+ Reply to Thread
Page 394 of 562 FirstFirst ... 294344384392393394395396404444494 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,940 of 5613
    Oh ya, by the way, my man Kawaan Short DT Purdue, who everyone knows i freaking love, not only had a sack, but also 2blocked kicks in his first game.. Imagine him and JPP blocking Ex pts?

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Oh ya, by the way, my man Kawaan Short DT Purdue, who everyone knows i freaking love, not only had a sack, but also 2blocked kicks in his first game.. Imagine him and JPP blocking Ex pts?
    I did not see the game, so I am not commenting here I am just passing on someone else's opinion but CBSsports did not care for his performance:

09/04/12 - BIG TEN: PLAYERS WHOSE NFL DRAFT STOCK IS FALLING: Kawann Short, Purdue: The senior defensive tackle who returned for his final year didn't have a stellar season-opening debut. Short had just one tackle (a sack) in the Boilermakers' 48-6 rout of Eastern Kentucky. At 6-3, 310-pounds, Short came into the season as one of the top tackles in the conference but he'll need to have a bigger impact against a far superior opponent. You can see him next: Purdue at Notre Dame, 3:30 p.m. ET (NBC). - Mike Singer, CBSSports.com

I am not sure I consider him a very good passrusher either. From what I have seen he is more of a strong run stuffer. I think the reason he came back was to work on his passrush technique. If he can solidy that part of his game he will be a monster.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I did not see the game, so I am not commenting here I am just passing on someone else's opinion but CBSsports did not care for his performance:

09/04/12 - BIG TEN: PLAYERS WHOSE NFL DRAFT STOCK IS FALLING: Kawann Short, Purdue: The senior defensive tackle who returned for his final year didn't have a stellar season-opening debut. Short had just one tackle (a sack) in the Boilermakers' 48-6 rout of Eastern Kentucky. At 6-3, 310-pounds, Short came into the season as one of the top tackles in the conference but he'll need to have a bigger impact against a far superior opponent. You can see him next: Purdue at Notre Dame, 3:30 p.m. ET (NBC). - Mike Singer, CBSSports.com

I am not sure I consider him a very good passrusher either. From what I have seen he is more of a strong run stuffer. I think the reason he came back was to work on his passrush technique. If he can solidy that part of his game he will be a monster.
    This is off Walts site, and i would certainly question a article that dosen't mention not 1 but 2blocked kicks in the same game, don't u think? Also, they won 48-6 for godsake.. I would have to wonder how much he was on the field in the 2nd half of that one... As far as pass rusher, he had 6sacks and 6.5 sacks the past 2yrs to go along with like 29.5 TFL, and started this yr with a sack and 2blocked kicks.. I think hes got like 4or5 blocked kicks for his career as well now.. Don't know what else hes gotta do?

Top-25 Prospects:

Kawann Short, DT, Purdue. Previous Rank: 18
    9/7/12: Short had an impressive start to his senior season with a sack and two blocked kicks. Short will have a nice battle this week against Notre Dame.

8/9/12: Short totaled 54 tackles with 17 tackles for a loss, 6.5 sacks and one forced fumble in 2011. He was quiet in the early going, but really played well in the the second half of the season. The 6-foot-4, 310-pounder is a quick gap-shooting tackle who looks like a natural three-technique defensive tackle for a 4-3 defense.

Short benefited greatly from Ryan Kerrigan in his first two years. Short recorded six sacks and 12.5 tackles for a loss next to Kerrigan in 2010. Short also had 41 tackles with two blocked kicks.

The senior is strong and athletic. Purdue does an excellent job of producing quality NFL defensive linemen, and Short appears to be the next in line

This is off Walts site, and i would certainly question a article that dosen't mention not 1 but 2blocked kicks in the same game, don't u think? Also, they won 48-6 for godsake.. I would have to wonder how much he was on the field in the 2nd half of that one... As far as pass rusher, he had 6sacks and 6.5 sacks the past 2yrs to go along with like 29.5 TFL, and started this yr with a sack and 2blocked kicks.. I think hes got like 4or5 blocked kicks for his career as well now.. Don't know what else hes gotta do?

