+ Reply to Thread
Page 448 of 562 FirstFirst ... 348398438446447448449450458498548 ... LastLast
Results 4,471 to 4,480 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I still disagree with the idea that the giants offense doesnt utilitze a TE.

I think if Bennett was resigned and stayed healthy next season he would be well over 1k yards.

The giants constantly are looking to draft athletic pass catching TEs, Boss, Shockey, Beckum, Robinson, etc.

Apart from Shockey, none of those guys have done much in their first year with the team, and Gilbride wasent there for Shockeys first two seasons, so it seems like any TE on the team takes at least a season to really understand Gilbrides system.
    "Bennett would be well over 1k yards." lol

Don't look now, but the underrated Notre Dame football team finally took over the No. 1 spot. Alabama/Oregon could be No.2.

Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    "Bennett would be well over 1k yards." lol
    Not sure what the funny part is. He would likely average about 70 or so yards a game.

Not sure what the funny part is. He would likely average about 70 or so yards a game.
    Highly doubtful. Last season was the first time the Giants EVER had two 1k recievers and now you think they can have 3? Right now he's on pace to just about match Jake Ballards production from last season (Infact he's averaging 2 yards per game less then Ballard did).....The peices may change, but the offense stays the same
    Last edited by juice33s; 11-18-2012 at 03:26 AM.

Highly doubtful. Last season was the first time the Giants EVER had two 1k recievers and now you think they can have 3?
    It wouldn't surprise me at all. Bennett is going to be over 50 catches this season probably, and drops quite a few passes as well.

I think it would be very possibly he could have 70+ catches.

Who is the best TE the giants have had with Eli and gilbride? Shockey for a couple years? They really haven't had much talent at the position. It's hard to infer from poor talent what they would have with good/great talent

And like I said earlier. You are comparing TEs who were in the system for over a year, and ones who were healthy. That Bennett is already putting up comparable numbers hurt and new to the system means he has way more upside and can put up much greater numbers

It wouldn't surprise me at all. Bennett is going to be over 50 catches this season probably, and drops quite a few passes as well.

Who is the best TE the giants have had with Eli and gilbride? Shockey for a couple years? They really haven't had much talent at the position. It's hard to infer from poor talent what they would have with good/great talent

And like I said earlier. You are comparing TEs who were in the system for over a year, and ones who were healthy. That Bennett is already putting up comparable numbers hurt and new to the system means he has way more upside and can put up much greater numbers
    Being new to the system doesn't have much to do with anything, both Shockey and Plax had their best seasons in their first year with the Giants. Getting 1,000 yards for a TE is no easy feat, Most of the guys who did it were the number 1 options for their team and Bennett will never be more then a 3rd option at best

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
    Don't look now, but the underrated Notre Dame football team finally took over the No. 1 spot. Alabama/Oregon could be No.2.
    Yep, with Oregon and Kansas State taking a fall it is pretty much assured. Notre Dame needed to blow Wake Forest out and they did it. One more game against a pretty mediocre USC and it should be a wrap. The problem is, USC has won the rivalry battle for the most part. Of course, this is a new Notre Dame team.

Being new to the system doesn't have much to do with anything, both Shockey and Plax had their best seasons in their first year with the Giants. Getting 1,000 yards for a TE is no easy feat, Most of the guys who did it were the number 1 options for their team and Bennett will never be more then a 3rd option at best
    Shockey was here before gilbride.

He was productive early in the season before he got injured. He may get 750 yards this season not being utilized as much as he could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    Yep, with Oregon and Kansas State taking a fall it is pretty much assured. Notre Dame needed to blow Wake Forest out and they did it. One more game against a pretty mediocre USC and it should be a wrap. The problem is, USC has won the rivalry battle for the most part. Of course, this is a new Notre Dame team.
    I think Notre Dame will get destroyed by Alabama.

+ Reply to Thread