+ Reply to Thread
Page 481 of 562 FirstFirst ... 381431471479480481482483491531 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,810 of 5613
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I think the Pass Defense is much better with Phillips playing.Making plays on the ball is fine but Id rather them take less shots down the field then get interceptions but also give up big plays. Just going on Big plays can be misleading look at Blackburn he makes big plays but he is awful down to down. The 1 thing that pissed me off is that cut Coe. I would of let Sash go before Coe
    Thats fine, but what good is KP if hes not on the field? I mean, hes played in how many games this yr? Hes only played in all games 2outta5 yrs in the league.. Also, u gotta wonder if these injuries are taking a toal on him?

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    I really don't care how much wilson contributes, it was a wasted pick and we shouldnt waste more to justify it. I feel like you can consistently win games with journeymen OL. I do not feel like the same can be said about CBs. The difference in play of a great ol and a good one is much smaller than that when talking about corners
    Olineman are not wasted picks by any stretch.. David Diehl, Will Beatty, Chris Snee have been our best Lineman every yr just about since Diehl entered the league, at least one of em.. Chris Snee was taken early 2nd, and has been our best lineman outta all of em since he joined the club.. Sure hes regressing now, but hes had a stout career with us.. Will Beatty is our best lineman now, and he was a 2nd rd pick as well...

Sure u can find stop gaps, as long as u have guys like Beatty or Snee on the line and in prime of career...

This whole Lineman by cheap aquisiton thing is finally starting to bite us in the rear as we finished last in Rush offense last yr and were not doing paticularly well this yr, and the pressure has seemed to be getting to eli more and more.. Snee's and Diehls primes being behind them are huge reasons why.. U can blend a Locklear(i raved about signing by the way..lol), and Boothe and etc, if u got a couple stalwarts on the oline...

Trust me, we'll be much better if we get some Oline help like a barrett jones, jonathan cooper, dallas thomas, or soemthing like that..

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Olineman are not wasted picks by any stretch.. David Diehl, Will Beatty, Chris Snee have been our best Lineman every yr just about since Diehl entered the league, at least one of em.. Chris Snee was taken early 2nd, and has been our best lineman outta all of em since he joined the club.. Sure hes regressing now, but hes had a stout career with us.. Will Beatty is our best lineman now, and he was a 2nd rd pick as well...

Sure u can find stop gaps, as long as u have guys like Beatty or Snee on the line and in prime of career...

This whole Lineman by cheap aquisiton thing is finally starting to bite us in the rear as we finished last in Rush offense last yr and were not doing paticularly well this yr, and the pressure has seemed to be getting to eli more and more.. Snee's and Diehls primes being behind them are huge reasons why.. U can blend a Locklear(i raved about signing by the way..lol), and Boothe and etc, if u got a couple stalwarts on the oline...

Trust me, we'll be much better if we get some Oline help like a barrett jones, jonathan cooper, dallas thomas, or soemthing like that..
    I agree. In fact, I would go 1 step further. All things being equal, Oline can provide the most value in the early rounds. They are the opposite of wasted picks. They may not be "sexy" picks but they are valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I agree. In fact, I would go 1 step further. All things being equal, Oline can provide the most value in the early rounds. They are the opposite of wasted picks. They may not be "sexy" picks but they are valuable.
    Agreed.. We need a stalwart blue chipper on the oline to team with beatty bigtime..

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I only disagree because of the gap of play in ol. Think of it like the baseball stat wins over replacement. Qualitatively speaking, the gap between a great ol and s good one is much smaller than that of a great and good corner. Two other very important factors is that corners are more vital to winning games and their salaries are higher than ol, meaning you want as many top notch corners on rookie contracts as you can, while using the saved money to sign lineman. It fiscally makes the most sense

Veteran
    Not going to lie. That last loss has taken everything out of me, I was hyped up cause I had the week off, was going to review some tape on CB/OL/DL/S, buy my tickets for the final game of the season cause I will be making the 10 hr flight from base to home on the 29th, to enjoy my first game with my girlfriend... possible fiancee depending on how these last two games go lol. meh!

sorry for the sentimental nonsense back to business.

CB/S is a bigger need than OL ( can be debatable)
    OL is a bigger need than DL
    DL is a bigger need than LB

1. Eric Fisher
    2. Desmond Trufant
    3. Tank Carradine / or Will Sutton ( not as DT he is too small for that as a DE)
    4. Kwame Geathers

not my best work but I am still down on the loss.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

What do u guys think of Devonte Holloman LB S.Carolina? He has expierence playing S as well, but got to big and played Outside LB for the game****s this past yr.. Seems like hes one of those in the right place at the right time guys and makes plays and has the size nessecary to play LB in the NFL, and also has alot of expierence in coverege on bigtime level of SEC from time as a S as well.. I think hes gonna be a ST ace as well.. I see him projected in the 4-7 range depending on where u look.. Reese loves versatility and a guy like Holloman may offer just that, on ST and Defense...

Also, Ray Ray Armstrong is eligible for this yrs draft.. He didn't play for Faulkner U after being let go by Miami, but certainly has intrigue as a 7th rd type, upside pick.. Hes got fantastic size and was a high draft pick potentially before off field issues lead to him going bye bye from the U..

Any intrigue in a guy like Armstrong in the 6th-7th range?

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    I only disagree because of the gap of play in ol. Think of it like the baseball stat wins over replacement. Qualitatively speaking, the gap between a great ol and s good one is much smaller than that of a great and good corner. Two other very important factors is that corners are more vital to winning games and their salaries are higher than ol, meaning you want as many top notch corners on rookie contracts as you can, while using the saved money to sign lineman. It fiscally makes the most sense
    I kind of agree with what our saying about the gap differences, but it does leave out some pretty crucial points too. Like OLine tend to have longer careers and are typically easier to scout than DBs. Db is historically riskier to scout, especially in recent years because of the rule differences between college and pros. Furthermore, DBs dont protect the franchise QB.

Look, I agree that Corner is a massive need for us and I certainly would never complain if we walked away with any of the stud corners avail this year(Milliner, Banks, Rhodes, and some others.) However, I also recognize that we have severely neglected our Oline in recent years. Age has caught up with us up front and this team needs to improve in the trenches, on both sides of the ball really. Call me old school, but I still believe the game is won and lost in the trenches.

I do not care if we address Oline via free agency, or via the draft but it has to happen. We have put it off far too long. I have all the respect in the world for Reese, but looking at our current roster I have to begin to doubt some of what he has done recently. Going into the offseason last year, I said I felt we had the most needs we had in several years. This year, I feel we have even more, and they are more pressing. I truly believe this offseason we are going to see roster shakups the likes of which we havent seen in a few years. In fact, I hope we do because my fear is TC will fight the change to new personel, which was his downfall in jacksonville. He has a history of being stubbornly loyal to his vets. The problem is we have some guys who arent earning their paycheck.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 12-19-2012 at 09:13 AM.

They have severely neglected the DL too. How many DEs have they drafted in the past 5 years? 1?

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    They have severely neglected the DL too. How many DEs have they drafted in the past 5 years? 1?
    agreed. I mean, they have had depth there with OSI, TUCK, KIWI, TRACY(we didn't know how he'd progress), TOLLY, and JPP, but now that GUARD is clearly slowing down, and TOLLY is obviously gone, so its time to load up again with a new guard, to go with JPP and LINVAL, going forward..