+ Reply to Thread
Page 484 of 562 FirstFirst ... 384434474482483484485486494534 ... LastLast
Results 4,831 to 4,840 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I am stuck on DE for now, but if we are 2 go anything other then DE, then my absoulute dream mock(meaning a chance to actually happen, but barley a chance, teetering on line of realistic and not realistic), would be this...

1. Chance Warmack G Alabama- I just really think this kid would help David Wilson and rest of RB's alot, and he pass protects as well.. Hes a freaking beast!! Not to often, a dream mock would have a G at top of it..lol REmember this is dream mock if we don't go DE...

2. Jordan Poyer CB Oregon St- If u told me Casey Hayward was gonna last as long as he did, i'd of thought u nuts as well..lol If poyers there, i would love to add em.. Hes very athletic, having been baseball player for Org St as well, and hes got ball skills, size and speed..etc Hes freaking awesome!

3. Brandon Jenkins DE Florida St- If were picking 20th-last in 1st rd, i love the value of a Brandon Jenkins... He obviously has the injury to come back from, but has enough size and speed to be a great comp opposite JPP.. I think he could play either 34 or 43...

4. Jordan Hill DT Penn St- Again, dream mock if we don't go DE in RD 1, and Hill isn't totally out of question to be there this late, all though highly unlikely.. Jenkins and Hill would give us 2 g uys who can get to the QB , which bottom line, we need.. Hill fits almost perfectly next to Linval, giving us a great mix of strengths...

5. Devonte Holloman LB S.Carolina- A sleeper of mine, this guy would fit well with us.. Hes got expierence at S, but outgrew the positon, so obviously has some background in coverege and has great size, comes from good defensive team , and would be able to be on field in all 3 downs.. I think hes got alot of potential as a pro...The bigger and stronger hes got, hes been able to maintain his speed.. This kid could rise by draft time..

6. Vance McDonald TE Rice- Keep a eye on this kid come draft time.. A big strong TE 6ft 6in 260lbs who is a heck of a reciever as well.. Serious sleeper alert!

7. Miguel Maysonet RB Slippery Rock- Redeye put me on 2 em, and i fell in love.. i think he and David Wilson could make for heck of a duo going forward, and possibly trio if Andre Brown comes back..
    I hope the Giants get Ansah or Warmack those are the 2 guys I want more then the others

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    Why did you move away from Michael Williams TE bama ?
    Also I doubt poyer leaves the top 10 of the second round, if not late first depending on what he does at the combine.
    ya but did u read the whole post? Its a "DREAM MOCK" if we don't go DE in the 1st rd..lol Another words, i pretty much agree with u about poyer, but wierder things have happened and in a dream situation, he'll be there 16picks in to rd 2.. Don't forget, the Saints and Browns don't have 2nd rd picks, and were picking 19th in RD 1 as of now, so with no picks for saints and browns in rd 2, we actually are picking 16th in RD 2... So, were only talking 6players from where u said "u don't see poyer going later then 10picks into rd 2".. U know as well as i, anything can happen when ur talking about the draft, let alone a 6pick window..lol

Shoot, i think Poyer should be gone in RD 1.. Thats the kinda player i think he is.. Some NFL teams are stupid though and made ridiculous picks and guys drop becuase of it..

Man, i don't know what this team can do to make themselves better next yr, but they need to start by getting rid of teh Old Guard and building around Joseph, JPP, Prince, ELI, Beatty, and Jaquain Williams, and maybe a couple others to start.. I mean a complete over haul...

This mock , i'm not even taking a DE, and i'm gonna hope we can find a DE in FA'cy that can at least help out and maybe be a surprise, becuase i think Alec Ogletree is the player that would make the biggest impact via draft for this defense.. he helps every aspect of teh defense, and i know JPP would love em, for his physical style of play and intimidator attitude.. U put JPP on the DLINE with this guy on the LB core and Prince at CB, and at least u got a player in each area of the defense that can flat out play and build with.. So without futher adu, heres this WK's mock...

1). Alec Ogletree ILB Georgia- a stud of studs, who has grown on me to the point, i see pat willis, rey lewis , type potential.. Hes 6ft 3in 236 lbs, has room to add to his Weight, and is so athletic, i doubt it effects his speed or pursuit skills.. This could be our shot to have a true stud LB in the middle yet again, a leader, a play maker, a run stopper, the whole shabang.. this guy reminds me of a play making missle..

2). Dallas Thomas T/G Tennesee- I think Barrett Jones will be gone, but am more then happy getting this verstaile stud..

3). Baccari Rambo S Georgia- I love em as a S prospect, as hes a playmaker with solid size and speed, and very solid all around game.. Hes one of those guys i could easily see teams wondering why they let em last as long as he did on draft day.. Ogletree and Rambo make for a nice playmaking duo , and turnover creating machine for the giants D going forward..

