+ Reply to Thread
Page 312 of 562 FirstFirst ... 212262302310311312313314322362412 ... LastLast
Results 3,111 to 3,120 of 5613

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

[quote user="critters"]All my guys are getting great reviews which is good to hear.

In regards to Dre Kirkpatrick... a lot of his hype is a result of his upside. He has great size and reach, good speed and plays physical. Teams stayed away from him for the most part. He has everything you need to be a lockdown corner but I think he is still developing. In 2010 it was obvious to me that Menzie was the best CB on Alabama's squad, but in 2011 Dre really turned up his game and pretty much evened it out. The only thing that separates them IMO is Dre's size. Menzie is a PHENOMENAL player and I think his stock is going to rise as we get closer to the draft. I've always rated him higher than D Robinson who I have thought would drop a bit as we got closer.
    [/quote]Maybe a bold statement, but I think Janoris Jenkins will be a more productive CB in the NFL opposed to Dre Kirkpatrick. I always thought Jenkins was just as good as Joe Haden at UF. Kirkpatrick has got all the tools to be a great DB & will most likely be the 2nd CB off the board after Mo Claiborne but I still think as far as production at the next level, Jenkins has got the edge.

[quote user="slipknottin"]Kendell Reyes is another guy to keep an eye on, DT from Uconn

Ive seen him play in person quite a bit, hes raw, but physically very talented.

Physically he fits the giants mold, just under 6'4, 300 pounds, 32"+ arm length.

4th, 5th round perhaps. And I know as well as anyone the success rate of Uconn players, but Reyes is the first Uconn player ive watched on the field that actually impressed me.[/quote] Ya I litteraly just wrote a post on Kendall Reyes just this morning.. Hes certainly a player that has impressed all yr long .. His stock got pretty hig early on in the season to about midway point and then u kinda stopped hering about em So this is a good thing for him to show up and show off at the Sr Bowl and get people kinda get that stock going up again..

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]Ya* I litteraly just wrote a post on Kendall Reyes just this morning..* Hes certainly a player that has impressed all yr long ..*[/quote]

I honestly have not had a chance to watch him this year. But I saw him alot last season.

Watched him pick off a pass against CIncy and run it back like 80 yards. He motors pretty good for a 300 pounder.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="BlueSanta"]Emmanuel Acho (Lb, Texas)has been very impressive in passrushing drills too. He has shown versatility in practice with the ability to move around to different LB positions.
    [/quote]Both the Texas LB's interest me . I still like James Michael Johnson of Nevada and Bobby Wagner Utah State the best though in terms of value[/quote]

Wagner is a guy who is supposedly having a solid senior bowl.

I read someplace Singletary praised his body lean and performance at the point of attack. I do not have the exact quote in front of me, but it was good stuff.

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="BlueSanta"]Emmanuel Acho (Lb, Texas)has been very impressive in passrushing drills too. He has shown versatility in practice with the ability to move around to different LB positions.
    [/quote]Both the Texas LB's interest me . I still like James Michael Johnson of Nevada and Bobby Wagner Utah State the best though in terms of value[/quote]

I read someplace Singletary praised his body lean and performance at the point of attack. I do not have the exact quote in front of me, but it was good stuff.
    [/quote] Wagner was one of the guys whos body type got alot of praise at the Weigh in's on a site i looked at as well(forgot what one? so many i look at..lol) Hes come along way since i tabbed em a sleeper and asked redeye to put a film of him up.. Wagner in the middle with Jaquain at the Will and u got 2/3's of our future starting LB core right there.. Works for me! Hes def one of my many fave's in this yrs draft.. Along with guys like Whitney mercilus/ Fletcher Cox/ Casey Hayward/ Doug martin/ Dwayne Allen/ just to name a few...

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="BlueSanta"]Emmanuel Acho (Lb, Texas)has been very impressive in passrushing drills too. He has shown versatility in practice with the ability to move around to different LB positions.

