+ Reply to Thread
Page 470 of 562 FirstFirst ... 370420460468469470471472480520 ... LastLast
Results 4,691 to 4,700 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Demarcus Milliner is gonna be a top 5-10pick though.. Hes the consensus number 1 CB just like Pat Peterson and Morris Claiborne the past couple seasons.. Theres zero chance were in positon to get em...

I like Tyler Eifert alot, and have no issue taking em, as he was my pick in the 2nd to last mock i did, and i've mocked em a couple other times as well in my weekly mock, i believe, so i'm ok with that.. I would rather go Baccari Rambo in the 2nd rd over Tharold Simon.. U can find CB's later in the draft, better then u can find playmaking Safteys that turn the game around ala Ed Reed.. Baccari Rambo is extremely underrated , and if he shows he has no off field issues, could end up pulling a Harrison Smith, and jumping into Late RD1 consideration.. I'll gurantee he makes a couple big plays in there bowl game, becuase hes a star, who shines in big moments...

I dissagree about Brennan WIlliams though.. I think he'll be fine coming back from a labrum tear as young as he is.. Ed Reed played right through his Laburm Tear all season long this yr and is doing fantastically might i add.. It a common injury in the NFL...Drew Brees, Matt Hasselbeck, Mark Brunell, Dwight Freeny, Shawne Merriman, Frank Gore had 2, and they all played fine after words and came back with no problems...

Orr Limpisvasti a Orthapedic Surgeon in LA said in a Article talking about the injury that most of the time u can play with it, and even a severe one, u should be able to be fine with the right surgical procedure..
    With the labrum tear as an O-line man the force applied/ pressure on the shoulders are greater than any other positon. we have pilots that are put on down status for 365 days with re-evals/ ortho for this issue and all they do is pull/push minimal and carry around an O2 tank (15 pounds) lol. I hope that is the case but from what I have saw clincally i would have to disagree there.

I was thinking rambo as well as i put it in my edit. but I thought he would be gone by where we select in the 2nd so i didn't even bother. you are the one that's got me buzzing on rambo your love for him is well deserved from what i saw. and as far as milliner i know he wil not leave the top 15 but i was saying if we had a chance at CB's/S in the first these are the guys i would want in that order.

Edit: Also while i agree there might be zero chance of us having a shot at milliner, it was the same thing we said about prince. so anything can be possible. There is always a knee jerking pull on QB's and right now I have a couple of teams that might do that in the first KC/Titans/Jaguars/(surprisingly) Bills might be in ths bucket as well/Raiders might want to rebuild/Cardinals/ Wont be surprised if the Jets are in the market as well depending on whos on the table at their pick, that circus is always good for a shocker. So at the most that pushes some guys out of their potential landing spots. I think 4 QBs at the most don't leave the first, possible 5.
    Last edited by rainierjef; 12-07-2012 at 03:37 PM.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Very Underratd indeed, my friend.. I like ur guy Miguel Maysonet of Stony Brook alot as well.. I watched a couple of ur tapes of him awhile back, and i see why hes peaked ur interest...
    Both those guys are solid. Stacy runs with some power. I have a friend who is a proud Stony Brook alum, he swears by this kid.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 12-07-2012 at 03:51 PM.

Veteran
    Oh, i definetly disagree my friend.. We have Mike Boley, whos gonna be 31 at start of next season, and Blackburn is working his way toward a juicy contract, which we may or may not be able to afford, and Kiwi may or may not move back to DE if were to lose one or both of OSI and TUCK due to money restraints and OSI being a FA.. Keith Rivers has been a injury plaqued dud, and we have yet to see much outta Mark Herzlich..

A good stout young LB might not seem like a huge need on the surface, but once u scratch alittle deeper, and talking about next yr, u can see its alittle more of a issue, and also a real beast young LB has been lacking for some time anyways.. U may say "eh, blackburn, boley and kiwi are doing swell", but we need a true ALL PRO type back there.. Our defense gets shredded to often, and maybe one of the reasons is we don't have a top of the echelon LB .. I think it would make a world of a diffrence..

CJ Mosley, Khaseem Greene, and Arthur Brown are stellar players who are all over the field and would make us alot better against the run, and pass..
    you forgot minter.... how dare you!

@Katdaddyjay 17h

I dissagree about Brennan WIlliams though.. I think he'll be fine coming back from a labrum tear as young as he is.. Ed Reed played right through his Laburm Tear all season long this yr and is doing fantastically might i add.. It a common injury in the NFL...Drew Brees, Matt Hasselbeck, Mark Brunell, Dwight Freeny, Shawne Merriman, Frank Gore had 2, and they all played fine after words and came back with no problems...

Orr Limpisvasti a Orthapedic Surgeon in LA said in a Article talking about the injury that most of the time u can play with it, and even a severe one, u should be able to be fine with the right surgical procedure..
    I went through this injury in colllege. It is no joke for a lineman.

The labrum tear is common in sports, very true. None of those guys you mentioned are linemen. It CAN be devistating to a lineman. It depends on the severeity and location of the tear.

