+ Reply to Thread
Page 473 of 562 FirstFirst ... 373423463471472473474475483523 ... LastLast
Results 4,721 to 4,730 of 5613
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Whats the take on sleepers this yr around here? We used to start a sleeper thread, but probably just put tha INFO right in this thread this yr, i suppose?

Bored , so i figured i'd write down some sleepers of mine... Sleepers can also be guys who are perdicted to go in ealyish rds, that u think are gonna be way better then where they are selected... Any sleepers out there, u guys excited about?

Chris Jones DT Bowling Green- This guy can flat out make plays.. Hes strong, but a bit undersized at listed 292 lbs.. Hes had a incredible season, and could offer value if he goes where projected, in the 4th-6th range..

Theo Rid**** RB N.Dame- Love the kid, and think he helps a team.. He can catch as well as run, and he runs harder then his size indicates.. Could be a nice additon to a duo or trio backfield..

Cierre Wood RB N.Dame- Sticking with the NDAME backfield, CIerre Wood has the more prototypical size u want outta a back, and was a prized recruit when coming out.. Has deceptive speed, and can keep it moving forward after first contact.. Solid mid to late rd RB in my opinion... Has a body type like Darren McFaddens, and is a long strider in the open field, and has decent cut back ability.. Decent reciever outta backfield...

Jake Stoneburner TE Ohio St- I like this kid as a reciever going forward.. He has frame to pile on a few more LB's, and could be a nice additon in the 5-7rd range.. A decent fall back option, if we dont go TE early..

DJ Swearinger S S.Carolina- Hes not a huge sleeper per say, but hes better then a few of the S's perdicted to go ahead of him, in my opinion.. Hes a strong , fundamentally strong kid, who is a key member of a really good defenses backfield.. He can really lay a hit and is involved in most plays it seems.. Not great ball skills, but decent, and isn't a weakness against the pass.. I'd say more of a all around safety, and not specializing in one or the other(pass or against run)..

Dennis Johnson RB Arkansas- Another RB , i know..lol This kid can take a hit and keep on moving, and has that MJD, R.Rice , D.Martin look about em, and i love those low center of gravity backs, that have some shiftiness to em as well.. He has taken over the backfield away from Knile Davis , despite some of that being Davis probably not recovering from injury as well as we hoped, still give em his props for that.. A hard runner, with deceptive speed, could be better pro then college player...

Adrian Bushell CB Louisville- A solid sized CB, who can make the plays against the pass, and was supposed to take over for Joe Haden at FLORIDA but followed Charlie Strong to Louisville.. THe kids been rising, and i expect him to continue that.. Reminds me alittle bit of another former Louisiville CB i liked alot and ended up with saints, Johnny Patrick, who went in RD3...

AJ Klein ILB Iowa St- I just like his gritty hard nosed approach and leadership qualities. he strikes me as the kinda guy who will always make it on to a team because of how hard he works, and the little things he does.. Not overly disimaler to our very own Chase Blackburn.. Good sized kid who can thump..

Jonathan Bostic ILB Florida- Another ILB i really like is Bostic.. Aggresive player, whos stout against run, and could be value on ST's as well.. I really like this kid...

Alec Lemon WR Syracuse
    Shamarko Thomas S Syracuse
    Earl Wolff S NC State
    Blaize Foltz G T.C.U
    LaAdrian Waddle OT Texas Tech
    Robbie Rouse RB Fresno St.
    Emory Blake WR Auburn
    Steve Greer LB Virignia
    Miguel Maysonet RB Stony Brook
    Ryan Griffin TE UCONN
    Everett Dawkins DT Florida St
    Kapron Lewis-Moore DE- possibly switch to DT in a 43 pro sceme?
    Dennis Johnson is really good but he fumbles often, every 25 touches

thats funny as heck...lol I will say, i found a gazillion NFL players who had this injury.. There isn't a ton of Olineman though? Mike Wahle, Andrew Gardner, are 2of the only ones i found? Both were fine and Andrew Gardner is still in the NFL, and he wasen't that big of a prospect to begin with.. Anyhow, its fairly common, as i had about 12names, and i didn't write all the ones i found, and those were success stories..

Heres a article actually entitled NFL torn labrums common injury..lol

Scout.com: Torn Labrum Is a Common NFL injury
    mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=124&f=1930&t=995268 - Similar
    Seems like quite a few NFL players have suffered torm Labrum
    Just wondering, if it is so common and inconsequential, why are people (not just on these boards but bigtime scouts) talking about him falling so far? It CAN be a minial injury, it can also be a very bad 1 or Oline depending on the severity and location of the tear. As I said before everyone can play with a torn labrum, for a time. Playing with it isnt a big deal. The problem is over time, if the tear is a bad 1, the rotator cuff begins because the labrum is a stablizing mechaniz, for the cuff and with it torn the cuff is loose in the socket. I guarantee at the combine they will test the strength of that shoulder in vulnerable positions. It could work out just fine and if so he will be back to high draft status. It will all depend on the combine.

Andrew Datko was a fairly highly rated prospect a couple years ago, had this procedure, then came out and the docs did not like what they saw. His draft status suffered greatly.

Anyways, I am done with this topic, you apparently know more then a guy who has had this surgery 2x and a medical professional. Either that, or you arent reading what people write and keep your blinders on saying "he will be ok." Fact is, that is a guess. There is risk associated with this injury, especially for Olineman. The mere fact that a 1st round talent is talked about falling to the 3rd + round suports what I say.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 12-09-2012 at 03:50 PM.

Veteran
    I'm pretty confident on this one, and that is that Brennan Williams will be totally fine, and hes either gonna make it or not based on his talent... I expect to see him workout at the combine, if not before, and this 2 be a thing of the past in no time.. Also, i'd be shocked if hes not taken in the first 3rds of this yrs draft, if not earlier.. I would personally take em the end of RD 2, and love the value we'd be getting, as hes gonna be a starting RT in the NFL in no time.

Theres really not a whole lotta info out there on Olineman with this injury? I mean, Mike Wahle had it, nad returned just fine.. Andrew Gardner, a 2008 prospect from Ga.Tech had it and played with it most of the season, but he was never anyone who had a huge stock,. and was taken in the 6th rd,. and has managed to stick around in the NFL ever since..

Again, i'd be shocked if half the teams in the NFL didn't pounce on the value of having a brennan williams there to pick up in the 3rd rd, if hes still there.. Thats value galore.. Especially if hes all ready playing in all star games and participating in the NFL combine..
    I hope the kid makes it, as I have mocked him in my 4th and 5th round in two mocks I did.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Veteran
    A kid who got buried due to good play by his peer's / injury Philip Lutzenkirchen, Auburn, 6-5/250. I liked this kid and was hoping to see him play some more this year, I think he can come in and be a great run/pass blocker that can catch a couple of balls. he uses his body to dominate defenders in open space in the limited tape i have seen. he can play Fullback/TE. Versatile kid sad he went down this year.

7th round I'd take him, tough kid, played through injury for a couple of games.
    Last edited by rainierjef; 12-09-2012 at 03:59 PM.

@Katdaddyjay 17h

Veteran
    How do you guys feel about Michael Williams as a prospect out of Alabama. I think he was under used there and could be a steal in the later rounds. His size is extremely intriguing and he's probably a 4.7/40 no more than mid 4.8 I think guy.

@Katdaddyjay 17h

Veteran
    in other news: Well Redeye you were right, RGIII just got taken out of the game. who would of thought it would have been this early in his career.

@Katdaddyjay 17h

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    in other news: Well Redeye you were right, RGIII just got taken out of the game. who would of thought it would have been this early in his career.
    Meh I said it too. That kid has skinny legs and a tiny frame. He is a tremendous athlete and a good guy, but he will struggle to remain healthy in this league and the skins are making it worse by running the option so much.

Veteran
    Is it to early to say Stevie Brown might be legit and not lucky? If so hopefully we retain kenny and with Will Hill stepping up. We might be 1-2 CB/1 LB / 1 DT/ and 1 DE away from being a top 5 defense. how does this change the dynamic of the draft?
    J.Will makes one helluva difference out there. If he adds weight do you feel he can man the SAM or Herz?
    Last edited by rainierjef; 12-10-2012 at 12:46 AM.

@Katdaddyjay 17h

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    Is it to early to say Stevie Brown might be legit and not lucky? If so hopefully we retain kenny and with Will Hill stepping up. We might be 1-2 CB/1 LB / 1 DT/ and 1 DE away from being a top 5 defense. how does this change the dynamic of the draft?
    J.Will makes one helluva difference out there. If he adds weight do you feel he can man the SAM or Herz?
    He has been legit. But not because of the interceptions. He's done a very good job being the last line of defense. Takes good angles. Doesn't miss tackles. The interceptions are a bonus, IMO.

J Will is the future weakside backer. Boley will be gone in another year.
    Last edited by slipknottin; 12-10-2012 at 01:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    He has been legit. But not because of the interceptions. He's done a very good job being the last line of defense. Takes good angles. Doesn't miss tackles. The interceptions are a bonus, IMO.

J Will is the future weakside backer. Boley will be gone in another year.
    agreed on both Stevie Brown and J.Will.. Also, man Stevie Brown justi next in line to be Jerry Reeses steal in FA'cy, or as a UDF, or in the draft.. Jesus, hes a good GM!