+ Reply to Thread
Page 468 of 562 FirstFirst ... 368418458466467468469470478518 ... LastLast
Results 4,671 to 4,680 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    He is a kid who, for reasons beyond me, is rated as a 4th+ round prospect. He has been the best back end safety in college football this year. Of course, it isnt vs the top tier competition like some of the other big name guys and I do think his rating should be lowered because of his injury past. But, I think him being rated a 4th+ round prospect is insane. I love this safety class, guys like Elam, Rambo, Vaccaro are all solid early round prospects and im not saying Thomas will be better but I think him in the 4th is a better value than any of those other guys in the 1st.
    Rob Rang has him ranked 50th on his big board and to go with being a 1st team fbs coaches all american, a jim thorpe award finalist and being invited to the senior bowl you can certainly see some momentum building come draft time

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I hate the way they choose the Heisman winners. So many times it goes to the wrong guy and I absolutely hate how it doesnt go to defensive guys enough. But, I believe this year it belongs in Menzeil's hands. He had the better year vs better competition and he also had the signature moment of the season in that Defeat of Bama.

Lynch is an amazing player. I just dont think you can compare the 2, 1 having played in the SEC and the other having played vs a very weak schedule.
    Ya, but he had a tremendous amount of better talent around him as well.. Jordan Lynch has done things that simply were never done before, with guys going against weak competiton or not.. I mean, when ur doing things for the first time, like rushing for more then 100yrds in 11stratight games outta QB positon, to go with fantastic passing numbers, and u single handedly lead a MAC team to a BCS bowl game, i think u should be the Heisman..

I agree about defensive players as well.. Its crazy that guys like SUH and TE'O really never have a fair shot because they play D.. I thought SUH should of WON his last yr as well...

I could imagine what Jordan Lynch would of done had he had Jake Mathews and Luke Joeckl protecting him.. I think Jordan Lynch is gonna light up Florida st, only further validating my opinion.. I can't wait to watch him take on Fla St.. No QB in College football history has ran for more yards then Jordan Lynch! And hes not just a runner, he had tremendous passing numbers as well...

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Ya, but he had a tremendous amount of better talent around him as well.. Jordan Lynch has done things that simply were never done before, with guys going against weak competiton or not.. I mean, when ur doing things for the first time, like rushing for more then 100yrds in 11stratight games outta QB positon, to go with fantastic passing numbers, and u single handedly lead a MAC team to a BCS bowl game, i think u should be the Heisman..

I agree about defensive players as well.. Its crazy that guys like SUH and TE'O really never have a fair shot because they play D.. I thought SUH should of WON his last yr as well...

I could imagine what Jordan Lynch would of done had he had Jake Mathews and Luke Joeckl protecting him.. I think Jordan Lynch is gonna light up Florida st, only further validating my opinion.. I can't wait to watch him take on Fla St.. No QB in College football history has ran for more yards then Jordan Lynch! And hes not just a runner, he had tremendous passing numbers as well...
    He hasnt seen anything close to the athletes at FSU. That guy got shut down by Iowa

I'm so disgusting with the GIANTS right now, it took me a couple days before i could think about doing my WEEKLY mock.. Anyhow, i got us picking in the 25th spot this wk.. So, here we go...

RD1... Chance Warmack G Alabama- He could be gone, or he could be ont he board.. If he is, he'll be hard to ignore, with the line issues we have.. Warmack is a flat out road grader, who pass protects just as good, and is a all around beast.. Huge upgrade over both guards on our team, including Chris Snee.. Offers some youth to the interior of our Oline, which is also much needed..

RD2.. John Simon DE Ohio St- I chose simon, not only because DE is a need, but also becuase he plays with a tenacious motor, and those are the kinda players we need to find, as the giants biggest nemesis is themselves and playing unmotivated 2 often.. Simon will make a adequete replacement for OSI, and a great DUO DE with JPP going forward.. He really has a great ability to get to the passer...

RD3.. Brian Winters OT Kent St- Everyone knows how high i am on WINTERS, and hes as i thought climbing mock boards, as hes in the 3rd rd in alot of mocks.. I think Winters will be our answer at RT going forward, and offers Brewer tough competiton going forward.. Very underrated player, whos slowley catching on with draft gurus(its about time!).

RD4.. DJ Swearinger S S.Carolina- A intimidator, who is really fundamentally sound tackler, and is a pretty underrated S in my opinion.. A big part of one of the better D's in the country..

RD5.. Chris Jones DT Bowling Green- A absoulute playmaker at the DT positon.. Plays with a relentless motor, which is the makeup of this mock of mine.. He could use a couple more pounds, but has great potential to be a steal in this draft..

RD6.. Jake Stoneburner TE Ohio St- WIth a more consistent passing QB, i think he puts up better recieving numbers, and he has the potential to be a solid all around TE.. Could be another Jerry Reese steal here in the 6th rd...

RD7.. Zac Stacy RB Vanderbilt- A very talented back who makes plays inside and out, who has been very productive and a huge part of Vandy's resurgance.. Has some break away speed, as judged by his 90 and 86 yrd runs and a 70yrd reception.. Low center of gravity, and hard running style makes him tough to tackle.. I think he can be used in the pass game alittle more then he has, and when he was , he really produced some big plays.. Could be a late rd steal, and would make a good duo back with Dave Wilson going forward, i believe.. Pretty shifty in the openfield...
    Last edited by nycsportzfan; 12-05-2012 at 07:54 AM.

Arthur Brown might be my favorite player of this draft. And this "undersized" label keeps getting attached to guys who turn out to be great players. 6'1 and 235 or so seems to be the golden size lately. Willis (6'1 240), Bowman (6' 240), Lavonte David, 6'1 230.

Brown is really a talent. Pure explosion. In his pursuit, closing speed, and he converts it into power on hits too. Like all college backers he of course tries to avoid blocks, and he is certainly quick enough to do it. But he is willing to engage when he has to as well.

I think I've watched him enough that I think he could play inside and outside. He's certainly more stout IMO than Boley is inside

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    He hasnt seen anything close to the athletes at FSU. That guy got shut down by Iowa
    Dude, he was starting for the like the 1st time in his career... I don't know if Rushing for 119yrds on 18carries with a 1td is really getting shutdown either? Sure, his pass numbers weren't great, but something tells me the talent around him wasen't IOWA ready, and he was, even with it being his 1st career start, judged by how he ran..

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Arthur Brown might be my favorite player of this draft. And this "undersized" label keeps getting attached to guys who turn out to be great players. 6'1 and 235 or so seems to be the golden size lately. Willis (6'1 240), Bowman (6' 240), Lavonte David, 6'1 230.

Brown is really a talent. Pure explosion. In his pursuit, closing speed, and he converts it into power on hits too. Like all college backers he of course tries to avoid blocks, and he is certainly quick enough to do it. But he is willing to engage when he has to as well.

I think I've watched him enough that I think he could play inside and outside. He's certainly more stout IMO than Boley is inside
    I've been saying the "undersized" label is something that will more often then not just limit u more then help u in evaluating talent.. I've stopped with that along time ago.. Undersized guys are doing really well at all positons, not just LB..

Ur right about Brown, hes a very good player.. I still think Khaseem Greene is alittle better fit personally, but woulden't mind either or..

Man, Walter Football's mock came out yeseterday and he has us taking EZ ANSAH DE BYU, which is a great pick!, but there is some other guys out there that would make for a fun debate while waiting our selection if his mock was close to right.. Guys like Barrett Jones, CJ Mosley, Kenny Vaccaro , Eric Fisher(i ike em alot), Tyler Eifert, Kawaan Short(Love em!), Xavier Rhodes, Jordan Poyer, and Eric Reid.. I tell ya what, i'd hate to be JERRY REESE and CO that day with that pick..lol I mean, i woulden't know what to do...lol

To be honest, if i had to make a order, itd probably go like this..

1. CJ Mosley ILB/OLB
    2. Eric Fisher OT
    3. EZ Ansah DE
    4. Kawaan Short DT
    5. Tyler Eifert TE
    6. Barrett Jones C/G/T

And even then, those guys are seperated by very little, and i could change my mind a gazillion times.. The talent is heavy this yr, but really clumped up, so teams picking later in rd 1, are gonna have chances to get guys who could easily be some of the best in the draft.. 2nd and 3rd rds are freaking gonna be loaded!

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    By the way, Taylor Martinez was 8-14 passing 63yrds and ran 16times for 41yrds 0tds against IOWA.. Again, Lynch making his first start of his career ran for 119yrds on 6.6ypc avg with a 1td and went 6-16 through the air.. Iowa also held Minnesota to 13pts and blew em out, and held Mich st to 19points in double OT... They have played extremely good Defense at times this yr...

Veteran
    We can find a DE in the later rounds I think. Plus we have Ojomo wating for a shot as well as Tracy; not to mention depending on who leaves/ who we draft. I would not be surprised if Kiwi is back on the line and we find a replacement for SAM.

1. Tyler Eifert
    2. Tharold simon
    3. Ricky Wagner
    4. Micha Hyde / ( If Daniel McCullers comes out, I would take him here. RAW player but I think he would be a good future replacement for canty)
    5. Brennan Williams ( I think the injury might even push him back as far as mid-late 6th. Labrum tears for an O-Line man can be career ending as that cartilage never heals properly due the high impact activites it endures, even with an everyday non athletic individual.)

Clearly you see I think Secondary needs to be addressed, the days of relying on our fast DE/DT's to get to the QB are becoming numbered, Quick passes are killing us. We need more coverage sacks. I wouldn't even mind taking...

1. DeMarcus Milliner / Xavier Rhodes / Jordan Poyer (In that order )
    2. Matt Elam /Bacarri Rambo / Shawn Williams ( in that order)

Plus we just never have luck with retaining healty CB's, there is always something. Yes I understand the dying want to get that Run stopping/ ball swatting / pass rushing DE early, but i really feel the issue goes beyond the D-Line personnel, teams are just more aware and scheme better to neturalize our DE's, adding more would only stack whats already been exposed. we need to shut down the passing tree so our DE's can get to the QB.
    Last edited by rainierjef; 12-06-2012 at 05:15 PM.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

+ Reply to Thread