Its hard to describe in writing to someone who hasnt been through it, but your arms are fully functional until you get them extended at shoulder length or higher away from your body. At that point, your very weak and vulnerable to dislocations. It can be rebuilt via surgery but it often leaves a shorter range of motion , weaker, and some people's body dont take to it. Sometimes, if the tear is in a decent spot, it only effects you when your arms are away from you body and behind you. That doenst effect linemen at all. But, if it is a frontal tear, and you are weak when your arms are out in front of you or extended to the side, it is no joke of an injury. There is a brace a lot of guys where to help with this injury, you have all seen it but maybe didnt know what it does or thought it was a arm pad. It is a brace on the upper bicept just below the shoulder pad that is attached to a chest brace that forbids a certain range of motion. The problem is that range of motion isnt 1 needed by a RB, DB, or even a LB, but it is often required by linemen on every play.

You mentioned a lot of players who have had this injury, I would mention 1 a little closer to home: Justin Tuck. He has never been the same since that injury. He used to always control his guy and has been a shadow of his former self since the injury. A lot of people say it is age or lack of motivation and maybe it is, but anyone who has had the injury knows that it likely had something to do with it.

In truth, I cant rate Williams right now. On ability he is a 1st rounder. The problem is I wont be able to see what the docs say about him at the combine. That literally will determine his value in this league and we dont get that info. If they determine he has a bad tear, he could be a 6th rounder. If they say it is an inconsequential 1, then he might be back to a 1st rounder again. I would say that if by the end of the 3rd round his name hasnt been called, the docs didnt like what they saw in him.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 12-07-2012 at 03:47 PM.

Veteran
    P.A. Jeffrey

Anatomical position of the body is with your palms facing outward, degrees of flexion/extension/adduction and abduction heavily rely on cartilage. The labrum is a rolled stack of cartilage that supports the humerus head to the scapula, as since it is cartilage it has a lot to do with axis of motion in degrees. any tear to this area puts strain on the ligamets that connect the calvicle to the the highest point of the shoulder bone (acromion). It also forces tension which over time creates wear and tear to the RC muscle and tendons.
    An Oline man fully extends his arms out to meet resistance usually by equal or greater weight. so the velocity extended - meeting force applied = power (physics) now you add a weak/ rebuilding cartilage to that equation; the pain is immesurable, more damage not can, will! happen. He will not be able to hold his blocks long.

Now talent wise he is worth a late round selection, depending on what his examining physicians determine. If its a serious tear I wouldn't even take him, If its a moderate superficial benign tear then mid-late 4th-6th round, in hopes that with the surgical care, steroid/pain injections and ortho treatments might get him back to 80-90% of his ability, he will never be 100% again, even 90% at his position is a stretch

@Katdaddyjay 17h

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    P.A. Jeffrey

Anatomical position of the body is with your palms facing outward, degrees of flexion/extension/adduction and abduction heavily rely on cartilage. The labrum is a rolled stack of cartilage that supports the humerus head to the scapula, as since it is cartilage it has a lot to do with axis of motion in degrees. any tear to this area puts strain on the ligamets that connect the calvicle to the the highest point of the shoulder bone (acromion). It also forces tension which over time creates wear and tear to the RC muscle and tendons.
    An Oline man fully extends his arms out to meet resistance usually by equal or greater weight. so the velocity extended - meeting force applied = power (physics) now you add a weak/ rebuilding cartilage to that equation; the pain is immesurable, more damage not can, will! happen. He will not be able to hold his blocks long.

Now talent wise he is worth a late round selection, depending on what his examining physicians determine. If its a serious tear I wouldn't even take him, If its a moderate superficial benign tear then mid-late 4th-6th round, in hopes that with the surgical care, steroid/pain injections and ortho treatments might get him back to 80-90% of his ability, he will never be 100% again, even 90% at his position is a stretch
    no way..lol U think Brennan WIlliams is now never gonna be back to what he was? Mike Whale played fine after coming back from Lat tear.. Andrew Gardner, a 2008 OT prospect from Ga Tech played with the injury for awhile before succumbing to it... There isn't any mock site or anyone even mentioning a drop later then maybe the 3rd on Brennan WIlliams..

I'm not even remotley concerned about it, to be honest.. so many QB's, who have to extend there arms and use every inch of there arm throwing the ball come back fine from it all the time.. There talking about him being ready for Postseason All Star games, let alone draft time and the combine...

Brennan Williams is gonna be fine.. He played with the injury for alot of the season and well might i add, up untill finally it was 2 much in the 4th qter of the Duke game.. Heres a article on em when he was injured.. Hes not dropping to no 6th round because of a labrum tear.. He'll be off the board before the 4th rd..

North Carolina senior OT Brennan Williams out for the season
    By Dane Brugler | NFLDraftScout.com Senior Analyst
    October 26, 2012 3:14 am ET 0 | CommentNorth Carolina starting offensive tackle Brennan Williams will miss the remainder of his senior season after surgery Thursday to repair a torn labrum in his left shoulder, team spokesman Kevin Best announced. Williams hasn't played at 100% for much of the season and further injured his shoulder in the fourth quarter against Duke last Saturday.

