+ Reply to Thread
Page 457 of 562 FirstFirst ... 357407447455456457458459467507557 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,570 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Mock Draft time! We looked sensational coming off the bye wk! Giants just creamed the Packers!!! And we were getting pressure all night which was great 2 see! I'm moving us closer to rd 2 this week and have us picking at pick 28! Creaming GB like that is really impressive! We destroyed GB and SF this yr, and both teams 2 me, are the best 2 teams outside of ourselves, so that says something..

RD1.. Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame- Just a really special talent.. THe more i see Bennett play, the more i feel like he had a flukey stretch earlier in the season, where he probably was really motivated for a change 2 show the world and cowboys that he was better then thought of, and i feel it was hard for him to keep up that intensity , because u simply can't change people.. Sure hes been dinged up, but come on! Dudes been non existent for most part for about 6wk's now, after such a great start.. Also, hes a FA.. Eifert at TE, just helps ELI and Cruz and Nicks(if we keep both going forward) that much more.. A reliable wk in and wk out TE that brings it and is a matchup nightmare isn't so bad a pick late 1st.. I really like Eifert.. 44rec 624yrd 4td on the season so far, and would of been better if he didn't have kid larning the ropes at QB all yr in GOLSON...

RD2.. Oday Aboushi OT Virginia- I really doubt hes here come april, but if he is, its tremendous value for a guy whos really not far off from the 1st rd guys.. Hes having a solid yr and would be a perfect longterm RT solution for us.. Watch for him to rise to high for us to get em late 2nd, but as of now, most have as mid to late 2nd, so i'm taking em...

RD3.. Jordan Hill DT Penn St- Many know i like this kid, i've spoke about em before, and he was utterly brilliant against WISCONSIN this past wkend, doing just the things i feel will complement are big run stuffing DT Linval Joseph,who also can occasionaly make plays in the backfield.. Hill does that more regularly and is very quick off the ball and overall.. He had 3TFL , 2SACKS and 8Tackles VS the badgers.. Just a brilliant game that shows exactly why i've mocked em to us in the past.. Canty is owed alot of doe and Austin has been a no show and Bernard is a FA.. Youth and depth is needed...

RD4.. DJ Swearinger S S.Carolina- A hard hitting underrated S prospect.. Obviously a bit of S help is needed if KP leaves, and Swearinger could be the answer..

RD5.. Zach Line RB S.M.U- This kid is freaking powerful! I watched em a few times over his career, and a bit in there win over Tulsa this past weekend(had money on game), and again he was great.. He would be a great comp back to Dave Wilson going forward and could act as are Andre Brown if were to lose em or he loses something due to his latest injury, which is a broken leg.. Line also has good hands outta the backfield, as hes got 32catches all ready to go with his 29rushing TD's over the past 2yrs.. He was brilliant against tough Texas A&M even though offense as a whole did little, as he had 104yrd on 16carries and 5catches for 35yrds.. A better runner then Kuhn, who some might compare too..

RD6.. Craig Roh DE Michigan- Spoke about em recently.. A physical player, whos not a huge pass rusher, but plays with big time motor and uses will and power to get job done.. Could possibly be our new Tollefson?

RD7. Kenny Okoro CB W.Forest- Good sized CB, who fits mold of most our CB's, and we could use the depth.. I think he'll be a solid ST player as well, with the possible potential to be yet another big time late rd steal as i think he was a fairly big recruit for wake...
    Good players. Im not sure I agree about Bennett, but I certainly think Eifert is a solid pick, even if I think it unlikely the Giants go TE in the 1st.

Aboushi in the 2nd would be a steal. I think you are right in saying he wont be here come april. If he were a right tackle only prospect then maybe, but since he can play left and is actually more comfortable there, I highly doubt he drops this far. Natural left tackles comfortable with pass protection get drafted sooner. Still tho, I like the positional need pick, and I think OT has become such a big need that we might consider trading up for 1.

I am a little iffy on Zach line, I see some big holes for him and I think they make him look better than he is at times. He isnt big enough to play fullback right now either. I question his speed and I also think he runs very upright at times, tho he is a good reciever. I would like to see more of him tbh. I like the idea of what you are going for, I am just not that high on him. As far as the Rb/FB hybrid guys I like Lonnie Pryor he plays fullback but runs like a power tailback and can catch as well. To me, he is 1 of the most underrated RB prospects coming out this year. He is a more skilled version of Joe Martinek. A hybrid type player who can run, catch, block and leadblock. I also think a late round guy like Braden Wilson works with what we do here. He is more of a H-back/ Fullback hybrid type like Pascoe or possibly Rhett Elison from last year.

I continue to stand by the belief the Giants need to take a Defensive end high in this draft. If they control the line,the defense controls the game. I wouldont mind an undersized pass rushing UT either.
    If they are going to stick with this defensive philosophy then u need more ends.

1.DE

2.CB- Webster makes a lot of money.
    3.Any offensive lineman they U can argue they need upgrades everywhere

4.Safety- Could move higher depending on KP contract. I like Will Hill very much however

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I continue to stand by the belief the Giants need to take a Defensive end high in this draft. If they control the line,the defense controls the game. I wouldont mind an undersized pass rushing UT either.
    If they are going to stick with this defensive philosophy then u need more ends.
    As far as need goes, I think you can make a strong case for DE, as you can for CB or Oline.My personal guess tho would be Oline>DE>CB but that would be eliminating value from the equation.

1.DE

2.CB- Webster makes a lot of money.
    3.Any offensive lineman they U can argue they need upgrades everywhere

4.Safety- Could move higher depending on KP contract. I like Will Hill very much however
    I agree with this. Still think guard is a bigger need than tackle. I think Beatty + Locklear + Brewer is alright at tackle. Guard Boothe and snee have struggled, and they have no depth. DT is also a need at some point. Bernard is old, Canty makes a lot (though you can argue he's worth it) and really they have not much else besides linval.

LB is always a need too. Both outside and inside.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I agree with this. Still think guard is a bigger need than tackle. I think Beatty + Locklear + Brewer is alright at tackle. Guard Boothe and snee have struggled, and they have no depth. DT is also a need at some point. Bernard is old, Canty makes a lot (though you can argue he's worth it) and really they have not much else besides linval.

LB is always a need too. Both outside and inside.
    Yeah they wont get rid of Snee yet but the interior is in worse shape

Yeah they wont get rid of Snee yet but the interior is in worse shape
    Don't need to get rid of the starters yet, but having depth and a guy to push them would be a useful addition.

Thoughts on Anthony Barr, imo the best pass rusher in the draft and I'd take im in the 1st even if he wasn't an everydown player (Though I think he could play the kiwi role effectively)

Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    Thoughts on Anthony Barr, imo the best pass rusher in the draft and I'd take im in the 1st even if he wasn't an everydown player (Though I think he could play the kiwi role effectively)
    I dont know where he would fit in a 4-3. I think if you did draft him as a 4-3 player, you would need to do what Denver does with Von Miller.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I thought I said that about Robert Sands or was it Myron Rolle
    same school, same height etc

Veteran
    Whats up draft junkies. back from mini hiatus.

Corner is what i would like to spend the first round pick on. seeing as were probably going to be in the late 20's or so, I doubt the major guys I want like Minter/Te'o/ any one of the LSU DE's lol and Reid would be available.

So Rhodes/Simon/Poyer in that order.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

+ Reply to Thread