+ Reply to Thread
Page 469 of 562 FirstFirst ... 369419459467468469470471479519 ... LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,690 of 5613
    Veteran
    Do not think we have the luxury of taking a lber or te with our first round pick. DE DT CB OT. Highest rated guy from those four positions that is still available. OT may come off that list soon, the more I think about it

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    Do not think we have the luxury of taking a lber or te with our first round pick. DE DT CB OT. Highest rated guy from those four positions that is still available. OT may come off that list soon, the more I think about it
    Your probably right, but Highest grade/ BPA has always been the motto around here; and if we are drafting mid-late 20's who has a higher grade or is a BPA than Eifert?
    You won't find a OT in that selection bracket thats worth a pick, the DT position is stacked this year I think we can find a potential late first round talent in the 2nd if we were going that route. CB I agree with you. DE no we develop them very well. we can find someone in the 2nd - later rounds, plus we run a rotational DE system drafting another one that high just won't be fruitful, especailly when we have people waiting in the wing or on the field at other positions.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

This is the time of the year when I like to build my own personal draft board at least the first one so I wanna post it on here and see what some of you guys think. Also i always pick 2 of each position and im an Florida State guy so i might think higher of some of those guys so here it is and tell me what you guys think.

QB
    E.J. Manuel- Florida State- 6'4" 240- SR- I know probably shouldn't start out with a FSU guy but I just had to I've been high on this guy ever since he took his first snap at FSU and he's done a pretty good job of running this multiple style offense that they like to run and he's not the flashiest guy I've ever seen but his athletic ability and the fact he can make all the throws could provide us with a good back up and a nice insurance clause just in case.
    Sean Renfree- Duke- 6'4" 225- SR- Going back to the ACC for this one and I won't try to make it a trend but he would be a good 7th rounder for us since he won't get much attention coming out of football challenged Duke but he does have the tools and the frame of your typical NFL quarterback, which is a good start and he did learn under the same guy that showed Eli how to be a pro.

HB
    Montee Ball- Wisconsin- 5'11" 225- SR- Probably won't be the favorite pick here since we spent a first rounder on Wilson last year and the emergence of Brown and Bradshaw playing good again but he's projected late 2nd early 3rd which is right where i see our 2nd pick of the draft being and this guy is an old school grind it out running back with the great breakaway speed and a good receiver out of the backfield all around guy who would be a steal at late 2nd round.
    Andre Ellington- Clemson- 5'9" 192- SR- Another ACC guy on my big board and he's here because of all of the Mathieu talk. This guy can burn them!! he's a speedster who would be a great return man and a good 3rd down guy where Gilbride could get creative with him. Not one of my top guys on my board and he would be almost a last resort 2nd round guy but his combine numbers could make him fall 3rd to 4th which would be a good value pick.

FB- only going to choose one player as I believe the Hynocerous is here to stay
    Zach Boren- Ohio State- 6' 240- SR- This guy is a bowling ball and one hell of a lead blocker. Almost a Hynocerous duplicate would be good to add depth to a position that doesn't need one but then they could try some different goalline formations with these two as we don't have that full on power runner anymore. Good 6th to 7th round pick as not many fullbacks go high and could be a solid guy for years.

WR
    Denard Robinson- Michigan- 5'11" 197- SR- Don't even start with "He played quarterback" because his accuracy isn't good enough to make it to the pros and he may be a Randel-El kind of guy. He's super fast and could possibly bring the wildcat to the good kind of New York and nothing else if you give him a screen pass the whole defense will be on its toes wondering if he's passing or running good 4th or 5th round guy depending on how his combine goes.
    Marcus Davis- Virginia Tech- 6'4" 232- SR- This guy mostly is on my radar because I love those big wideouts who you just throw it up there and they go get it. He has mid 4.4 speed in the 40 and is a late round pick at best but has been a decent producer for VT which isn't exactly known for its wideouts.

TE
    Tyler Eifert- Notre Dame- 6'5" 252- JR- I don't like to put juniors on my board just yet as they still have to decide but this guy is almost too good to pass up at a need for us and where we can get him in the 1st round. He's a great receiving tight end and has improved greatly as a blocker this past season and would be an instant safety net for Eli and a good red zone target giving him the type of tight end he's never really had.
    Ryan Otten- San Jose State- 6'5" 245- SR- A raw talent who has the size and ability to become a solid if not great TE in the NFL. I don't know much about San Jose State so I'm unsure how to attribute the stats that he put up but he is in the mid 4.7s for his 40 time and can be molded into a good TE almost like an Adrien Robinson clone but a little bit slower.

