+ Reply to Thread
Page 479 of 562 FirstFirst ... 379429469477478479480481489529 ... LastLast
Results 4,781 to 4,790 of 5613
  1. #4781
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    welp, that was about as embaressing and almost expected a game as i've seen in awhile from the giants.. Well actually, since the redskins and bengals game, so i guess it hasen't been that long after all???lol What a stupid mentality to have, as far as "play when ur backs and season are at the wall".. How about play every wk, and get that postseason berth locked down and don't chance ur season by coming out completely lifeless and almost moronic in so many games toward the end of teh season?

    I've said this a gazillion times and i'll say it again, the veterans on this team have to go.. There the ones letting that mantra hang around yr after yr, and its going to cost us very soon, and possibly this yr.. U simply have to play in this league every wk, and can't not show up because u think ur backs not against the wall yet.. Guys like Corey Webster, Justin Tuck, OSI, Diehl, have polluted the locker room with this thought process, and its time to let these overpaid, gutless wonders go bye bye... They've had there time, and obviously aren't man enough to not let the SB wins go to there heads, and continue to come out even when it seems ur seasons not hanging by a grasp and play hard and win games...

    I can tell guys like JPP are getting sick of it as he said in the paper hes sick of hereing about "We've been here before".. he said "forget that we've been here before, just go out and play!"... Thats the attitude i want to here.. Not guys like Tuck and OSI saying "we've had are back against teh wall before"..

    Its like SHUT UP , TOOLBAGS!!!lol Just stay home or fake a injury if u can't motivate urself unless the seasons completely on the line..

    Anyhow, i'm doing my WEEKLY mock, and i got us picking 20th right now, and i don't see us beating BALTIMORE this wk, and even if we do, i dond't see us winning against Philly.. I think this is the yr this dumb mentality thats been floating around the giants locker room catches up with us, and we blow what should of been a easy playoff berth because of it..
    So without further adu, heres my mock with us picking 20th...

    1. Ezikiahl Ansah DE BYU- Reminds me of JPP, and obviously Tuck and OSI will be out the door most likely after this season, so drafting pass rushers is a must, and finding guys who are actually still hungry and letting go of the bull cr-ap philosphy of playing only when backs against the wall has to go... Ansah has monster upside, is long and strong, and has JPP type potential...

    2. Jonathan Cooper G UNC- Obviously we need Oline help as well as DLINE, and Cooper will help open holes for David WIlson and company, and offers youth and talent on a offensive line that needs both...

    3. Jordan Hill DT Penn St- Another play maker on the dline in the form of a DT this time.. Hills talents of making plays behind the line should mesh well with Linval Josephs giant pressence as a run stuffer, who also occasionally get pressure.. Hill and Ansah should really help JPP and Joseph going forward..

    4. Terry Hawthrone CB Illinois- Corey Webster su-cks now, and is beaten wk in and wk out it seems, and could be gone.. Hosley looks more like a nickel CB at this point, and Hawthrone has good size/speed combanation and could start opposite Prince down the line.. Secondary help is a must on this team, as well as Dline...

    5. Devin Taylor DE S.Caroina- Like i said in previous posts, adding a early rd DE is just a start, and i'd consider adding a upside boom or bust DE in later rds as well.. Devin Taylor falls into that category and he has the size/length and potential to be a decent rotational DE who offers some upside at this stage in the draft.. Tracy and Ojomo have done nothing really to this point, and we could very well lose OSI and Tuck, so multiple DE's could be needed..

    6. Miguel Maysonet RB Slippery Rock- I love this kid as a sleeper, and i dont' think David Wilson is a tote the load by himself RB, as he lacks strength and blocking ability and we'll need someone to help shoulder the load.. eveyone knows i love the low center of gravity RB's, with muscular legs, and bowling ball look to em, and Maysonet is that, plus packs some speed as well..

