+ Reply to Thread
Page 359 of 562 FirstFirst ... 259309349357358359360361369409459 ... LastLast
Results 3,581 to 3,590 of 5613

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]Giants reportedly spent a lot of time with Chandler Jones not surprising with his 85 3/8 Wingspan and 35 1/2 " arms. [link]http://www.pressconnects.com/article/20120308/SPORTS/203080407/Chandler-Jones-draws-crowd-Syracuse-s-Pro-Day?odyssey=mod%7Cnewswell%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE%7Cs[/link][/quote]

As I said in the other thread, I think he is a very big possibility for us. He is a natural LDE and with Tuck's injuries mounting we have lacked a natural LDE to replace/ spell him.

We have lined up JPP in place of an injured Tuck, and he did well, but his production on the right side was way better. He is much more natural on the right.

We have lined up Tolly to spell Tuck, and he did well in passrush situations but suffered vs the run.

We lined up Canty occasionally too, but he didnt garner much passrush from the position.

Jones is a perfect fit for our defense.
    [/quote] Good Call with Jones

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="tonyt830"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]

Rumour Has it that Stephon Gilmore is right there with Dre Kirkpatrick as the Number 2 ranked CB in this yrs draft, which comes to no surprise for me, as i've been saying i'm not high on Dre Kirkpatrick, and presonally, i have Casey Hayward ranked higher as well as Gilmore.. I just don't see Kirkpatrick as more then a Dominque Rodgers-Cromartie type CB at his best... Heres my personal CB rankings, and u guys might laugh, because of how down i am on Dre Kirkpatrick..

1. Morris Claiborne LSU

2. Casey Hayward Vandy- God, i love this kids game!

3. Janoris Jenkins No Ala

4. Stephon Gilmore S.Carolina

5. Josh Robinson UCF

6. Brandon Boykin Georgia

7. Dre Kirkpatrick Bama

8. Leonard Johson Iowa St

9. Jamell Fleming Oklahoma

10. Omar Bolden- Kinda my sleeper CB.. I really like Bolden.. If healthy, he'd be sure 2nd rder...

Guys i don't like- Jayron Hosley, Dwight Bently, Cliff Harris, Alphonso Dennard... I also got Trumaine Johnson more as a FS then CB... I love Trumaine Johnson by the way! I like the Giants, like my CB's to have a bit of size to em, hence im just not a fan of guys like Cliff Harris and Jayron Hosley.. I make a exception for some, ala Brandon Boykin..

[/quote]I agree with your list. I'm sure Claiborne, Jenkins and probably Kirkpatrick will be gone by 32. But I would not be disappointed with Gilmore, Robinson, Hayward or Fleming in the 2nd-4th rd area. I too am a Hayward fan, hell I pull for Vandy living down here in the Nashville area. So when I see a Vandy player getting some love from the media and analysts, it makes me want them to succeed that much more. And what I like about Boykin from Georgia, is that he can contribute in the kick return game.[/quote] Ya, Boykins versatility is something i really like.. Heck, he can play some WR if u want as well.. He also plays bigger then he is... Hayward is just a all around stud.. I don't care if he dosen't run a 4.4 or something, the guy has great instincts and technique.. Hes no slouch against the run, and flat out makes plays.. Hes gonna be such a well rounded CB in this league.. I think whoever gets Hayward, is gonna get RD 1 production, and a future probowler.. I don't see how teams aren't seeing this, but come draft day, we'll see where he goes...[/quote]I think Kirkpatrick is going to end up at safety. He is physical enough for it. Gilmore fits the Giant mold at CB. I could see them selecting him[/quote] Ya, Gilmore is a guy i could see the Giants covet bigtime... Good Run Defender with size, and has some upside to boot...

Haven't heard much talk on Michigan WRJunior Hemingway. 6"1, 225 lbs, ran a 4.53 40. His production seemed to increase every year at Michigan. Projected to go somewhere in the mid-rounds. Thoughts on Hemingway?
      [*]Three-cone: 6.59 seconds, first out of 26 receivers[*]20-yard shuttle: 3.98 seconds, tied for first out of 26 receivers[*]60-yard shuttle: 11.16 seconds, 2nd out of 13 receivers[/list]

Another guy I haven't seen much talk about his Drake Dunsmore (TE) Northwestern. Ran a 4.64 40, and also recorded the quickest short shuttle (4.03) and three-cone (6.73) times of all tight ends. Solid production as well, 143 catches for over 1500 yards and 14 TD's in his 4 years at Northwestern. Projected as a mid-late round pick. Thoughts?

[quote user="heavyhitter"]Another guy I haven't seen much talk about his Drake Dunsmore (TE) Northwestern. Ran a 4.64 40, and also recorded the quickest short shuttle (4.03) and three-cone (6.73) times of all tight ends. Solid production as well, 143 catches for over 1500 yards and 14 TD's in his 4 years at Northwestern. Projected as a mid-late round pick. Thoughts?
    [/quote] Reminds me of jacob tamme... Not a bad sleeper, but i don't know if were not better off just keeping Bear Pascoe, who blocks better..

[quote user="heavyhitter"]Haven't heard much talk on Michigan WRJunior Hemingway. 6"1, 225 lbs, ran a 4.53 40. His production seemed to increase every year at Michigan. Projected to go somewhere in the mid-rounds. Thoughts on Hemingway?

• Three-cone: 6.59 seconds, first out of 26 receivers
    • 20-yard shuttle: 3.98 seconds, tied for first out of 26 receivers
    • 60-yard shuttle: 11.16 seconds, 2nd out of 13 receivers
    • [/list][/quote] Its so funny u mention Hemmingway, because hes a guy i like as a real late rd sleeper or even a possible UDF as well.. I totally agreee with u on hemmingway.. Hes a guy who could be a real tough matchup for smaller DB's, and hold his own physically against the bigger DB's..

giants love the michigan wr's like toomer and manningham

Good Call on everyone who thought the Redskins was where RG3 would land.. The Browns are idiots for letting him get away... Now the Browns will get Ryan Tannehill and be in the same loser perdicement there always in..

Walts Partner Charlie Campbell added a RD 5 to his Mock, mainly because the Skins/Rams trade, and this is how hes got our Giants going.. I don't love it, but there is a couple picks i'm happy about, mainly Broyles in RD 4 and Cole in RD 3...

1. David Wilson RB Va Tech

2. Jeff Allen OT Illinois

3. Audie Cole LB Nc State- Hes a player i think Giants will surely Covet

4. Ryan Broyles WR Oklahoma- A steal here in RD 4, and will kill mario's production if healthy...

5. Evan Rodriguez TE Temple- I like em, but dont' see the big upgrade over Bear Pascoe...