OT
    Barrett Jones- Alabama- 6'5" 302- SR- This guy could come in and start with us from day one. He's a super intelligent player and is very durable as he's started all but 4 games since being redshirted and is technically sound and currently plays in a pro style offense. Love this guy he should be our number 1 pick if he's available.
    Ricky Wagner- Wisconsin- 6'6" 318- SR- Following the tradition of good offensive lineman Wagner should be able to add some depth to a position that could almost always use some help. He is a little sloppy and his technique need work but he would be good to help us with some depth and coming from Wisconsin run blocking is his specialty and we could use some good run blockers. Its hard to judge where he'll go I've heard mid 1st to 4th round pick so he could be a 3rd or 4th round steal with his talent.

OG
    Barrett Jones- Alabama- 6'5" 302- SR- Didn't I already mention him? Oh yeah I forgot to mention that he was also a 2nd team all SEC OG his sophomore year! Versatility is key especially when it comes to injuries and you need someone to move around. This guy has it.
    Omoregie Uzzi- Georgia Tech- 6'3" 302- SR- Don't ask me how to pronounce it because I've heard and tried it many different ways but this guy brings some good run blocking skills coming out of GT's option offense. Very physical guy up front and could push for a starting job out of training camp. Also 2nd or 3rd round guy so we can get both Jones and Uzzi and start building our OLine of the future while we keep our current one in tact.

C
    Barrett Jones- Alabama- 6'5" 302- SR- Oh yeah this kid is currently playing center for Bama on its quest to repeat. Versatility to the max! He's been compared to Bruce Mathews (HOFer) so thats pretty good company. I love this kid. We need him.
    Matt Stankiewitch- Penn State- 6'3" 302- SR- Sorry about another messed up name its honestly not my fault. This guy is a workhorse and the Big Ten has never been short of good interior defensive lineman so he's battle tested. Better run blocker than in pass protection but he always gets the job done and would be a great late round (7th or FA) guy to add some depth to our hurting OLine.

DE
    Alex Okafor- Texas- 6'5" 265- SR- This guy is the complete package at DE. He's the kind of pass rusher who can come in and get at least 10 sacks as a rookie. But he's no slouch when it comes to the running game either. Pure strength with great technique the kind of guy Reese likes and Big Blue fans love. Good 1st round pick.
    Margus Hunt- Southern Methodist- 6'7" 280- SR- Athletic freak is normally one of the first things people describe him as. He's got the all around JPP like athleticism that could make him a star at the next level. Could be a great 4th or 5th round project since he's only played 3 years and this is his first season as an every down player but thats still low risk-high reward for his current round.

DT
    Johnathan Jenkins- Georgia- 6’3” 358- SR- This guy has your prototypical size to be a productive DT in the NFL. He was a a JUCO transfer and stepped in right away for Georgia and has played great for their D this past year. Could help shore up our issues against the run. I like him as a potential first rounder depending on need.
    Daniel McCullers- Tennessee- 6’7” 380- JR- Once again I’m normally against Juniors on this draft board but DAMN! HE’S HUGE!!! But also he’s not just a big guy to sit and take up space he’s a good pass rusher with surprising nimbleness for a guy with his size. Only 1 year removed from JUCO could be a 3rd or 4th rounder for us and could help right away.
    OLB
    Arthur Brown- Kansas State- 6’1” 228- SR- Ok I know right off the start people are gonna say he’s undersized, which they are right but he has great range and could help in pass coverage against the new kind of NFL tight end which is something we need help with. Probably too early to pick him in round 2 but 2 or 3 is where I see him going as of now.
    Sio Moore- Connecticut- 6’1” 230- SR- Once again I choose another undersized guy but this is a guy I see who can help us stop RGIII. He’s not quite strong enough to shed big blockers like lineman but he can shed TEs and FBs no problem and with closing speed he could be a spy on RGIII to stop him in the option. I see him as a value 5th rounder.
    MLB
    Bruce Taylor- Virginia Tech- 6’2” 244- SR- This guy could be a steal in the 6th round. He has great football instincts to know where and when the ball is going somewhere. Great leadership qualities to go along with his early round talent. Only thing holding him back is a foot problem that’s plagued him but in the 6th round I think he’d be worth the risk.
    Will Compton- Nebraska- 6’2” 230- SR- He’s a smart middle linebacker that can make all of the pre snap adjustments on a defense. Almost like another Chase Blackburn. He has a high motor and is a very intelligent guy. Could be like 7th round or FA for us.

CB
    Xavier Rhodes- Florida State- 6’1” 217- JR- Here we have a classic complete corner. Has great size, willing hitter, good speed, can do both zone and man coverage well. He’s definitely someone that the Giants should look into getting to boost our DBs as a first rounder.
    Jordan Poyer- Oregon State- 5’11” 190- SR- This guy has ball hawking skills and will make any QB pay for testing him. Can shut down half of the field by himself. Very physical with receivers despite being a bit smaller.