    7. Earl Wolff S NC State- a team leader, and underrated player, Wolff brings great intangables to the table and with KP's future up in the air with us, and guys like Stevie Brown and Sash no gurantee to be good consistent NFL starters, getting another solid S into the mix can only help.. If for no other reason, for depth purposes...
    might be the best looking group of players I have seen you mock

  2. #4782
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    29,380
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    might be the best looking group of players I have seen you mock
    well, all of em have been mocked to us before by me, but i suppose not in the same draft? Either way, thanks i guess..lol I think all my mocks make sense, and they should, as i've followed this thing daily for about 15yrs now..lol I'm glad this one peaked ur interest though..

    I know u said in the past u like Earl Wolff as a sleeper, and i believe Maysonet as well? We all seem to be in agreement about Ansah, and if G were a more natural 1st rd positon to be drafted, Cooper might be in the 1st rd group, as hes that kinda prospect as a G... Also, Jordan Hill's strengths seem to mesh perfectly well with that of Linval, as there strengths are opposite, hopefully making for a all around run stuffing, QB Sacking, TFL Machine at the DT positon..lol

    Devin Taylor makes some sense as a boom or bust prospect in the RD 5 area as well..

  3. #4783
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    We all seem to be in agreement about Ansah
    I like Asnah and I think based on projections of where we will be picking he makes sense. I do think his stock will rise though, especially after the combine. I expect him to do very well there and he might actually go higher then expected because of it.

    A lot of people like to compare him to JPP, and I think thats fair. Both are freak athletes. However, i do think JPP had better balance coming out of college. In that regard, I think he needs a lot of work.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 12-17-2012 at 09:00 PM.

  4. #4784
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Hickam AFB JBPHH.
    Posts
    3,167
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I like Asnah and I think based on projections of where we will be picking he makes sense. I do think his stock will rise though, especially after the combine. I expect him to do very well there and he might actually go higher then expected because of it.

    A lot of people like to compare him to JPP, and I think thats fair. Both are freak athletes. However, i do think JPP had better balance coming out of college. In that regard, I think he needs a lot of work.
    I am starting to co-sign with the Asnah pick as well. I just hope he is more polished than JPP coming out, as JPP is hitting a wall this season, hopefully he overcomes it.
    RD1. DT Aaron Donald PITT / ARD1. CB Justin Gilbert OKST
    RD2. TE Jace Amaro Texas Tech
    RD3. CB Stanley jean Baptiste Nebraska / ADR3. DT Dominique Easley Florida
    RD4. WR Cody Latimer Indiana
    RD.5 DE Ed Stinson Alabama
    RD5B. C/OG Tyler Larsen Utah
    RD6. OLB Kevin Pierre-Louis Boston College

  5. #4785
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    29,380
    Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    I am starting to co-sign with the Asnah pick as well. I just hope he is more polished than JPP coming out, as JPP is hitting a wall this season, hopefully he overcomes it.
    Ya but JPP's getting next to nothing from the rest of the team in terms of help getting to the QB..

    Adrian Tracy is not turning into the player i thought he would, as i loved em as a sleeper when he came out.. I thought at worst, he'd become a solid rotational guy, capable of pressure more often then not...

    We've seen nothing outta Tuck and OSI, as they both look Spent.. I mean, OSI"s got his sacks, but those are down and continue to go down, and hes shown nothing at all outside of those 6sacks or so.. Tucks just frustratingly playing bad this yr. Hes doing nothing almost every single wk.. His tackles are way down as well as his pressures.. 1 sack is ridiculous!

    Linval Joseph has been are most productive pass rusher outside of JPP and OSI, and there barley beating em in sack total..lol That kinda tells u that JPP is getting some attention, as these other guys are making sure to not give defenses any reason to worry about them..lol

    I'm hoping JPP's production picks back up if we get a DE like Ansah or Okafor.. I'll take either but prefer Ansah..