Top-25 Prospects:

Kawann Short, DT, Purdue. Previous Rank: 18
    9/7/12: Short had an impressive start to his senior season with a sack and two blocked kicks. Short will have a nice battle this week against Notre Dame.

8/9/12: Short totaled 54 tackles with 17 tackles for a loss, 6.5 sacks and one forced fumble in 2011. He was quiet in the early going, but really played well in the the second half of the season. The 6-foot-4, 310-pounder is a quick gap-shooting tackle who looks like a natural three-technique defensive tackle for a 4-3 defense.

Short benefited greatly from Ryan Kerrigan in his first two years. Short recorded six sacks and 12.5 tackles for a loss next to Kerrigan in 2010. Short also had 41 tackles with two blocked kicks.

The senior is strong and athletic. Purdue does an excellent job of producing quality NFL defensive linemen, and Short appears to be the next in line
    Ya, I take your word on the game performance since I didnt see it. Although, I still think he has some proving to do in the pass rushing skills. He is very good at gap control for sure, and he plays the run superbly.

6-6.5 sacks is actually not a bad number coming from the interior. Maybe you assume that number goes down when transitioning from the collegiate level to the pros. But I'm certain teams would happily take 6 sacks per 12 game seasons along with the ability to halt the run.

I like Short, but I thought of him as redundant on the line [unless the Giants really like the bigger stacked look we've had this season]. If I had to guess, I think they'd like to get more explosiveness at the 3 to replace Canty, but I wouldn't put it past Reese and Nunn to go heavy with both tackles, and simply utilize their pass rushers in other ways on known passing downs. I guess it's just how they wish to skin the cat.

Ya, I take your word on the game performance since I didnt see it. Although, I still think he has some proving to do in the pass rushing skills. He is very good at gap control for sure, and he plays the run superbly.
    Add another 2sacks to Kawaan Shorts total.. He had 4tackles and 2sacks against ND yesterday.. So now through 2games, hes got 3sacks and 2blocked kicks.. Pass rushing is what he does...

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    6-6.5 sacks is actually not a bad number coming from the interior. Maybe you assume that number goes down when transitioning from the collegiate level to the pros. But I'm certain teams would happily take 6 sacks per 12 game seasons along with the ability to halt the run.

I like Short, but I thought of him as redundant on the line [unless the Giants really like the bigger stacked look we've had this season]. If I had to guess, I think they'd like to get more explosiveness at the 3 to replace Canty, but I wouldn't put it past Reese and Nunn to go heavy with both tackles, and simply utilize their pass rushers in other ways on known passing downs. I guess it's just how they wish to skin the cat.
    well, not to mention u play less games in college then the pros.. As i said, he had a 2sack game yesterday as well.. I don't know how many TFL he has, but he now has 3sacks through 2games.. Mayock was giddy when talking about Kawaan Short yesterday.. He loves em..

well, not to mention u play less games in college then the pros.. As i said, he had a 2sack game yesterday as well.. I don't know how many TFL he has, but he now has 3sacks through 2games.. Mayock was giddy when talking about Kawaan Short yesterday.. He loves em..
    I did get to see him yesterday. He looked very solid. I think his game yesterday was exactly what he needed too. 2 sacks vs solid competition.

Sitting here watching the Skins Saints game I gotta mention that I said months ago that Alfred Morris was 1 of the most underrated draft prospects. Here he is a 6th round pick for the skins and the starting RB looking very good.

I did get to see him yesterday. He looked very solid. I think his game yesterday was exactly what he needed too. 2 sacks vs solid competition.
    Agreed... Hes a beast dude! Outside of the olineman, which to be honest, i see Jake Matthews and Ricky Wagner some yesterday(they plaeyd same time), and i'm thinking Kawaan Short as of right now over all 3, if they were all on the board at the same time.. I wasen't overly impressed with either tackle.. Obviously Barrett Jones would still be my dream scenario.. He looked flawless at Center..