+ Reply to Thread
Page 352 of 562 FirstFirst ... 252302342350351352353354362402452 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,520 of 5613

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

Greg Childs killed it at his proday! Ran a sub 4.5 and had a 40.5 inch vert at 6ft 3in 219! Dudes very underrated due to having a injury ravaged season where he didn't get much production... I'm telling ya, if hes on the board in the RD 5-7 area, hes gonna be tough to pass on...

welp, looks like Whitney Mercilus impressed yet again, this time at his proday.. The first bigtime prospect to actually participate in the on field drills at his proday which again speaks volumes to the kids confidence in his abilitys, as he showed he feels capable of doing just as well again in the drills, as he all ready did pretty dang good at the combine... This kids insane just as i've been saying and is only rising and rising.. Hes appealing to all teams, both 3/4 and 4/3..

Mercilus a big draw at Illinois' Pro Day

Posted on: March 6, 2012 5:49 pm

Edited on: March 6, 2012 5:56 pm

Illinois defensive end Whitney Mercilus became the first top prospect to participate in agility tests during the Pro Day season, running an impressive 4.38-second short shuttle and a 7.03-second three-cone drill, according to NFL.com.

One of 18 prospects to work out in front of representatives from all 32 NFL teams for Tuesday's indoor workout on field turf, Mercilus is trying to prove he can transition to edge rusher in a 3-4 scheme if asked. Rated as the No. 3 defensive end prospect and No. 26 overall by NFLDraftScout.com, Mercilus measured in at 6-3 7/8, 258 pounds.

Offensive tackle Jeff Allen, a rising prospect looking to crack the top three rounds, stood on his workout numbers from the Scouting Combine, although he did run a 4.78 short shuttle and 7.57 three-cone drill.

A.J. Jenkins is the 18th-rated wide receiver by NFLDraftScout.com. He ran a 4.06 short shuttle and a 6.73 three-cone drill.

Cornerback Tavon Wilson is a fringe draft prospect who ran 4.5 and 4.55-second 40-yard dashes to go along with a 32-inch vertical jump, 10"4' brad jump, 4.16 short shuttle, 7.04 three-cone drill and bench pressed 225 pounds 17 times.

But there was no doubt the scouts were on hand primarily to take in Mercilus' workout. He's one of the first-round's biggest enigmas. After two mediocre season's at Illinois, he busted out as the nation's top defensive end with 16 sacks, nine forced fumbles and a whopping 22.5 tackles for loss.

"I just have a knack for it," he said at the Combine, where he ran a 4.68 40, fourth-best among defensive linemen in attendance. "Throughout the game I was able to watch the quarterback's movements and just see him open up and then I just go in there and just knock it away."

He alsobenched 225 pounds 27 times, had a 32-inch vertical jump, a 118-inch broad jump, a 7.17 three-cone drill and a 4.53 in the short shuttle in Indianapolis.

Scouts gush a list of positives traits, including quickness, agility, strength, instincts, condition, attitude ... and he is just beginning to mature and could be a great outside linebacker. Reaching for comparisons, they mention names like Simeon Rice, Dwight Freeney, Richard Dent, and even the great Reggie White.

The U.S. born son of parents who emigrated from Haiti in the 1980s, Mercilus played mostly soccer until high school. His 2011 season had an auspicious beginning when lost the tip of his left index finger last spring in a weight-room accident. Teammates were shocked when he light-heartedly dismissed the injury as only a bother when he played the keyboard or tried to pick up coins.

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]

Redeyes Draft is looking very nice so far...

1. Coby Fleener TE Stanford

2. Trumaine Johnson CB/FS Montana

3. Bobbie Massie OT Ole Miss

4. Dajohn Harris DT U.S.C

5. Nigel Bradham OLB Florida St

[/quote]No complaints w/ this right here. I'm not sure if Massie will still be on the board at the tail end of round 3 though. Same goes w/ Dajohn Harris and Nigel Bradham. Aren't they projected to go higher than this?

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]Greg Childs killed it at his proday! Ran a sub 4.5 and had a 40.5 inch vert at 6ft 3in 219! Dudes very underrated due to having a injury ravaged season where he didn't get much production... I'm telling ya, if hes on the board in the RD 5-7 area, hes gonna be tough to pass on...[/quote]Yes he did, Childs is a solid prospect. Pretty sure he had Ryan Mallett throwing him the ball in positional drills. Great pro day for Childs!

Re: A look at the 2011 NFL draft

[quote user="bronxvgiant"]Alshon Jeffrey would be awesome,Poe and Decastro[/quote]Forget about Poe and Decastro being available at 32.

Joe Adams didn't seem to help himself any on his Pro Day. He ran a 4.55 at the combine, and ran a 4.55 at his Pro Day. I really thought Adams was much faster than that. NflDraftScout.com has all 3 (Wright, Adams, and Childs) Arkansas receivers as day 3 picks.

[quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]

*Redeyes Draft is looking very nice so far...

