+ Reply to Thread
Page 311 of 562 FirstFirst ... 211261301309310311312313321361411 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,110 of 5613

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

more on Joe Adams....

It was said that he is among the favorites for the MVP of the game, if given the throws. His stock has been flying up this week.

The reason being that the type of coverage they play in the senior bowl is a type of coverage not used very much in the actual NFL( how dumb is that?.)

Aparently, if given a free release and an opportunity to catch then ball and then run with it, he has been nearly unstoppable in practice.

His highlight reel for 2011 is unbelievable too, for those who havent seen it.

Emmanuel Acho (Lb, Texas)has been very impressive in passrushing drills too. He has shown versatility in practice with the ability to move around to different LB positions.

Kendell Reyes is another guy to keep an eye on, DT from Uconn

Ive seen him play in person quite a bit, hes raw, but physically very talented.

Physically he fits the giants mold, just under 6'4, 300 pounds, 32"+ arm length.

4th, 5th round perhaps. And I know as well as anyone the success rate of Uconn players, but Reyes is the first Uconn player ive watched on the field that actually impressed me.

[quote user="BlueSanta"]Emmanuel Acho (Lb, Texas)has been very impressive in passrushing drills too.* He has shown versatility in practice with the ability to move around to different LB positions.
    [/quote]Both the Texas LB's interest me . I still like James Michael Johnson of Nevada and Bobby Wagner Utah State the best though in terms of value

[quote user="slipknottin"]Kendell Reyes is another guy to keep an eye on, DT from Uconn

Ive seen him play in person quite a bit, hes raw, but physically very talented.

Physically he fits the giants mold, just under 6'4, 300 pounds, 32"+ arm length.

4th, 5th round perhaps. And I know as well as anyone the success rate of Uconn players, but Reyes is the first Uconn player ive watched on the field that actually impressed me.[/quote] Giants love those Long sleek athletic lineman.

[quote user="BlueSanta"]Again, some of what I am putting here is stuff that is from yesterday, but didnt make it to me in time to post.

Nigel Bradham had a good day. People like his mobolity and coverage. His inside play is a little behind his open field and cover skills.

Chris Rainey has done well for himself at Wr. There were question marks about him coming into the SB because he, like Percey Harvin at UF, didnt run traditional routes and was also used a lot out of the backfield. But, he has done well at the WR position today and it sounds like that the position he will be sticking with in the NFL.

[/quote]
    * The biggest knock scouts seem to have w/ Bradham are
    his coverage skills. Pretty sure that's one of the main areas he's
    trying to prove to scouts/teams is that he actually has good coverage
    skills. Very underrated LB if you ask me. The guy has good size, great
    speed, excellent against the run (hits like a mack truck), & one of
    the most athletic LBer's in this class. His stock has got to be on the
    rise.

* I dont see Chris Rainey as a WR in the NFL. There's no question he can
    catch the ball, but I think he plays RB at the next level. Just like
    Demps, Rainey is a burner. I wouldn't be surprised to see him run in the
    high 4.2's or low 4.3's at the combine & probably be drafted
    somewhere in the 4-6 round range.

Does anyone have the measurements of Iloka's arm length?

rainey said he wants to run a 4.2 flat.

Im not sure if he fits as a WR or a HB, honestly, hes tiny,

Could see as a kick/punt returner, as well as gunner, hes a damn good punt blocker too.

[quote user="slipknottin"]rainey said he wants to run a 4.2 flat.

Could see as a kick/punt returner, as well as gunner, hes a damn good punt blocker too.[/quote]Yea, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he runs in that range. The problem at UF w/ Rainey was consistancy, he either looked really good at times or really bad. I just can't see him at his size being a WR in the NFL. Not to take anything away from Rainey but Harvin was a much better talent.

All-Pro

[quote user="slipknottin"]rainey said he wants to run a 4.2 flat.

Could see as a kick/punt returner, as well as gunner, hes a damn good punt blocker too.[/quote]

Yup, in the Florida high school 100m state final Rainey finished like a hair behind demps. I just wished demps showed up to the combine to see his 40 time.