12-16-2012, 07:06 PM
We cannot waste another first round pick. I think we have to land a top talent at DE. I'm all aboard the ansah bandwagon
12-16-2012, 07:12 PM
The 1st half was really ugly
Originally Posted by juice33s
12-17-2012, 07:49 AM
welp, that was about as embaressing and almost expected a game as i've seen in awhile from the giants.. Well actually, since the redskins and bengals game, so i guess it hasen't been that long after all???lol What a stupid mentality to have, as far as "play when ur backs and season are at the wall".. How about play every wk, and get that postseason berth locked down and don't chance ur season by coming out completely lifeless and almost moronic in so many games toward the end of teh season?
I've said this a gazillion times and i'll say it again, the veterans on this team have to go.. There the ones letting that mantra hang around yr after yr, and its going to cost us very soon, and possibly this yr.. U simply have to play in this league every wk, and can't not show up because u think ur backs not against the wall yet.. Guys like Corey Webster, Justin Tuck, OSI, Diehl, have polluted the locker room with this thought process, and its time to let these overpaid, gutless wonders go bye bye... They've had there time, and obviously aren't man enough to not let the SB wins go to there heads, and continue to come out even when it seems ur seasons not hanging by a grasp and play hard and win games...
I can tell guys like JPP are getting sick of it as he said in the paper hes sick of hereing about "We've been here before".. he said "forget that we've been here before, just go out and play!"... Thats the attitude i want to here.. Not guys like Tuck and OSI saying "we've had are back against teh wall before"..
Its like SHUT UP , TOOLBAGS!!!lol Just stay home or fake a injury if u can't motivate urself unless the seasons completely on the line..
Anyhow, i'm doing my WEEKLY mock, and i got us picking 20th right now, and i don't see us beating BALTIMORE this wk, and even if we do, i dond't see us winning against Philly.. I think this is the yr this dumb mentality thats been floating around the giants locker room catches up with us, and we blow what should of been a easy playoff berth because of it..
So without further adu, heres my mock with us picking 20th...
1. Ezikiahl Ansah DE BYU- Reminds me of JPP, and obviously Tuck and OSI will be out the door most likely after this season, so drafting pass rushers is a must, and finding guys who are actually still hungry and letting go of the bull cr-ap philosphy of playing only when backs against the wall has to go... Ansah has monster upside, is long and strong, and has JPP type potential...
2. Jonathan Cooper G UNC- Obviously we need Oline help as well as DLINE, and Cooper will help open holes for David WIlson and company, and offers youth and talent on a offensive line that needs both...
3. Jordan Hill DT Penn St- Another play maker on the dline in the form of a DT this time.. Hills talents of making plays behind the line should mesh well with Linval Josephs giant pressence as a run stuffer, who also occasionally get pressure.. Hill and Ansah should really help JPP and Joseph going forward..
4. Terry Hawthrone CB Illinois- Corey Webster su-cks now, and is beaten wk in and wk out it seems, and could be gone.. Hosley looks more like a nickel CB at this point, and Hawthrone has good size/speed combanation and could start opposite Prince down the line.. Secondary help is a must on this team, as well as Dline...
5. Devin Taylor DE S.Caroina- Like i said in previous posts, adding a early rd DE is just a start, and i'd consider adding a upside boom or bust DE in later rds as well.. Devin Taylor falls into that category and he has the size/length and potential to be a decent rotational DE who offers some upside at this stage in the draft.. Tracy and Ojomo have done nothing really to this point, and we could very well lose OSI and Tuck, so multiple DE's could be needed..
6. Miguel Maysonet RB Slippery Rock- I love this kid as a sleeper, and i dont' think David Wilson is a tote the load by himself RB, as he lacks strength and blocking ability and we'll need someone to help shoulder the load.. eveyone knows i love the low center of gravity RB's, with muscular legs, and bowling ball look to em, and Maysonet is that, plus packs some speed as well..
7. Earl Wolff S NC State- a team leader, and underrated player, Wolff brings great intangables to the table and with KP's future up in the air with us, and guys like Stevie Brown and Sash no gurantee to be good consistent NFL starters, getting another solid S into the mix can only help.. If for no other reason, for depth purposes...
12-17-2012, 09:00 AM
Ansah is hungry and plays with a motor that doesnt quit. BYU is a 3-4 defense and he has show he can be unselfish taking on blockers to allow Kyle Van Oy to make plays. Ansah has the size to give the Giants options with their fronts. Remember when Justin Tuck used to dominate Guards when he lined up inside on passing downs? Well that doesnt happen anymore, Ansah could give that back to the Giants. Ansah and JPP would give the Giants a pair of strong,athletic, big defensive ends. I still think they would need an edge rusher on top of Ansah . A smaller faster player that can threaten the edge . Ansah looks pro ready even though he has barely played football. His Hand usage is already very good and he gets assignments
12-17-2012, 09:06 AM
I wonder if Mingo will be in the Giants range he had a poor year and could very well bust but the Giants need speed off the edge. I think Mingo projects better as a LB but if u can keep him clean he would be deadly as a blitzer. He has outrageous burst off the edge he just doesnt play with much strength. I dont think he is an every down end right now at all but if used properly he could really cause problems
12-17-2012, 09:12 AM
Ya, Tucks barley a NFL player at this point.. Seems his prime came and went very quickly, and he never did really live up to the potential he showed in that 2007 season.. Ya, hes had a couple yrs outside of that season, but i thought he was gonna be a 10-13 sacks a season guy for at least the next 6yrs.. Hes only had double digit sacks in 3seasons outta his entire career...
Originally Posted by Redeyejedi
I think ur theory of having Ansah inside on passing downs could work if Devin Taylor could figure out how to turn his measurables and potential into production.. Maybe our coaching staff could turn the light on for him? If so, u would have 3 very long DE't on the line with JPP, Ansah and Taylor, plus in my mock, Jordan Hill, who can also rush the passer on the inside, on passing downs... That could make for a havoc causing foursome on pass downs.. Unfortunetly, we don't know if Taylor will ever get it, though?
I still ike Taylor to a jack crawford of last yr type pass rusher.. He clearly has all the physical gifts, and could be better pro then college player, the more he gets frustrated and willing to put in the work, so he can turn his physical gifts into talent.. Its up to the player though.. Hard to believe guys like Jack Crawford and Devin Taylor aren't dominating more often..
12-17-2012, 09:16 AM
Ya, i was wondering if Sam Montgomery would be in our range as well?
Originally Posted by Redeyejedi
Its gonna be tough to pick between Dline and Oline in RD 1 if we continue to falter and pick earlier and earlier.. Guys like Jake Matthews, Taylor Lewan, and Chance Warmack will make it tough to decide between them or guys like Ez Ansah, Sam Montgomery, and Alex Okafor at DE...
I personally would go get that Dline somebody to pair with JPP first and foremost, but i could see it being a decison for Reese and co to make if they pick in the 19-24 range.. Be alot of guys from the oline and dline primed for taking in that range...
12-17-2012, 11:02 AM
I think you have to value a DE over an OT. How valuable are RTs anyway? Worth a top 20 pick? I would argue not.
12-17-2012, 12:24 PM
i was thinking G in Chance Warmacks case.. A big burly G that pass protects and road grades and has David Decastro type talent level is a guy most would have on there radar for sure..
Originally Posted by slipknottin
But as u say, i also would rather see one of the Ansah, okafor, montgomery guys go to us.. Maybe we can trade up or get lucky enough to secure barrett or dallas thomas, Jonathan Cooper, or Oday Aboushi in RD 2...
Last edited by nycsportzfan; 12-17-2012 at 12:27 PM.
12-17-2012, 12:34 PM
Man, i can't wait to see the DLINE at the Sr.Bowl this yr.. Ez Ansah, Kawaan Short, Margus Hunt, Cory Grissom(nice mid rd DT), Jordan Hill, are all ready signed up to go..
Also, some players i love like Jordan Poyer, Brian Winters, Khaseem Greeene, will also be there...