[/quote] Wagner was one of the guys whos body type got alot of praise at the Weigh in's on a site i looked at as well(forgot what one? so many i look at..lol) Hes come along way since i tabbed em a sleeper and asked redeye to put a film of him up.. Wagner in the middle with Jaquain at the Will and u got 2/3's of our future starting LB core right there.. Works for me! Hes def one of my many fave's in this yrs draft.. Along with guys like Whitney mercilus/ Fletcher Cox/ Casey Hayward/ Doug martin/ Dwayne Allen/ just to name a few...
    [/quote]

Found it, from a NY times blog about senior bowl....

"Wagner drew praise early for his hustle and speed in special-teams
    drills and then earned a compliment from Singletary for his good body
    lean while changing direction in individual footwork drills. He was on
    the line of scrimmage at outside linebacker and consistently showed the
    ability to anchor at the point of attack and shed blocks. Through two
    days, hes ahead of Emmanuel Acho, James-Michael Johnson and Nigel
    Bradham as the most impressive between-the-tackles run-stuffing
    linebacker prospect."

Ill be the 1st to admit, I havent seen much of him cept the highlights ppl make. I have a hard time judging by just those. I always have to remind myself that often those are promotional and dont show the negatives(not redeye of course). There isnt a bunch out there on this kid either.

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="BlueSanta"]Emmanuel Acho (Lb, Texas)has been very impressive in passrushing drills too.* He has shown versatility in practice with the ability to move around to different LB positions.

[/quote]* Wagner was one of the guys whos body type got alot of praise at the Weigh in's on a site i looked at as well(forgot what one? so many i look at..lol)** Hes come along way since i tabbed em a sleeper and asked redeye to put a film of him up..***** Wagner in the middle with Jaquain at the Will* and u got 2/3's of our future starting LB core right there..* Works for me!** Hes def one of my many fave's in this yrs draft..** Along with guys like Whitney mercilus/ Fletcher Cox/ Casey Hayward/ Doug martin/ Dwayne Allen/* just to name a few...
    [/quote]

linebacker prospect."

Ill be the 1st to admit, I havent seen much of him cept the highlights ppl make. I have a hard time judging by just those. I always have to remind myself that often those are promotional and dont show the negatives(not redeye of course). There isnt a bunch out there on this kid either.
    [/quote]I will put some more up.The thing that I like is he has those long arms.its easy for him to shed lineman

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="BlueSanta"]Emmanuel Acho (Lb, Texas)has been very impressive in passrushing drills too. He has shown versatility in practice with the ability to move around to different LB positions.

[/quote]

linebacker prospect."

[/quote] Ya i've seen him a couple times now and done tons of re-search and everything i read or find out or what i've seen has been incredible impressive.. Utah St as a hole is a fun team to follow..

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Redeyejedi"] Not much going on this year though. Most of those numbers came his freshman year I still have his 2010 game vs Nevada. I want to see if he matches up with Virgil green any[/quote] Yea, I wonder if he was doing different things... IE- I know he was actually playing a bit of corner earlier in his college career, maybe as he got older they moved him more and more to deep third, where you just dont get as many opportunities to get your hands on the ball, especially if teams respect you and try to keep it away from you.[/quote]A guy on a draft board told me to look at his 2010 tape because the corner play was better.He said Ilokka had trouble this season in zone because of how bad the corner play was im going to take his word for it and check it out.I havent watched him much either season but I remember thinking he looked better last year

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Redeyejedi"] Not much going on this year though. Most of those numbers came his freshman year I still have his 2010 game vs Nevada. I want to see if he matches up with Virgil green any[/quote] Yea, I wonder if he was doing different things... IE- I know he was actually playing a bit of corner earlier in his college career, maybe as he got older they moved him more and more to deep third, where you just dont get as many opportunities to get your hands on the ball, especially if teams respect you and try to keep it away from you.[/quote]A guy on a draft board told me to look at his 2010 tape because the corner play was better.He said Iloka had trouble this season in zone because of how bad the corner play was. *Im going to take his word for it and check it out.I havent watched much of him either season but I remember thinking he looked better last year.