+ Reply to Thread
Page 401 of 562 FirstFirst ... 301351391399400401402403411451501 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,010 of 5613
  1. #4001
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    29,392
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Huh? Still way to early to say. TC has always been very slow to introduce rookies to the lineup, especially on offense.

    But....

    1 can hardly say Martin outclassed Wilson today since Wilson gained more yards in 2 kickoff returns than Martin did in all his 20 touches. Wilson gave us excellent field position.


    I will say that thus far, Alfred Morris has been the best rookie RB in the NFL, a guy I had on my list of the 2 most underrated prospects coming out last year. I seem to remember posters arguing with me saying he we was likely going to be undrafted.
    You kidding? Martin might of had only a 3.3 YPC but he had a great TD run and Wilson simply coulden't do squat besides drop a Wideopen pass and avg 2 YPC on 3carries.. If u don't think Doug Martin outplayed Wilson, then ur just being stubborn.. Again, no kidding its still early but WIlson had first crack at the job after Bradshaw went down and coulden't do it.. I dont want to here about him being a rookie becuase Daryl Richardson all ready stole a ton of Stepen Jacksons carries,a nd Alfred Morris is starting in Washington, and Trent Richardson got his first 100yrd game and Martin blew away Blount in Tampa for the starting job...etc

    Wilson has looked dreadful in the first 2weeks, its not like hes jut looked mediocre or something.. Hes made a Huge error in both weeks that stick out.. The huge fumble and the ridiculous drop... It has nothing to do with Coughlin, he'd be using the kid alot more often, but he keeps souring Coughlin with these dreadful plays that stick out..


    Again, i said its really early still.. I realize that... I would love to see Wilson proove me wrong, but as of now the only 2 1st rd RB's i seen were Richardson and Martin.. Could u imagine Cordy Glenn on this team right now? With Bradshaw, Brown, and Scott as our trio?

    PROOVE ME WRONG WILSON!

  2. #4002
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    29,392
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Huh? Still way to early to say. TC has always been very slow to introduce rookies to the lineup, especially on offense.

    But....

    1 can hardly say Martin outclassed Wilson today since Wilson gained more yards in 2 kickoff returns than Martin did in all his 20 touches. Wilson gave us excellent field position.


    I will say that thus far, Alfred Morris has been the best rookie RB in the NFL, a guy I had on my list of the 2 most underrated prospects coming out last year. I seem to remember posters arguing with me saying he we was likely going to be undrafted.
    I don't remember saying Morris was gonna go Undrafted and even if i did, so what? The guy went in like RD 7 or 6 didn't he? Pretty close another words.. ANd u were spot on with Morris.. Good call! Its one of the reasons i didn't want Wilson, because there was so much great depth at RB u could find later on and i personally have a diffrent view on what type of RB's are 1st rd worthy then some.. Martin and Richardson were the only 2 that combined not only the size/speed/ pass catching ability, but also ability to give u 20plus carries every week and be a lead back from start of there career...

  3. #4003
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Huh? Still way to early to say. TC has always been very slow to introduce rookies to the lineup, especially on offense.

    But....

    1 can hardly say Martin outclassed Wilson today since Wilson gained more yards in 2 kickoff returns than Martin did in all his 20 touches. Wilson gave us excellent field position.


    I will say that thus far, Alfred Morris has been the best rookie RB in the NFL, a guy I had on my list of the 2 most underrated prospects coming out last year. I seem to remember posters arguing with me saying he we was likely going to be undrafted.
    I still dont think Morris is all that special.Not explosive.He is 1 of those backs that take what the line givers and not much else.
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 09-17-2012 at 10:39 AM.

  4. #4004
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I don't remember saying Morris was gonna go Undrafted and even if i did, so what? The guy went in like RD 7 or 6 didn't he? .
    Huh No i never said you said it, I do remember someone responding it. Sorry if I was not clear there. I can dig up the post but im not that motivated.

    But Morris has been the best rookie Back in the NFL so far. This is indisputable. You say he isnt explosive, but he is certainly a workhorse and a good power back. .
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 09-17-2012 at 12:46 PM.

  5. #4005
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    You kidding? Martin might of had only a 3.3 YPC but he had a great TD run and Wilson simply coulden't do squat besides drop a Wideopen pass and avg 2 YPC on 3carries.. If u don't think Doug Martin outplayed Wilson, then ur just being stubborn.. Again, no kidding its still early but WIlson had first crack at the job after Bradshaw went down and coulden't do it.. I dont want to here about him being a rookie becuase Daryl Richardson all ready stole a ton of Stepen Jacksons carries,a nd Alfred Morris is starting in Washington, and Trent Richardson got his first 100yrd game and Martin blew away Blount in Tampa for the starting job...etc

    Wilson has looked dreadful in the first 2weeks, its not like hes jut looked mediocre or something.. Hes made a Huge error in both weeks that stick out.. The huge fumble and the ridiculous drop... It has nothing to do with Coughlin, he'd be using the kid alot more often, but he keeps souring Coughlin with these dreadful plays that stick out..


    Again, i said its really early still.. I realize that... I would love to see Wilson proove me wrong, but as of now the only 2 1st rd RB's i seen were Richardson and Martin.. Could u imagine Cordy Glenn on this team right now? With Bradshaw, Brown, and Scott as our trio?

