+ Reply to Thread
Page 398 of 562 FirstFirst ... 298348388396397398399400408448498 ... LastLast
Results 3,971 to 3,980 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Well, you know I like Warmack. I still think OT is a bigger need and a more likely 1st round selection as well. But, if you want to make improving your interior blocking a priority in the offseason, I cant think of a better guy than that.

As far as Hawthorne, I like his measurables a lot. He is a hustler, and a good character guy as far as I can see. In all those ways he is a "Reese type" guy. He is also very good closer to the ball and combined with his WR skills(he plays some wr occasionaly) he is a ball hawk. My 1 hesitation about him, which he can easily correct, is his man v man skills downfield. What I have seen of him looks good, but I want to see him vs top notch wrs in man coverage.

Luckily for us this is a good year for big CBs. Banks, Rhodes, and Amerson are all good prospects. I think Rhodes is the best fit for what we do here. He dominates WRs early in the route more than anyone in the draft. That is exactly what you want in a passrush oriented defense. However, I would not complain about any of those guys.
    Ya, i think Banks, Rhodes, and Amerson will all be gone in the first 23 picks.. THere extremely good.. I love Banks.. Hes probably my favorite CB in this yrs draft.. I think Rhodes ends up going before Amerson in this yrs draft.. Thats my upset or splash suggestion so far..lol Remember it here first, RHODES goes before AMERSON.. Hes insane!

As for my 1st pick, i'm completely sold on Warmack.. As much as i like Wagner, Wisconsins terrible this yr, and don't look anything like they did with Zeitler and and Peter Konz in the run game... I'm not saying Wagners doing bad because i haven't really delved into Wisconsin yet, but from what i have seen there Run game is alot weaker overall, which obviously has some to do with Russell WIlson being gone as well.. I'm jjust saying, Warmack is the real deal and at least is a Olineman, and is a positon of need with guys like Boothe, Diehl, eitehr aging or nto being long term solutions.. Also, u can't just pick Tackle because its what we need.. If theres a guy there whos better at a positon, and its still a positon of somehwat need, u take em.. We have FA'cy and also i'm more intrigued with Brewer and Mosley then i am with anything we have at G... Its kinda like Decastro last yr.. I feel Warmack is very special like Decastro was, and u dont' pass on special players..

Sorry if i'm all over right now, i just woke up from a nap..lol

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Has anyone seen Travis Johnson of San Jose state. I have 1 of his games from last year and he had 4 sacks. I saw he had 6 TFL against UC davis last week cant find the game anywhere.
    They got a OT i'm interested in as well.. I forget his first name, but his Last name is Quessneberry.. I wonder if hes related to the Miss St center from last yr?

I know that we've been discussing players, but whos a handful of ur guys faves this yr? Not nessecarily talking about the top 10 type guys like Robert Woods and Barkley..etc More of the guys who are as of now perdicted in the mid to late 1st or beyond range??

U guys know most of mine all ready..

Kawaan Short DT Purdue
    Kenny Vacarro S Texas
    Barrett Jones C/G/T Bama
    Jackson Jeffcoat DE Texas
    Chance Warmack G Bama

If i had a Honarble Mention, i'd throw Tyler Eifert TE ND, Khaseem Greene LB Rutgers, and Jonathan Banks CB Miss St.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Ya, i think Banks, Rhodes, and Amerson will all be gone in the first 23 picks.. THere extremely good.. I love Banks.. Hes probably my favorite CB in this yrs draft.. I think Rhodes ends up going before Amerson in this yrs draft.. Thats my upset or splash suggestion so far..lol Remember it here first, RHODES goes before AMERSON.. Hes insane!
    l
    We agree on Warmack.

As to Rhodes, I think the world of him. I think his stats this year will suffer as teams will undoubtably avoid him. I think he will go early too. However, his knee injury last year, might scare away some teams and it is on that hope that I hang my hopes that he drops a little to us in the draft. In all of college footbal, at this moment, I cannot think of a player that had "Giants" written on him more. He is big, fast, physical, a very good tackler, and a hard worker. To be honest, there are about 5 guys on the FSU defense coming out this year that I think are solid NFL prospects. I also wouldnt mind their kicker.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 09-15-2012 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    We agree on Warmack.

As to Rhodes, I think the world of him. I think his stats this year will suffer as teams will undoubtably avoid him. I think he will go early too. However, his knee injury last year, might scare away some teams and it is on that hope that I hang my hopes that he drops a little to us in the draft. In all of college footbal, at this moment, I cannot think of a player that had "Giants" written on him more. He is big, fast, physical, a very good tackler, and a hard worker. To be honest, there are about 5 guys on the FSU defense coming out this year that I think are solid NFL prospects. I also wouldnt mind their kicker.
    Ya, i dont think the knee will be much of a issue as long as he stays healthy and productive this entire season.. If he plays well all yr and shows no ill effects, then i don't think teams will worry to much..To be honest, he might be a top 10 pick in this yrs draft..The only way i see the giants getting him is if the giants have a pretty bad season and end up picking 15th or lower. Ur right, he has some giants traits about him.. I personally think Ricky Wagner has Giants written all over him.. He reminds me of a guy who would of fit right in with the Seubert, Diehl, McKenzie, Snee, and O'hara group.. He totally reminds me of a giant type olineman..

Marquees Wilson was pretty insane last night.. I realize it was UNLV, but thats who he had to play and he did his thing... 5rec 110yrd 2td

Oh ya, Mike Leach is a freaking idiot! This guy litteraly kept UNLV in the game by throwing the ball up 8 when they could of basically just wore the clock down as UNLV only had 1 TO left at the time.. He did it twice if i remember correctly.. And then the idiot went for it on 4th and 4 at the 44yrd line instead of punting em inside the 20.. They didn't convert and before u know it UNLV had the ball with like 35seconds left and only down 8.. It made less then no sense.. Like i'd probably of fired the guy just for being dumb at that point..lol

its amazing how some Centers snap the ball badly.. I mean, how do u snap a ball badly? The QB's like 4ft from the C at th emost...lol TCU was about to score on opening drive on 1st and goal there Moron Center snaps the ball at Pachall's ankles..lol I think i'd kick my center in the mouth if he did that..lol

holy crap, the more i watch that botched snap, that Pachall could of jumped right on , the more it looks like he completely misses it on purpose..lol U gotta see it, to know what i mean..

Logan Thomas looks so bad this year. This VT offense is brutal to watch.

+ Reply to Thread