+ Reply to Thread
Page 391 of 562 FirstFirst ... 291341381389390391392393401441491 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,910 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Charles Davis just took the words out of my mouth about Lee.

Veteran
    Blake bortles, qb UCF. keep an eye on this kid. There was a time when kiffin wanted him at tennessee

So the college season has started and I am trying to get ahead of the curve and know who to look for when watching college games. What I wanna know from the GMB college guru's is who are some players to keep an eye on this season?? Id like us to go OT or DT in the 1st 2 rounds
    Round1: AA-Ron Donald, DT, Pitt
    Round2: Kareem Martin, UNC, DE
    Round3: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
    Round4: Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
    Round5: Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
    Round5: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers

Did anyone catch the Alabama-Michigan game last night? Not really a good game, but 'Bama CB Dee Milliner really stood out to me. His performance last night was dominant.

I also can see that the hype over T/G/C Barrett Jones is justified. He looks like a first rounder.

I cant believe how bad the 2011 Draft for this team looks right now. if it keeps up this path its going to set this franchise back. Prince has been very disappointing cant stay healthy. M Austin has been a disaster. Jernigan looks over matched. James Brewer has been awful.Greg Jones cut, Tyler Sash career special teamer, Williams has some upside could be a starter, Darel Scott shown glimpses would love for him to become the number 2 back in the future but its more unlikely then likely at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I cant believe how bad the 2011 Draft for this team looks right now. if it keeps up this path its going to set this franchise back. Prince has been very disappointing cant stay healthy. M Austin has been a disaster. Jernigan looks over matched. James Brewer has been awful.Greg Jones cut, Tyler Sash career special teamer, Williams has some upside could be a starter, Darel Scott shown glimpses would love for him to become the number 2 back in the future but its more unlikely then likely at this point.
    I have to agree, for the most part. But it is still a bit too early to really judge. Prince and Austin could easily turn it around. JJ will have a harder time proving himself simply because of the guys ahead of him. Jones was beat out by Herzlich and was never ever going to make it as an OLB. I knew he was done the moment that came up.

The 1 guy I think who really stands a chance to prove us wrong though is Williams. People still dont seem to be giving him enough credit for his year last year. Just on a stat basis, Williams was perhaps the 2nd best defensive rookie in the NFL last year. He was also 1 of the most productive rookie LBs in franchise history. His stats were far better than many players around the league you have heard of and who played a LOT more snaps than he did.

And that is the kicker, if this class goes on to do NOTHING except for Williams and Herzlich( I know not drafted but still 2011), and they go on to grow on their rookie years, people will remember this class fondly. That is how much Giants fans love their linebackers.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I have to agree, for the most part. But it is still a bit too early to really judge. Prince and Austin could easily turn it around. JJ will have a harder time proving himself simply because of the guys ahead of him. Jones was beat out by Herzlich and was never ever going to make it as an OLB. I knew he was done the moment that came up.

The 1 guy I think who really stands a chance to prove us wrong though is Williams. People still dont seem to be giving him enough credit for his year last year. Just on a stat basis, Williams was perhaps the 2nd best defensive rookie in the NFL last year. He was also 1 of the most productive rookie LBs in franchise history. His stats were far better than many players around the league you have heard of and who played a LOT more snaps than he did.

And that is the kicker, if this class goes on to do NOTHING except for Williams and Herzlich( I know not drafted but still 2011), and they go on to grow on their rookie years, people will remember this class fondly. That is how much Giants fans love their linebackers.
    i gotta agree, its a bit to early.. I clump up the UDF's with the draft as well, which as u mentioned includes Mark Herzlich, and then u got Jaquian Williams and Darel Scott who are both helpful parts of the team at the end fo the draft, which pretty much makes us only need 1or2 outta Prince, Marvin, and Jerrell to pan out for a solid draft.. I think Prince will be fine once he gets healthy for a solid stretch.. Austin and Jerrnigan sitll have there upside which sometimes takes time to fulfill..

Either way, were freaking loaded in my humble opinion... I love this team!

Right now i'm hoping for Barrett Jones or Kawaan Short in RD 1... Barrett is a guy i gurantee Reese covets becasue of his versatility.. And Kawaan paired with Linval is a absoulute dream DT duo... Kenny Vaccaro is the guy i want in the 2nd rd.. If i had to go very early 3rd mock , it'd be something likke this.

1. Barrett Jones G/C/T Bama or Kawaan Short DT Purdue
    2. Kenny Vaccaro SS Texas
    3. Micah Hyde CB Iowa or Dion Sims TE Michigan St(i loved how good he loooked blocking and catching against boise. Only redshirt jr though..)

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Right now i'm hoping for Barrett Jones or Kawaan Short in RD 1... Barrett is a guy i gurantee Reese covets becasue of his versatility.. And Kawaan paired with Linval is a absoulute dream DT duo... Kenny Vaccaro is the guy i want in the 2nd rd.. If i had to go very early 3rd mock , it'd be something likke this.

1. Barrett Jones G/C/T Bama or Kawaan Short DT Purdue
    2. Kenny Vaccaro SS Texas
    3. Micah Hyde CB Iowa or Dion Sims TE Michigan St(i loved how good he loooked blocking and catching against boise. Only redshirt jr though..)
    In a way I have to kind of NOT want this to happen. I say this because Jones will be an early selection. So we would have to suck to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    In a way I have to kind of NOT want this to happen. I say this because Jones will be an early selection. So we would have to suck to get him.
    Well, we could always trade up some.. I seen Jones go at like pick 23 or so in a few mocks.. Possibly trade a future early rder with like a 4th or something to move up 5-7 slots? Also, thats why i put Kawaan Short down, just in case Jones is off the board which is obviously a possiblity..

+ Reply to Thread