SS
    Robert Lester- Alabama- 6’2” 212- SR- Not the most athletic guy to ever come out of Bama but he’s a 3 year starter under Nick Saban who is a very smart player. Makes up for lack of natural talent with his high football IQ. Could help us out as a 2nd or 3rd round pick.
    Drew Frey- Cincinnati- 6’3” 212- SR- Another guy like Lester but comes from a school where he doesn’t get the press coverage. Smart safeties are always something a team could use and as a 7th round pick you can almost never go wrong with a guy like this.

FS
    D.J. Swearinger- South Carolina- 5’11” 210- SR- Great open field tackler who’s known for being very physical. Has decent coverage skills about as much as you can expect from an average NFL safety. Mid round pick at best depending on his combine times.
    Ray Polk- Colorado- 6’ 205- SR- Has great athleticism and is a punishing hitter from the safety position. Would need to work on his coverage skills to be more than a special teams guy but with his athleticism he could easily make an impact on special teams. 7th rounder or FA for us would be a good place to get him.

Not doing kicker or punter as I’m pretty sure we’re set… at least until Weatherford goes Matt Dodge on us or Tynes misses a kick

Tell me what you guys think. I will be updating this board as I fully finish mine and find out all of the underclassmen entering the draft

Quote Originally Posted by GiantSquirrel26 View Post

QB
    E.J. Manuel- Florida State- 6'4" 240- SR- I know probably shouldn't start out with a FSU guy but I just had to I've been high on this guy ever since he took his first snap at FSU and he's done a pretty good job of running this multiple style offense that they like to run and he's not the flashiest guy I've ever seen but his athletic ability and the fact he can make all the throws could provide us with a good back up and a nice insurance clause just in case.
    Do not like him 1 bit. He is terrible in big games and garnered most of his stats vs lesser competition. He also makes some seriously dumb mistakes for a guy who has been starting as long as he had. Furthermore, he has a really bad habbit of getting overexcited in big situations and overthrowing wide open guys. He is a good athlete, passes the eye test and throws darts that look pretty. But He is a terrible decision maker and has poor technique on the long ball. He runs well but thinks he can take guys on in the open field and in the NFL that will get him murdered.

There are a lot of guys to like on FSU this year, most of them on defense. But this kid is not 1 of them. He needs a LOT of coaching and considering he is still making the same mistakes he made a couple years ago, I am not sure he responds well to coaching.

I am surprised being a FSU guy you dont have Pryor as your FB. That kid is a gem.

Other than those 2 things, I like a lot of the guys you mention. Tho I still need to see a couple of them measure in at the combine. A couple of them have some rumored measurable issues. For example I have read that Barrett Jones, who is a stud, may only be barely 6'4 and may have short arms. That might make him a guard only in the NFL. I also want to see Poyner's measurables because he is a player for sure, but it seems as the season as gone on he has gotten taller and taller according to OSU. I want ot know he is 5'10+ or else he will likely be a slot guy, and I think we have our slot guy of the future.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 12-07-2012 at 12:26 AM.

I really wanted to use Pryor but I thought that it would seem like I'm super biased. Also didn't think we could get him where I see him going or at least wouldn't draft him early enough to get him. Lots of guys out of that team that I liked that I wanted to put on here but couldn't. I wanna see the OLB/DE Jenkins from FSU at the combine and pro day before I say anything on him.

But back to Manuel.... I know he's made some dumb mistakes and he's made me wanna tear my hair out but I believe give him a clip board behind Manning (possibly even Carr so like practice squad him) and I think he could maybe develop into a good security blanket or maybe a trade chip depending how a pre season game or mid season injury replacement goes.
    Last edited by GiantSquirrel26; 12-07-2012 at 02:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    We can find a DE in the later rounds I think. Plus we have Ojomo wating for a shot as well as Tracy; not to mention depending on who leaves/ who we draft. I would not be surprised if Kiwi is back on the line and we find a replacement for SAM.

1. Tyler Eifert
    2. Tharold simon
    3. Ricky Wagner
    4. Micha Hyde / ( If Daniel McCullers comes out, I would take him here. RAW player but I think he would be a good future replacement for canty)
    5. Brennan Williams ( I think the injury might even push him back as far as mid-late 6th. Labrum tears for an O-Line man can be career ending as that cartilage never heals properly due the high impact activites it endures, even with an everyday non athletic individual.)

Clearly you see I think Secondary needs to be addressed, the days of relying on our fast DE/DT's to get to the QB are becoming numbered, Quick passes are killing us. We need more coverage sacks. I wouldn't even mind taking...