  6. #4786
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    29,380
    I know we don't do it often, but what if were to draft a DE like Ansah or Okafor and then trade up in the 2nd RD for a guy like Barrett Jones or Dallas Thomas if there still on the board? What would something like that cost? I'm fine with Jonathan Cooper as i mocked, but Jones and Thomas are more versatile, and seem like stellar fits with the GIANTS in my opinion. A Ansah and Barret Jones 1st and 2nd rd would really help the giants in some need areas with really solid players.. Barrett Jones certainly has a chacne to go in RD1 which would kill this idea , as far as him being drafted by us...

    Would our 2nd and 3rd be enough to move up say to the 5th-9th pick of RD 2 if were picking 21-24th or so?

  7. #4787
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I know we don't do it often, but what if were to draft a DE like Ansah or Okafor and then trade up in the 2nd RD for a guy like Barrett Jones or Dallas Thomas if there still on the board? What would something like that cost? I'm fine with Jonathan Cooper as i mocked, but Jones and Thomas are more versatile, and seem like stellar fits with the GIANTS in my opinion. A Ansah and Barret Jones 1st and 2nd rd would really help the giants in some need areas with really solid players.. Barrett Jones certainly has a chacne to go in RD1 which would kill this idea , as far as him being drafted by us...

    Would our 2nd and 3rd be enough to move up say to the 5th-9th pick of RD 2 if were picking 21-24th or so?
    The only problem is, we really do have a ton of needs to be trading up. I wouldnt mind it if we could address OL and DE, but usually it is teams with 1 or 2 missing peices that trade up, I do not think we are in that category anymore.

    In fact, I think we are at a tipping point this year. This team is very close to falling out of relevance if we dont have a decent offseason and bring in more than just a couple good players. We need 3-5 quality NFL starters added to the roster this offseason and I cant see how we can do that without some serious Reese magic.

  8. #4788
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Ya but JPP's getting next to nothing from the rest of the team in terms of help getting to the QB..

    Adrian Tracy is not turning into the player i thought he would, as i loved em as a sleeper when he came out.. I thought at worst, he'd become a solid rotational guy, capable of pressure more often then not...

    We've seen nothing outta Tuck and OSI, as they both look Spent.. I mean, OSI"s got his sacks, but those are down and continue to go down, and hes shown nothing at all outside of those 6sacks or so.. Tucks just frustratingly playing bad this yr. Hes doing nothing almost every single wk.. His tackles are way down as well as his pressures.. 1 sack is ridiculous!

    Linval Joseph has been are most productive pass rusher outside of JPP and OSI, and there barley beating em in sack total..lol That kinda tells u that JPP is getting some attention, as these other guys are making sure to not give defenses any reason to worry about them..lol

    I'm hoping JPP's production picks back up if we get a DE like Ansah or Okafor.. I'll take either but prefer Ansah..
    JPP is being doubled and chipped, guys going after his legs. I think he is more frustrated then anything. I cant imagine how bad this defense would be without him. I think U better another guy opposite him it would improve the quality of the whole defense. Maybe 1 more guy has to stay in or they have to chose who to chip instead of always directing the blocking at 1 guy. Giants have 3 good Dlineman JPP ,Canty and Joseph . Canty however is overpaid. 2 guys I wouldnt let go of are JPP and Joseph u can have everyone else.

  9. #4789
    As far as Im concerned u build around these players on defense

    JPP
    Joseph
    Phillips
    Brown
    Amukumara
    WIll Hill
    Jacquain Williams
    Hosley - He has had a tough season I still think he can be an effective Nickel corner

    Thats not very much, I like Paysinger as well think he should play more

  10. #4790
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    As far as Im concerned u build around these players on defense

    JPP
    Joseph
    Phillips
    Brown
    Amukumara
    WIll Hill
    Jacquain Williams
    Hosley - He has had a tough season I still think he can be an effective Nickel corner

    Thats not very much, I like Paysinger as well think he should play more
    That seems very fair to me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts