+ Reply to Thread
Page 396 of 562 FirstFirst ... 296346386394395396397398406446496 ... LastLast
Results 3,951 to 3,960 of 5613
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I do not deny 20lbs is a difference. But you cannot ignore the 2.5 years he has in age over wilson which allowed him to add those pounds. Again, in 2010 when Martin was the same age as Wilson, he was SMALLER than Wilson is now.

Wilson is exactly in line with MJ and Ray Rice's size when they came out. You just cannot argue facts.
    Thats fine but for the next 2.5 yrs Wilsons gonna be getting his smaller frame pounded on by big massive pro athletes.. There is no more 212lb LB's and what not that are trying to tackle him.. So i feel it all kinda evens itself out in the end, all though i pretty much don't know the future so i don't know what Wilson will be at Weight wise in 2yrs.. Guys like Knowshon Moreno weigh pretty much the exact same as he did 4yrs ago..

Right now, who is ur dream scenario being realistic for RD 1 of this yrs draft? Everyone knows as of now mine is clearly Barrett Jones as he can play every positon and is good at all of em.. Kaawan Short would be my 2nd on my possibles.. My top 5 right now would probably be like this..

1. Barrett Jones G/C/T Bama
    2. Kawaan Short DT Purdue
    3. D.J Fluker OT Bama(dude is a beast!)
    4. Tyler Eifert TE ND
    5. Brennan Williams OT UNC

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Right now, who is ur dream scenario being realistic for RD 1 of this yrs draft? Everyone knows as of now mine is clearly Barrett Jones as he can play every positon and is good at all of em.. Kaawan Short would be my 2nd on my possibles.. My top 5 right now would probably be like this..

1. Barrett Jones G/C/T Bama
    2. Kawaan Short DT Purdue
    3. D.J Fluker OT Bama(dude is a beast!)
    4. Tyler Eifert TE ND
    5. Brennan Williams OT UNC
    First glance I thought this was your mock draft I was like man this is seriously unrealistic

This is off Walts site, and i would certainly question a article that dosen't mention not 1 but 2blocked kicks in the same game, don't u think? Also, they won 48-6 for godsake.. I would have to wonder how much he was on the field in the 2nd half of that one... As far as pass rusher, he had 6sacks and 6.5 sacks the past 2yrs to go along with like 29.5 TFL, and started this yr with a sack and 2blocked kicks.. I think hes got like 4or5 blocked kicks for his career as well now.. Don't know what else hes gotta do?

Top-25 Prospects:

Kawann Short, DT, Purdue. Previous Rank: 18
    9/7/12: Short had an impressive start to his senior season with a sack and two blocked kicks. Short will have a nice battle this week against Notre Dame.

8/9/12: Short totaled 54 tackles with 17 tackles for a loss, 6.5 sacks and one forced fumble in 2011. He was quiet in the early going, but really played well in the the second half of the season. The 6-foot-4, 310-pounder is a quick gap-shooting tackle who looks like a natural three-technique defensive tackle for a 4-3 defense.

Short benefited greatly from Ryan Kerrigan in his first two years. Short recorded six sacks and 12.5 tackles for a loss next to Kerrigan in 2010. Short also had 41 tackles with two blocked kicks.

The senior is strong and athletic. Purdue does an excellent job of producing quality NFL defensive linemen, and Short appears to be the next in line
    Didnt see the ND game but I downloaded it planning on cutting it up

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Didnt see the ND game but I downloaded it planning on cutting it up
    All game, u pretty much here about not only Kawaan Short but the purdue defensive line in general... Mayock likes Kawaan short alot...

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    First glance I thought this was your mock draft I was like man this is seriously unrealistic
    Ya, not so much..lol Anyhow, whos ur top 5 big board for GMEN right now?

ANd here is the latest STOCK UP on waltfootball, and Kawaan Short is on it yet again.. To be honest i never really believed he'd be there in the late 20's, where i hope hte giants to be picking, but thats where alot had em going, so i've continued to put em on my top 5 hopefuls.. The guys just special, and i've known that since last yr.. There is no way he dosen't go in the top 20-22picks...

Kawann Short, DT, Purdue
    Short is one of the best interior pass-rushers in college football. He recorded 12.5 sacks overthe past two seasons and is off to a great start to produce his biggest single-season sack total.

The senior ended the Irish's first drive of the game by shedding center Braxston Cave with a swim move and sacking quarterback Everett Golson. Short forced a fumble in the third quarter when he flew in the air on top of a running back and punched the ball out. The official scorer somehow managed to screw up, failing to credit Short for the forced fumble. He then beat Mike Golic, Jr. for a sack in the fourth quarter. Short smacked down Golic's hands and exploded past him to chase down Golson for his second sack.

Short has the makings of a special interior pass-rusher in the NFL. It would be great if he could add a rip move to his arsenal of speed and shed rushes. The senior has an excellent ability to use his hands and feet at the same time. Purdue rotated Short in and out of the game, so he may need to improve his conditioning to play more snaps.

Short has totaled five tackles with three sacks and two blocked kicks in just two games this year. He looks on his way to being a first-round pick and could crack the top 20.

ANd here is the latest STOCK UP on waltfootball, and Kawaan Short is on it yet again.. To be honest i never really believed he'd be there in the late 20's, where i hope hte giants to be picking, but thats where alot had em going, so i've continued to put em on my top 5 hopefuls.. The guys just special, and i've known that since last yr.. There is no way he dosen't go in the top 20-22picks...

Kawann Short, DT, Purdue
    Short is one of the best interior pass-rushers in college football. He recorded 12.5 sacks overthe past two seasons and is off to a great start to produce his biggest single-season sack total.

The senior ended the Irish's first drive of the game by shedding center Braxston Cave with a swim move and sacking quarterback Everett Golson. Short forced a fumble in the third quarter when he flew in the air on top of a running back and punched the ball out. The official scorer somehow managed to screw up, failing to credit Short for the forced fumble. He then beat Mike Golic, Jr. for a sack in the fourth quarter. Short smacked down Golic's hands and exploded past him to chase down Golson for his second sack.

Short has the makings of a special interior pass-rusher in the NFL. It would be great if he could add a rip move to his arsenal of speed and shed rushes. The senior has an excellent ability to use his hands and feet at the same time. Purdue rotated Short in and out of the game, so he may need to improve his conditioning to play more snaps.

Short has totaled five tackles with three sacks and two blocked kicks in just two games this year. He looks on his way to being a first-round pick and could crack the top 20.
    The knock on him going into this year was his passrush ability. Reportedly, that was the question mark that caused the drop in his grade from the draft advisory board last year.

Apparently, he has taken it as a personal goal to show that board they made a mistake. So far, he has been as good vs the pass as he always has been vs the run.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    The knock on him going into this year was his passrush ability. Reportedly, that was the question mark that caused the drop in his grade from the draft advisory board last year.

Apparently, he has taken it as a personal goal to show that board they made a mistake. So far, he has been as good vs the pass as he always has been vs the run.
    I always heard and seen his pass rush as a huge advantage and the best part about his game... I've seen about 5scouting reports and the 1st thing they mention is a Penetrating playmaker... Like i said, 12.5 sacks the past 2yrs is pretty good from a DT.. 3 2start this yr..

Rutgers is a embaressment.. 4penalties in the first like 4minutes.. The coach is pathetic! A huge reflection on him, who was a Oline coach for yrs...