+ Reply to Thread
Page 482 of 562 FirstFirst ... 382432472480481482483484492532 ... LastLast
Results 4,811 to 4,820 of 5613
    Veteran
    I think it's easier to Plug in OL during FA than it is with CB's. Some smart moves in free agency and 1-2 picks in the draft can assure we have a better O-Line than what we have right now. I believe secureing the Secondary and LB's is a major priority. I was really hoping Brandon Mosley from aubrun would trun out to be something. Once again where we pick prevents us from getting that Stud OL/CB/LB/ or S. So it boils down to BPA once again.
    You guys feel Ezekiel Ansah is the BPA/need at 20-25 and I am inclined to agree with you, but with the cap and the state of affairs with giants aging OL/ injury riddled Secondary core/ Lack luster LB core. Do you really think BPA is the best plan of approach this draft?
    Cause as much as I like Wilson that was a panic/bpa pick and I am not saying he won't pan out, I am saying its going to be a while before we see return on investment.
    Took C.J. spiller what 2 seasons to breakout, can we wait that long?
    Just a question!

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Its never BPA, its always a combination of BPA and need.

I think if there is anyone at any position that is clearly far ahead of other positions they take that player.

If there is a group of players with similar ratings, then take one at the position they feel they need help at the most.

I will say the most valuable position after QB will always be pass rusher. Followed by players who can cover. Then it becomes a mix of skill position/OL
    Last edited by slipknottin; 12-19-2012 at 05:46 PM.

In the event that Ezekiel Ansah isn't available, do you gentlemen think Sheldon Richardson could be a realistic possibility? He would be a perfect compliment to Joseph on the inside and could take advantage of some 1-on-1s but I worry that his questionable motivation could have him removed off of the Giants draft board.

Also, any idea where Tank Carradine could be projected now because of that torn ACL?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    In the event that Ezekiel Ansah isn't available, do you gentlemen think Sheldon Richardson could be a realistic possibility? He would be a perfect compliment to Joseph on the inside and could take advantage of some 1-on-1s but I worry that his questionable motivation could have him removed off of the Giants draft board.

Also, any idea where Tank Carradine could be projected now because of that torn ACL?
    I had Carradine in the 3rd i think due to this injury.
    I was also thinking of Will Sutton, who played DT, but due to his size he would have to either bulk up really fast without suffering his speed or just convert to a DE at the pro level. If its the latter he can help out tremendously in the Nascar package we all LOVE!!! to see. sigh*
    Last edited by rainierjef; 12-19-2012 at 10:54 PM.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post

THe way guys are coming back from that injury these days, i don't expect him to fall further then 1st half of RD 3, and possibly 2nd half of RD2... Hes still a nice looking prospect, in my opinion..

A Couple of Sleepers to watch out for this draft season..

Vance McDonald TE Rice- Great size, and a heck of a reciever outta TE positon.. He could rise pretty high as draft approaches..

Khalid Wooten CB Nevada- 6ft 200lber, with solid speed, can pick the ball, and get to the QB on occasion.. Seems like a giant kinda CB, and i could see him being a steal in mid to late rds...

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    I think it's easier to Plug in OL during FA than it is with CB's. Some smart moves in free agency and 1-2 picks in the draft can assure we have a better O-Line than what we have right now. I believe secureing the Secondary and LB's is a major priority. I was really hoping Brandon Mosley from aubrun would trun out to be something. Once again where we pick prevents us from getting that Stud OL/CB/LB/ or S. So it boils down to BPA once again.
    You guys feel Ezekiel Ansah is the BPA/need at 20-25 and I am inclined to agree with you, but with the cap and the state of affairs with giants aging OL/ injury riddled Secondary core/ Lack luster LB core. Do you really think BPA is the best plan of approach this draft?
    Cause as much as I like Wilson that was a panic/bpa pick and I am not saying he won't pan out, I am saying its going to be a while before we see return on investment.
    Took C.J. spiller what 2 seasons to breakout, can we wait that long?
    Just a question!
    To be fair, almost every positon in the NFL has plenty of guys producing that came from nowhere(easier to pick up as u say).. Look at guys like Asante Samuel(4th rd pick), Terrell Thomas(very late 2nd rd pick), Casey Hayward(late 2nd by Pack, i loved this kid! Looks like real deal), Tramon Williams(undrafted by pack), Tarrell Brown(5th rd by 49ers, and a solid starter), Captain Munneryln(former 7th rd pick of Panthers, and giving em great value as a starter from that draft slot)....etc...etc

I could go on and on like this, and these are just a few of the starters from CB positon that were taken mid to late 2nd and down to 7th rd.. Just off the top of my head..

Obviously u could do the same thing with Oline, and any positon, but my point is, u can't think like its easier to fill a certain positon here or there.. If we fill CB in FA'cy, then fine, and if we fill Oline in FA'cy, then fine, but neither is easier to fill, and its gonna take finding guys in FA'cy and in the draft that are value picks, and pickups, and try to get as many positons filled for future as possible.. There is no such thing as easier to fill, in my opinion..

Ansah and Van Noy had solid games against SDS last night in Poinsetta bowl.. Van Noy was flat out briliant, and Ansah had a pick, and almost a 2nd pick, and looked very solid most of the night.

Also, Leon McFadden CB San Diego St had a brilliant game, and i think hes gonna be a steal if teams get him in mid to late 3rd-4th rd range.. He was manning up brilliantly and getting his hands on many balls and seemed to have no problem sticking with BYU recievers all night....

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Ansah and Van Noy had solid games against SDS last night in Poinsetta bowl.. Van Noy was flat out briliant, and Ansah had a pick, and almost a 2nd pick, and looked very solid most of the night.

Also, Leon McFadden CB San Diego St had a brilliant game, and i think hes gonna be a steal if teams get him in mid to late 3rd-4th rd range.. He was manning up brilliantly and getting his hands on many balls and seemed to have no problem sticking with BYU recievers all night....
    Van Noy would be a great guy to have as a blitzer situational pass rusher, He will go higher to a 3-4 team that wants to play him everydown. He would actually fit quite well in Kiwis role. He isnt bad in pass coverage. I do think Van Noy gets a lot of his numbers though because teams focus 2 guys on Ansah, He is always single blocked

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Its never BPA, its always a combination of BPA and need.

I think if there is anyone at any position that is clearly far ahead of other positions they take that player.

If there is a group of players with similar ratings, then take one at the position they feel they need help at the most.

I will say the most valuable position after QB will always be pass rusher. Followed by players who can cover. Then it becomes a mix of skill position/OL
    Right now Id go
    1.QB
    2.Pass Rusher
    3.CB- although a really good Free safety might even be more valuable. Barely any of those though. Isnt 1 in this draft