+ Reply to Thread
Page 393 of 562 FirstFirst ... 293343383391392393394395403443493 ... LastLast
Results 3,921 to 3,930 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    your pineman r nfl ready.no more projects.even the guys they liked solder and ijalana werent ready
    Ya, we need ready to plug in Olineman.. I'm thinking its possible to do what Jacksonville did that one yr when they went Eugene Monroe and followed that up with Ebben Britton in next rd.. I'd have no problem with them doing something like that.. Ricky Wagner has NYG written all over him.. Barrett Jones would make me most happy though.. If we have a good yr, and pick in the say 25-32 range, i'd have no issue trading up for Barrett Jones.. The guy is a beast!!!! I

Theres a C sleeper i absoulutly love from Illinois as well.. And i think hes got enough size and what not to play G as well.. Graham Pocic is his name.. Dude can flat out play! I am all about the lineman and safteies this yr...

Quote Originally Posted by Kase-1 View Post
    We def need to look more so at OT than OG, we're TERRIBLE at sealing the edge.

Who are a few good OL that we could see in the 2nd half of the draft or maybe in the 2nd round???

Oh I saw that guy Barrett Jones play and damn he looks nice
    Well, one guy i love as i mentioned in my last post is Graham Pocic C Illinois.. Hes listed at 6ft 5in 310lbs, which is plenty big enough for G as well... He was also a pretty big time recruit getting scholarship offers from Florida, Michigan, and Penn St as well as Illinois, which is home area, hence why he is there.."

Heres alittle bit of info on him from CBS SPORTS..

"Pocic is physically strong and aggressive with the grit to finish through the whistle and tough-out the battles in the trenches. With several talented interior defensive linemen coming from Big Ten programs the past few years, including his own teammates, Pocic has been routinely tested as the rock of the Illinois line. Although not likely to be a Day 1 or 2 pick like the first four prospects on this list, Pocic currently projects as a mid-to-late round player and a borderline top-five senior at his position.

--Dane Brugler

Another few OT's and Lineman i like for the back half of the draft, are Tanner Hawkinson OT Kansas, David Quessenberry OT San Jose St, and Xavier Nixon OT Florida..

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    well after one game, Wilson(who has grown on me), has not made me think Cordy Glenn wasen't the way to go.. Neither has the Oline for that matter..lol I thought the value was with Cordy Glenn, and hes getting rave reviews in buffalo and Wilson looked bad and fumbled what could of ended up being a TD drive which would of had us tied at end of regulation..Again, its only one game and hes really grown on me, but that was one debut that was pretty horrendus, and it don't help that our Oline was pathetic and Cordy Glenn has all ready Won a starting job and is getting rave review after rave review for his athletic ability, technique, and versatility, not to mention power..
    Glenn is on a long list of players that I preferred over Wilson. Both now and at the time of the draft

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    Glenn is on a long list of players that I preferred over Wilson. Both now and at the time of the draft
    I would of loved Wilson, if we traded up to middle of 2nd rd for em or something.. I felt RD 1 was only for Trent Richardson and Doug Martin, personally... I also wanted Dwayne Allen in RD 2.. I heard hes killing it in Indy as well(making waves).. But Cordy Glenn was the guy that i felt was the best value when we seleted at pick 32.. I have a feeling were gonna get Ricky Wagner or Jake Matthews come April.. I would be estatic if we land Barrett Jones, or even Brennan Williams OT UNC... Jonathan Cooper G UNC would be at the top of my 2nd rd targets.. The only way i'm not going oline in rd 1, is if Kawaan Short DT Purdue is to much to pass up.. I do love me some Kaawan Short.. Hes a penetrating, play making, machine!

Again, a guy i covet in rd 3-5 is Graham Pocic C Illinois.. The more i learn, the more i like.. Shoot, i like em as much as Khaled Holmes..

Ya, we need ready to plug in Olineman.. I'm thinking its possible to do what Jacksonville did that one yr when they went Eugene Monroe and followed that up with Ebben Britton in next rd.. I'd have no problem with them doing something like that.. Ricky Wagner has NYG written all over him.. Barrett Jones would make me most happy though.. If we have a good yr, and pick in the say 25-32 range, i'd have no issue trading up for Barrett Jones.. The guy is a beast!!!! I

Theres a C sleeper i absoulutly love from Illinois as well.. And i think hes got enough size and what not to play G as well.. Graham Pocic is his name.. Dude can flat out play! I am all about the lineman and safteies this yr...
    I bet Wagner could come in and be are best tackle Day 1.He is a RT I think but with are LT's I wouldnt rule it out. Former Basketball player , requisite size ,footwork could be cleaner,but comes from a program with phenomenal pedigree. I dont care what his splits say, I dont care what his arm length is , he is an NFL starter. I like Joekel a lot from Texas A&M as well. Not an elite athlete so the Giants probably wont want him. I really hope they stop with the upside guys on offense. Guys like Robinson who was a reach and is just a wasted roster space this season.

I was talking about how bad the Giants running game was on Twitter and some guy gave me the stats from the game. He was like they rushed for 4.6 yards per carry thats outstanding. Obviously he didnt watch the game. Without that draw to Bradshaw when they were down 14 points it was like 2,.5. They need to pass to run not run to pass. I still cant believe he ran the ball on 1st and 2nd down on the the goal line like that. If they spread out with 4 WR and ran a little pick play to free Barden its a TD, A slant to Cruz TD, The play calling down there was atrocious . I know people dont want to pull Eli off the field but his lack of athleticism in those situations really hurts the Giants with this Oline. If u had a mobile QB that u could move around it would do wonders for short yard situations

I would of loved Wilson, if we traded up to middle of 2nd rd for em or something.. I felt RD 1 was only for Trent Richardson and Doug Martin, personally... I also wanted Dwayne Allen in RD 2.. I heard hes killing it in Indy as well(making waves).. But Cordy Glenn was the guy that i felt was the best value when we seleted at pick 32.. I have a feeling were gonna get Ricky Wagner or Jake Matthews come April.. I would be estatic if we land Barrett Jones, or even Brennan Williams OT UNC... Jonathan Cooper G UNC would be at the top of my 2nd rd targets.. The only way i'm not going oline in rd 1, is if Kawaan Short DT Purdue is to much to pass up.. I do love me some Kaawan Short.. Hes a penetrating, play making, machine!

Again, a guy i covet in rd 3-5 is Graham Pocic C Illinois.. The more i learn, the more i like.. Shoot, i like em as much as Khaled Holmes..
    Im still not sold Wilson will be an elite RB in the NFL. . He has great physical skill. Burst and balance is terrific but his instincts, his vision are not high pick worthy.

I bet Wagner could come in and be are best tackle Day 1.He is a RT I think but with are LT's I wouldnt rule it out. Former Basketball player , requisite size ,footwork could be cleaner,but comes from a program with phenomenal pedigree. I dont care what his splits say, I dont care what his arm length is , he is an NFL starter. I like Joekel a lot from Texas A&M as well. Not an elite athlete so the Giants probably wont want him. I really hope they stop with the upside guys on offense. Guys like Robinson who was a reach and is just a wasted roster space this season.

I was talking about how bad the Giants running game was on Twitter and some guy gave me the stats from the game. He was like they rushed for 4.6 yards per carry thats outstanding. Obviously he didnt watch the game. Without that draw to Bradshaw when they were down 14 points it was like 2,.5. They need to pass to run not run to pass. I still cant believe he ran the ball on 1st and 2nd down on the the goal line like that. If they spread out with 4 WR and ran a little pick play to free Barden its a TD, A slant to Cruz TD, The play calling down there was atrocious . I know people dont want to pull Eli off the field but his lack of athleticism in those situations really hurts the Giants with this Oline. If u had a mobile QB that u could move around it would do wonders for short yard situations
    Fantastic post as usual redeye.. Ya, it seems almost elementery that Gilbride and Coughlin would know how this teams built which is to pass first and set up timely runs... As soon as we did that in the 2nd half, our offense was pretty darn good, and our YPC went upwards.. Obviously as u said, that dude who brought up the 4.6 is either stupid or didn't watch the game.. The pass is the only reason our run game got going..

I can't stress enough how annoying it is that 2guys paid millions of dollars to coach and are with this team every single day, don't see that.. I feel Coughlin is so stubborn and old school, he just can't let himself see that the NFL has changed, and that the GIANTS best 3weapons are ELI, NICKS, and CRUZ.. I mean, even the most depth we have is pretty much at WR.. Its also very silly ur not even getting guys like Barden on the field, and possibly Randle.. This team would be almost impossilbe to defend if they showed some empty backfield looks and put more 3wr sets in, and used shot gun a tad more..etc

Coughlin continues to say we gotta RUN better then last yr, but that is so contradictary, becuase we WON it all last yr!!!!lol Neither Bradshaw nor WIlson are Adrian Peterson or even Fred Jackson for that matter, as a RB that can not only take the pounding but give u 20carrys a week and be successful.. There both very talented but more as complementery weapons, and not guys u need to be 20carry a week guys.. There better as a Changeup to Roger Clemens best pitch, the fastball(which in this refrence, the fastball means nicks and cruz and co..)...lol

mind u redeye, i'm not saying always go into empty backfields, 3wr sets, and shotgun, but more then they do... Also, lets get these rb's more involved in passing game.. Use a shovel pass here and there, and try a FB screen(that play would catch teams off guard), and get Wilson outside on a screen... Again, this team is built similar to NO, NE, and GB as far as there offense goes, which is a bunch of RB's sharing load, while the main emphasis is pass first, and use timely runs...

Im still not sold Wilson will be an elite RB in the NFL. . He has great physical skill. Burst and balance is terrific but his instincts, his vision are not high pick worthy.
    Ya, definetly some things that worry me as well.. I think he'll be solid, but i thought the value was with Cordy Glenn, and that also filled a need.. Cordy GLenn is gonna be insane! Hes litteraly getting some of the best rave reviews i've seen for a rook this past pre-season...

+ Reply to Thread