+ Reply to Thread
Page 451 of 562 FirstFirst ... 351401441449450451452453461501551 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,510 of 5613
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    No way would they be undefeated without him. U know what bugs me, How good Geno Atkins is.I wish we had him instead that waste of roster space Marvin Austin.
    I loved Atkins coming out. Really wanted him that draft. They took Phillip Dillard 5 picks before Atkins.

I really liked Chancellor (hit) and Owusu Ansah (miss) too in that same round.

My favorite player in that entire draft was Daryl Washington, made a thread about how the giants should take him in the first.

JPP worked out pretty well, and I cant complain about them taking Linval one pick before Washington either, I suppose.
    Last edited by slipknottin; 11-20-2012 at 04:11 PM.

I like the Giants taking Barrett Jones out of Bama with our first pick, he is a good sized OLman and he is smart enough to play at multiple positions which may be required. honestly if we dont take two linemen in this draft I wont be able to forgive JR

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    No way would they be undefeated without him. U know what bugs me, How good Geno Atkins is.I wish we had him instead that waste of roster space Marvin Austin.
    Ya, i was a big Atkins fan myself, but also liked the Austin pick up.. I remember we had debated with that dude who was all "stphen paea" after we got Austin, in defense of the selection...lol Oh well, u can't get em all right, ey?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I loved Atkins coming out. Really wanted him that draft. They took Phillip Dillard 5 picks before Atkins. I really liked Chancellor (hit) and Owusu Ansah (miss) too in that same round.My favorite player in that entire draft was Daryl Washington, made a thread about how the giants should take him in the first. JPP worked out pretty well, and I cant complain about them taking Linval one pick before Washington either, I suppose.
    I distinctly remember you saying that chancellor was an Aaron rouse clone. And no I don't mean aaron ross

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I cant really complain about the guys you have us selecting right now. Top 3 are good players. But I do not think this team has the luxury of waiting to select Olineman anymore. Literally all of our recent early draft picks are going nowhere till we shore up this oline.

It seems like Reese likes to get Onlinemen in free agency lately, and I would be fine with that. But until we do it, I cannot forgive another offseason of passing on Oline. You know last draft I said the 1 guy who I didnt think we could get, but as it turned out we could have, was Cordy Glenn. If we do not address this need this offseason, I think this team goes into rapid decline.
    Yup, i surely wish we drafted Cordy Glenn, as i thought he had the most value last yr, but we also didn't do anything to crazy in FA"cy, and if not for the shakeup that coughlin stupidily(only way to put it) done with the oline by taking Locklear out and inexplicably putting back david "bum" diehl, our line had been doing absoulutley fantastically.. And unfortunetly we can't fill every positon in the draft that we seemingly need.. I didn't even add a CB, and we could very well lose Webster, leaving us with Prince and Hosley, and then unknowns.. Were gonna have to use FA'cy for something.. Next wk, i very well could have us going OLIne in rd 1 for all i know?

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    I distinctly remember you saying that chancellor was an Aaron rouse clone. And no I don't mean aaron ross
    I thought I said that about Robert Sands or was it Myron Rolle
    Last edited by slipknottin; 11-20-2012 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Yup, i surely wish we drafted Cordy Glenn, as i thought he had the most value last yr, but we also didn't do anything to crazy in FA"cy, and if not for the shakeup that coughlin stupidily(only way to put it) done with the oline by taking Locklear out and inexplicably putting back david "bum" diehl, our line had been doing absoulutley fantastically.. And unfortunetly we can't fill every positon in the draft that we seemingly need.. I didn't even add a CB, and we could very well lose Webster, leaving us with Prince and Hosley, and then unknowns.. Were gonna have to use FA'cy for something.. Next wk, i very well could have us going OLIne in rd 1 for all i know?
    I worried a lot about medical with Glenn. And he likely would be getting as much playing time as Wilson gets, you know Coughlin would be playing Diehl over Glenn. Beatty has been excellent this year, so fortunately the offensive line hasent been as bad as it was last year.
    Last edited by slipknottin; 11-20-2012 at 07:55 PM.

I worried a lot about medical with Glenn. And he likely would be getting as much playing time as Wilson gets, you know Coughlin would be playing Diehl over Glenn. Beatty has been excellent this year, so fortunately the offensive line hasent been as bad as it was last year.
    You are right, he prolly wouldnt have played this year. But he would have in the future and that is what I am most worried about. Mayock said it best, all our Linemen except 1 are on the downside of their career and are about the same age. We cannot let them all age together. We have to start replacing them slowly.

Likely, anyone we draft this year wont be played next year very much. It is just TC's way. That only emphasizes the need even more to me because we have to draft guys now to contribute in 2 years. Part of me is worried we already waited 1 year too long.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    You are right, he prolly wouldnt have played this year. But he would have in the future and that is what I am most worried about. Mayock said it best, all our Linemen except 1 are on the downside of their career and are about the same age. We cannot let them all age together. We have to start replacing them slowly.

Likely, anyone we draft this year wont be played next year very much. It is just TC's way. That only emphasizes the need even more to me because we have to draft guys now to contribute in 2 years. Part of me is worried we already waited 1 year too long.
    i agree for the most part, but think we should grab some Olineman in FA'cy, so that coughlin will definetly play them next yr.. I mean, ELI's not getting any younger, and were obviously of championship caliber, so i'd hate wasting 2 many yrs developing guys on oline when we have a franchise QB in his prime for another couple seasons...

I wasen't 2 worried.. Hes gonna be a outstanding player.. Bills fans and Bills beat writers rave about this kid.. I wish we had drafted em.. Even if he wasent 2 play much this yr, i still wish we'd drafted em..