    PROOVE ME WRONG WILSON!
    The day of the draft, as our pick approached I said on these boards repeatedly that I thought we would pick Glenn if he was available. But, I was not upset with the Wilson pick either. In fact, I said prior to the draft that If there was 1 realistic pick we would not pass up on, it would be Glenn. But, I was wrong. clearly the front office had a problem with him. I guess we will never know what that was.

    As to yesterday's game, you can argue Martin v. Wilson all you want, but the fact is Wilson contributed more yards to his team than Martin and he did it in far fewer touches. He just did, end of story. Special teams yards count just as much. He had 2 VERY good kickoff returns and is in fact among the league leaders in kickoff returns right now. I am not saying he had a better game but I do think his contributions make it very hard for you to say Martin "outclassed" Wilson, your original statement.

    As I said above, TC is always very hesitant to install rookie offensive players. Again, this is fact it is well documented.

    You defended JJ last year when his contributions were less than meager on offense, but it seems you dont have the same patience with regards to Wilson? The only difference is that you proclaimed the JJ pick a good 1 and the Wilson pick a bad 1. I see a bit of hyprocisy here. I see a guy rooting for the picks he liked and sour grapes about the ones he did not.

    I will say it again, nobody, and I mean NOBODY, expected Wilson to contribute more immediately than Martin. Martin absolutely is more NFL ready. But that is largely due to the fact that he is older, much older by NFL standards. Martin turns 24 in January. Wilson, on the other hand, just turned 21 in June. You can say that does not matter, but it does. Wilson will be just 24 years old when his rookie contract is up. Martin will be 27(28 if option year). The Giants draft for the future, not just tomorrow.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 09-17-2012 at 12:55 PM.

  6. #4006
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    29,392
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    The day of the draft, as out pick approached I said on these boards repeatedly that I thought we would pick Glenn if he was available. But, I was not upset with the Wilson pick either.

    As to yesterday's game, you can argue Martin v. Wilson all you want, but the fact is Wilson contributed more yards to his team than Martin. He just did, end of story. He had 2 VERY good kickoff returns and is in fact among the league leaders in kickoff returns right now. I am not saying he had a better game but I do think his contributions make it very hard for you to say Martin "outclassed" Wilson, your original statement.

    As I said above, TC is always very hesitant to install rookie offensive players. Again, this is fact it is well documented.

    You defended JJ last year when his contributions were less than meager on offense, but it seems you dont have the same patience with regards to Wilson? The only difference is that you proclaimed the JJ pick a good 1 and the Wilson pick a bad 1. I see a bit of hyprocisy here. I see a guy rooting for the picks he liked and sour grapes about the ones he did not.

    I will say it again, nobody, and I mean NOBODY, expected Wilson to contribute more immediately than Martin. Martin absolutely is more NFL ready. But that is largely due to the fact that he is older, much older by NFL standards. Martin turns 24 in January. Wilson, on the other hand, just turned 21 in June. You can say that does not matter, but it does. Wilson will be just 24 years old when his rookie contract is up. Martin will be 27. The Giants draft for the future, not just tomorrow.
    dude, u do realize u can rack up Kick Return yards alot easier then Rushing yards right? I mean, the guy ranked 28th in the league in AVG PER KR is avg'ing over 18yrds per KO return..lol

    I'm glad he did well in returning Kicks yesterday, but i'd much rather see him doing well as a RB.. Usually RB's who are focal points aren't Returning Kicks, because there to valuable to the offense..

  7. #4007
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    29,392
    I don't care how old WIlson is, that fumble was horrendus and that drop pass should of been caught by a High School freshman, let alone a pro rb.. Also, Avg'ing 2ypc on 5carries is pretty crusty as well.. U expect more from a 1st rd pick in the situation that wilson is in, no matter what..

    Again, its extremely early, but he needs to step uo like 1st rd picks are supposed to do, with the Oppurtunity in front of him.. He can't be letting 4th rd RB's steal the starting job from him..

  8. #4008
    Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    Guys like Andre brown and Alfred Morris are why you don't waste first round picks on running backs.
    It depends there are also 20 other guys that do nothing.It depends a lot on the Oline u have . When the Giants had a good Oline mediocre backs like Derrick Ward looked good

  9. #4009
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I don't remember saying Morris was gonna go Undrafted and even if i did, so what? The guy went in like RD 7 or 6 didn't he? Pretty close another words.. ANd u were spot on with Morris.. Good call! Its one of the reasons i didn't want Wilson, because there was so much great depth at RB u could find later on and i personally have a diffrent view on what type of RB's are 1st rd worthy then some.. Martin and Richardson were the only 2 that combined not only the size/speed/ pass catching ability, but also ability to give u 20plus carries every week and be a lead back from start of there career...
    Ive seen Shannhan plug in guys off the street and rush for 1000 yards in that zone blocking scheme he has

  10. #4010
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    29,392
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Ive seen Shannhan plug in guys off the street and rush for 1000 yards in that zone blocking scheme he has
    It certainly woulden't be the first time he got a late rder/UDF RB and made em a stud.. Terrell Davis and Mike Anderson come to mind... Shannahans problem is he dosen't give his guys a chance lately.. He flip flops 2much never giving a RB a feel for the starting job.. If i was him, i'd plug Alfred Morris into that starting RB positon the entire season unless he just plays terribly which i don't think he will..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts