+ Reply to Thread
Page 480 of 562 FirstFirst ... 380430470478479480481482490530 ... LastLast
Results 4,791 to 4,800 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    The only problem is, we really do have a ton of needs to be trading up. I wouldnt mind it if we could address OL and DE, but usually it is teams with 1 or 2 missing peices that trade up, I do not think we are in that category anymore.

In fact, I think we are at a tipping point this year. This team is very close to falling out of relevance if we dont have a decent offseason and bring in more than just a couple good players. We need 3-5 quality NFL starters added to the roster this offseason and I cant see how we can do that without some serious Reese magic.
    I dissagree, teams are always trading up that su-ck as well as teams that need only a few pieces.. OLINE and DLINE is obviously are 2 biggest needs, and being able to secure both of those positons in RDs 1 and 2 would seem to fill our 2 biggest needs real quick..

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    As far as Im concerned u build around these players on defense

JPP
    Joseph
    Phillips
    Brown
    Amukumara
    WIll Hill
    Jacquain Williams
    Hosley - He has had a tough season I still think he can be an effective Nickel corner

Thats not very much, I like Paysinger as well think he should play more
    I'm ok with Phillips going bye bye.. Hes injured to much and dosen't make enough plays on the ball.. I wouldent trust giving him a multi yr deal to be honest... I'd rather bring back Stevie Brown and maybe go to the FA well or draft a S...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I dissagree, teams are always trading up that su-ck as well as teams that need only a few pieces.. OLINE and DLINE is obviously are 2 biggest needs, and being able to secure both of those positons in RDs 1 and 2 would seem to fill our 2 biggest needs real quick..
    Id say cb is a bigger need than ol

I'm ok with Phillips going bye bye.. Hes injured to much and dosen't make enough plays on the ball.. I wouldent trust giving him a multi yr deal to be honest... I'd rather bring back Stevie Brown and maybe go to the FA well or draft a S...
    Teams don't throw anywhere near Phillips usually. They throw at Rolle or throw outside.

I would much rather have Phillips than Rolle. Could sign Phillips, brown, and Hill for what Rolle makes

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    Id say cb is a bigger need than ol
    Certainly debatable.. Snee isn't what he once was, and Diehl is dispicable and won't be back, and we've got yet to see much outta James Brewer, and Cordle is our backup C, and i don't think were all beating down doors to see him in a big minutes capacity, and Locklear is coming off bad injury and is somewhat older...etc We need a versatile lineman and Barrett Jones and or Dallas Thomas would fit that like a glove.. They both can play multiple positons and would seem to fit our scheme well..

Lets not forget who our 1st rd pick was this past yr, in David Wilson.. If were gonna run better, and get the most outta WIlson, we also need to sure up the Oline, and i think it'll pretty much be a nessecity of the Giants going forward...

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Teams don't throw anywhere near Phillips usually. They throw at Rolle or throw outside.

I would much rather have Phillips than Rolle. Could sign Phillips, brown, and Hill for what Rolle makes
    Ya, i would probably let em both go to be honest with u.. We've been terrible against the pass for the past couple seasons, and i've seen more blown covreges with the giants then almost any other team in football, and i watch a ton of football.. I;ve seen more big plays with seemingly S and CB's not being on the same page with this team as well.. I don't think KP or Rolle is really all that, and neither is a diffrence maker, and KP seems to miss time every yr.. I would never re-sign him to a sizable deal, as ur asking for trouble...

The guys missed more games this yr, has nothing but 20tackles and a pass defended on the yr.. Hes basically a non contributor to our efforts this season and has had seasons like this in the past... WHy in the world would u bring this injury prone guy back, unless ur getting em for dirt cheap?
    Last edited by nycsportzfan; 12-18-2012 at 05:48 PM.

Walter Football put out his weekly mock today, and he has my mock basically.. Hes got Ansah going in RD 1 and Jordan Hill in RD 3, and hes got Khaseem Greene(who i love) in RD 2... Thats a nice mock.. Dosen't help the oline, but there will be a positon being ignored no matter what we do.. FA'cy is obviously a must to help teams, as u can't usually do it all in the draft.. I love that mock though..

Well KP being hurt this season may allow him to be resigned for not that much money.

Bigger question is if they can cut Rolle without getting a huge cap penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Well KP being hurt this season may allow him to be resigned for not that much money.

Bigger question is if they can cut Rolle without getting a huge cap penalty.
    I think the Pass Defense is much better with Phillips playing.Making plays on the ball is fine but Id rather them take less shots down the field then get interceptions but also give up big plays. Just going on Big plays can be misleading look at Blackburn he makes big plays but he is awful down to down. The 1 thing that pissed me off is that cut Coe. I would of let Sash go before Coe
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 12-18-2012 at 06:35 PM.

Veteran
    Certainly debatable.. Snee isn't what he once was, and Diehl is dispicable and won't be back, and we've got yet to see much outta James Brewer, and Cordle is our backup C, and i don't think were all beating down doors to see him in a big minutes capacity, and Locklear is coming off bad injury and is somewhat older...etc We need a versatile lineman and Barrett Jones and or Dallas Thomas would fit that like a glove.. They both can play multiple positons and would seem to fit our scheme well.. Lets not forget who our 1st rd pick was this past yr, in David Wilson.. If were gonna run better, and get the most outta WIlson, we also need to sure up the Oline, and i think it'll pretty much be a nessecity of the Giants going forward...
    I really don't care how much wilson contributes, it was a wasted pick and we shouldnt waste more to justify it. I feel like you can consistently win games with journeymen OL. I do not feel like the same can be said about CBs. The difference in play of a great ol and a good one is much smaller than that when talking about corners

+ Reply to Thread