+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 562 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144544 ... LastLast

Re: A look at the 2011 NFL draft

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]i guess i was alittle pre-mature on the miami and bama bashing...lol Oh well, they deserved it, when i was giving it!!!lol And how about Mizzo? WOW! But my big shout out goes to the Hurricane Defense, who i ripped for there sad play in the beggining of last nights game and dating back a couple weeks, but they really stepped up in the 2nd half of last nights tilt with UNC... Way to go Miami!
    [/quote] Alabama isnt a good and its to be understood they lost 9 starters on defense. Miami is a very medicore team as is the whole ACC. Florida State or VT is the best team in that conference.State got killed by Oklahoma and Tech lost to James Madision. FSU is defitnly on the upswing though.Forcing Bowden out the door was there best move .In a couple years that will pay off. I personally do not think Randy Shannon is going to get the Hurricanes all the way back. I think they will be a 10-4 type team every year.[/quote] Its hard for me to get mad at anyone getting ripped by Oklahoma, they were just ranked number 1 in the country.. U can still be pretty darn good and get ripped by the Number 1 team in the country.. But, all i was doing was giving a shout out to Miami and Bama for coming up so ferosious in the 2nd half of there respective games last night, with no thought into there fairing in the future...

How about Kenny Britt Redeye? All that arguement i had to deal with about him being Slow and dropping Pass's when he was coming out(don't think it was U?), and i coulden't for the Life of Me, understand how people coulden't see his big play production and realize he was plenty fast enough, to go with Incredible Strength and Quite Frankly Skill.. Britt was one of the Better WR's i've seen Play in recent memory in college football, i 100pct new he was gonna be insanly good.. I also loved Nicks, don't get me wrong... I remember Slip actually arguing in favor of Brian Robiske...lol I'm doing pretty good with my TOP Player i Talked about the Past 2seasons, being Kenny britt and earl thomas... I don't really have one clear guy as of now, that stands above all as the guy i want the GMEN to draft, but theres still plenty of time.. All thoug, u may Laugh, but Derek Sherrod is extremley high on my Hopeful list, for NYG 1st Rders...
    [/quote]No I liked Britt. I really liked his size. I think the Giants made the right choice for this team though. Not sure waht kind of info the Giants might of had about his character as well

All-Pro

Following Britt at Rutgers and being a Jersey guy I liked him. However, they where both there and the Giants took Nicks. Maybe they did their homework and knew something. Seems like Britt has a lot of little issues going on and maybe being so close to home would be a bad thing.

He bailed out a friend who was later caught trying to dump a body in the river, he had tons of unpaid parking tickets (not a violent crime but why when you are rich), his college girlfriend and mother of his child had to sue him (a millionaire) for child support and he ripped into her online (I think it was Facebook) and threatened to have his sister beat her up, was threatened to be benched this summer, and was just involved in a night club fight.

To date, Nicks has ben the better pro. Maybe not by a mile, but to date I think the Giants made the right choice.

Veteran

A little random here, but looking at various teams around the NFL this season, I'm thinking that there are going to be A LOT of QB's taken in the first round. Buffalo, Arizona, San Fran, Jacksonville, Carolina, (and to a lesser extent Oakland, Seattle, Cinncy, and maybe even Minnesota) could all use a true franchise QB. Now I'm wondering who goes where... and drooling at the possibility that JR may get some great new toys falling into his lap []

(I wonder if we could mug New England for their 1's and 2's?)

[quote user="Raptor22"]A little random here, but looking at various teams around the NFL this season, I'm thinking that there are going to be A LOT of QB's taken in the first round. Buffalo, Arizona, San Fran, Jacksonville, Carolina, (and to a lesser extent Oakland, Seattle, Cinncy, and maybe even Minnesota) could all use a true franchise QB. Now I'm wondering who goes where... and drooling at the possibility that JR may get some great new toys falling into his lap []

(I wonder if we could mug New England for their 1's and 2's?)

[/quote]NE trades for MORE picks not less so no. IDK buff's got fitzpatrick who so far has a 102 passer rating. if he keep it up i dont see buff using a first on a qb. arizona most likely but they are gonna see what max hall can do, so its too early to speculate . San Fran,Jax,Sea,min DEFINITELY. Carolina just spent a 2nd on a QB and even though he didnt play well he IS a rookie. how many qb's do you think are 1st round worthy? teams dont draft for need in the first so dont count on "toys" falling anywhere near us. there will be talent where we pick but only cause this is a very talented draft class depending on the juniors that declare.

I am saying the following:

Dwayne Harris WR- ECU
    Mark Ingram RB- ALA
    Russell Wilson QB- North Car. St
    Eric Olsen C- ND
    Case Keenum-QB- Houston
    Greg Little WR- UNC

[quote user="tdiddy7193"]I am saying the following:

Dwayne Harris WR- ECU
    Mark Ingram RB- ALA
    Russell Wilson QB- North Car. St
    Eric Olsen C- ND
    Case Keenum-QB- Houston
    Greg Little WR- UNC[/quote]lmao! Seriously? First off look at my sig. Olsen plays for the broncos. 2nd of all we have one of the youngest most talented wr corps in the league and you want to take 2 more!? I really hope this isn't what you think the giants are gonna do. 2 qbs ? I do like Wilson but 2? Wow

Harris is a good WR, very striong, fast, kickoff and punt returner. Can throw the ball.

Yes, 2 QB'S sound like too much, but the Giants need backups for Manning. I do not see Sage and Rhett being backups. Though Rhett is on the practice squad I cant see him becoming a NFL QB. Sage is old, and those 2 QB'S would be a wise decision.

[quote user="tdiddy7193"]Harris is a good WR, very striong, fast, kickoff and punt returner. Can throw the ball.

Yes, 2 QB'S sound like too much, but the Giants need backups for Manning. I do not see Sage and Rhett being backups. Though Rhett is on the practice squad I cant see him becoming a NFL QB. Sage is old, and those 2 QB'S would be a wise decision.[/quote]so what? dez bryant is an amazing receiver and we didnt draft him. I can see us taking a ST returner but wont be until the 5th round or lower. like i said i like the kid from state but we arent taking 2. just not gonna happen. you also dont have 1 olineman lbr or TE. also we currently have the no 1 RUSHER IN THE NFL so i seriously doubt we spend a first on a RB and as things are looking he'll be loooong gone by the time we pick.

Who will be available at pick 32?

Who cares
    Forget the Past, Live for the Future!