+ Reply to Thread
Page 462 of 562 FirstFirst ... 362412452460461462463464472512 ... LastLast
Results 4,611 to 4,620 of 5613
    Veteran
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...2013-nfl-draft

At what round do you guys think he's worth a selection? I think if he's there in the late 4th- mid 5th round. Why not!
    Issue's aside he fits well in our system, he will not be a NFL corner by any means but he can convert to Safety, and come down in the nickle.
    If its any organization that can turn a guy around is this one.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    Kiper and Mcshay are projecting him as a 3rd-4th rounder.

Eitherway I want him. I don't care if the percentages say he'll flame out and remain a malcontent, I love watching this guy play football
    wouldnt take him there but if he was there late 6th or so his special teams value alone is worth that

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...2013-nfl-draft

At what round do you guys think he's worth a selection? I think if he's there in the late 4th- mid 5th round. Why not!
    Issue's aside he fits well in our system, he will not be a NFL corner by any means but he can convert to Safety, and come down in the nickle.
    If its any organization that can turn a guy around is this one.
    His behavior has been so bad. I just dont see the Giants being interested in him, he is not good at behaviing himself when a mic is put in front of him and in no city in the NFL does a guy get more mics put in front of his face. He has a history of being a twitter idiot too.

I have other concerns:

He is to small to play safety. He is physical for his size, but that wont matter on a jump ball to a TE over the middle of the field.

He has very suspect press cover skills and therefor isnt really a corner either. He was always the 2nd or 3rd cover option for LSU. They always had other corners to play against opposing team's #1 guy. 2012 was supposed to be the year we go to see this guy play more cover. In 2011, his postion was much closer to safety, which I dont think he is in the NFL. Big safeties are a must with TEs being used in the passing game more now than ever.

A year off from football is hard to recover from. Truthfully, it is more than a year, closer to 2. We have seen this with Marvin Austin. It adds just that much more risk to the equation. How long will it take for him to get back into football? if he ever does.The combine will help determine if he still has kept himself in shape, but it cant really helps us know if his football readiness will be there.

Finally, there are the drugs. There are a lot of reports that he was kicked for repeated drug offenses. After his dismissal from the team, he entered extended rehab only to quit 2 week later and return to school giving up any hope of returning to football for LSU in 2013. A month later he was arrested for possession. I am sorry, but this kids behavior is idiotic. I do not see it improving once he gets a lot of money in his wallet to do with as he pleases.

I know he was a ball hawk. I know he was exciting as can be. I just dont think he is a guy the Giants will want. His biggest value is as a return guy / special teamer.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 11-30-2012 at 01:44 AM.

I wouldn't touch Mathieu with a ten foot pole! Honestly he has tremendous athletic ability but he isn't that great of a corner as people have reported before and he's not physical enough to be a safety so that throws that out. The only reason he's worth looking at is because of his return skills, which the rookie combo of Wilson and Randle (excuse his last game) seems to working out well.

Matheiu has value on Special teams as a return man and a gunner. Guys can turn it around Will Hill has

Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    Kiper and Mcshay are projecting him as a 3rd-4th rounder.

Eitherway I want him. I don't care if the percentages say he'll flame out and remain a malcontent, I love watching this guy play football
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I was a big McClain guy myself.. I thought he was the Manti Te'o type exception that would be bigger for a 3/4, but moves around good enough to do the things nessecary to excel in either set(4/3-3/4)..

i was one of the rare ones on here that stuck up for JPP leading toward the draft, as most on here didn't want em at all, because of his expierence, and most of the praise for him coming on potential.. I delved deeper to find out things about him when he was in Jr College that fascinated me, like going to the hospital and having to have his helmet cut off, and then begging to go back to the game,a nd getting a doctors note to bring back to the game .. Showed the kinda class and determenation he had, and that was in a Jr College game!!!lol Also, i thought his production at S.FLA in only his first major season of Bigtime college football showed the signs of a player that was gonna only get better.. 6.5sacks and a bunch of TFL.. Now if that was yr 3 or something, maybe i'd wonder, but the fact he did that right outta the gates, and that Jr College story , and his motor to go with that build and athletic ability were enough to make me a believer..