1. DeMarcus Milliner / Xavier Rhodes / Jordan Poyer (In that order )
    2. Matt Elam /Bacarri Rambo / Shawn Williams ( in that order)

Plus we just never have luck with retaining healty CB's, there is always something. Yes I understand the dying want to get that Run stopping/ ball swatting / pass rushing DE early, but i really feel the issue goes beyond the D-Line personnel, teams are just more aware and scheme better to neturalize our DE's, adding more would only stack whats already been exposed. we need to shut down the passing tree so our DE's can get to the QB.
    Demarcus Milliner is gonna be a top 5-10pick though.. Hes the consensus number 1 CB just like Pat Peterson and Morris Claiborne the past couple seasons.. Theres zero chance were in positon to get em...

I like Tyler Eifert alot, and have no issue taking em, as he was my pick in the 2nd to last mock i did, and i've mocked em a couple other times as well in my weekly mock, i believe, so i'm ok with that.. I would rather go Baccari Rambo in the 2nd rd over Tharold Simon.. U can find CB's later in the draft, better then u can find playmaking Safteys that turn the game around ala Ed Reed.. Baccari Rambo is extremely underrated , and if he shows he has no off field issues, could end up pulling a Harrison Smith, and jumping into Late RD1 consideration.. I'll gurantee he makes a couple big plays in there bowl game, becuase hes a star, who shines in big moments...

I dissagree about Brennan WIlliams though.. I think he'll be fine coming back from a labrum tear as young as he is.. Ed Reed played right through his Laburm Tear all season long this yr and is doing fantastically might i add.. It a common injury in the NFL...Drew Brees, Matt Hasselbeck, Mark Brunell, Dwight Freeny, Shawne Merriman, Frank Gore had 2, and they all played fine after words and came back with no problems...

Orr Limpisvasti a Orthapedic Surgeon in LA said in a Article talking about the injury that most of the time u can play with it, and even a severe one, u should be able to be fine with the right surgical procedure..
    Last edited by nycsportzfan; 12-07-2012 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Demarcus Milliner is gonna be a top 5-10pick though.. Hes the consensus number 1 CB just like Pat Peterson and Morris Claiborne the past couple seasons.. Theres zero chance were in positon to get em...

I like Tyler Eifert alot, and have no issue taking em, as he was my pick in the 2nd to last mock i did, and i've mocked em a couple other times as well in my weekly mock, i believe, so i'm ok with that.. I would rather go Baccari Rambo in the 2nd rd over Tharold Simon.. U can find CB's later in the draft, better then u can find playmaking Safteys that turn the game around ala Ed Reed.. Baccari Rambo is extremely underrated , and if he shows he has no off field issues, could end up pulling a Harrison Smith, and jumping into Late RD1 consideration.. I'll gurantee he makes a couple big plays in there bowl game, becuase hes a star, who shines in big moments...

I dissagree about Brennan WIlliams though.. I think he'll be fine coming back from a labrum tear as young as he is.. Ed Reed played right through his Laburm Tear all season long this yr and is doing fantastically might i add.. It a common injury in the NFL...Drew Brees, Matt Hasselbeck, Mark Brunell, Dwight Freeny, Shawne Merriman, Frank Gore had 2, and they all played fine after words and came back with no problems...

Orr Limpisvasti a Orthapedic Surgeon in LA said in a Article talking about the injury that most of the time u can play with it, and even a severe one, u should be able to be fine with the right surgical procedure..
    I saw u had Zac Stacy in your mock draft 1 of the more underrated players in CFB. Doing a multi game video of him. Finished cutting Wake Forest and Georgia so far

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    Oh, i definetly disagree my friend.. We have Mike Boley, whos gonna be 31 at start of next season, and Blackburn is working his way toward a juicy contract, which we may or may not be able to afford, and Kiwi may or may not move back to DE if were to lose one or both of OSI and TUCK due to money restraints and OSI being a FA.. Keith Rivers has been a injury plaqued dud, and we have yet to see much outta Mark Herzlich..

A good stout young LB might not seem like a huge need on the surface, but once u scratch alittle deeper, and talking about next yr, u can see its alittle more of a issue, and also a real beast young LB has been lacking for some time anyways.. U may say "eh, blackburn, boley and kiwi are doing swell", but we need a true ALL PRO type back there.. Our defense gets shredded to often, and maybe one of the reasons is we don't have a top of the echelon LB .. I think it would make a world of a diffrence..

CJ Mosley, Khaseem Greene, and Arthur Brown are stellar players who are all over the field and would make us alot better against the run, and pass..

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I saw u had Zac Stacy in your mock draft 1 of the more underrated players in CFB. Doing a multi game video of him. Finished cutting Wake Forest and Georgia so far
    Very Underratd indeed, my friend.. I like ur guy Miguel Maysonet of Stony Brook alot as well.. I watched a couple of ur tapes of him awhile back, and i see why hes peaked ur interest...