+ Reply to Thread
Page 447 of 562 FirstFirst ... 347397437445446447448449457497547 ... LastLast
Results 4,461 to 4,470 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

  1. #4461
    Veteran heavyhitter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    FLORIDA
    Posts
    2,700
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Ya ELAM could return, but if he dosen't i like him alot as well.. I think ur underestimating Rambo like alot of people are..
    I'm not underestimating him I just think Tony Jefferson is a better prospect that's all. There seems to be a lot of big, physical safeties in this years draft and I'd love for the Giants to grab one in the first 3 rounds.

  2. #4462
    The San Jose State QB David Fales is really good. Will shoot up draft boards. Clean Mechanics, Nice short and intermediate accuracy, Very good route anticipation, Havent seen enough deep balls from him but the 2 games we have on Draftbreakdown Im very impressed

  3. #4463
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,096
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I am not against him, I do see the promise and I like his skillset . I just have 2 concerns he plays very very tall when blocking. and 2) His build concerns me. He is tall(a good thing)but his legs appear to be about 10 feet long. I worry about his potential for injuries as an end line TE.

    I think 3rd round is a fair rating for him though.
    nah man, i wasen't posting the walt football stuff because of what u said, just becasue he was a guy that i just mocked to us, and it had some info on em is all..

    Either way, i think every prospect has something or another wrong with em, i try to not get caught up in the leg length, and if a guys a half inch shorter then he should be..etc Its just not my thing.. I let u guys worry about that stuff..

    Hence why hes not a 1st or early 2nd rd prospect.. Ur obviously gonna have a flaw or 2 with a guy ur getting in the lateish 3rd rd... I think ELI would have a field Day with Fauria...

  4. #4464
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lakenheath AFB England
    Posts
    3,674
    It's sad cause I think T.Eifert would be a beast on this team. He's like a Witten/(prime)shockey combination. Kid gets up field and blocks, pushes guys back they have him at 6'6 251 I think hes 6'3-6'4, 245. whats the chances of this team taking him in the first and actually utilizing him? I have always felt eli needs a safety measure over the middle, people thought bennett was going to be that safe option; nothing against him but he just looks lethargic out there sometimes, now we find out he's been playing hurt. sigh*

    Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

  5. #4465
    Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    It's sad cause I think T.Eifert would be a beast on this team. He's like a Witten/(prime)shockey combination. Kid gets up field and blocks, pushes guys back they have him at 6'6 251 I think hes 6'3-6'4, 245. whats the chances of this team taking him in the first and actually utilizing him? I have always felt eli needs a safety measure over the middle, people thought bennett was going to be that safe option; nothing against him but he just looks lethargic out there sometimes, now we find out he's been playing hurt. sigh*
    I would love a primetime TE on this team. But in truth I dont see us spending a 1st rounder to get him because frankly, we dont use a TE enough to warrant it. Especially when you consider how many holes we have on defense. That makes it hard to spend a 1st rounder on a guy who plays only some downs.

  6. #4466
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lakenheath AFB England
    Posts
    3,674
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I would love a primetime TE on this team. But in truth I dont see us spending a 1st rounder to get him because frankly, we dont use a TE enough to warrant it. Especially when you consider how many holes we have on defense. That makes it hard to spend a 1st rounder on a guy who plays only some downs.
    I hear ya. I think if we had a Line that didn't need help, we would use the TE a little more. Eifert is more than just a receiving TE, he is a great inline blocker as well. Just want to see an extra dimension in this offense, we complain about the down the field passes on 3rd and 2; A prime time TE like you said would solve most of those issues.

    Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

  7. #4467
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    36,624
    I still disagree with the idea that the giants offense doesnt utilitze a TE.

    I think if Bennett was resigned and stayed healthy next season he would be well over 1k yards.

    The giants constantly are looking to draft athletic pass catching TEs, Boss, Shockey, Beckum, Robinson, etc.

