+ Reply to Thread
Page 441 of 562 FirstFirst ... 341391431439440441442443451491541 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,410 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Disagree about nothing wrong with Minters measurables. He's got to be 5'11 at most.
    ya but really who cares? Guys who are 6ft or 6ft 1in or whatever could very well have bigger heads or whatever.. If hes got solid arm length, then i could care less if hes 5ft 11in.. Although, i still think hes at least 6ft 240plus lbs.. Hes a enforcer! It'd be great if teams let em slide because of a inch or 2, and we scooped em up for there stupidiity. Hes gonna be a baller!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    ya but really who cares? Guys who are 6ft or 6ft 1in or whatever could very well have bigger heads or whatever.. If hes got solid arm length, then i could care less if hes 5ft 11in.. Although, i still think hes at least 6ft 240plus lbs.. Hes a enforcer! It'd be great if teams let em slide because of a inch or 2, and we scooped em up for there stupidiity. Hes gonna be a baller!
    They got him at 6'1 245. I think he's 5'11 240. He can put on 10-15 pounds and not lose much Speed. I think he runs a 4.6-4.65 40

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    They got him at 6'1 245. I think he's 5'11 240. He can put on 10-15 pounds and not lose much Speed. I think he runs a 4.6-4.65 40
    5'11 is tiny for a middle linebacker. That's part of the reason Greg jones struggled.

I don't think Minter has extra length arms either. He really looks like a fullback playing defense to me.

In truth we dont know what he is right now, but for arguments sake,lets assume the rumors are true and he is 5' 11" and not 6'1. That really does matter. The primary reason is not because he can play MLB, but because he cannot be an every down player. At 5'11 he would not be of the 2 LBs who stays in on nickle plays because he would end up with the Occasional responsibility of covering a TE, something he would be ill equipped to do.

Since defenses in the NFL are in the nickle now over 60% of the time, his height will matter a great deal.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 11-10-2012 at 04:55 AM.

Disagree about nothing wrong with Minters measurables. He's got to be 5'11 at most.
    That is what I see him at too from television comparisons...maybe 6' but I keep reading different places 6'1" and even on the LSU site 6'2". Probably won't know for sure until the Combine.

ya, i don't know if weighing in at 255lbs and not being 6ft is a good thing or not? I like his weight at his height.. He seems to move around just fine and has enough meat to really lay the wood and work through traffic to get to ball carriers and behind the line.. I'm completely sold on Minter..

Hes one of my fave prospects this yr.. I think hes a NFL starter for a long time to come...

5'11 is tiny for a middle linebacker. That's part of the reason Greg jones struggled.

I don't think Minter has extra length arms either. He really looks like a fullback playing defense to me.
    Greg Jones had really short arms, and i don't think he moved around as well as Minter.. Minter carries his weight really well and moves around fairly gracefully.. He seems more athletic then Greg Jones..

Anyone see the yr's Earl Thomas and Akeem Ayers are having this yr? Ayers is on pace for 133tackles 6sacks 8Pass defended 6TFL.. Straight beast! Loved Earl and Akeem coming out! Both of em are turning into dynamite players...

Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    That is what I see him at too from television comparisons...maybe 6' but I keep reading different places 6'1" and even on the LSU site 6'2". Probably won't know for sure until the Combine.
    1 thing LSU measurements are consistently overblown. I do agree he looks a little stubby like Jones but he is much more fluid then Greg Jones.
    U guys think Greg Jones will be brought back to compete in camp in 2013 when rosters expand. He made it to final cuts.
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 11-10-2012 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Anyone see the yr's Earl Thomas and Akeem Ayers are having this yr? Ayers is on pace for 133tackles 6sacks 8Pass defended 6TFL.. Straight beast! Loved Earl and Akeem coming out! Both of em are turning into dynamite players...
    I barely ever see Ayers play. Titans are just not a team I chose to watch. Earl Thomas has been very good but the Seahawks do employ him in a perfect fitting role , deep Cover 1. As good as he is playing the pass ,He struggles playing the run. The Seahawks combat this problem with Kam Chancelor who is an elite run defender. I love when teams get it when building their defense. The Seahawks got 2 guys that compliment each other perfectly.
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 11-10-2012 at 08:38 AM.

+ Reply to Thread