Williams currently ranks as NFLDraftScout.com's No. 2 senior offensive tackle and 38th prospect overall. At 6-7, 310 pounds, Williams has surprisingly light feet for his size with the length and frame to start on the right side in the NFL. He hadn't played with the same aggressiveness or consistent mean streak as of late, but the shoulder issue looks to be the culprit. In his latest mock draft, Rob Rang had the Tar Heels senior tackle slotted to the San Francisco 49ers in the late first round.

In last Saturday's loss to Duke, Williams played the first three quarters, but left the field a minute into the fourth quarter, clutching his left arm. Senior starting right guard Travis Bond moved over to tackle for the final quarter against the Blue Devils and is expected to man the right tackle position for the remainder of the season. Bond is NFLDraftScout.com's No. 7 ranked senior offensive guard for the 2013 NFL Draft.

Williams became a full-time starter last season as a junior in Chapel Hill and started the first eight games of the 2012 campaign. He will finish his collegiate career with 22 career starts, all coming at right tackle. Williams' father, Brent, had an 11-year NFL career (1986-1993) at defensive end, spending time with the New England Patriots, Seattle Seahawks and New York Jets.

Normally the recovery time from labrum surgery is anywhere from two-to-six months depending on the severity of the tear, which could potentially keep Williams out of some pre-draft workouts. Hopefully that is not the case, however, and he will be able to showcase his skills at the Senior Bowl and NFL Combine three months from now.

you forgot minter.... how dare you!
    I have a wierd feeling Minter might go back to school.. Hes a sure fire 1st rder, i think with another yr.. I could be wrong, but ur right, i should of added him regardless.. I love em as a prospect...

With the labrum tear as an O-line man the force applied/ pressure on the shoulders are greater than any other positon. we have pilots that are put on down status for 365 days with re-evals/ ortho for this issue and all they do is pull/push minimal and carry around an O2 tank (15 pounds) lol. I hope that is the case but from what I have saw clincally i would have to disagree there.

I was thinking rambo as well as i put it in my edit. but I thought he would be gone by where we select in the 2nd so i didn't even bother. you are the one that's got me buzzing on rambo your love for him is well deserved from what i saw. and as far as milliner i know he wil not leave the top 15 but i was saying if we had a chance at CB's/S in the first these are the guys i would want in that order.

Edit: Also while i agree there might be zero chance of us having a shot at milliner, it was the same thing we said about prince. so anything can be possible. There is always a knee jerking pull on QB's and right now I have a couple of teams that might do that in the first KC/Titans/Jaguars/(surprisingly) Bills might be in ths bucket as well/Raiders might want to rebuild/Cardinals/ Wont be surprised if the Jets are in the market as well depending on whos on the table at their pick, that circus is always good for a shocker. So at the most that pushes some guys out of their potential landing spots. I think 4 QBs at the most don't leave the first, possible 5.
    Completely diffrent situation with Prince.. First off, we got prince at pick 19, which i'm pretty sure we'll be picking at least 5picks later then that, i would hope.. 2ndly, Millner is pretty much the best CB in this class in most eyes, and Prince was behind Patrick Peterson... There is no Patrick Peterson blocking Dermarcus Millner this yr... Hes not getting outta the top 10, and if he somehow does, it'll be early teens when he hears his name called...

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I went through this injury in colllege. It is no joke for a lineman.

The labrum tear is common in sports, very true. None of those guys you mentioned are linemen. It CAN be devistating to a lineman. It depends on the severeity and location of the tear.

Its hard to describe in writing to someone who hasnt been through it, but your arms are fully functional until you get them extended at shoulder length or higher away from your body. At that point, your very weak and vulnerable to dislocations. It can be rebuilt via surgery but it often leaves a shorter range of motion , weaker, and some people's body dont take to it. Sometimes, if the tear is in a decent spot, it only effects you when your arms are away from you body and behind you. That doenst effect linemen at all. But, if it is a frontal tear, and you are weak when your arms are out in front of you or extended to the side, it is no joke of an injury. There is a brace a lot of guys where to help with this injury, you have all seen it but maybe didnt know what it does or thought it was a arm pad. It is a brace on the upper bicept just below the shoulder pad that is attached to a chest brace that forbids a certain range of motion. The problem is that range of motion isnt 1 needed by a RB, DB, or even a LB, but it is often required by linemen on every play.

You mentioned a lot of players who have had this injury, I would mention 1 a little closer to home: Justin Tuck. He has never been the same since that injury. He used to always control his guy and has been a shadow of his former self since the injury. A lot of people say it is age or lack of motivation and maybe it is, but anyone who has had the injury knows that it likely had something to do with it.

In truth, I cant rate Williams right now. On ability he is a 1st rounder. The problem is I wont be able to see what the docs say about him at the combine. That literally will determine his value in this league and we dont get that info. If they determine he has a bad tear, he could be a 6th rounder. If they say it is an inconsequential 1, then he might be back to a 1st rounder again. I would say that if by the end of the 3rd round his name hasnt been called, the docs didnt like what they saw in him.
    Tuck has never been the same player after that injury. I agree thats a killer injury . I would be scared of drafting him high
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 12-08-2012 at 10:40 AM.

+ Reply to Thread