    Apart from Shockey, none of those guys have done much in their first year with the team, and Gilbride wasent there for Shockeys first two seasons, so it seems like any TE on the team takes at least a season to really understand Gilbrides system.

  8. #4468
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lakenheath AFB England
    Posts
    3,674
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I still disagree with the idea that the giants offense doesnt utilitze a TE.

    I think if Bennett was resigned and stayed healthy next season he would be well over 1k yards.

    The giants constantly are looking to draft athletic pass catching TEs, Boss, Shockey, Beckum, Robinson, etc.

    Apart from Shockey, none of those guys have done much in their first year with the team, and Gilbride wasent there for Shockeys first two seasons, so it seems like any TE on the team takes at least a season to really understand Gilbrides system.
    I've had this argument on this board since last year, you put a talented TE that can block the way thr coaches want and
    an be receiving threat. Watch eli stats soar; give Eli now a non whining shockey in his prime.and we will not have to force throws down the field on 3rd down.
    Eifert is the overall package, the knock on fleener last year was his blocking even though we have one of the best TE coaches. Eifert is a blocker with elite receiving ability. He is the only TE worth a first round grade to me 20-25th pick is where i would put him.

    Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

  9. #4469
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lakenheath AFB England
    Posts
    3,674
    Round 1 – Sheldon Richardson DT, missouri

    Round 2 – David Amerson CB, NC state

    Round 3 – Bacarri Rambo S, Georgia

    Round 4 - Brennan Williams OT NC

    Round 5 - Jonotthan Harrison C, Florida

    Round 6 - Philip Lutzenkirchen TE, Aurburn

    Round 7 - Tyrann Mathieu S, LSU

    Not to good at making mocks this time of the year, so i played it kind of safe. Lutzenkirchen was projected 2-3 round a year ago but due to his injury I think would fall; unless bill belicheck and the Pats drafts 3 TE in the first 3 rounds. I have Mathieu going UDFA due to his off the field issues, If he does, expect Jerry to swipe him early. He is too risky for even a 7th round pick, which is why I would take him there. I believe coughlin could get this kid back on track.

    Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

  10. #4470
    Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    I've had this argument on this board since last year, you put a talented TE that can block the way thr coaches want and
    an be receiving threat. Watch eli stats soar; give Eli now a non whining shockey in his prime.and we will not have to force throws down the field on 3rd down.
    Eifert is the overall package, the knock on fleener last year was his blocking even though we have one of the best TE coaches. Eifert is a blocker with elite receiving ability. He is the only TE worth a first round grade to me 20-25th pick is where i would put him.
    Here's what Mcshay had to say about the TE class:

    "San Diego State's Gavin Escobar (79) doesn't get much national love, but West Coast NFL scouts have been whispering about the athletic pass-catching tight end.


    Escobar (6-5, 255) leads the team with 35 catches for 483 yards and five touchdowns. He's not a senior and could very well return to SDSU for another season, but should he leave early, Escobar could be one of five non-senior tight ends selected in the first three rounds. Here are the top five draft-eligible players on the board, all of whom are non-seniors.

    1. Zach Ertz, Stanford (6-6, 249; 89)
    2. Tyler Eifert, Notre Dame (6-6, 250; 88)
    3. Escobar
    4. Dion Sims, Michigan State (6-5, 276; 78)
    5.Levine Toilolo, Stanford (6-8, 263; 76)

    I've heard no buzz about Ertz staying or going, but most scouts I've talked to have a strong feeling that Eifert is leaning heavily toward leaving. If both declare for the draft, it will be interesting to see who comes off the board first, because teams seem to be split on who is the better overall prospect.
    For the record, the highest-rated senior tight end on our board right now is Auburn's Philip Lutzenkirchen, who is rated just slightly ahead of Joseph Fauria (UCLA) and Jake Stoneburner (Ohio State). That trio will be jockeying for position in the middle rounds."

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts