+ Reply to Thread
Page 346 of 562 FirstFirst ... 246296336344345346347348356396446 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,460 of 5613

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

[quote user="Neverend"]I actually like that ingram, martin comparison. Both extremely balanced, polished, low to the ground runners without elite speed. obviously martin didn't face the level of competition and had the career ingram had, but as far as skill sets go its a good comparison.[/quote] I think Martin might be a more complete back, being able to return kicks and catch very well, but i'd give the edge to Ingram in the power game, all though Martin is no slouch there either.. I love Doug Martin as a prospect, and don't feel i'm way out tehre when i say, he could be the 2nd best RB in this class, and the next RB in the class of the MJD's and Ray Rices... I woudlen't be shocked if we look back in a couple yrs and Martin is one of the best backs in the league...

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Neverend"]I actually like that ingram, martin comparison. Both extremely balanced, polished, low to the ground runners without elite speed. obviously martin didn't face the level of competition and had the career ingram had, but as far as skill sets go its a good comparison.[/quote]* I think Martin might be a more complete back,* being able to return kicks and catch very well, but i'd give the edge to Ingram in the power game, all though Martin is no slouch there either..* I love Doug Martin as a prospect, and don't feel i'm way out tehre when i say, he could be the 2nd best RB in this class, and the next* RB in the class of the MJD's and Ray Rices...* I woudlen't be shocked if we look back in a couple yrs and Martin is one of the best backs in the league...[/quote]I could also see a team with a big need at RB selecting him 2nd behind Trent Richardson due to what he can bring to the table but I don't think we'll see any other RB's being selected in the 1st. My guess is Doug Martin goes in the early 2nd to mid 3rd round area.

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="BigBlue2010"]How many rounds are you doing Redeye? I'm beginning to think Giants get great value going DL #1, CB #2 TE/OL 3 & 4 and then hear everyone say Jerry slaughtered the draft. I'm very curious to see how your draft goes.[/quote]Its 7 Rounds its on [link]http://nfldraftwizard.com/[/link] 17. Cincinnati Bengals (OAK): Kendall Wright-Wide Receiver-Baylor 18. San Diego Chargers: Jonathan Martin-Offensive Tackle-Stanford 19. Chicago Bears: Dre Kirkpatrick-Cornerback-Alabama 20. Tennessee Titans: Peter Konz-Center/Guard-Wisconsin 21. Denver Broncos (CIN): Stephen Hill-Wide Receiver-Georgia Tech 22. St. Louis Rams (CLE): Fletcher Cox-Defensive Tackle-Mississippi State 23. Houston Texans (Det): Mohamed Sanu-Wide Receiver-Rutgers I was hoping Cox fell to me. The Rams draft has been great they ended up with Claiborne and Cox after trading the 2nd pick[/quote] In possibly the deepest WR class ever(ya i said ever), where u coulden't convince me if u tried that guys like Juron Criner, Tommy Streeter, Ty Hilton, Marv McNutt, Brian Quick, Marvin Jones, Joe Adams, Jarious Wright, Nick Toon, Jeff Fuller, Dwight Jones, Chris Givens, Aj Jenkins, Rueben Randle, and Ryan Broyles, coulden't possibly be better then guys like Sanu and Stephen Hill,* u got Hill and Sanu going in the TOP 23???lol** I hope those Guys GM in the real draft![/quote]I like these WR's but I think i will wait and take one who falls in the 3rd or 4th round. Fleener is the easy pick for me to make. Its 1 u cant really argue with[/quote] Ya, thats what i'm saying.. The people were taking Sanu and Hill before pick 25 in the draft are crazy, with all the depth there is..**

I agree Fleener is a great choice, but anyhthing but easy when u got a Athletic, strong, bigtime motor DE in Mercilus on the board...* I personally would take mercilus, as hes a turnover creating machine, but* Fleener is also a awesome choice..

[/quote]I went safe. When I do one after FA he may be the choice. At the moment it was easier to take a day 1 starter then a player who would be 5th at best for snaps at DE next season. If Osi doesnt get an extension, Giants sign a FA TE my mind will be changed. I do think Mercilus and Branch are better players though

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Man the Saints are in some trouble Im seeing that Lawyers are looking to file law suits for players that got injured while there bounties were going on[/quote]Yeah, I heard about this. Crazy s***, they could lose draft picks, fines/suspensions for coaches, ect.

NEW YORK (AP) ? New Orleans Saints players and at
    least one assistant coach maintained a bounty pool of up to $50,000 the
    last three seasons to reward game-ending injuries inflicted on opposing
    players, including Brett Favre and Kurt Warner, the NFL said Friday.
    "Knockouts" were worth $1,500 and "cart-offs" $1,000, with payments
    doubled or tripled for the playoffs.
    The NFL said the pool amounts reached their height in 2009, the year the Saints won the Super Bowl.
    The
    league said between 22 and 27 defensive players were involved in the
    program and that it was administered by defensive coordinator Gregg
    Williams, with the knowledge of coach Sean Payton.

Canes QB Stephen Morris had back surgery and is expected to be out for spring practice. Tough break for the Hurricanes-

Veteran

While I definitely agree that Martin could be the 2nd best RB in the draft, I think Wilson and Miller will go first, based on their "home run" threat (ie: long speed). I like Martin better than either one of them, but I think he's going to be a guy where GM's talk themselves out of the pick.

Also, I hope people don't sleep on Robert Trubin. He's practically a clone of Martin. I bit faster in the straight line, but a bit worse in tight spaces... he'll be a great value pick in 3-4rd range.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Man the Saints are in some trouble Im seeing that Lawyers are looking to file law suits for players that got injured while there bounties were going on[/quote]

Oh, the Saints are going to get CRUSHED by Goddell. Not only were they defying the salary cap, but very publicly trying to injure players... and it was instituted by the coaching staff. Players doing it amongst themselves is one thing, but when its the organization encouraging it... There is going to be hell to pay.

Mass player suspensions, coaching staff suspensions (Williams in St. Louis as well), and maybe the loss of several draft picks. Probably 500K in fines too.

Redeye, you plan on starting a top 100 thread?

[quote user="TheEnigma"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Neverend"]I actually like that ingram, martin comparison. Both extremely balanced, polished, low to the ground runners without elite speed. obviously martin didn't face the level of competition and had the career ingram had, but as far as skill sets go its a good comparison.[/quote] I think Martin might be a more complete back, being able to return kicks and catch very well, but i'd give the edge to Ingram in the power game, all though Martin is no slouch there either.. I love Doug Martin as a prospect, and don't feel i'm way out tehre when i say, he could be the 2nd best RB in this class, and the next RB in the class of the MJD's and Ray Rices... I woudlen't be shocked if we look back in a couple yrs and Martin is one of the best backs in the league...[/quote]I could also see a team with a big need at RB selecting him 2nd behind Trent Richardson due to what he can bring to the table but I don't think we'll see any other RB's being selected in the 1st. My guess is Doug Martin goes in the early 2nd to mid 3rd round area.[/quote] I'd be surprised if he makes it 10picks into the 2nd rd personally..

This MB needs a top 100 prospect thread. I'll probably start one in the next few days unless someone beats me to it.

[quote user="TheEnigma"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]2nd round Im hoping for either Casey Heyward, Trumaine Johnson ,George Illoka, Amini Silatolu, or Bobby Massie.[/quote]I think Trumaine Johnson would be the best value pick in my opinion.[/quote]Thats who I picked. It pained me not to take Amini Silatolu but there is still good lineman left Silatolu,Zeitler,Massie,Brooks. I might try to trade up and get Silatolu.