+ Reply to Thread
Page 448 of 562 FirstFirst ... 348398438446447448449450458498548 ... LastLast
Results 4,471 to 4,480 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

  1. #4471
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I still disagree with the idea that the giants offense doesnt utilitze a TE.

    I think if Bennett was resigned and stayed healthy next season he would be well over 1k yards.

    The giants constantly are looking to draft athletic pass catching TEs, Boss, Shockey, Beckum, Robinson, etc.

    Apart from Shockey, none of those guys have done much in their first year with the team, and Gilbride wasent there for Shockeys first two seasons, so it seems like any TE on the team takes at least a season to really understand Gilbrides system.
    "Bennett would be well over 1k yards." lol

  2. #4472
    Don't look now, but the underrated Notre Dame football team finally took over the No. 1 spot. Alabama/Oregon could be No.2.

  3. #4473
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    39,645
    Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    "Bennett would be well over 1k yards." lol
    Not sure what the funny part is. He would likely average about 70 or so yards a game.

  4. #4474
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Not sure what the funny part is. He would likely average about 70 or so yards a game.
    Highly doubtful. Last season was the first time the Giants EVER had two 1k recievers and now you think they can have 3? Right now he's on pace to just about match Jake Ballards production from last season (Infact he's averaging 2 yards per game less then Ballard did).....The peices may change, but the offense stays the same
    Last edited by juice33s; 11-18-2012 at 03:26 AM.

  5. #4475
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    39,645
    Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    Highly doubtful. Last season was the first time the Giants EVER had two 1k recievers and now you think they can have 3?
    It wouldn't surprise me at all. Bennett is going to be over 50 catches this season probably, and drops quite a few passes as well.

    I think it would be very possibly he could have 70+ catches.

    Who is the best TE the giants have had with Eli and gilbride? Shockey for a couple years? They really haven't had much talent at the position. It's hard to infer from poor talent what they would have with good/great talent

    And like I said earlier. You are comparing TEs who were in the system for over a year, and ones who were healthy. That Bennett is already putting up comparable numbers hurt and new to the system means he has way more upside and can put up much greater numbers

  6. #4476
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me at all. Bennett is going to be over 50 catches this season probably, and drops quite a few passes as well.

    I think it would be very possibly he could have 70+ catches.

    Who is the best TE the giants have had with Eli and gilbride? Shockey for a couple years? They really haven't had much talent at the position. It's hard to infer from poor talent what they would have with good/great talent

    And like I said earlier. You are comparing TEs who were in the system for over a year, and ones who were healthy. That Bennett is already putting up comparable numbers hurt and new to the system means he has way more upside and can put up much greater numbers
    Being new to the system doesn't have much to do with anything, both Shockey and Plax had their best seasons in their first year with the Giants. Getting 1,000 yards for a TE is no easy feat, Most of the guys who did it were the number 1 options for their team and Bennett will never be more then a 3rd option at best

  7. #4477
    Veteran Rat_bastich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Hampton, VA
    Posts
    2,731
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
    Don't look now, but the underrated Notre Dame football team finally took over the No. 1 spot. Alabama/Oregon could be No.2.
    Yep, with Oregon and Kansas State taking a fall it is pretty much assured. Notre Dame needed to blow Wake Forest out and they did it. One more game against a pretty mediocre USC and it should be a wrap. The problem is, USC has won the rivalry battle for the most part. Of course, this is a new Notre Dame team.

  8. #4478
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    39,645
    Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    Being new to the system doesn't have much to do with anything, both Shockey and Plax had their best seasons in their first year with the Giants. Getting 1,000 yards for a TE is no easy feat, Most of the guys who did it were the number 1 options for their team and Bennett will never be more then a 3rd option at best
    Shockey was here before gilbride.

  9. #4479
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me at all. Bennett is going to be over 50 catches this season probably, and drops quite a few passes as well.

    I think it would be very possibly he could have 70+ catches.

    Who is the best TE the giants have had with Eli and gilbride? Shockey for a couple years? They really haven't had much talent at the position. It's hard to infer from poor talent what they would have with good/great talent

    And like I said earlier. You are comparing TEs who were in the system for over a year, and ones who were healthy. That Bennett is already putting up comparable numbers hurt and new to the system means he has way more upside and can put up much greater numbers
    He was productive early in the season before he got injured. He may get 750 yards this season not being utilized as much as he could be.

  10. #4480
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    Yep, with Oregon and Kansas State taking a fall it is pretty much assured. Notre Dame needed to blow Wake Forest out and they did it. One more game against a pretty mediocre USC and it should be a wrap. The problem is, USC has won the rivalry battle for the most part. Of course, this is a new Notre Dame team.
    I think Notre Dame will get destroyed by Alabama.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts