+ Reply to Thread
Page 384 of 562 FirstFirst ... 284334374382383384385386394434484 ... LastLast
Results 3,831 to 3,840 of 5613

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Ive been looking at 2013 prospects a lot lately and David Amerson is incredible. The quickness he has for being 6-3 194 is incredible.What a Ballhawk as well[/quote] Ya, i totally agree with you.. I think hes a top 10pick.. Johnathan Banks CB Miss St is another guy whos really good, but not as good as amerson...

ny Pauline?@TonyPauline
    Have not seen this reported anywhere but Devon Wylie/WR/Fresno State will be visiting the New York Giants....

I like it. I remember watching some of his scouting videos the other day and came away impressed. this guy has got a really good combination of quickness and speed.

issue is.. can he play outside in the nfl? i think out of all the great slot receivers (broyles, hilton, etc) he may have the best chance since hes really laterally quick off the line

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]Ive been looking at 2013 prospects a lot lately and David Amerson is incredible. The quickness he has for being 6-3 194 is incredible.What a Ballhawk as well[/quote] Ya, i totally agree with you..* I think hes a top 10pick..*** Johnathan Banks CB Miss St is another guy whos really good, but not as good as amerson...[/quote]Amerson is an insane Ballhawk ,13 Interceptions in 2011. He has the size at 6-3 194.

For those who didnt see the 1 st I put up on him.

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN3QokFVyNM[/link]

I have more coming.Ive been cutting 2013 vids here and there. Im trying to get the best performances and Match ups done. Honestly a little board with 2012 prospects. Im ready to start breaking down the rich 2013 pass rushers. Most of them are Juniors though.I just want the draft to get here so I can start looking at the players the Giants drafted more closely

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Who goes number 1 in 2013, Matt Barkley, Logan Thomas. Im so bored with 2012 prospects. Cant wait till I see who the Giants pick so I can go cut there tapes. Next year Im taking a different strategy with prospect cutting. This year I went and got all the big name performances to get the most views each week. Next year Im going to grab all the small school games first. Now I cant find any of the games I want but all the Big School games I can still get. No one seems to keep the small school games for very ling on there hard drive.[/quote] I think it depends on whos picking 1st overall, but most likely i see Matt Barkley as the Number 1 overall pick.. He really impressed me this past season..

I will say, i think Shoelace is gonna win the Heisman though.. I got a feeling Michigans gonna be Rose Bowl bound and Shoelace is gonna be Heisman bound... I love Fitzgerald Toussiant as well.. They got some issues though, but i think Denard Robsinson is gonna have a silly good season offensively.. The one question standing in there way in my opinon, is if Roy Roundtree, Jeremey Gallon, and Drew Dileo can step up in the pass catching game, and can the Dline produce minus Van Bergen and M.Martin? I cant wait for that Alabama/Michigan Sept 1st contest!!!!!!!

[/quote]

Looking forward to that game as well, but I personally think this one is going to be a bit of a dud. I don't think Michigan matches up well with Alabama, although Alabma did lose A LOT of talent and leadership on defense. I'm not sure Michigan's defense can slow down Alabama's offense and Denard is going to have a really hard time. I think Alabama will win by 13+. If Denard uses his arm more than his legs and can put pressure on that young secondary, then Michigan's chances skyrocket... but they are big and fast in that front 7 and have a trend going of spanking their first big OOC opponent.

[quote user="critters"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Who goes number 1 in 2013, Matt Barkley, Logan Thomas. Im so bored with 2012 prospects. Cant wait till I see who the Giants pick so I can go cut there tapes. Next year Im taking a different strategy with prospect cutting. This year I went and got all the big name performances to get the most views each week. Next year Im going to grab all the small school games first. Now I cant find any of the games I want but all the Big School games I can still get. No one seems to keep the small school games for very ling on there hard drive.[/quote] I think it depends on whos picking 1st overall, but most likely i see Matt Barkley as the Number 1 overall pick.. He really impressed me this past season..

I will say, i think Shoelace is gonna win the Heisman though.. I got a feeling Michigans gonna be Rose Bowl bound and Shoelace is gonna be Heisman bound... I love Fitzgerald Toussiant as well.. They got some issues though, but i think Denard Robsinson is gonna have a silly good season offensively.. The one question standing in there way in my opinon, is if Roy Roundtree, Jeremey Gallon, and Drew Dileo can step up in the pass catching game, and can the Dline produce minus Van Bergen and M.Martin? I cant wait for that Alabama/Michigan Sept 1st contest!!!!!!!

[/quote]

Looking forward to that game as well, but I personally think this one is going to be a bit of a dud. I don't think Michigan matches up well with Alabama, although Alabma did lose A LOT of talent and leadership on defense. I'm not sure Michigan's defense can slow down Alabama's offense and Denard is going to have a really hard time. I think Alabama will win by 13+. If Denard uses his arm more than his legs and can put pressure on that young secondary, then Michigan's chances skyrocket... but they are big and fast in that front 7 and have a trend going of spanking their first big OOC opponent.
    [/quote] I think Denard Robinson takes the next step forward this yr, and improves his passing a bit, whi9ch makes him a better dual threat, then just being a runner.. Losing Menzie, Richardson, Vlachos, Hightower, Maze, Kirkpatrick, Chapman, is gonna effect them at least alittle bit.. I don't nessecarily think Mich wins, but i do think the games a close one, just because of Denrad/Toussiant combonation..

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="critters"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]

[/quote]

[/quote] I think Denard Robinson takes the next step forward this yr, and improves his passing a bit, whi9ch makes him a better dual threat, then just being a runner.. Losing Menzie, Richardson, Vlachos, Hightower, Maze, Kirkpatrick, Chapman, is gonna effect them at least alittle bit.. I don't nessecarily think Mich wins, but i do think the games a close one, just because of Denrad/Toussiant combonation..[/quote]

Losing Menzie, Kirkpatrick and Barron will hurt the most if Denard does indeed make a big step forward in his passing. They do return a previous starter in Milliner (before Menzie took his spot) and they still have Lester at safety... but otherwise they have some major question marks at DB. That front 7 though is why I think Denard has to throw a good bit... Dial, Williams and Square are all returning starters on the Dline while Nico Johnson, CJ Mosley and DePriest are all returning starters or heavy contributors at LB. Alabama seemed to rely heavily on Upshaw's pass rush which will be gone now as well. If they can't get pressure on Denard, he could have a big day... but otherwise, running qbs seem to have very little success against Saban's defense.

On offense, Alabama should have one of the best Olines in the country and should still have some good RBs and their receivers should be improved. Not to mention, AJ McCarron will have a championship year under his belt and returning for his 2nd year as a starter. I have to think he's going to be pretty good. Guess we'll see, but I'm honestly picturing about a 34-17 type of game. I could very easily be underestimating what Michigan is capable of and overestimating Alabama's offense.

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="nevada11"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="nevada11"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]

[quote user="nevada11"]green is overrated. i have watched him a lot. he is stiff. he is big and fast but he drops a lot of balls. he loses a lot of one-on-one 50/50 balls, he is an underachiever i would rather take egnew than that overrated TE[/quote] Egnew sucks..* He has no upside at all, and* Green's upside is through the roof. With a good TE coach, Green could become a star in this league, i see Egnew as just another guy, in a long list of Mizzo TE's that end up being just another guy...* Green has produced when given the chance against TOP competiton all ready, going* 4recpt 87yrd 1td against GA, and* 6recept 64yrd against LSU..

Egnew isn't gonna beat u vertically either, and Green is very capable of doing that, as well as underneath..*** Green is more of a redzone threat as well, and simply capable of scoring more, because of his ability to go anywhere on the feild, as opposed to just mainly underneath stuff.. I'll take Green over Egnew everyday and twice on sundays.. Its not even close really..

[/quote] He "sucks". Has "no" upside. Wow, werent you gushing about him a few pages ago in this very thread? I guess people flip flop a lot nowadays[/quote] uhh, no...[/quote] U were saying a few days ago that u love egnew and u think he would be a great reese draft pick. u said ur only concern is u worry how mizzou tight ends has transitioned into the nfl. now he just sucks...out of nowhere[/quote]* uhh, no i didn't..lol* I've said before that Mizzo TE's are usually busts, and he is probably the next in line for just that, but thats about all..* The most compliments hes ever gotten outta me was at the combine, when i slightly got excited, but then that wore off, and i realized, screw that,* guy only had 8 TDS in his career, with his size, and for being nothing but a reciever, his numbers aren't nearly all that...

Please enlighten me, and find this so called post from a couple days ago.. I'd love to see it...

[/quote]

I was wrong. I saw your post about Egnew on the combine thread and my mind thought of it as you saying that recently when that thread was made months ago

[quote user="critters"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="critters"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Who goes number 1 in 2013, Matt Barkley, Logan Thomas. Im so bored with 2012 prospects. Cant wait till I see who the Giants pick so I can go cut there tapes. Next year Im taking a different strategy with prospect cutting. This year I went and got all the big name performances to get the most views each week. Next year Im going to grab all the small school games first. Now I cant find any of the games I want but all the Big School games I can still get. No one seems to keep the small school games for very ling on there hard drive.[/quote] I think it depends on whos picking 1st overall, but most likely i see Matt Barkley as the Number 1 overall pick.. He really impressed me this past season..*