Obviously Earl Thomas was my first choice, but i had no problems at all with JPP.. I either wanted Mike Iupati(whos been really good by the way), Earl Thomas, JPP, or McClain.. I wasne't a fan of Cj Spiller, for pickign where we were, and never thought he'd be a workhorse, toat the load type back, without getting injurys galore.. Not my type of back to take that early.. Guys like Trent Richardson, Marshawyn Lycnh, AP, are the kinda backs i prefer in the front half of RD 1...
    Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    That's crazy. hard to believe that a NFL player would do that. As for McClain, I am fully opposed to taking a mlb in the first round. The situation would have to be ideal. There was a time jpp was being projected as the number 3 pick that year. Jpp and spiller were the guys I think we wanted. Of course, I wouldn't have liked the spiller pick either, most likely.
    TO me, most didn't like JPP, because u had seen so many guys with this Pass Rush potential end up duds, and people just felt JPP was next in line to be that way.. Guys like Aaron Maybin, Vernon Gholston, Jarvis Moss, Derrick Harvey, Quentin Moses, just 2 name a few..

I understand why some were scared of em, but if u just delved deeper and watched the kid play consistently, it was clear as day he had a non stop motor to go with that unmatched athletic ability, and he was just tipping the iceberg.. In the begginging, months before the draft , i was with the consensus, but nearing the draft, i converted over to liking JPP as a prospect, pretty heavily.. Sometimes u just have a feeling, and that story about him having his helmet cut off and litteraly taking a cab back to the game( i think it was a cab?), and going through all the trouble to get back into a Jr College game, was what tipped my hat into his favor.. To me, that was all u needed to know about what kinda player and person he is, and how much he loves to be ont he field.. Most of these guys miss games like theres no tommorow ..

One of the most important things in a player is his desire to be on the field and how much he cares about being on the losing side.. If it dosen't eat em up , then i simply don't want em.. If a guy thinks its OK to take plays off, then i don't want em... JPP is a breed that is dying out, and whenever we have a chance to get a guy who hustles like him, i'm all for it.. U add in his physical tools, and its a no brainer..

shoot, i multi quoted multiple posts..lol My bad..lol

Charlie Campbell's latest mocks out, and hes got a decent mock for us, all though i'm not fond of his 3rd rd pick of michael bucchanan de/olb illinois, when he had baccari rambo going 1pick later..

His 1st 2rds, i was more then fine with..

1. Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame- I just mocked him 2 us in my latest mock..
    2. Brennan Williams OT UNC- makes a ton of senese, and could be steal, as hes only dropping because of injury..
    3. Michael Buccahan OLB/DE Illinois- Don't like it, and don't like the player much.. Not a ideal fit, especially with Baccari Rambo on the board still...

Anyone catch Khaseem Greene last night? That kid is freaking awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Anyone catch Khaseem Greene last night? That kid is freaking awesome!
    Yeah he is a great player. That was a BS 15 yard penalty called on him. The guy was running full speed down the sideline and a piece of his foot went out. The guy keeps running full speed down the sideline Greene hits him and they throw a flag. How the hell was Greene supposed to see that, blow the whistle.

Rutgers is a team full of Chokers. Every big game they just collapse its pathetic.

Tim Wright had 2 killer drops, the 1st 1 he was wide open for a TD and he took the eye of the ball. The 2nd he tried to body catch the ball it hit his chest popped in the air its picked off

They fake a FG to DC Jefferson who scores a TD that would of made it 21-3 but its called back on a OLineman down field.

After Louisville makes it 14-10 they fumble the KO..

Next play Logan RYan has good coverage but the safety doesnt stick the WR with a hit for some reason and its caught for a TD.

Its 20-17 and Brandon Coleman reads Cover 3 "Which it is" Somehow Gary Nova doesnt see itand throws the ball downfield to no 1 that gets picked off .Coleman who read the defense right had 15-20 yards easy if Nova reads it right