+ Reply to Thread
Page 489 of 562 FirstFirst ... 389439479487488489490491499539 ... LastLast
Results 4,881 to 4,890 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I have no idea what Kam Chancelor and Earl Thomas has to do with the Giants giving up a TD less per game when Phillips plays. A Safety can have an impact on a game without touching the ball or making a tackle if the QB decides to dump it off instead of throwing the ball deep
    U think KP is such a good cover saftey he keeps QB's from going deep??? I don't think KP is as highly thought of as u in the NFL... I surely doubt Qb's even care when hes out there.. Kenny Phillips dosen't exactly bring fear to QB's and the pass game, i surely doubt.. I was bringing up the seahawks, because it just kinda shows u that Safteys who are actually good, tend to make plays from time to time, and not just by as u say, keeping teams from throwing deep, but by forcing a fumble, recovering a fumble, getting some TFL, and making plays against the run..etc

Did u ever see that missed tackle by Kenny Phillips against a TE in Brent Celek? It was downright atrosius... Again, we actually had a pass rush in the GB game for a change, and there is nothing KP would of done to make a diffrence in any of the last few wks.. The scores would of been the exact same..

Wait till we get a real saftey who actually makes plays behind the line on occasion, forces a fumble from time to time, and actually is on the field as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I guess u missed the Packer game when he played and the defense played extremely well. I guess if u want to give him no credit for the defense playing well then yes he isnt worth resigning.
    We had like 5sacks that game, didn't we? I'd say that is the reason we beat GB the way we did, and not anything to do with KP..lol

I mean, its rare the defense plays well, and i'm just not buying a guy with a mere 1FF in his 5 YR NFL career, and what 24passes defensed? Hes had more then 5passes defensed one time in his career.. Hes recovered a lousy 3fumbles in his caeer.. I mean, is he ever around the ball? Hes avg'ing less then 2 INTS per season...

Regardless, Safteys need to make plays, all the really good ones do, and i just don't see Kenny Phillips being the exception to the rule.. U never here announcers talking about Kenny PHillips and how dire it is the giants have him back there.. Hes just a guy who will go somewhere else and be a backup saftey..

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    Here is a mock I would go with. I have us picking 18th as I feel we will lose this week:

1. Chance Warmack - G Bama - I don't know why but I feel he will be there when we pick as OG is not a premium position. Warmack will put Boothe on the bench which will help stregthen the line in terms of depth. BPA pick for us.

2. Khaseem Greene - OLB - Rutgers - Exactly what we need at OLB. A playmaker. Greene has the speed to cover the TE and plays the run well.

3. Ricky Wagner - OT - Wisconsin - Our RT of the future but also probably a starter next year. Great in the run game and pretty good pass blocking. Upgrade over Diehl and Brewer seems like a bust of a pick.

4. Datone Jones - DE - UCLA - He is what the GMen like in a DL. Very versatile. Can play the 4-3 DE and then kick inside on 3rd downs. I liked what I saw in his bowl game even though the UCLA D as a whole was awful.

5. Travis Kelce - TE - Cincinnati - My most wanted pick for the Giants. Not a household name amongst a good TE class so I have him available here. The combine may change that but he is awesome in the run blocking department and a very good receiver.

6. Bene Benwikere - CB - San Jose State - My guess is he declares and he is a very good player. Playmaker with 7 INTs this year and would be an excellent special teamer.

7. Dustin Hopkins - K - Florida St. - I don't see us resigning Tynes and Hopkins has a big leg. I do not see him not being drafted so we take him here.
    Good mock...

Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    Those stats mean absolutely nothing, he's only played in 4 games this season with 3 of which were in september when the giants always play well....I'm with Sportsfan and would not over extend myself to resign him...He's injury plagued, one dimensional and for the most part non impactful
    Thats what i see as well.. Either way, to each his own.. I like players that some dont' as well..

Hey Juicy, who u want us to draft in first 3rds?

Khaseeme Greene is freaking awesome!

Logan Thomas is hard to stomach.. What happened to this guy? wow! It must eat at him every night , as far as how many millions hes lost this yr..

Seriously, is Logan Thomas half moron? Albeit, that Oline is terrible, but still, somethings wrong with Logan Thomas.. He coulden't handle the hype.. If he gets drafted, its a waste..

Liking what i'm seeing from Bruce Taylor for va tech so far tonight...

Khaseem Greene is as good as Gary Nova is bad .Greene already has a sack a TFL and a TD. Rutgers has a lot of talent but the QB is just so frickin bad. Greene is always near the ball. Still an underrated player.
    Bruce Taylor is a nice player havent watched him closely to much this season . Watched him a lot in 2011 before he got hurt

Brandon Coleman WR Rutgers could end up being the best receiver in this draft if he declares. He is so big and really fluid for his size
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 12-28-2012 at 06:34 PM.

All-Pro
    RU has a lot of speed on defense.

+ Reply to Thread