+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 562 FirstFirst ... 234561454104504 ... LastLast

Re: A look at the 2011 NFL draft

If the Giants want a shutdown corner 2011 is the year there are some big bodied physical freaks at the position. I hope we can come away with one of the top 3.

The 2011 QB class has the makings of one of the strongest I have seen. I still cant believe Locker didnt come out because with the weakness of the class he may of well went Number 1. I like Locker and believe he will be a good NFL QB but he doesnt top my 2011 QB list.

Ryan Mallet-Listed at 6-7 238 Ryan Mallet is a beast of a QB. Playing behind a terrible O-Lineand with not much help around him Mallet still put up gaudy numbers. Why I admit Mallet is a project of sorts all the tools are there. His arm strength is second to none and displays wonderful touch on the deep ball. Mallets footwork worries me a bit and he isnt a QB U want making plays outside the pocket. Some compare him to Jamarcus Russel but I think he compares closer to Ben Rothlisberger .

Player comparison- Ben Roethlisberger - Minus the rape allegations

Jake Locker-Locker has terrific footwork for a college QB. He has very smooth mechanics and its a joy to watch him . Locker has excellent instincts and his mobility only intensifies them. Experience in a West Coast offense which is another plus. Locker has a nice array of abilities but still has some flaws that more experience and a good QB coach can correct. Washington has a pretty bad team so its truly hard to get a total feel for Locker because he has no help. His individual skill-set however translates well in my opinion.While I thought hewas crazy to go back to school because he could of went number 1 it was for the best considering his game.

Player Comparison- Everyone says Jake Plummer and I was trying to come up with a better one but for now it sticks

Theres a few guys I will write up later Andrew Luck and Pat Devlin being among them

I would love to draft Patrick Peterson... he is a unreal CB.. I can see a scenario where 2010 is Ross and Webster last years as Giants

[quote user="Armstead#98"]I would love to draft Patrick Peterson... he is a unreal CB.. I can see a scenario where 2010 is Ross and Webster last years as Giants
    [/quote]

Lol. Only way 2010 is websters last year as a giant is if he has some major career ending injury.

Veteran

Here is a very early 2011 mock draft for the Giants, based on my initial expectations of team needs and early estimate of players values. This is roughlu alomng the lines of what I expect the Giants will try to do next year.

Pete's Early 2011 Giants Mock (29/04/2010)

1. RB
    Mark Ingram, Alabama (5-10, 215, 4.48)

2. MLB Quan Sturdivant,
    North Carolina (6-2, 232, 4.56)

3. C Stefen Wisniewski, Penn
    State (6-3, 298, 5.16)

4. CB Charles Brown, North Carolina (5-10,
    190, 4.48)

5. FB D.J. Williams, Arkansas (6-2, 250, 4.68)

T Rob McGill, Louisiana Tech (6-6, 310, 5.04)

7. TE Mike
    Ragone, Notre Dame (6-5, 252, 4.73)

Sturdivant in the 2nd? I'd be shocked if he was there

[quote user="Big_Pete"]Here is a very early 2011 mock draft for the Giants, based on my initial expectations of team needs and early estimate of players values. This is roughlu alomng the lines of what I expect the Giants will try to do next year.

1. RB

2. MLB Quan Sturdivant,

State (6-3, 298, 5.16)

190, 4.48)

7. TE Mike
    [/quote] I don't know about Mark Ingram, cause i think he's gonna go top 10, and at least, top 12-15... I also think Sturdivant makes it in to RD 1, and Wisniewski goes before we'd pick in RD 3... I'd be stoked if your draft played out for us.... Mine, would go like this, as Extremley early mock

1. Matt Reynolds OT BYU
    2. Jaquizz Rodgers RB Oregon ST.
    3. Weslye Saunders TE S.Carolina
    4. Malcolm Smith WLB USC
    5. Dan Wenger C Notre Dame
    6. Dejon Gomes CB Nebraska
    7. Scotty McKnight WR Colorado

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Armstead#98"]I would love to draft Patrick Peterson... he is a unreal CB.. I can see a scenario where 2010 is Ross and Webster last years as Giants
    [/quote]

Lol. Only way 2010 is websters last year as a giant is if he has some major career ending injury.[/quote]
    Corey Webster sucks... If he has another year like he had last season he will be cut.. The Giants are paying that huge salary for the play Webster brings to the field..You can take that to the bank

l

I continue with my look at the eligblw QB's for the 2011 draft

Andrew Luck Stanford- The son of former Houston Oiler QB Oliver Luck Andrew is another prototypical sized QB. At 6-4 230 Luck has the size of a franchise NFL QB. Coming from a Pro Style offense at Stanford Luck will have a leg up on the Spread offense QB's that make me sick throughout college FB. Working under former NFL QB Jim HarbaughLuck will have very good tutelge and continue to get better.I see a little tweak in his throwing motion but its not the biggest deal. He seems like an intelligent QBwhich he probably is being at Stanford. It may be just me but I see a little bit of Eli Manning in him.

Player Comparision- Eli Manning

[quote user="Big_Pete"]Here is a very early 2011 mock draft for the Giants, based on my initial expectations of team needs and early estimate of players values. This is roughlu alomng the lines of what I expect the Giants will try to do next year.

1. RB

2. MLB Quan Sturdivant,

State (6-3, 298, 5.16)

190, 4.48)

7. TE Mike
    [/quote] Hey Big Pete that would be good but you forgot a DE. You know Reese has to get one every yr .LOL