I will say, i think Shoelace is gonna win the Heisman though.. I got a feeling Michigans gonna be Rose Bowl bound and Shoelace is gonna be Heisman bound... I love Fitzgerald Toussiant as well.. They got some issues though, but i think Denard Robsinson is gonna have a silly good season offensively.. The one question standing in there way in my opinon, is if* Roy Roundtree, Jeremey Gallon, and Drew Dileo can step up in the pass catching game, and can the Dline produce minus Van Bergen and M.Martin?** I cant wait for that Alabama/Michigan* Sept 1st contest!!!!!!!*

[/quote]

[/quote]* I think Denard Robinson takes the next step forward this yr, and improves his passing a bit, whi9ch makes him a better dual threat, then just being a runner.. Losing Menzie, Richardson, Vlachos, Hightower, Maze, Kirkpatrick, Chapman,* is gonna effect them at least alittle bit..* I don't nessecarily think Mich wins, but i do think the games a close one, just because of* Denrad/Toussiant combonation..[/quote]

Losing Menzie, Kirkpatrick and Barron will hurt the most if Denard does indeed make a big step forward in his passing. They do return a previous starter in Milliner (before Menzie took his spot) and they still have Lester at safety... but otherwise they have some major question marks at DB. That front 7 though is why I think Denard has to throw a good bit... Dial, Williams and Square are all returning starters on the Dline while Nico Johnson, CJ Mosley and DePriest are all returning starters or heavy contributors at LB. Alabama seemed to rely heavily on Upshaw's pass rush which will be gone now as well. If they can't get pressure on Denard, he could have a big day... but otherwise, running qbs seem to have very little success against Saban's defense.

On offense, Alabama should have one of the best Olines in the country and should still have some good RBs and their receivers should be improved.* Not to mention, AJ McCarron will have a championship year under his belt and returning for his 2nd year as a starter. I have to think he's going to be pretty good. Guess we'll see, but I'm honestly picturing about a 34-17 type of game. I could very easily be underestimating what Michigan is capable of and overestimating Alabama's offense.
    [/quote] I think LSU and Georgia may be better then Alabama.
    If this game was late in the season I dont think Michigan would have much of a chance. The fact that its early in the year gives them a chance

[quote user="nevada11"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="nevada11"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="nevada11"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]

[quote user="nevada11"]green is overrated. i have watched him a lot. he is stiff. he is big and fast but he drops a lot of balls. he loses a lot of one-on-one 50/50 balls, he is an underachiever i would rather take egnew than that overrated TE[/quote] Egnew sucks..* He has no upside at all, and* Green's upside is through the roof. With a good TE coach, Green could become a star in this league, i see Egnew as just another guy, in a long list of Mizzo TE's that end up being just another guy...* Green has produced when given the chance against TOP competiton all ready, going* 4recpt 87yrd 1td against GA, and* 6recept 64yrd against LSU..

Egnew isn't gonna beat u vertically either, and Green is very capable of doing that, as well as underneath..*** Green is more of a redzone threat as well, and simply capable of scoring more, because of his ability to go anywhere on the feild, as opposed to just mainly underneath stuff.. I'll take Green over Egnew everyday and twice on sundays.. Its not even close really..

[/quote] He "sucks". Has "no" upside. Wow, werent you gushing about him a few pages ago in this very thread? I guess people flip flop a lot nowadays[/quote] uhh, no...[/quote] U were saying a few days ago that u love egnew and u think he would be a great reese draft pick. u said ur only concern is u worry how mizzou tight ends has transitioned into the nfl. now he just sucks...out of nowhere[/quote]* uhh, no i didn't..lol* I've said before that Mizzo TE's are usually busts, and he is probably the next in line for just that, but thats about all..* The most compliments hes ever gotten outta me was at the combine, when i slightly got excited, but then that wore off, and i realized, screw that,* guy only had 8 TDS in his career, with his size, and for being nothing but a reciever, his numbers aren't nearly all that...

Please enlighten me, and find this so called post from a couple days ago.. I'd love to see it...

[/quote]

I was wrong. I saw your post about Egnew on the combine thread and my mind thought of it as you saying that recently when that thread was made months ago[/quote]Egnew is a guy thats just hard to predict from college tape. Stephen Hill is another. When u dont see a guy line up in line ever or run a route tree like Hill how do u know how they will respond to that. Thats where personal meetings with the players come in.If the guys are coach able it makes a huge difference. Unfortunately we dont have that kind of access on a player unless he is over the top bad like Vontaze Burfict .

Was looking at some of Cyrus Grays 2010 games I cut comparing them to 2011 .I think the injuries really held him back this season. His acceleration to the hole was much better, His pad level is lower and in the open field he was more adapt at making guys miss. Loks a litle like Lesean Mcoy in 2010. If the Giants dont want to take a RB 2 early this is the guy they should draft