+ Reply to Thread
Page 364 of 562 FirstFirst ... 264314354362363364365366374414464 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,640 of 5613

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

[quote user="heavyhitter"]

First Draft: Doug Martin

[/quote] As probably Doug Martins biggest fan, its kinda hard to like this guy anymore then i have, but i gotta say, I actually found alittle room to like em just a bit more after watching that.. The guy comes off as confident but not overly ****y, and just seems like a good kid.. As i've said before, hes the complete package, with Balance, can cut on a dime, power, catching ability, breakaway speed, burst, blocking ability..etc, and as he said, hes in the mold of a Ray Rice, and i will add MJD as well.. I've said that all along... I've called this kid the 2nd best back in this draft for a couple months now, and i stand by that.. I'd take him in the late 1st, and be totally confident in what i'm gonna get production wise outta him, as far as living up that pick... I was watching some film on him just the other day again, and its sickening, how much he brings to the table.. There is really nothing he lacks as a RB...

Who is this kid, and how the hell'd he put up that many reps on the bench???lol

2012 NFL Draft Pro Day Notes:

Alex Hoffman-Ellis, OLB, Washington State:
    Washington State wasn't going to draw much attention this year, but Alex Hoffman-Ellis put on a show. He ran a 4.54 at 6-0, 233, and somehow managed to post 36 reps of 225. He could be a late-round pick with upside.

Tony Pauline of SI reports that his sources say that Mike Adams OT Ohio St is the "apple of the steelers eye"..lol Now, if that dosen't go to show u that teams covet certain players, then i don't know what does.. I mean, Mike Adams just seems like a STEELER type player, in every which way.. If i made a thread " Prospects u think steelers will covet", Mike Adams would top the chart.. I love the freaking draft!

Veteran

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"]

[/quote] As probably Doug Martins biggest fan, its kinda hard to like this guy anymore then i have, but i gotta say, I actually found alittle room to like em just a bit more after watching that.. The guy comes off as confident but not overly ****y, and just seems like a good kid.. As i've said before, hes the complete package, with Balance, can cut on a dime, power, catching ability, breakaway speed, burst, blocking ability..etc, and as he said, hes in the mold of a Ray Rice, and i will add MJD as well.. I've said that all along... I've called this kid the 2nd best back in this draft for a couple months now, and i stand by that.. I'd take him in the late 1st, and be totally confident in what i'm gonna get production wise outta him, as far as living up that pick... I was watching some film on him just the other day again, and its sickening, how much he brings to the table.. There is really nothing he lacks as a RB...[/quote]

the ONLY thing you could say Martin lacks is "Elite" breakaway speed (ie: Chris Johnson, LaMicheal James, Da'Rell Scott).

Its a lame excuse not to draft him, considering how much else he brings to the table.

I'd LOVE to see him in Blue next year, but if not, I'm perfectly fine with drafting Robert Turbin too []

[quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"]

[/quote] As probably Doug Martins biggest fan, its kinda hard to like this guy anymore then i have, but i gotta say, I actually found alittle room to like em just a bit more after watching that.. The guy comes off as confident but not overly ****y, and just seems like a good kid.. As i've said before, hes the complete package, with Balance, can cut on a dime, power, catching ability, breakaway speed, burst, blocking ability..etc, and as he said, hes in the mold of a Ray Rice, and i will add MJD as well.. I've said that all along... I've called this kid the 2nd best back in this draft for a couple months now, and i stand by that.. I'd take him in the late 1st, and be totally confident in what i'm gonna get production wise outta him, as far as living up that pick... I was watching some film on him just the other day again, and its sickening, how much he brings to the table.. There is really nothing he lacks as a RB...[/quote]

the ONLY thing you could say Martin lacks is "Elite" breakaway speed (ie: Chris Johnson, LaMicheal James, Da'Rell Scott).

Its a lame excuse not to draft him, considering how much else he brings to the table.

I'd LOVE to see him in Blue next year, but if not, I'm perfectly fine with drafting Robert Turbin too []Turbin is projected to go somewhere in the mid rounds, right?
    [/quote]

[quote user="heavyhitter"]

Childs impresses at Arkansas proday

Kirkpatrick wows during Alabamaís proday

Wilson d***les, Konz sits at Wisconsin proday

USC proday

Fletcher cements status at Mississippi State proday

Mayock: Clemson trio didnít disappoint at proday

Pro day roundup: Mississippi, Northwestern,Ohio

Crick shows strength at Nebraska proday

[/quote]

In the other thread about players we like for the Giants, I mentioned Childs because to me, he is 1 of a few mid/late round prospects who are considered "outside" guys, which is what I feel we need.

After the 1st round talents, this Wr class is strongest in guys who would line up in the slot. I feel it would be a shame to remove Cruz from that role since he is the best slot guy in the NFL. A guy like Childs is a mid round option to help fill MM's shoes.

[quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"]

I'd LOVE to see him in Blue next year, but if not, I'm perfectly fine with drafting Robert Turbin too []
    [/quote] Oh, i dissagree.. Hes totally got break away speed.. Even in this paticular play, which is off a little dump off pass, he still gets to full speed and bursn the secondary like nothing.. Also, i've seen him just fly on KO's, including the Opening KO against Arz St in bowl game... Even off contact, he still bairly breaks stride and can get to top gear so quickly, its scary..

Doug Martin Another Crazy Run 84 Yard TD Vs. Utah - YouTube

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"]

[/quote] Oh, i dissagree.. Hes totally got break away speed.. Even in this paticular play, which is off a little dump off pass, he still gets to full speed and bursn the secondary like nothing.. Also, i've seen him just fly on KO's, including the Opening KO against Arz St in bowl game... Even off contact, he still bairly breaks stride and can get to top gear so quickly, its scary..

Doug Martin Another Crazy Run 84 Yard TD Vs. Utah - YouTube

[/quote] whoops, that TD i pasted was off a run play, this one is where he does it on a dumpoff.. I know highlight films are dudes best plays, but please watch this DOUG MARTIn highlight film!!! I beg u!!!!!lol Its just a complete back, to the fullest definition! The balance, explosion, hands, speed, is incredible!