4). Jordan Hill DT Penn St- Keep loading up on players that can make plays and change games.. Hill just seems like the perfect additon next to Linval Joseph going forward in my opinion..

5). Devonte Holloman LB S.Carolina- Another SEC player, who is versatile, has spent time at S and LB, and has great size/speed combonation, and would be a beast on ST's.. Holloman is very underrated and i think would make this defense better when hes on the field..

6). Vance McDonald TE Rice- spoke about em before, hes a underrated pass catcher who has size to become elite blocker and all around TE on NFL level..

7). Wes Horton DE USC- If on the board this late, not a bad upside pick.. Could be come a solid rotational DE, with chance for more.. Has the length to possibly add more weight as well..

Veteran
    I will never agree that taking a linebacker in the first round is the way to go. We need more young talent at important positions. Mlbs in a 4-3 do not win games. If we didnt take david wilson last year then i would be closer to liking that pick of a mlb

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    I will never agree that taking a linebacker in the first round is the way to go. We need more young talent at important positions. Mlbs in a 4-3 do not win games. If we didnt take david wilson last year then i would be closer to liking that pick of a mlb
    I love it.. We need diffrence makers, and if u watch guys like Ogletree and Rambo play, they make a diffrence.. They don't disspaear for stretches of games , and there almost always involved in plays.. U can blitz with ogletree, he can stop the run, and really fill a gap, and hes not a liability in pass coverege..

U look at Chase Blackburn and how pathetic he looked alot of the time this yr, and yet his stats tell a diffrent story.. Could u imagine a actual stud at MLB for us? Ogletree is the type of guy that would have 5sacks, 3ints, 100plus tackle, forced fumbles..etc He lead the team in Tackles and missed 4games! Thats amazing.. There is no way to fix whats wrong with this team in one yr.. Theres simply not.. U mines well get the best players u can, and Ogletree is one of the best player around ... If he had played the first 4games, his numbers would of been ridiculous!! Guys like Linval eat up the blocks, and Ogletree blasts the ball carrier... I'm telling u, this guy will make every aspect of our team better on Defense...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I love it.. We need diffrence makers, and if u watch guys like Ogletree and Rambo play, they make a diffrence.. They don't disspaear for stretches of games , and there almost always involved in plays.. U can blitz with ogletree, he can stop the run, and really fill a gap, and hes not a liability in pass coverege.. U look at Chase Blackburn and how pathetic he looked alot of the time this yr, and yet his stats tell a diffrent story.. Could u imagine a actual stud at MLB for us? Ogletree is the type of guy that would have 5sacks, 3ints, 100plus tackle, forced fumbles..etc He lead the team in Tackles and missed 4games! Thats amazing.. There is no way to fix whats wrong with this team in one yr.. Theres simply not.. U mines well get the best players u can, and Ogletree is one of the best player around ... If he had played the first 4games, his numbers would of been ridiculous!! Guys like Linval eat up the blocks, and Ogletree blasts the ball carrier... I'm telling u, this guy will make every aspect of our team better on Defense...
    Niners sucked until they got cover guys and pass rushers. I don't care who our mlb is.

Niners sucked until they got cover guys and pass rushers. I don't care who our mlb is.
    THey got a better overall team in general, and have drafted really well overall.. Thats the reason there good now.. There offense has improved, and they drafted olineman who anchor that really good offensive line, and done a excellent job taking the LB core seriously, and drafting Willis, Bowman, and Ahmad Brooks .. Obviously, Aldon Smith is a big diffrence as well... Overall, they've got better in many places..

By the way, i'm not trying to change ur mind.. Ur entitled to ur opinion and to think MLB isn't that important, but in this case, i believe it is.. I believe this time next yr, u add Baccari Rambo and Alec Ogletree, it'll show up in results and on field play for our D.. Linval, JPP, Rambo, Ogletree, Amukumura, St.Brown, and Jaq Williams are a solid nucleus of players i think could really make a diffrence for next season..

Also, i was wondering what u thought of rest of draft? What if i put Ansah or Okafor in RD 1 spot, and left rest the same, would that make the diffrence for you? I'll keep Wes Horton at the end as well..

I get this wierd feeling were gonna draft Tyler Eifert this yr..lol I don't know why, i just got that feeling about it??lol I mean, i am starting to not feel that way becuase were going up further and further up the draft, but i'm still kinda hanging on to that feeling that Eifert wiill be a giant. Theres no denying it would be a sensational fit in my opinion, but as of now, i feel it should be on backburner just alittle bit with other needs, but i still can't shake the feeling eifert will be in blue next yr.

+ Reply to Thread