd** in the Draft** because all it takes is a few curveballs and guys start dropping that weren't expected..* my guess as of today** is that one of those names above** will end up in BLUE next season
    [/quote]Thanks for the insight.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul