+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 562 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146546 ... LastLast

Re: A look at the 2011 NFL draft

[quote user="slipknottin"]Robert Sands the Safety from WVU is a guy to keep an eye on. Hes a junior. The WVU website claims he is 6'5 220, he looks alot closer to 6'2-6'3 220, but in any case he has the size and skill set the giants are looking for.[/quote]Slip U think the Giants give a late round look at Nebraska safty Eric Hagg. Bo Pelini uses him in that tweener safety/linebacker role. He is 6-2 210 and is used a lot like Deon Grant in Nebraskas defense. They use a 3 safety alignment a lot

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="slipknottin"]Robert Sands the Safety from WVU is a guy to keep an eye on. Hes a junior. The WVU website claims he is 6'5 220, he looks alot closer to 6'2-6'3 220, but in any case he has the size and skill set the giants are looking for.[/quote]You must have watched the WV/UCONN game. He may look 6"2/6"3 but he is every bit what is listed. Sands reminds me of a poor mans Pat Watkins.
    [/quote]

I watched the game in person, and I still don't believe he is truly 6'5. He wasent that much taller than the other DBs. I think he's probably 6'3[/quote]I'm telling you the guy is 6"4/6"5 iish. He's a big DB w/ good speed but like I said he reminds me of a poor mans Pat Watkins. If he decides to declare at the end of the year, I'd be VERY surprised if he gets drafted anywhere before the 5th round.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="slipknottin"]Robert Sands the Safety from WVU is a guy to keep an eye on. Hes a junior. The WVU website claims he is 6'5 220, he looks alot closer to 6'2-6'3 220, but in any case he has the size and skill set the giants are looking for.[/quote]Slip U think the Giants give a late round look at Nebraska safty Eric Hagg. Bo Pelini uses him in that tweener safety/linebacker role. He is 6-2 210 and is used a lot like Deon Grant in Nebraskas defense. They use a 3 safety alignment a lot[/quote] I know hes a Small School Kid.. But u must check out Davonte Shannon of BUFFALO.. I've been watching him for a Couple YRs now, and i'm telling you, this kid is gonna be a player as a 5th-7th rd pick.. He hits like a ton of bricks and is a leader on the field and is pretty fluid in coverege... Hes a Super Sleeper of mine..

Also, Ahmad Black is no joke! Hes small, but packs a Serious Punch.. He is a Player i absoulutley love this yr.. He does not have any type of Size for a SS, but boy does he play big...

[quote user="heavyhitter"]I'm telling you the guy is 6"4/6"5 iish. He's a big DB w/ good speed but like I said he reminds me of a poor mans Pat Watkins. If he decides to declare at the end of the year, I'd be VERY surprised if he gets drafted anywhere before the 5th round.
    [/quote]

Well I completely disagree with your view of him. To me he looks like he can be a third rounder.

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="slipknottin"]Robert Sands the Safety from WVU is a guy to keep an eye on. Hes a junior. The WVU website claims he is 6'5 220, he looks alot closer to 6'2-6'3 220, but in any case he has the size and skill set the giants are looking for.[/quote]Slip U think the Giants give a late round look at Nebraska safty Eric Hagg. Bo Pelini uses him in that tweener safety/linebacker role. He is 6-2 210 and is used a lot like Deon Grant in Nebraskas defense. They use a 3 safety alignment a lot[/quote] I know hes a Small School Kid.. But u must check out Davonte Shannon of BUFFALO.. I've been watching him for a Couple YRs now, and i'm telling you, this kid is gonna be a player as a 5th-7th rd pick.. He hits like a ton of bricks and is a leader on the field and is pretty fluid in coverege... Hes a Super Sleeper of mine..

Also, Ahmad Black is no joke! Hes small, but packs a Serious Punch.. He is a Player i absoulutley love this yr.. He does not have any type of Size for a SS, but boy does he play big...
    [/quote]

Ahmad Black plays tough but there is zero chance he becomes a Giant. The Colts maybe possibly Carolina Panthers

anyone get a look at these Colorado CB's I got to catch one of there games.They have Giant DB size .Jimmy Smith 6-2 205 and Jalil Brown 6-1 205 anyone see a televised game let me know

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="slipknottin"]Robert Sands the Safety from WVU is a guy to keep an eye on. Hes a junior. The WVU website claims he is 6'5 220, he looks alot closer to 6'2-6'3 220, but in any case he has the size and skill set the giants are looking for.[/quote]Slip U think the Giants give a late round look at Nebraska safty Eric Hagg. Bo Pelini uses him in that tweener safety/linebacker role. He is 6-2 210 and is used a lot like Deon Grant in Nebraskas defense. They use a 3 safety alignment a lot[/quote] I know hes a Small School Kid.. But u must check out Davonte Shannon of BUFFALO.. I've been watching him for a Couple YRs now, and i'm telling you, this kid is gonna be a player as a 5th-7th rd pick.. He hits like a ton of bricks and is a leader on the field and is pretty fluid in coverege... Hes a Super Sleeper of mine..

[/quote]This is Eric Hagg come on we need a dude with hair like this

[/quote]

U love those Buffalo players . Sucks for James Starks I thought he was going into a great situation with the Packers. They have nothing at running back he could of had a real oppurtunity there

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="heavyhitter"]I'm telling you the guy is 6"4/6"5 iish. He's a big DB w/ good speed but like I said he reminds me of a poor mans Pat Watkins. If he decides to declare at the end of the year, I'd be VERY surprised if he gets drafted anywhere before the 5th round.
    [/quote]

Well I completely disagree with your view of him. To me he looks like he can be a third rounder.[/quote]Look, Sands played his HS ball here in Florida. Any prospect that comes out this state gets love from me but I'm just calling it like I see it. I personally would love the Giants to grab SS Mark Barron (Alabama) or SS DeAndre McDaniel (Clemson).

[quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="heavyhitter"]I'm telling you the guy is 6"4/6"5 iish. He's a big DB w/ good speed but like I said he reminds me of a poor mans Pat Watkins. If he decides to declare at the end of the year, I'd be VERY surprised if he gets drafted anywhere before the 5th round.
    [/quote] Well I completely disagree with your view of him. To me he looks like he can be a third rounder.[/quote]Look, Sands played his HS ball here in Florida. Any prospect that comes out this state gets love from me but I'm just calling it like I see it. I personally would love the Giants to grab SS Mark Barron (Alabama) or SS DeAndre McDaniel (Clemson).
    [/quote]Yeah I lived in Ft Lauderdale and Boca Raton for a few years some really great football players get pumped out of that state,southern florida especially. St Thomas Aquinas. I would love to see Don Bosco Prep who was number 1 play a Florida schedule no way they finish undefeated let alone number 1 in the country. Im sorry but Don Bosco would of got run over by St Thomas Aquinas last year