[/quote]No complaints w/ this right here. I'm not sure if Massie will still be on the board at the tail end of round 3 though. Same goes w/ Dajohn Harris and Nigel Bradham. Aren't they projected to go higher than this?
    [/quote]Yeah they were on the board when I picked. Nigel Bradham for the most part Ive seen late 3 early 4 I got him with the last pick of the 5th. Bradham has instinct problems so I think he may go later then most are predicting.Where im getting him though its Special teams at worst and his size/speed is great for that. Massie in another expert mock went pick #52 I got him at #95. Harris, Wes Bunting for instance has #84 overall on his top 100. I got him at #127. Trumaine Johnson is about right I think. A bunch of GM's got upset when I made that pick because they wanted him. The top CB's and Safeties went early I wouldnt of got one if I waited. Fleener ended up being my worst valued pick depending on who u listen to. I think he is well worth the pick. Others who just look at him as a TE will disagree. I look at Fleener as a playmaker, an offensive weapon. He averaged almost 20 YPC and scored 10 Touchdowns. I think people dont see the potential thats here. Ballard is not a Seam stretcher, Fleener is. Now think about this when Fleener runs the Seam he will attract a LB short and a safety deep freeing the middle for crossing patterns to Nicks and Cruz who will have 1 less guy in the box to have to beat. Fleener will further widen the field for the Giants and give them another red zone option.

I wanted a RB but people kept taking them a little early I think. Im hoping to nab Vick Ballard in the 6th put it probably wont happen.
    In the 2nd round Polk,James,Pead,Turbin, and Hillman went. I was eyeing Terrance Gannawy and Tauren Poole for the 6th but both got picked l in the 5th.

Vick Ballard
    Cyrus Gray
    Marc Tyler
    Davin Megget

are options

at WR I was upset TJ Graham got picked. Im looking at Greg Childs and Gerrel Robinson

If I end up with Greg Childs,Vick Ballard or Cyrus Gray in the 6th I will be very happy

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]

Redeyes Draft is looking very nice so far...

[/quote]Yeah they were on the board when I picked. Nigel Bradham for the most part Ive seen late 3 early 4 I got him with the last pick of the 5th. Bradham has instinct problems so I think he may go later then most are predicting.Where im getting him though its Special teams at worst and his size/speed is great for that. Massie in another expert mock went pick #52 I got him at #95. Harris, Wes Bunting for instance has #84 overall on his top 100. I got him at #127. Trumaine Johnson is about right I think. A bunch of GM's got upset when I made that pick because they wanted him. The top CB's and Safeties went early I wouldnt of got one if I waited. Fleener ended up being my worst valued pick depending on who u listen to. I think he is well worth the pick. Others who just look at him as a TE will disagree. I look at Fleener as a playmaker, an offensive weapon. He averaged almost 20 YPC and scored 10 Touchdowns. I think people dont see the potential thats here. Ballard is not a Seam stretcher, Fleener is. Now think about this when Fleener runs the Seam he will attract a LB short and a safety deep freeing the middle for crossing patterns to Nicks and Cruz who will have 1 less guy in the box to have to beat. Fleener will further widen the field for the Giants and give them another red zone option.[/quote]Yeah, this mock looks really good, it fills need and you're getting really great value at the same time. Where are rounds 6 and 7? We'll know about the comp picks at the end of the month, right?

Apparently Dre Kirkpatrick didn't interview well at all at the combine. Not really surprising though, after watching him talk on NSD, he didn't appear to be the sharpest to say the least. He's a great DB and hell of a football player though, he should excell in the NFL whether it be at CB or S.

[quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]

*Redeyes Draft is looking very nice so far...

[/quote]Yeah they were on the board when I picked. Nigel Bradham for the most part Ive seen late 3 early 4 I got him with the last pick of the 5th. Bradham has instinct problems so I think he may go later then most are predicting.Where im getting him though its Special teams at worst and his size/speed is great for that. Massie in another expert mock went pick #52 I got him at #95. Harris, Wes Bunting for instance has #84 overall on his top 100. I got him at #127. Trumaine Johnson is about right I think. A bunch of GM's got upset when I made that pick because they wanted him. The top CB's and Safeties went early I wouldnt of got one if I waited. Fleener ended up being my worst valued pick depending on who u listen to. I think he is well worth the pick. Others who just look at him as a TE will disagree. I look at Fleener as a playmaker, an offensive weapon. He averaged almost 20 YPC and scored 10 Touchdowns. I think people dont see the potential thats here. Ballard is not a Seam stretcher, Fleener is. Now think about this when Fleener runs the Seam he will attract a LB short and a safety deep freeing the middle for crossing patterns to Nicks and Cruz who will have 1 less guy in the box to have to beat. Fleener will further widen the field for the Giants and give them another red zone option.[/quote]Yeah, this mock looks really good, it fills need and you're getting really great value at the same time. Where are rounds 6 and 7? We'll know about the comp picks at the end of the month, right?
    [/quote]6 and 7 are today no Comp picks yet. The one after FA will have them